PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot in Tomb Raider UNDERWORLD

Joshorty
2nd Feb 2008, 09:37
This time I double checked and am positive no one else has posted this yet so enjoy :D

Gamespot's demo experience (http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/tombraider8/news.html?sid=6185449).

Capkeez
2nd Feb 2008, 11:36
Nice find! thanks.

rabid metro
3rd Feb 2008, 03:39
it appears that the pre-alpha demo was shown to many online media outlets simultaneously, as they are all saying the same thing about this demo ...

thanks Joshorty!

(and i think it was just a mistake that the PS2 release was not mentioned)
:cool:

lokness
3rd Feb 2008, 03:59
From the Interview at Gamespot, apparently the supporting characters have been toned down and the game will cater for the masses - Which probably means the same old; button mashing combat, piss easy puzzles and linear gameplay.

I think i know how it will already turn out...:(

(and i think it was just a mistake that the PS2 release was not mentioned)

I doubt it.

Joshorty
3rd Feb 2008, 04:21
I know..for some reason I have a weird feeling about this. But one thing for sure..I'm not as excited as I was for when Legend was about to come out. It's weird. I'm not in the hype. In fact, I wanna stay from it as much as possible...

ChOnyD
3rd Feb 2008, 04:22
BE POSITIVE!!!;)

This is facinating news. Nice find!:thumbsup: The information was great, and I had a lot of things that were a bit foggy in my mind cleared up.:D

"And, unlike in prior instalments, some enemies, such as those frisky felines, can follow you to hard-to-reach places, which makes it harder to find a vantage point and take potshots leisurely from afar."

"As well as using objects, you'll still have the grappling hook, but this time the points to which you can attach it are a bit harder to spot."

"Many of the puzzles in Underworld can be solved in multiple ways."

Cant wait for more news.

Joshorty
3rd Feb 2008, 05:24
BE POSITIVE!!!;)

This is facinating news. Nice find!:thumbsup: The information was great, and I had a lot of things that were a bit foggy in my mind cleared up.:D

:D

But I said that to myself many times but I don't know..well I'm not gonna want to expect too much (even though I don't..). I gotta admit though lots of things we begged to Crystal Dynamics (on tombraiderforums.com, many suggestion threads were made) has now come true such as more realistic movements (mo-cap) and her being able to pull her gun out WHENEVER, corpses not having to disappear,etc...so this sounds promising. I just don't want to get too much into the media hype! If you all remember Legend, DARN that was too much. It took so much in people that one of them made their thread title of the last level and spoiled us T_T...

rabid metro
3rd Feb 2008, 06:53
...Which probably means the same old; button mashing combat, piss easy puzzles and linear gameplay.

I think i know how it will already turn out...

are you reading the same reviews that i am?
persistent debris to mark your non-linear paths through the level.
adversaries with improved AI (that can possibly fight each other as well as pursue you into hiding).
puzzles that can solved in more than one way ...
and so on.

and it was already announced by Eidos/SCi that a PS2 release was planned, along with, at least, the 5 other platforms mentioned.
:cool:

William Croft
3rd Feb 2008, 10:29
Thanks Josh great find :thumbsup:

Joshorty
3rd Feb 2008, 14:12
No prob guys :D But I didn't really find it. Since I'm a Gamespot user, it was automatically updated to me:lol: Of course I gotta share here where not everyone's a gamespot user and would want to know this unless they themselves also search ;)