PDA

View Full Version : Conflict:DO Demo Problem.

Tkc
6th Feb 2008, 22:26
Dont know why, but i cant create a profile, its like my mouse doesnt work at the menu but it works cuz the titles remark in color when i set the mouse over they, and i can pass the intro with a mouse clicking. But i cant make clicks over the buttons.

Thanks.

jaywalker2309
7th Feb 2008, 12:28
Dont know why, but i cant create a profile, its like my mouse doesnt work at the menu but it works cuz the titles remark in color when i set the mouse over they, and i can pass the intro with a mouse clicking. But i cant make clicks over the buttons.

Thanks.

What graphics card do you have? which drivers?

Do you have dual monitors? also what resolution are you running at?

Tkc
7th Feb 2008, 13:04
Pentium 4 3.0
Motherboard Gigabite GA-8IPE775-G
2gb Ram Memory
GeForce 6800gt with the lastest drivers 169.21
1280x1024 @ 75 Herzt
Single Monitor Viewsonic vx922 tft 19" @ 2ms

Janes Addiction
10th Feb 2008, 16:03
Same problem here.

Cannot create a profile to get into the game as the mouse button doesnt work on that screen.

Like the above poster, it gets me through the start videos with left click.

Tried different mice - no change.

AMD 64 X2 4200+
Asus Nforce 4 A8N Deluxe
Geforce 7900 GS
SB Live!

Monitor is in 60hz Good old CRT Packard Bell which has given years of sterling service.

Driver 169.21

Tried many resolutions and gfx settings

Janes Addiction
10th Feb 2008, 17:10
Update :-

I installed the latest Nvidia Beta drivers from Guru3d 171.something.

It WORKED........once..... :(

Right after the install of the driver and reboot, I could choose a profile and I got into the game.

However I had it set to a low res from earlier experimentation. SO I quited the game, set all the settings to proper gameplay settings, and it refused to choose the profile again. Like the left hand button doesnt work on the mouse.

Set all the settings back to the 'Low' settings I had before when it worked. STILL doesnt work. Left button problem is there again.

SO I had it working....once....if thats any help. Cannot get it working again at all, experimeneted with res/hz/drivers/USB mice/normal mice etc.

charliebrownau
12th Feb 2008, 02:04
I never had a problem with the Demo v1 creating a profile
even when the game wasnt setup and it was running portable .

By using different screen sizes and settings shouldnt effect
the game making a profile (then again this game demo is buggy).

I posted a pic of my in game graphics in the demo
which made the profile fine.

What might stop creation of a profile is software firewalls and AIO
suite software (zone alarm , trend, avg, etc)

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/5457/cfographicsforumissuecbva4.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cfographicsforumissuecbva4.jpg)

Janes Addiction
12th Feb 2008, 15:59
Thanks for your reply, however its not just the 'CREATION' p[art that doesnt work, its any left mouse button click on any of the options.

We cannot 'exit', 'delete profile' or 'create a profile'.

Even the fact that it started once and I was able to create a profile, I can still not choose the option for the profile I made.

Its like the left mouse button just refuses to work and you have to Alt-Tab out and end the program in Task manager.

Janes Addiction
14th Feb 2008, 15:42
Found out the problem!

If you have a joystick installed, the main button defaults to the joystick buttons instead.

Use your stick to create the profile, or just unplug it.