PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise

AaronJ
7th Feb 2008, 20:28
I've been noticing lately that a lot of highly anticipated new release games have merchandise. Action figures, graphic novels, etc. I think it would be amazing if DX3 merch was available. I'd buy everything, no matter what the cost.

jordan_a
7th Feb 2008, 21:23
I like to think it's the beginning of the end when a studio cogitates on merchandising. :eek:

AaronJ
8th Feb 2008, 18:26
That doesn't make any sense.

Frog
9th Feb 2008, 04:34
I would love a Deus Ex hoodie!!!

Dark Blue for the hoodie and light-blue for the Deus Ex symbol.

A hardcover Deus Ex art-book/bible and soundtrack cd would be nice also!!!

Angel/0A
9th Feb 2008, 05:14
If all else fails, make your own. (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/cb_mcsuit.html) :)

serene_chaos
19th Apr 2008, 08:18
i concur, i friggen want DX clothing.

Voltaire
19th Apr 2008, 09:15
How about stylised armour breastplate and a big trench coat?!? Electric blue contact lenses and sweet shades to go on top!! Little blue-line rub on transfers that looks like the bioelectricity whatnot on Walt Simons' face!!!

Or erm... not. Tee's and hoodies though, yeah why not.

Ooh, and collectible figurines. I'd buy an army of UNATCO troops and blu-tac them everywhere

GruntOwner
23rd Apr 2008, 18:48
I.WANT.A.BREASTPLATE! Preferabley an actual rigid-ish breastplate, because goddamn it would be aweosme, but a shirt with the pattern on would be cool too. Maybe shirts with a simple print of the info link and Icarus' messages on it, or Daedalus, either way some uber in joke. "All I have to do is pick a prime number and multiply"

Voltaire
23rd Apr 2008, 19:12
I.WANT.A.BREASTPLATE! Preferabley an actual rigid-ish breastplate, because goddamn it would be aweosme, but a shirt with the pattern on would be cool too. Maybe shirts with a simple print of the info link and Icarus' messages on it, or Daedalus, either way some uber in joke. "All I have to do is pick a prime number and multiply"

How about "Grow up JC". Real simple, real cool.

Other ideas:
Icarus avatar: ICARUS HAS FOUND YOU!
Icarus avatar: I now have total control over your systems
Daedalus avatar: If you die, our plans will fail
3 stony-faced MJ12 troops: You can't fight ideas with bullets

That last one would be a worldwide must have garment... :D

GruntOwner
23rd Apr 2008, 19:51
"It's the maintainence man, he knows I like orange"

Now if we can move away from our favourite quotes, how about a mug shaped like a medbot, they're already that general structure. A keyring like the softkey would be a pretty cool attachment. Someone already suggested the LAM paperweight in another thread.

Voltaire
23rd Apr 2008, 20:30
... Someone already suggested the LAM paperweight in another thread.

:D me!
And the more I think about it, the more I want one. The NanoKey idea rocks, I'd buy one for as much as the game costs. I'd also happily buy an Alex Jacobson hoodie, a cuddly kharkian and a set of blue post-its in a plastic "data-cube" mounting.
:rolleyes:

imported_van_HellSing
23rd Apr 2008, 21:57
DX merchandise?

Oh just go and buy some sunglasses.

Then wear them at night and tell people your vision is augmented.

Gary_Savage
24th Apr 2008, 01:14
I'd go for the LAM paperweight, and a metal detector/wall scanner [something like this, though, perhaps not as sophisticated (http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-329104/bosch-dmf10-zoom-metal-detector---wall-scanner.html)] designed to look like the DX1 multitool (although a look-alike digital multimeter would be okay, if not, then perhaps a scientific calculator).

serene_chaos
24th Apr 2008, 02:33
I absolutely love the cuddly plush karkian idea.
http://www.thedinosaurmuseum.com/acatalog/cuddly.jpg

and how about a model of The Fetus, from the trailer?

Bloodwolf806
26th Apr 2008, 17:34
As long as a decent writer was attached, I would LOVE a Deus EX novel series.

Tracer Tong
26th Apr 2008, 17:40
I've been noticing lately that a lot of highly anticipated new release games have merchandise. Action figures, graphic novels, etc. I think it would be amazing if DX3 merch was available. I'd buy everything, no matter what the cost.

Says the person who got a DX3 T-shirt...:p

AaronJ
26th Apr 2008, 19:48
As long as a decent writer was attached, I would LOVE a Deus EX novel series.

WILLIAM C. DIETZ WILLIAM C. DIETZ WILLIAM C. DIETZ WILLIAM C. DIETZ

Says the person who got a DX3 T-shirt...:p

Made this post long before. :p

Voltaire
26th Apr 2008, 21:15
I think that Deus Ex should at least become a graphic novel in the next year or two. I would use it to paper my room :D