PDA

View Full Version : does Warren Spector visit here?

pauldenton
4th Feb 2008, 16:26
hey Warren if your out there, reading this then welcome?

RedFeather1975
4th Feb 2008, 16:33
I'm not sure he'd know what to say to you. :confused:
Maybe 'I'm going to Disney Land!'.

AaronJ
4th Feb 2008, 16:57
Does Jesus go to church?

RedFeather1975
4th Feb 2008, 17:42
I heard he does so when he goes for communion he takes the waiffer and says 'mmmmm, I'm sacrilicous'. Then everyone does a hearty laugh with their upper body, like in Scooby Doo endings.

pauldenton
4th Feb 2008, 21:42
youre a nut redfeather - but we love it :rasp:

well i guess if i were Warren i would not reveal i was here, chances are he is here from time to time, given his love of the game and the Dentons.

what could he say to us? well he could input on where and how he thinks the game should go, just like the rest of us. but in reality he couldnt really do that overtly as game company politics would thrown on it, so perhaps my post was pointless after all :nut:

but chances are he would have plenty of interesting input to add - just be on the lookout for someone who has great insight into the game world and DX.

we love you Warren if youre reading this, but about IW :mad2:

:rasp:

Draco1979
4th Feb 2008, 21:54
I am sure he reads this forums and post input to them but he is not going to come out and say "Hey I am warren" as a shield glows around him.

AaronJ
4th Feb 2008, 22:00
DRACO IS WARREN!

But seriously, no I don't think so.

Angel/0A
4th Feb 2008, 22:01
I am sure he reads this forums and post input to them but he is not going to come out and say "Hey I am warren" as a shield glows around him.

Yea, that would break the forums. :P

jd10013
4th Feb 2008, 22:22
I can't imagine any reason he would visit this board. For starters, he's not on the payroll. and second, he's such a big name in the business, if he had a question or was curious; I'm sure he'd just give them a call.

SageSavage
4th Feb 2008, 22:52
Because it's "his baby"... ;) But I don't think he lurks here very often since I am pretty sure that he doesn't have the time as studio founder, developer and husband...

tanonx
4th Feb 2008, 22:56

Oh, c'mon, that's totaly unrealistic. There are spaces in it and everything. Plus, we'd know if he'd enabled cheats.

jd10013
4th Feb 2008, 22:56
I know its his baby. But why would he bother with us? I'm sure he would just contact eidos Montreal.

pauldenton
4th Feb 2008, 23:11
I know its his baby. But why would he bother with us? I'm sure he would just contact eidos Montreal.

yes he may well contact Eidos, but trust me as someone who does something that is released to the mass public - He will most likely be interested in the feedback from the gamers. if only out of curiosity, or validation of his own ideas or whatever.

perhaps more so as the game comes along and people can give more reliable feedback.

i wont say what i do, but i will say that the main forums are often a subject raised in boardrooms, though i would say - more so at release time than others.

how do you know if you or your intellectual baby really hit or missed the mark?
you look to the fans who understand what was done, more so than any bent magazines.

Draco1979
4th Feb 2008, 23:32
Well I am not warren but I thought I would make an effort to make a funny joke on a cheat in DX1

Xcom
4th Feb 2008, 23:39
Hey, stop scaring .. and tempting me.

I don't wanna go on a holy quest of searching through IPs and E-mails hoping that I might find Spector himself hiding under some false nickname. :eek:

Though it would be cool if he was here... although I don't know how good he'll feel seeing that so many people still can't get over IW. :rasp:

Draco1979
4th Feb 2008, 23:48
Hey, stop scaring .. and tempting me.

I don't wanna go on a holy quest of searching through IPs and E-mails hoping that I might find Spector himself hiding under some false nickname. :eek:

Though it would be cool if he was here... although I don't know how good he'll feel seeing that so many people still can't get over IW. :rasp:

You know you wanna go one that search and far as people cant get over it IW they need to move on and the crew making DX3 need to learn from IW and not make the same mistake twice. I feel if they do make DX3 better then DX1 or on the same level people are going to say "What is IW again?"

AI Prototype
5th Feb 2008, 02:55
I am Warren.

I bet he has his hands full at Junction Point, though. I doubt making games is a 20-hour a week job. Sheldon Pacotti (writer of Deus Ex) is working for him over there, eh?

AaronJ
5th Feb 2008, 18:55
I am certain that if he is here, he has made a post in this topic.

gamer0004
5th Feb 2008, 19:21
I don't think he's here (he's got better things to do) and if he were here, he wouldn't say he was. So he wouldn't be bothered with the "DX:IW sucks" kind of fan nor with the stalking "you're genius man can I please have your phone number?" kind of fan.

AaronJ
5th Feb 2008, 19:55
I think I know who he is if he was a user here anyway. If by the slight chance I'm right, his secret is safe with me.

jordan_a
5th Feb 2008, 19:56
:thumbsup: I couldn't have put it better myself.

tanonx
5th Feb 2008, 20:56
I have no clue who it could, would or should be. I dunno why I would really need one anyways. Don't need an account to read the forums, correct?

v.dog
6th Feb 2008, 10:32
I'd like to imagine he's here, working from the shadows, quietly trying to shape the game in the fashion he is after by influencing popular opinion.

He doesn't seem to be doing a great job of it so far tho'. :P

jd10013
6th Feb 2008, 23:50
he's probably laughing thinking, "they wasting there time trying to make anything near as good as DX. Even Harvey couldn't do that."

:D