PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS Swiftbow nerf

Oroibahazopi
12th Dec 2013, 17:09
wai u do dis

In all seriousness yes it's the better bow out of the 4 but the way I see it is that the other bows are too weak. Dps on the charge shots is pitiful compared to the hunters repeaters. It's like half if you take into consideration the post attack delay of the charged shot, a third in some cases.

Good vamps will regen if they get hit from a distance so a lot of the scout damage by the end of the match is meaningless anyway.

Psyonix_Corey
12th Dec 2013, 17:58
Saw a disproportionate number of high level Scouts using it exclusively in metrics. Internal testing felt the damage on a 1 second draw time was too generous - Compound, War, and Storm bows had their draw times increased before Alpha launched but Swiftbow was not heavily used internally so it was missed.

This brings it more in line with the other bows. If they are underpowered across the board we can look at buffing all of them next.

Oroibahazopi
12th Dec 2013, 18:27
Ok. I played a match with decent players and it still seemed usable so I'm fine... for now.

Strike5150
13th Dec 2013, 12:16
Yea damage went from 24k to 19k on average. But thats really not a great metric because damage done also is heavily influenced by the amount of combat time in a game. If you don't make it to 40 kills because the team is camping a lot damage will go down as a result.

Oroibahazopi
13th Dec 2013, 14:47
I think that the draw times on the other three are too long, I think it'd be better to keep the damages the same but reduce draw times to:

Warbow: 2
Swiftbow: 1
Normal/Storm: 1.5

The main reason people don't use the other bows is the horrible cut in fov and slow movement that makes you dead imo.

Damage and draw nerf was probably overkill tbh. Because even though you get 19k like the rest of the team now, a lot of that damage is regened off since you usually hit vamps from quite a range.

cmstache
13th Dec 2013, 19:56
Lol, you don't play sentinel much do you oroi?

Oroibahazopi
13th Dec 2013, 20:45
Nope! But even so it wasn't too hard to evade shots when the swiftbow was at 1 second.

Strike5150
13th Dec 2013, 21:54
You were probably flying behind some leaves and didn't know it :P. But seriously you can't play sentinal vs a good scout, forget it and go reaver.

Oroibahazopi
13th Dec 2013, 22:03
Nahh a lot of places it's quite easy to get close and divebomb, though yeah you'll usually eat maybe one or two arrows if you're the first guy there.

Can pull off some very dodgy hover stuff while flying I've seen by flying against certain geometry. Pretty good for ambushes. Also you can stun with divebomb from a really low height, barely off the ground level.

cmstache
13th Dec 2013, 22:37
You can't do much vs a swift bow the way it was. The charge time was about the same about of cooldown as the air dodge. Unless the sent gets faster evading abilities mid air, then the swiftbow needs to stay nerfed honestly. Dodging 2-3 people is hard enough without a charge arrow every seconds flying at you from each of them. They would literally hit me twice before i could even dive to swoop them down, and you can get the sent moving pretty quickly.

Strike5150
14th Dec 2013, 12:39
dive bombing from that height is suicide, I usually see them try it once :). Then I poke em full of holes. From that height you get owned by scouts AND hunters AND alchemists. Whoops.

One arrow = 300+ dmg, two arrows is 600+ dmg, what are you gonna do after you lost that much health just getting close. Its not impossible to play sentinal but you will most certainly do a lot more dmg and be more useful as another class. That is more or less the point.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 13:28
Hunter out dpss the Scout by miles yet I don't see you complaining about that. The best sentinels I have played with always fly at ground level until they want to abduct or divebomb.

cmstache
14th Dec 2013, 13:32
Yeah, and you eventually have to go high. I love falling straight into a dive off a building, but that option isn't always there. The bow is still plenty strong the way it is now. 25 dmg a shot is almost nothing as the draw time is lightly slower, yet still significantly faster than the other bows.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 13:40
The dps on the charged shots is like 200 at most. While the hunter is at around 360.

cmstache
14th Dec 2013, 16:52
The DPS on a hunter is only that high vs a tyrant. And people do complain about it: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8194... look at the bottom of the thread... again.

Oroibahazopi
14th Dec 2013, 17:05
No it's that high vs anything I don't know why you'd say that. It's easier to hit a tyrant because they're slow and big but that doesn't change the dps of the weapon.

Strike5150
15th Dec 2013, 21:48
The weapon yea, gotta hit something with it first. The only person that I know matches scout dps at all is tailspin. No one else has damage numbers like scout, not even after the nerf. Draw damage is still over 300 for the swift bow.

cmstache
15th Dec 2013, 22:06
You can easily sustain an avg DPS of 200 with a hunter close range for several seconds if you hold down your primary weapon and spam your skills at the same time. That doesn't even calculate and self-inflicted damage either.

And before you say "Only a few seconds" Oroi.... that's all you need to kill someone is a few seconds.

Xaragoth
17th Dec 2013, 14:30
It's interesting that the Swiftbow was nerfed, since it was the prefered weapon of many Scouts for Solo Play. The War Bow is a bit too slow to be used without someone having your back, but it's the prime team weapon. Swiftbow is probably still the most effective soloing bow though. Simple due to the low Draw Time. I haven't seen many people use the Storm Bow at all, since it can barely compete with the regular one.

All the while Siege Bows still seem to rip through Tyrants like they are made of paper without much trouble. Being big is bad in Nosgoth.

cmstache
17th Dec 2013, 15:45
Siege bows are a bit over-powered, but not as much as the swift bow was. I think the swiftbow is still better than the main bow, but has a toss up with the storm and war bows. It used to be a dumb decision to make, now there's more give and take in all three, which makes it more fair of a weapon.

Psyonix_Corey
17th Dec 2013, 16:58
Siege Bow damage has been reduced to 95 (was 100) in latest dev build to bring its DPS in line with other crossbows.