PDA

View Full Version : Probability of a terrible Da Vinci Code-type plot

AaronJ
4th Feb 2008, 00:42
80%

35% Trailer info. References to Da Vinci, etc.

35% Tomb Raider style engine. Puzzles, etc.

10% Personal hunch

Kneo24
4th Feb 2008, 02:53
Haha, nice.

jd10013
4th Feb 2008, 03:18
the story/plot doesn't worry a bit. thats the easy part. What I am worried about is a repeat of IW where the game, for whatever reasons, gets dumbed down to the point where it warning on the box.

OuttaZyme
4th Feb 2008, 06:01
My hunch is that Deus Ex 3 will not only have a Da Vinci Code-type plot, but said plot will be integrated into a third-person puzzle-action-platformer-shooter with timed, button-pressing Guitar Hero-style minigames to perform tasks such as lockpicking. :D

Zegano
4th Feb 2008, 07:08
If they do make a rip off of the Da Vinci code I hope God (or whatever force in this universe defines justice) unleashes an unspeakable plague upon them. Seriously, with all the tv shows they made on the subject which just ended up with maybe its true, resulting in nothing actually being proven, I just want to forget it ever happened. But I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion of the Da Vinci code, so I'll just end with DEMANDING that Eidos doesn't do it.

Also, why does the spell check in Eidos' forums not recognize their name and say that its mispelt?

RedFeather1975
4th Feb 2008, 09:31
It's true everyone.
You get to play as a quirky password hacker accompanied by a little baby.
Through clever solving of several puzzles found on terminals you find that the little baby is actually the great granddaughter of Jesus Christ Denton himself!

After that, nothing changes! Stuff is revealed and quickly swept under the rug.

gamer0004
4th Feb 2008, 11:41
DX was a bit of a puzzle game! But not in the TR sense of the word :P
you didn't really need to puzzle, you were also able to blow your way through.

tanonx
4th Feb 2008, 16:53
timed, button-pressing Guitar Hero-style minigames to perform tasks such as lockpicking. :D

Agent, use your Star Power to rock that bot!

Though, wasn't the Tomb Raider engine also used for Project Snowblind...?

OuttaZyme
5th Feb 2008, 05:15
Agent, use your Star Power to rock that bot!

Though, wasn't the Tomb Raider engine also used for Project Snowblind...?

The Snowblind engine was called GexOmen, whether this eventually evolved into the Tomb Raider engine, I don't know.

For me, it's easy to be a naysayer. To be cynical. I know people are concerned about the choice of engine, but Monsieur D'Astous has said that they will be using a "next-next gen" version of the current TR engine, so we'll see. I'm optimistic.

/off topic

GruntOwner
16th Feb 2008, 17:23
Eidos. Devs. If you're listening, put the book down and stick to the conspiracies we all know and love. Hell have one of the quirky conversations between people have a blatant disproval of the theory brought up, but if you include that religious crap as anything greater than a refernce on a datacude found under the desk of an unremarkabley low ranked templar, than we have a problem.

minus0ne
17th Feb 2008, 00:45
I hope you're not serious (I can't tell when you're being so... percentual?). The devs aren't that stupid. Also, there's a difference between a reference to Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man and a reference to Dan Brown's stupendously retarded "book".

Lo Bruto
17th Feb 2008, 01:42
The Da Vinci's works in the Flashing Images during the teaser is related to the Anatomy, nothing related to that DV's Code conspiracy... :scratch:
by the Way, the references to Anatomy in Trailer are great...

GruntOwner
17th Feb 2008, 16:27
Thankyou for correcting me minus0ne, and I'm guessing the admins have probably got the hint that we don't want THAT conspiracy, though if it were to become apparent that jesus was a psi, as they came up in DX, that could be interesting. Hell, psionics as a whole could be great if they did it properly.