PDA

View Full Version : Favourite characters in DX - who we want back if possible

DXeXodus
4th Feb 2008, 11:30
Deus Ex 1 was a deeply involved game in which one interacted with many, very different characters. These characters were believable when they were being affected by something it felt that you were too. Deus Ex 2 also had a few interesting characters, but not nearly of the same calibre as thos of DX1. I would love, if possible (because some of them are dead, unless its a prequel) to see them again. And this time done properly. The return of some of the original characters (DX1) that occured in the second game was not that great. The nostalgia just wasn't there.

If it's a prequel I would love to see Gunther and Anna again - they were absoloutely amazing in-game characters. Also Walton Simmons because he scared the crap out of me even though he never raised his voice... he was just a bad-ass and I loved it.

I know that if the game is a sequel it is much more difficult to say because you dont know whats going to happen... but hey, we're passing the time here so let me know which characters made you a DX addict and which ones you want to see again....

And btw, JC and Paul are a given.... be a bit more original

tanonx
4th Feb 2008, 16:47
Alex Jacobson, Jamie, and Tong. I liked them. Also perhaps a kid named Alex D, if it's in the right time frame.

Draco1979
5th Feb 2008, 01:33
The Omar, Tong, Alex Jackson, Maybe a clone of Bob Page

AI Prototype
5th Feb 2008, 02:22
I think they should leave DX's characters alone. If the game takes place around 2027 then there's a good chance that will be the case. If Eidos wants to respect the franchise, they could accomplish that by not messing up our favourite characters.

I think the best route would be to just make a Deus Ex-esque game revolving around a completely original set of characters. They could tie some minor DX characters into it through the background material. Have a few datacubes referencing Senator Philip Mead, or Beth DuClare or someone like that. Mention a couple involved in a special government research program that will allow them to have a child. Tying together background characters like that could give it some of the cohesion and continuity I think most of us are craving.

OuttaZyme
5th Feb 2008, 05:32
And btw, JC and Paul are a given.... be a bit more original

Lucius DeBeers, Sam Carter, and Jordan Shea.

And maybe Tech Sergeant Kaplan. Maybe.

;)

gamer0004
5th Feb 2008, 12:10
I think they should leave DX's characters alone. If the game takes place around 2027 then there's a good chance that will be the case. If Eidos wants to respect the franchise, they could accomplish that by not messing up our favourite characters.

I think the best route would be to just make a Deus Ex-esque game revolving around a completely original set of characters. They could tie some minor DX characters into it through the background material. Have a few datacubes referencing Senator Philip Mead, or Beth DuClare or someone like that. Mention a couple involved in a special government research program that will allow them to have a child. Tying together background characters like that could give it some of the cohesion and continuity I think most of us are craving.
It would be very cool to get hints of them, however. Or that you see them once in the game (in the way what you can see Maggie Chow talking to Bob Page in Hong Kong, you can see and hear them but you can't touch them).

B0b_P@ge
5th Feb 2008, 23:26
Myself, Maggie Chow and the whole crew from MJ12. Also, the russian sailor at the 'lucky money' who says "I spilled my drink!".

v.dog
6th Feb 2008, 10:24
Tracer, Maggie, Jock, Sam, Jamie, and Nicolette, I loved them all!

Gunther and Anna would be good to have back if it's a prequel.

AgentSmithereens
6th Feb 2008, 18:41
Louis Pan! Although he won't be born yet if it's a prequel. Maybe his dad? Meeting JC and Paul as children would be rather cool. Maybe you could go to that Swiss finishing school they went to.

Angel/0A
6th Feb 2008, 20:47
Louis Pan! Although he won't be born yet if it's a prequel. Maybe his dad? Meeting JC and Paul as children would be rather cool. Maybe you could go to that Swiss finishing school they went to.

JC's the only one who went to the Swiss school, Paul didn't.

Paul, who was raised to adulthood by his parents, was flamboyant and happy-go-lucky, while his younger brother J.C. spent most of his childhood in Swiss schools and became serious, bitter and a little paranoid. (Score one for Nurture.)

O.m.a.r
7th Feb 2008, 03:32
Omar

Boiny Bunny
7th Feb 2008, 10:20
If it's a prequel - one of the most interesting characters for me would be to see Lucius DeBeers - supreme leader of all the Illuminati, in his golden years.

He could be a character that offers you work/threatens you. Eventually you could help Morgan Everett to trap DeBeers by convincing him that he could trust Morgan to run things smoothly while he was in cryo-sleep.

Veritas_Secreto
8th Feb 2008, 23:21
I'd love to see Paul being made an agent, and Gunther when he was still human - as well as Anna.

Godspeed to you, Eidos Montreal!

Lo Bruto
10th Feb 2008, 01:34
I'd love to see Walton Simons again
Maybe how he turned into that badass nano-aug Director of FEMA.

PrinsJonis
25th Feb 2008, 23:38
MJ12 Commandos in general are sooooo cool! I want 'em back. :(

JoJo the pimp and that other Thug that sold drugs near the Mole people that said "***** I ain't goin back to jail!" and then started shooting at you!

Helios and Icarus for being mysterious and generally adding alot to the whole "Future and uber technology" concept.

Oh.. and who else?

Gunther Hermann!!! (I almost cried when I read this Datacube from DX:IW after playing through Deus Ex 1 so many times and spent time hacking all the computers to read the mails he sent.. especially the one about the Skull gun)

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5930/datacubewh0.jpg

lightbringerrr
26th Feb 2008, 02:07
Dentons, Tong, Alex, Jock, Dowd, The Omar, Arms dealer in Hell's Kitchen, and fresh Clones of Page and Simons.

Everybody else can go down the crapper.

lightbringerrr
26th Feb 2008, 02:15
Well, maybe Dumier too, just so I can smack him around some more...

A Guy
26th Feb 2008, 03:10
Nicolette, Smuggler, Jock, Helios, Carter, Tong, Alex J, Everett, Dowd just to name a few.

Mindmute
26th Feb 2008, 14:45
If it's a prequel then I would love to see Anna and Gunther back. Aswell as the bartender from the Underworld bar. I'd love to know what she did as a Unatco agent and why she resents it so much.

Good luck with your 'business'...

If it's not, I'd love to see Jock, the clones of Simons and Page and Sam Carter. Never really liked Tong that much to be honest...

Azrepheal
1st Mar 2008, 02:09
Anna and Gunther as new agents would be pretty cool. Itd be nice to see them get 'mech-augmented up' as the game progressed. Also Walton Simmons - at least a mention of him - he's one of the most kickass bad guys in computer game history

W.S.
5th Mar 2008, 07:30
Please get Chris Todd as writer again. i really admire his work, and not only i do, as the big response on his 'jacobs shadow' shows.

the bad guy should be of walton simmons quality, real bad ass but althoug rhetorical eloquent.

i wish to meet sam carter again, wheter its a pre or sequel. if prequel maybe at the time he is a general who just got desillusionated :thumbsup:

Lovethor
5th Mar 2008, 10:19
In my oppinion DX 1 had far more amusing characters then DX 2.
Most people loved the bosses but that does not mean they should be brought back. Sure we want it but doing so will make it thin and worn out. The only character i would like to see again is Jock seeing as he was the only one that managed to stay by your side through the entire game and keep neutral or support your decisions.

Illuminati
5th Mar 2008, 18:52
Those lesbian chicks in the Hong Kong Bar... :D

Seriously though, I liked Tong and the Duclares. Come to think of it, Beth Duclare (Was she the mother?) could star in a prequel.

OOO right and the OMAR would be cool, but i think concerning the timeframe that would be difficult as they were only present in DX2.

IcarusIsLookingForYou
6th Mar 2008, 01:28
Definitely Gunther, but only if they use his original voice actor. "Agent Orange knows I like nanoaugmentaion technology!"

Azrepheal
6th Mar 2008, 02:04
Prequel: The Russian sailor in the bar, as a kid "I spill my JUICE!"

Sequel: Ecchelon V (Daedalus' child, aka Babylus)

But seriously? Beth Duclare, if its prequel, and Anna / Gunther as I mentioned above.

a_noise_severe
21st Mar 2008, 20:16
beth or nicolette duclare

someone related to maggie chow... was anyone else really grossed out when they realised lin may chen was the daughter of maggie and MAX CHEN? bald central...maggie clearly had no standards...

sid black! in my head i imagined him and alex d as lovers (i played as a female alex d)...he was just so manly and heroic.

Kevyne-Shandris
23rd Mar 2008, 10:39
What I'll miss more is the voice acting will be changed. Got so used to their voices, that it'll be almost a betrayal to hear them differently now -- especially Walter Simmon's voice (it's just soooo c-o-l-d and mechanical).

Apart from the brothers, would like for Jock to return with some more history of his mysterious past. Something about him, to me, says he had more to deal with the Dentons than was said.

Would be nice to have some of the UNATCO troopers return. Remember Corporal Collins saying, "Welcome aboard, Agent"?

So much will change, and for such an epic game, change isn't seen very friendly. Personally, just want DX1 to be remade with nearer graphics and sound quality, but leave everything like it was before. Why I'm so mixed with DX3, would love it, but will know it's not DX1. :cry:

m72
23rd Mar 2008, 12:21
I'd like to see Sandra Renton, Everett, Nicollete and if possible all of the Tarsus Gang, and maybe the all grown up Nassif's Niece whose name i don't remember

LancerMW
23rd Mar 2008, 15:08
Tiffany Savage

Vestu
23rd Mar 2008, 16:41
...Also, the russian sailor at the 'lucky money' who says "I spilled my drink!".

HAHHAHA xD yeah! I say make him a comical reappearance lol :P

Plus: Sam Carter, Jaime, Alex, Jock (R.I.P. brother), Maggie.

minus0ne
23rd Mar 2008, 18:44
Jock (R.I.P. brother)
You can replay it and remove the bomb this time around ;)