PDA

View Full Version : Fountain of Youth: Good Idea?

rsdigi
6th Feb 2008, 15:21
There's a post on the forum where a member doesnt like the idea of getting rid of medipacks in favor of Lara healing herself. So how about this:

Although I don't think they should go away, think about this:
What if Lara runs into the fountain of youth in Underworld, and it has streams that spread throughout a level. Instead of medipacks for that level you run across the streams which you can drink to heal. Something like that would be cool.

ditom
6th Feb 2008, 15:38
I saw it in Prince of Persia and I didn't like it.
I you get hurt you have to come back every time to fountain and it is very frustrating.

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 15:44
I saw it in Prince of Persia and I didn't like it.
I you get hurt you have to come back every time to fountain and it is very frustrating.

I know and you would die so many times if there was many bad guys/ animals to face. So fustrating! :mad2:
But i'm sure CD and eidos will think about all the options they have

ditom
6th Feb 2008, 15:48
Medipack is best way for TR but I hope I'm wrong and CD will make some good way of healing.

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 15:52
Medipack is best way for TR but I hope I'm wrong and CD will make some good way of healing.

I'm sure they're thinking about it other wise they would have made a decision by now. Which is good.

RinoTheBouncer
9th Feb 2008, 00:15
There's a post on the forum where a member doesnt like the idea of getting rid of medipacks in favor of Lara healing herself. So how about this:

Although I don't think they should go away, think about this:
What if Lara runs into the fountain of youth in Underworld, and it has streams that spread throughout a level. Instead of medipacks for that level you run across the streams which you can drink to heal. Something like that would be cool.

It is a cool idea rlly but to come to reality , there isn't such thing in real life , or at least in this world , and the game better be closer to reality not to illusion or other worlds , ur idea would suit to only some levels in the game in which she might go to another world (The Underworld for example ...)

TDK
9th Feb 2008, 11:05
OK wut about eating animls that she kills or mybe cooking them like the sims cast away LOL WTF fountain of youth :lol: come on its LARA CROFT OK bring the F**** medipacks GOD ! :mad2:

LaraLara
10th Feb 2008, 18:03
It would be amazing if we could identify where Lara was injured, and then see her treating her injuries using the medkit. (i.e. apply ointment, bandage, etc.) I think it'd be way more realistic than insta-heal :p and way cooler too! :cool:

tombraiderxlegend
11th Feb 2008, 02:48
It would be amazing if we could identify where Lara was injured, and then see her treating her injuries using the medkit. (i.e. apply ointment, bandage, etc.) I think it'd be way more realistic than insta-heal :p and way cooler too! :cool:

That would be awesome. Although, some people use medipacks a lot and if there was a cutscene everytime you used them, then that would get annoying. It's still an awesome idea!

rsdigi
11th Feb 2008, 13:06
It is a cool idea rlly but to come to reality , there isn't such thing in real life , or at least in this world , and the game better be closer to reality not to illusion or other worlds , ur idea would suit to only some levels in the game in which she might go to another world (The Underworld for example ...)
Come to reality? Are you serious? This is a friggin Tomb Raider game, they are always based on myth.
Natla a creature with wings? A Huge Dragon in part 2? Fighting skeletons in Last Revelation? A huge Shadow creature in Legend?
Reality, oh yeh TR is a reality game series all right. :mad2:
Lara has always been about finding lost worlds and places of myth. I could actually see a game in the future where she is searching for the fountain of youth.

rsdigi
12th Feb 2008, 13:07
I don't like it. I find this idea to childish for Tomb Raider and it doesn't feel like TR for me at all. Sorry. :o
Please define childish, and how it relates at all to a fountain of youth. No you're right, medipacks scattered in tombs that havent been touched by humans in over a millennia..that makes more sense, not at all "childish" as you seem to word it. :rolleyes:

naraku
12th Feb 2008, 21:42
Maybe Lara wasn't the first to explore these places. Maybe European explorers died there in the 1920's like Indiana Jones. Maybe he dropped them, would be cool if she found graffiti on the walls of tombs like in real life. Like, "Indiana Was Here 1940, Watch out for that breakaway floor its a dozy". :lol:

LisaB1962
13th Feb 2008, 14:20
Lara wouldn't use a true "Fountain of Youth" if she found one. I don't think she would want to live forever.

darklightdan
13th Feb 2008, 17:03
if the enemies have camps, i suppose you could heal yourself when you get there, and have a decent sized energy bar to last you. which would also make the game harder :).
plus whilst the game is loading you have a cut scene of her repairing herself. lol

LCraider08
18th Feb 2008, 07:59
no.
no no no no.

health packs.

this is almost as bad as checkpoints.

rsdigi
18th Feb 2008, 15:54
this is almost as bad as checkpoints.
lol yeh, because we all love starting over from the beginning every time we die. :rolleyes:

LaraLara
18th Feb 2008, 20:29
lol true that pwnt!

LaraLara
18th Feb 2008, 20:30
*oops double post

McKay
18th Feb 2008, 21:32
Medipacks are the one and only way forward:thumbsup:

TouchOfPink
18th Feb 2008, 22:16

:thumbsup: I like that idea..
But I also liked the way that in Legend, she would have a limited number of medipacks and not like in Anniversary where you would start the Natla fight with 36 small medipacks and at least a dozen big ones.. :nut:

LCraider08
19th Feb 2008, 02:09
lol yeh, because we all love starting over from the beginning every time we die. :rolleyes:

Well what I meant by that was the fact that lets say you are in between, you passed the last checkpoint and you have to leave and have to save and turn off...it loads you from the checkpoint...thats what I meant by that.

rsdigi
19th Feb 2008, 16:01
Well what I meant by that was the fact that lets say you are in between, you passed the last checkpoint and you have to leave and have to save and turn off...it loads you from the checkpoint...thats what I meant by that.

Oh gotcha, so you want the save anywhere feature from TR2 (which I loved). I hate when you get to a checkpoint, but miss a jump and fall below, but don't die. then you hit an earlier checkpoint and die. Instead of starting up high at the other check point you start at the earlier one. knowwhatImean?

james987654321
20th Feb 2008, 02:51
i think in order 2 use a health pack, lara must not be in combat and that she heals herself gradually while roaming (maybe even seen applying alchohol to invisible wounds and wiping them. this may be achieved by holding down a certain button which means lara can only walk around and not climb/fight...

LCraider08
23rd Feb 2008, 05:19
Oh gotcha, so you want the save anywhere feature from TR2 (which I loved). I hate when you get to a checkpoint, but miss a jump and fall below, but don't die. then you hit an earlier checkpoint and die. Instead of starting up high at the other check point you start at the earlier one. knowwhatImean?

Exactly what I am talking about! Or you forget to get a reward/relic and you want to go back to an earlier save spot since you just slid down a slope but you cant go back becuase you just hit a new checkpoint.? yea. iknowwhatyoumean

briek
24th Feb 2008, 17:46
I don't like the idea. I thought at first you meant as a storyline, but in this way I think it doesn't sound like a good idea. Maybe as a different Tomb Raider game, and that could be an area where you had to defeat the boss - but no. I don't like it otherwise.