PDA

View Full Version : Which manor do you want?

crushter
4th Feb 2008, 19:07
Hey! Do you want the classic (TR1-3) manor or the Legend/Anni manor (The movie style one)?

Me: I'm not really bothered. To be honest, I can't picture the classic manor in top notch graphics at all. I think it's better if it's in bad graphics and would be... weird in newer graphics.

Sorin
4th Feb 2008, 19:22
I like the Legend manor, it just needs to be a lot bigger. With no dead doors and with more to do outside.

Wess~Gamer
4th Feb 2008, 19:57
I like the legend/anniversary manor a lot!
however, it is the movie-style manor and I think the game looks to much like the movie.. they already dumped the logo so another manor would be cool too :)
It would be cool to have a total make-over for the TR 1-3 manor, with everything much more beautifull and with a lot new and old to explorer..
But also, I'd like to see a whole new manor in Tomb Raider: Underworld (or any TOmb Raider game after TRU).
It would be cool to explorer everything all over again, to find out where everything is and what kinds of things they putt in to let it look amazing!
plus that CD can make a manor of their one, if they make the legend/anniversary manor again they just make the movie-manor and when they make the TR 1-3 manor they just make the core-manor.. so maybe this is a good opitunity to make a CD-manor.. ;)

The conclusion: I don't really have an opinion, so long it's big, large and huge.. I just want a beautifull manor where you explore almost everything. inside and outside! mazes, motortracks, puzzles, etc.. and all of that in amazing graphics! how hard can that be? :rolleyes:

TDK
4th Feb 2008, 23:15
Legend/Anniversary :D cuz its so cool cuz it is the same house in TR movies :)

Rai
5th Feb 2008, 00:21
I voted for the Legend/Anniversary manor. It doesn't bother me that it was based on the movie one. I liked the layout. I would prefer it if it were possible to open all doors and definitely have more outside.

I read in one of the recent articles that the manor has been redesigned and that new gadgets will feature and there will be different training areas. This all sounds really fab. I just hope the manor isn't turned into a mini level.

ditom
5th Feb 2008, 15:56
I like Legend manor but it should be much bigger.

William Croft
5th Feb 2008, 16:08
Legend and Anniversary, I'm used to it and I don't see the old one in top notch graphics.

And it is confirmed the Manor Will be back :D .

naraku
5th Feb 2008, 21:41
Anniversary Manor was nice. I like going outside:D

matches81
5th Feb 2008, 22:36
Legend / Anniversary manor. Just bigger, please? I actually enjoyed those two manors quite a lot.

Bampire
5th Feb 2008, 22:54
I personally want something new, just a little different, but at the same time I want the classic olde Tomb Raider Manors, like 1-3. I miss the the classical feel to it, but sadly there wasn't much to explore or whatever the case, in the house.

NightRain'06
6th Feb 2008, 05:50
I also think the next Croft Manor should be entirely different. I'm not disavowing Crystal Dynamics' movie-borrowed versions. They're fantastic !

But it's just that I was expecting a newly designed home from scratch for her since they took over the development and continued/revived the franchise with Legend. Then to see additional borrowed elements from other games and movies, it's bizarre to witness those as well because at least personally it seems to have become a trend.

tiiti
6th Feb 2008, 11:04
For me it doesn't matter if the Groft manor is new or not but...

I've had this idea for few years now, wouldn't it be great if one of the rooms in Groft manor would be the Amber Room. The one that disappeared during the second world war.

Because in real life nobody seems to know where the wall panel vanished or if they were destroyed it seem the ovious choise in game world that Lara has them.

If someone who works at Eidos reads this post then feel free to use my idea (...like that is ever going to happen :lol: )

TDK
6th Feb 2008, 11:57
its a good idea by the way ! :D

I've had this idea for few years now, wouldn't it be great if one of the rooms in Groft manor would be the Amber Room. The one that disappeared during the second world war.

Because in real life nobody seems to know where the wall panel vanished or if they were destroyed it seem the ovious choise in game world that Lara has them.

If someone who works at Eidos reads this post then feel free to use my idea (...like that is ever going to happen :lol: )

Rai
6th Feb 2008, 13:12

Groft Manor? Never heard of this strange place... :scratch:

Dunno what you are on about with the Amber Room either, sounds interesting.

Okay, I Googled and read up about this room. So tell me, why would Lara have it in her manor? Why is it obvious? On the other hand, it does seem like a good idea as a mystery for Lara to solve. I can image that Lara might take it upon herself to go in search of the mystery that surrounds the disappearance of the room and search the areas where it was last seen and it's original location. But I can't see it just happening to be at the manor. Not without a proper adventure to explain how Lara found it. :)

DempseyRo
6th Feb 2008, 15:04
:confused: Hi everybody :confused:
I love the classic manor, it hasn't got any enemies, it haves much nice rooms.
But i also don't hate the TR-Legend/Anniversary manor.
It also hasn't got enemies, but it's a bit cunfusing when your in the Anniversary maze.
For the Legend/Anniversary manor nobody runs around exept for yourself!
In the classic manor Winston is always running after you (that's no problem, you just lock him up in the freezer :rasp: )
I still hate the attic from the classic manors, and i love the gyms.
I still like the classic manor most of all. ;)

DempseyRo :cool:

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 16:18
:confused: Hi everybody :confused:
I love the classic manor, it hasn't got any enemies, it haves much nice rooms.
But i also don't hate the TR-Legend/Anniversary manor.
It also hasn't got enemies, but it's a bit cunfusing when your in the Anniversary maze.
For the Legend/Anniversary manor nobody runs around exept for yourself!
In the classic manor Winston is always running after you (that's no problem, you just lock him up in the freezer :rasp: )
I still hate the attic from the classic manors, and i love the gyms.
I still like the classic manor most of all. ;)

DempseyRo :cool:

First of all, Welcome to the forum.
Right, the anniversary/Legend one is very similar to the classic one although some bits are changed although the Legend/Anniversary suits the next-gen standards people expect :thumbsup:

tiiti
6th Feb 2008, 16:29
Groft Manor? Never heard of this strange place... :scratch:

I always spell the name wrong. I really don't know why.:mad2:

Dunno what you are on about with the Amber Room either, sounds interesting.

Okay, I Googled and read up about this room. So tell me, why would Lara have it in her manor? Why is it obvious?

Because the location of the wall panels seems to be such a mystery I thought it would be kinda cool if Lara had them. I know there's nothing magical about these amber panels unlike the Excalibur but still. (She also had quite a lot treasures in her basement in tr2, without any explanation).

On the other hand, it does seem like a good idea as a mystery for Lara to solve. I can image that Lara might take it upon herself to go in search of the mystery that surrounds the disappearance of the room and search the areas where it was last seen and it's original location. But I can't see it just happening to be at the manor. Not without a proper adventure to explain how Lara found it. :)

You're right on that. I think that's a great idea.:)

But some might not like this idea 'cos, like i said, there's nothing "magical" about them. "Lara's latest passion: interior desing. Nothing can stop her on her latest quest...finding the long lost wall panels.":D

ChOnyD
7th Feb 2008, 06:13
I think I would perfer the Legend/Anniversary manor, but anything is fine with me. The only thing that I would like is:

1. The manor being the place where the little pop up things are and not the levels.
2. The ability to go from day to night. (Maybe press the interact button near her bed and the time of day will change?)
3. It is fun and amusing with tons of rooms that are not limited.
4. Accessible front yard, and maybe climbing on the roof or something.:D

LOL what a list!:rolleyes:

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 18:14
I voted for Brand new design, because I didn't like the manor from Legend/Anniversary. Legend Croft manor was way too small with no outdoor levels. Anniversary Croft Manor had a boring maze that was creepy and desolate outside. I didn't like the feeling of being in the garden. It was so lonely!! It should be sunny at least, and with people to talk to, and vehicles to ride. Maybe an outdoor swiiming pool instead and pets, like a snake. Also, Croft Manor was too lonely. It was all shadowy and haunted mansion-ish. :scratch:

james987654321
28th May 2008, 07:44
Ino! I mean would it kill her to have a few hamster-balls rolling around the manor? NO!

little miss Ju
28th May 2008, 09:48
I'd love to see something new because, well because it's new! I thought the Legend/Anniversary manors were way too small and kinda boring (especially anniversary as the only reward you got was a harp and a piano, which didn't do much anyway) so yeah I'd like to see what CD can come up with.

ziad
28th May 2008, 17:55
i liked the legend and anniversary manor only because it looked nice. but it did look and feel like an actuall house, with no mystery or adventure. i liked the core mansion on the bases that you can explore and find new rooms and cool hidden places, and the scale of the whole thing was very nice too. so i reckon a new mansion would be nice, mix the scale and mystery of cores mansion with the beauty of the CD ones

David 070
29th May 2008, 07:11
i didnt like the legend mansion very much.seemed to closed in. i think it needs to be bigger. hehe

maybe redesign one to look like the chronicles one. but we definately need a huggeeeee outdoor area to explore ..!!! :)

dont forget a lever editor eidos!!!!!! when are we going to get a level editor???? pleasssssseee i realllly want one soooooooooooo bad!!!! lol :p

id even pay for one. think about that. hehe :p

ziad
29th May 2008, 19:43
i didnt like the legend mansion very much.seemed to closed in. i think it needs to be bigger. hehe

maybe redesign one to look like the chronicles one. but we definately need a huggeeeee outdoor area to explore ..!!! :)

dont forget a lever editor eidos!!!!!! when are we going to get a level editor???? pleasssssseee i realllly want one soooooooooooo bad!!!! lol :p

id even pay for one. think about that. hehe :p

i think the new tomb raiders are being built buy more industry basic tools like maya and 3d studio max. i dont think u would want to be paying a few thousands for those tools and and top of it try to programme everything in to the tomb raider game engine.

i may be wrong guys.. just in case this starts an argument:rasp: