PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Update Notes thread

Razaiim
12th Dec 2013, 19:16
I can't seem to find anywhere that explicitly states all the changes made in the last update... and I know a few of them affected gameplay... I'm hoping we can band together and get a list down?

1. Bola now prevents dodges
2. Swift bow damage nerfed, (not sure in what ways)
3. Temporary item counter activated
4. I think tweaks to the pounce abilities; pounces that should be hits (Edge of meshes connect, going just over the target) no longer register as a hit
5. Servers region locked

Anything else?

Psyonix_Corey
12th Dec 2013, 19:29
Sorry that day of patch notes got missed somehow. Here are the official ones:

Reaver
Pounce
- Impact damage reduced to 225-450, was 275-550
- DoT damage reduced to 250 over 2.5 sec, was 300 over 2.0 sec
- Cooldown increased to 12 seconds, was 10
- Auto-aim air correction strength reduced
- Easier to disrupt with damage (both in-air and on a teammate)

Savage Pounce
- Impact damage reduced to 325-650, was 375-750
- DoT damage reduced to 300 over 2.5 sec, was 350 over 2.0 sec
- Cooldown increased to 12 seconds, was 10
- Easier to disrupt with damage (both in-air and on a teammate)

Scout
Throwing Knives
- Throwing animation is no longer truncated - knives now spawn 0.2 sec after using ability, up from 0.1 sec

Vampires
- Vampires disabled by Bola can no longer Dodge (Spacebar)

Items
- Item expiration fixed.

Psyonix_Corey
12th Dec 2013, 19:30
Yesterday's patch, which GeorgeK posted on the Tech forum, was smaller:

Scout
Swiftbow
- Pulled damage reduced to 375, was 400
- Pull time increased to 1.3, was 1.0

Razaiim
12th Dec 2013, 19:32
Excellent, thanks. This explains alot.

hirukaru
12th Dec 2013, 21:52
Thanks Corey,

Updated the bug thread with the new patch notes.

Syst3mzero
12th Dec 2013, 22:59
So vampires overall were not meant to have lost auto aim? just broke it again then?

sentinels were missing their targets constantly today, normally its hard not to get stunned when they dive at you but man they just couldn't land a stun today. generally it seems vampires lost auto aim as even with direct hits sometimes it wasn't registering but also it didn't feel the same as the pull was gone. Humans seemed to be getting massive scores tonight in one game it was about 20v-38h then after the switch it was 10v-40h (we won :) ) so both teams did badly with vamps and both did too well with humans which really reinforces my belief that it was an auto aim problem.

The vampire handling felt like it did in the test that was round about 8th Nov when the auto aim broke.

Psyonix_Corey
12th Dec 2013, 23:25
Nothing was touched with melee, but we'll see if we can reproduce any issues.

Syst3mzero
13th Dec 2013, 03:59
played a few more games since and a few people have mentioned sentinel pick up problems but others seemed to be doing fine, myself I seem to be having collision problems where normally the reaver leaps and hits the player, does damage and bounces back (forgot the name of it but its the one where you move fast on all 4s and you don't knock them down) however multiple times tonight when I hit the human it was like I hit a wall, I just hit them for no damage they didn't mini stun I didn't leap back I just hit them and stood there. I wasn't hit by anything like a bola and this happened a few times when the player didn't even notice me till I was stood next to them.

Razaiim
13th Dec 2013, 04:09
Corey, is the aim-assist tied to one general variable or group of variables, and modified for each class? because sometimes that can cause un-expected changes even though you only tweaked the code for one thing... hence sent problems... which i noticed as well

lucinvampire
13th Dec 2013, 11:32
Syst3m - I think I may have had the same issue - I tried the Reaver Leap attack last night for the first time and just thought it was pretty lame in that he jumped at the person - seemed to give them a little shove or not depending on how annoyed he was and then just stand there - as if he was someone wanting to start a fight down the pub...in the end I just changed it out - so is this not normal for this attack? I don't think it did any damage to the person...I might be misusing it though - maybe you jump and then are supposed to do something :D I love the crawling on all fours though that's amusing lol.

I'd heard the same thing about Sentinel - a lot of people telling others not to use Sentinel last night because it was having issues!

cmstache
13th Dec 2013, 20:04
I've noticed even square attacks on the back of a human can sometimes miss, even if they aren't moving. It's most obvious at healing points.

Also, yes, the sentinel is much more finicky now.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 00:21
I would like to add my 2p about the Reaver Leap attack being a bit dodgy. As above I can leap at someone and bounce off thin air doing no damage.