PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Nosgoth:The Good and the Could be better (imo)

SladeOne
12th Dec 2013, 23:16
Firstly I would like to say hello to the LoK community and thanks to the devs for the opportunity to help improve this game, making it more fun and addicting to its players/fans.

When I first heard of this games development I was stoked to say the least, and it is exactly the type of game that has longevity on its side if not solely because of the LoK fanboys but the amount of lore the background lends the game. Needless to say I'm a fan of this new approach.

That being said lets talk about the good and the not so good, again imo.....

The Good.

-The environment is on point and probably exactly what fans of the game series have been used to seeing through Kain and Raziel's storyline.

-Ease of control: You're not bogged down with a bunch of ability choices, this makes it easier for beginners to just jump right in, zero learning curve with that respect.

-Characters to date are impressively done, nod to the artists working on the project and also the audio is great, nothing like hearing your reaver/tyrant/razielim say something from time to time

-High Replayability thanks to ability altering changes purchased via game store with earned gold IN-GAME, simply excellent

-The stress on team-play and not lone wolf tactics is apparent and rewarded (most times) with kills, something I personally like to see, nothings worse than someone hogging all the kills ---heh

Those are just a few things I've noticed I really like about the direction this game is headed. But with Good there's also not so good......

-The Queue system needs a revamping imo, when both rounds have ended most players want to be sent back to a main splash screen (a place to buy stuff/see news/adjust gear, etc.) rather than the same queued group you just played. This I think gives a nice random feel about who you might go up against.....in other words its no fun getting your tail whooped by the same dude 50+ times.

-No penalty for abandoning mid battle, also no replacement of said abandoner. The replacement issue is bigger than the penalty issue imo. I've been the last man standing on my team a few times now and ....obviously no fun.

-I personally would like to see vampires with the ability to throw small objects as an ability that can be bought perhaps.

- Another personal wish is that Humans could climb ledges and such, just because their human doesn't mean they couldn't climb things below waist level

-More maps.....no doubt in the making but still needed to be said.

-Different Game modes ........again no doubt in the making

Well see you all in game, I still enjoy the game overall, and I'm sure most of these things will be addressed or are in the process of being addressed.

Spectre370
13th Dec 2013, 02:03
Sounds great so far. I posted in another thread about executions that fit the lore and how the vampires seem to have regenerating health. I'm sadly not in yet, but I've seen gameplay. Vampires can already get health from eating their enemy, if anything, they should not be regenerating health, quite the opposite, the blood lust should cause it to die, making them a more desperate sort of hunter.

Besides that, I didn't have many gripes about what I've seen. It looks great.

The_Hylden
13th Dec 2013, 03:19
This belongs here in the closed Alpha section. Please make further posts here.

Oroibahazopi
13th Dec 2013, 03:26
Those are just a few things I've noticed I really like about the direction this game is headed. But with Good there's also not so good......

-The Queue system needs a revamping imo, when both rounds have ended most players want to be sent back to a main splash screen (a place to buy stuff/see news/adjust gear, etc.) rather than the same queued group you just played. This I think gives a nice random feel about who you might go up against.....in other words its no fun getting your tail whooped by the same dude 50+ times.
I believe the lobby system is a work in progress. I've been led to believe there'll be a lot more customization and suchlike. Having everyone in the lobby at the end is a good time to say gg etc though. It's pretty common to just leave and re-queue at the end and no one will care, at least I don't.

-No penalty for abandoning mid battle, also no replacement of said abandoner. The replacement issue is bigger than the penalty issue imo. I've been the last man standing on my team a few times now and ....obviously no fun.
You should be getting people from queue filling your empty team slots when someone abandons. As for deserter penalty, it's probably a good idea.

- Another personal wish is that Humans could climb ledges and such, just because their human doesn't mean they couldn't climb things below waist level
Humans with a height advantage are really annoying to deal with as their weapons can reach across the entire map in some cases, the scout's grappling hook is a primary ability for a reason.

hirukaru
13th Dec 2013, 13:57
Nice post, I posted some answers and my opinion in the quote.

Firstly I would like to say hello to the LoK community and thanks to the devs for the opportunity to help improve this game, making it more fun and addicting to its players/fans.

When I first heard of this games development I was stoked to say the least, and it is exactly the type of game that has longevity on its side if not solely because of the LoK fanboys but the amount of lore the background lends the game. Needless to say I'm a fan of this new approach.

That being said lets talk about the good and the not so good, again imo.....

The Good.
I always start with the bad and end with the good. But oow well ;)

-The environment is on point and probably exactly what fans of the game series have been used to seeing through Kain and Raziel's storyline.

The environment is indeed nicely made, but I think there will be graphical increase later. At least I hope. The new maps will represent the past more accurate if I am correct.

-Ease of control: You're not bogged down with a bunch of ability choices, this makes it easier for beginners to just jump right in, zero learning curve with that respect.

It is good you found the controls easy to learn. I heard from some players that they found it hard to learn this game, but this could be to other facts as well.

-Characters to date are impressively done, nod to the artists working on the project and also the audio is great, nothing like hearing your reaver/tyrant/razielim say something from time to time

I totally agree, but I heard somewhere that the speech is not 100% accurate compared to the timeline.

-High Replayability thanks to ability altering changes purchased via game store with earned gold IN-GAME, simply excellent

I totally agree, even though there will soon be special items that can only be bought with ruïns, I have been informed that these items will not make a real currency buyer more powerfull. Mostly looks and some different attack sets.

-The stress on team-play and not lone wolf tactics is apparent and rewarded (most times) with kills, something I personally like to see, nothings worse than someone hogging all the kills ---heh

Yeah team play is indeed being rewarded, this game really push you to play in a team. Sometimes it is hard if you play with randoms.

The queue system will change in the future, they will probably add a button to vote for a new round. This is for the players that had a good decent and fair fight. But I do understand your feeling, but you can press the exit button and re queue, at this moment there is a 90% chance you get put back into the old game cause of the lack of players.

Cause of the lack of players at this moment the replacing of a player goes slow, this will change when the game goes to CB, OB and to full release

-I personally would like to see vampires with the ability to throw small objects as an ability that can be bought perhaps.

This is just my opinion: If vampires are able to throw stuff like rocks etc. they will become overpowered to the fact they can now use distance attacks from on top of the roofs. The balance it makes that the humans can use distance attacks and vampires got a strong skill set is in my opinion fair enough. I do understand your feeling though.

I agree with this, but I think this might debalance the game a little. This way humans can in some maps climb onto houses.

-More maps.....no doubt in the making but still needed to be said.

More maps are a work in progress, the new maps will represent the history more accurate if I am correct.

-Different Game modes ........again no doubt in the making
There are indeed a few game modes in the making, but this is a top secret project. Even the loyal and brave don't know anything about it yet :(.

Well see you all in game, I still enjoy the game overall, and I'm sure most of these things will be addressed or are in the process of being addressed.
It is good to hear that you enjoy the game :)

SladeOne
17th Dec 2013, 20:26
apologies about the misplacement of the thread...

Psyonix_Eric
17th Dec 2013, 21:07
This is all really good feedback. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

cmstache
17th Dec 2013, 21:13
You're lucky that ended when it did Eric... You were goin down :P

SladeOne
18th Dec 2013, 14:52
Just to add to the vampire ability to throw.......this wouldn't be a skill that does tremendous amounts of dmg but in this game the smallest bit of health loss is not a good thing, so have the impacted be enough dmg to want to dodge it.......which in turn breaks up a human team that is successfully defending a "hiding spot"