PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters

Draco1979
2nd Feb 2008, 06:59
Ok how many of you out there cheated in DX and DX2? There has only been a few games I have not cheated on. I would have to say DX was one of them games I did and it really didnt matter because it had a really good story line. DX was really the fist FPS that I enjoyed very much. I would have to say that the plot was very deep and very detailed. DX 2 I just got done playing it and yes I cheated on that one to. I have to say that I never realized how hard the Knights Templares super soldier was. I empty about 5 clips for the pistol and the dam knight was still kicking. Ever notice how at the beginning of DX2 you couldnt find a multi tool to save you life but towards the end you could just find them everywhere.

RedFeather1975
2nd Feb 2008, 07:51
I cheat in some games when I want to mess around or try and mod the game.
I didn't know how to cheat in the DX games so I did them normally.
I had a really bad habit in DX2 of exploring everything to the point where I had used up every multi tool just to get to places I had already been to using other means.
"Ohhh, what's this computer do?" (uses multi tool)
"hmmm, it opened a door. Oh there's a vent in this room!" (uses multi tool)
"Crap, it's the same room I got the keycode for earlier."
:(
I was too lazy to reload my game.

I did cheat in looking up the flag and toilet flush ending in DX2. :lol:

gamer0004
2nd Feb 2008, 09:54
I have cheated so many times in DX... But only to find out what's the best thing to do in the no-item run or because I wanted to mess around.

AgentSmithereens
2nd Feb 2008, 10:55
Deus Ex probably has the best cheats out of any game I've ever played. In what other game can you summon a friendly, loyal, invincible fire-breathing greasel which will follow you around and kill your enemies, whilst playing in the Matrix mode?

jd10013
2nd Feb 2008, 13:08
Only game I've ever cheated at to get through was Doom 3. I just couldn't get through hell without cheating.

That being said, I've probably used cheats in every game I've played after I beat it many times. But just for the purpose of exploring the maps, getting a better look at level design and so on.

O.m.a.r
2nd Feb 2008, 16:19
I remember cheats in Dx 1, but not in IW.

Brambo
2nd Feb 2008, 16:41
Haha "Set deusex.jcdentonmale bcheatsenabled true" .......I shure cheated in DX1 BUT(!) AFTER I finished the game for let's say, ten/twelve times.:D

rhalibus
4th Feb 2008, 00:08
I used the cheat codes after I finished the game twice, for two reasons: I wanted to see if there were any other locations or events I'd missed, and I wanted to see how the whole level design was put together...So I pretty much only used "fly" and "ghost" modes, not any "god" or "unlimited ammo" settings...

I found out about the NSF rescue mission and the Smuggler's Den using this method...and five years after the game came out I came across an argument I never experienced before...Deus Ex is the gift that keeps on giving...:)

Draco1979
4th Feb 2008, 04:25
I remember cheats in Dx 1, but not in IW.

There was only a file edit cheat to give you god mode and ammo when I looked it up it said to edit the user.ini but all I had was a default.ini with the settings it mentioned to change

Draco1979
5th Feb 2008, 19:32
So what type of cheats do you want with DX3
I say God mode Fly and ghost are a must

tanonx
5th Feb 2008, 20:45
I never could get Matix Mode to work. I didn't cheat in my regular runthroughs, but spawning a ton of NSF with ARs all around the Statue and engaging in a long distance fight was fun. Oddly, they had a hard time shooting back it me, but it made up for it when they managed to get into the building. Eventualy I put unlimited ammo on.

Tyrant Worm
8th Feb 2008, 17:37
I find that cheats usually ruin a game for me. I'd rather play the game the way it was intended - it just seems more fun that way. Although I've always wanted to try the Matrix mode in DX1, just never could get it to work.

v.dog
8th Feb 2008, 21:19
I only cheated after I'd beaten it. It was fun to run around the early levels with full stats and waste those puny NSF minions with the Dragon's Tooth.

Tracer Tong
8th Feb 2008, 22:08
I only cheated after finishing DX1 once. 'legend', matrix mode and spawnmass really did the trick. Also, the usual unreal engine cheats were good (god-mode, ghost('you feel ethereal')-fly-walk, allammo and so on)

I remember having SUCH A HARD TIME cheating on DX:IW, with cheat menus that needed the mouse and obstructed the HUD... Ever heard of the console, Warren?

I REALLY hope cheating will be easy and will include funny and sarcastic quotes this time around. It really gives another dimension to the game and adds replayability to the game.

GundamXXX
18th Feb 2008, 08:25
I usually cheat when I finished a game or for things like infinite lockpicks (any game) because I cant be assed to look for em. But in DX1 was the first time I actually cheated because I couldnt go on sometimes O_O
In DX2 I didtn have to cheat... to easy -_-

Lo Bruto
18th Feb 2008, 20:23
I used the files codes to put DX1 in Third Person, but i was just looking for a new perspective... this is cheating? :scratch:

By the way... the game sucked that way...

mr_cyberpunk
19th Feb 2008, 01:48
Only time that I have ever used cheats was to test textures when working on HDTP and NV.

Anyone who used cheats to play the game sucks hardcore and should go play a generic FPS or something as Deus Ex is NOT a FPS, this is by far the only way anyone could not understand how to play DX1, because the game rewards Stealth over just running around fraging everything. Most likely you all that cheated used the DT up front trick. I can do that without cheats, its hell easy.

The game is funner without the cheats enabled.

Draco1979
25th Feb 2008, 04:43
Anyone who used cheats to play the game sucks hardcore and should go play a generic FPS

I dont see your point if a person want to cheat it does not make them suck. Some people cheat so they can move on and to further on the story plot.

Mindmute
26th Feb 2008, 14:55
I dont see your point if a person want to cheat it does not make them suck. Some people cheat so they can move on and to further on the story plot.

Exactly. I think cheating or not cheating doesn't mean you suck or not.
I don't cheat in games by a personal choice, because I just simply lvoe the challenge but I have known a LOT of people who cheated in DX just to advance in the storyline and find out what happens next.
Some games just tempt you like that.

mouse
1st Mar 2008, 18:02
I use cheats in everey game I play... just to push the limits, like mass-summoning stuff and let it explode :D

I usually do this on the second run through a game... or in the first run, if the game is boring.

Azrepheal
3rd Mar 2008, 22:48
I've used the cheats to do some funny stuff, but this...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvClV94Zl8

:eek: :eek: :eek:

IcarusIsLookingForYou
3rd Mar 2008, 23:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55vrh-ha7BY

This one is even better.

Azrepheal
3rd Mar 2008, 23:16
Lmao very nice :lol:

IceBallz
22nd Mar 2008, 07:05
Have never been cheating. I enjoy every hard point of a game, doing it in all different ways and until i have fixed it ones. I memorize the thing i have done to fix a hard point in game and maybe even use the stuff later on in game.

Cheats is not my way to do it.

Draco1979
27th Mar 2008, 23:14
Wow it has been months sense i came here and one of my post is on the front page .......... score 1 for me :nut:

Wgibbsw
28th Mar 2008, 00:14
I only cheat on games either after I finish them or if they're not particularly any good and I just want to get through it. I've never touched the cheats for either DX1 or 2 I think it's because it would break the illusion with them and disconnect me further from a couple of games that I hold in such high acclaim. Cheating is something I leave for games of lower quality and prestige :lol:

Romeo
28th Mar 2008, 06:39
I love cheating after I have beaten the game. GoldenEye was absolutely senseless once you unlocked all the cheats, but it added even more replay value (one of the few N64 games I still play).

SemiAnonymous
28th Mar 2008, 07:33
hell yeah, I cheat. However, by choice, I only ever cheat after beating the game 100%. At that point, I cheat for fun.

Dave W
28th Mar 2008, 23:59
Put cheats in. It makes it a lot more fun to mess about, this was lacking in IW. The best you could do was exploit the physics and jump outside the map (and plummet to your death most of the time) or reduce enemy damage to you. There's a nice menu of cheats somewhere (there's some file in the game directory that has all the structure of it), and there's screenshots showing the Unreal Engine console working. Should've left that in.

Romeo
29th Mar 2008, 02:34
Yeah, cheats are always fun, especially easter egg cheats and unlockable ones. That's what should be done, unlockable cheats that can be used on the second playthrough, and prevent achievements in the case of the 360, assuming Deus Ex 3 sees the 360.

Vasarto
2nd Apr 2008, 22:15
Only a noob gamer needs to use cheats in a Shooter game.
Cheats almost ruined dues ex 1 for me..So I stopped useing them.

NO CHEATS!

AgentSmithereens
10th Apr 2008, 09:12
Whoever says that cheats are crap and you should'nt use them are idiots. Fair enough, if it's your first playthrough, you shouldn't use them, but afterwards you're really missing out, as they add a different sort of dimension to playing. Plus they can be really useful. For example in DX once you use a charged pickup, like ballistic armor, there's no way of turning it off. However if you type:
set ballisticarmor boneuseonly true
you'll be able to turn it on and off at will.

Voltaire
17th Apr 2008, 14:19
I personally think that if devs choose to put cheats into a game, then they obviously want to cater for gamers who want to mix it up a bit with their gameplay. I personally wouldn't use cheats on my first playthrough of a game, but I think that it's worth checking out if it was the intention of the devs for people to exploit it :)

auric
18th Apr 2008, 02:53
Ok how many of you out there cheated in DX and DX2? There has only been a few games I have not cheated on. I would have to say DX was one of them games I did and it really didnt matter because it had a really good story line. DX was really the fist FPS that I enjoyed very much. I would have to say that the plot was very deep and very detailed. DX 2 I just got done playing it and yes I cheated on that one to. I have to say that I never realized how hard the Knights Templares super soldier was. I empty about 5 clips for the pistol and the dam knight was still kicking. Ever notice how at the beginning of DX2 you couldnt find a multi tool to save you life but towards the end you could just find them everywhere.
I only cheat after I'm done with the game first. That's if you don't count loading games as a cheat. :D

I cheat to explore the game more & try new ideas & tactics or explore the choices available in a game that have them.

For shooters or adventure games I always like to try out a super person.
Like in Deus Ex, I raise all the skills & sometimes the Augs too, to see what I can do with every skill available in the very first level. The same with any Jedi games, able to shoot people at the head fast without waiting for the accuracy to peak.

Or like Fallout (especially F. Tactics), I increase its skills & venture as a lone wolf, 1 vs dozens & try to sneak & back stab if possible.
I only bring some other people along to carry stuff.
:)

Gary_Savage
18th Apr 2008, 03:27
I probably used cheats just on one or two occasions, within my first 15 times through DX1. Now, I use the bugs (like when meeting Savage, at OceanLabs) to increase my skill points, and to use one lockpick/multitool per lock/pad/panel/camera.

For the uninitiated, if any, if you go into your inventory while using one of these tools, and stay there long enough, then the hack/lockpicking will be done in some time, without using any further resources from your inventory.

Larington
18th Apr 2008, 15:31
I don't quite see what the fuss is with using cheats in single player games, as in those situations its only the cheaters experience that is adversely affected instead of all the other players on the server in the case of a multiplayer game.

auric
18th Apr 2008, 15:33
I didn't realise there are people having a problem with it.
:D

Unstoppable
18th Apr 2008, 17:31
I don't cheat in games because then what's the point. Only maybe if I really like the game I will cheat to zoom around a level or have fun because I'm bored.

As for walk throughs, only if I'm really stuck or want to find a hidden item.

Deadelus
30th Apr 2008, 10:33
I cheat all the time. Both in DX1 and DX2. But the first time through, I leave the cheats off.

jcp28
30th Apr 2008, 22:29
Like a couple of other people, I left the cheats off in my first playthrough. DX was never one of those games where the enemies were pointlessly annoying and numerous. Even on Realistic, I found that the right strategy could generally get me through(even when my health was low, like right before I got to Lebedev's jet). But I have cheated in the suceeding times I've played it to get through it quicker. However, there have been other times when I haven't.

auric
30th Apr 2008, 22:31
Like a couple of other people, I left the cheats off in my first playthrough. DX was never one of those games where the enemies were pointlessly annoying and numerous. Even on Realistic, I found that the right strategy could generally get me through(even when my health was low, like right before I got to Lebedev's jet). But I have cheated in the suceeding times I've played it to get through it quicker. However, there have been other times when I haven't.

We should have fun and compete or something on how fast we can finish the game without cheating & under any conditions or something. :)

That'll be fun.

Tttt
3rd May 2008, 16:43
I never cheat, instead I exploit bugs :)

Dead-Eye
16th Jun 2008, 04:23
This Cheat needs to be in Deus Ex 3:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hyxEb3JEYIE

Tsumaru
16th Jun 2008, 05:02
I can't remember if I cheated on my first playthrough or not. I know I did cheat on later ones just for some extra fun and to eliminate the occasional boredom I suffer. I almost always cheat in a game if I can. Usually I try to stick to minor things, or just when I can't win a part I'll throw on godmode. I used to cheat damned near constantly in Oblivion by getting rid of encumbrance because it was so damn irritating. Compare that to a friend of mine who just maxxed out all his stats and skills, went to Testing Hall and got some of the big weapons, and then played the game. That, to me, isn't fun at all. Usually I try to play through a game properly without cheats though.

DLGenesis
16th Jun 2008, 06:55
This Cheat needs to be in Deus Ex 3:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hyxEb3JEYIE

that cheat is for a sadistic game and would certainly fail in deus ex

Draco1979
21st Jun 2008, 00:34
that cheat is for a sadistic game and would certainly fail in deus ex

mhmm I think it would not because it is cool but they would need to change the sound for it would get very annoying real fast .............

Tsumaru
21st Jun 2008, 01:42
Wait... so you actually think it would be a GOOD idea in DX3?

-_-'

TrickyVein
27th Aug 2008, 00:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioiOAdFJKYE

all this talk about cheats brings me back to this video...

for anyone who hasn't seen it.

It's brilliant - kudos to Egger3rd.

Freddo
27th Aug 2008, 00:46
I don't quite see what the fuss is with using cheats in single player games, as in those situations its only the cheaters experience that is adversely affected instead of all the other players on the server in the case of a multiplayer game.
Totally agree. If someone wants to cheat in a single player game, it's their choice and they aren't ruining it for other players so there's no problem really.

That said, I very rarely cheat. Been plenty of years since I cheated because the game was too hard. Could be Doom or something :p

I also cheated a lot in the Hitman games, by using slowmotion, but that's after I finished the games.

Jerion
27th Aug 2008, 01:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioiOAdFJKYE

all this talk about cheats brings me back to this video...

for anyone who hasn't seen it.

It's brilliant - kudos to Egger3rd.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

farmerbobconspiracist
27th Aug 2008, 04:03
I never really consider using cheats on my first playthrough. In fact, it didn't even enter my mind until I tried playing it on hard after one or two playthroughs.

I have to admit, I cheated all the time then. :D

DXeXodus
27th Aug 2008, 04:44
The only time I would use a cheat, as I have mentioned before, is to overcome a glitch, or to just have fun after my first serious playthrough.

ikenstein
28th Aug 2008, 17:35
i bet every1 downgrades the pistol at the start to get the extra points. does that count as a cheat?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Aug 2008, 22:05
I never really consider using cheats on my first playthrough. In fact, it didn't even enter my mind until I tried playing it on hard after one or two playthroughs.

I have to admit, I cheated all the time then. :D

Yeah, same as that.
Playing third or fourth time around, its nice to use some cheats like infinite lockpick or multitool - just so you can access everything, just for the fun of it. :D

DXeXodus
29th Aug 2008, 04:17
i bet every1 downgrades the pistol at the start to get the extra points. does that count as a cheat?

No. It's not a cheat. It's a character design choice. I did it too on a few of my playthroughs. It just gives you more points to spend on computers and other important skills.

Like swimming :p

K^2
29th Aug 2008, 04:51
So what type of cheats do you want with DX3
I say God mode Fly and ghost are a must
Spawn cheats as well. I've had as much fun with spawning various NPCs as I did with beating the game.

DXeXodus
29th Aug 2008, 05:13
Spawn cheats as well. I've had as much fun with spawning various NPCs as I did with beating the game.

I agree. It is also a handy cheat to have in case your game messes up and a vital NPC goes AWOL. I used a similar thing in Morrowind when one of my mission NPC's just disappeared. So I just spawned her.

But I am sure that DX3 will be so solid that we wont have to worry about this happening. :)

minus0ne
29th Aug 2008, 05:26
Like swimming :p
Only on my second playthrough did I find out swimming was actually a pretty damn useful skill at several points in the game :p Well, at least useful enough that one or two level-ups easily pays off.

drummindog
5th Sep 2008, 11:36
I enjoy seeing things I never would have seen via the FLY cheat. I think the cheats are fun and fine. If you choose to cheat on the first run through, you aren't hurting anyone other than yourself. Knowing that is a risk, choose appropriately.

Prometheus-1
15th Sep 2008, 06:39
I cheated the first time I played through Deus Ex... but it did not detract from the gameplay. I did it because I preferred playing on the realistic LOD rather than 'easy'. The game still took me a good weekend to finish.

I always played it on realistic mode, and on the second++ playthroughs I limited cheats to summoning lockpicks or similar (not health packs or bio), before just not using cheats at all.

You find alot of interesting workarounds for problems in the game when you play through the second+ time around, e.g. using crates to break laser triggers, and then sneaking past them for example.

CarloGervasi
15th Sep 2008, 07:31
I take advantage of the glitch in Deus Ex, where you can downgrade your pistol skill during character creation to get the extra points, and then start the game with pistol as "trained" anyways. But other than that, no real cheating. No codes or anything.

DXeXodus
15th Sep 2008, 07:36
Another glitch was at the end of the Sub base level where you get 500 skill points every time you talk to Gary savage. Think I exploited that on one of my playthroughs. :)

minus0ne
15th Sep 2008, 10:06
I take advantage of the glitch in Deus Ex, where you can downgrade your pistol skill during character creation to get the extra points, and then start the game with pistol as "trained" anyways. But other than that, no real cheating. No codes or anything.
I know for a fact the majority of DX players exploit this glitch, myself included :p

crimethinker
13th Mar 2009, 15:27
It would be great if they had a few funny things hidden behind the scenes, where they're only accessible when using cheats. Did you know that, in DX, the very first map where you could meet Max Chen (if you didn't summon him that is) was actually in the Wan Chai Market? Turn on 'fly' or 'ghost' and fly to the top of the cylindrical building, which I think is next to the temple. Then have your conversation! :nut:

On another thread, someone mentioned putting inside jokes into the game, jokes which refer to the other two games. This would be too geeky and contrived to be in the main game, but if you have to cheat to get to these inside jokes, it'd be fine. Let's say, in DX3, there's some obscure building in a city, and it has no entry point. If you use 'ghost' to get inside, it turns out that it's a vending machine factory, inside which Gunther Hermann's childhood nemesis runs the show, and he's busy sabotaging one of the machines to vend lemon-lime when the orange button is pressed. :)

gamer0004
13th Mar 2009, 17:13
It would be great if they had a few funny things hidden behind the scenes, where they're only accessible when using cheats. Did you know that, in DX, the very first map where you could meet Max Chen (if you didn't summon him that is) was actually in the Wan Chai Market? Turn on 'fly' or 'ghost' and fly to the top of the cylindrical building, which I think is next to the temple. Then have your conversation! :nut:

You can also grenade climb there... No cheating required :)

auric
13th Mar 2009, 23:52
I would like special places to go to in a map like in

Splinter Cell (Pt1) training mission.
Where we found the codes on 1 end of the map & if the player head back & climb up the right place, we'll find what the code opens.

PlasmaSnake101
14th Mar 2009, 00:56
Like cigarettes after sex, cheats are better used after you've beat the game. :) :o :D ;) :rasp: :cool: :rolleyes: :lol: :scratch: :nut: :mad2: :thumbsup: :eek: :lmao: :whistle: :( :p :thumb: :wave: :confused: :hmm:

GmanPro
14th Mar 2009, 01:43
I never even think to cheat anymore. I used to do it all the time, but now the thought doesn't even enter my head. Games are too easy these days anyway.

SemiAnonymous
14th Mar 2009, 03:44
Only after I beat the game, it adds great replay value. I enjoy setting god mode and doing a no stealth, no weapons run. Just mad dash everywhere, bullets flying.

auric
14th Mar 2009, 07:01
Only after I beat the game, it adds great replay value. I enjoy setting god mode and doing a no stealth, no weapons run. Just mad dash everywhere, bullets flying.

I believe I said before, I just like to play a game normally than restart & cheat by upgrading the character to the max to see his/her full potential.

Or make them a lone ranger when normally u can't survive without ur pals.

Like in Fallout Tactics, I max it up & go in gun blazing at every bugs, mutants & bots in real time mode.

nsf001
14th Mar 2009, 12:52
Only once, because I want to use DTS on Liberty Island.:o

Jerion
14th Mar 2009, 15:26
I never even think to cheat anymore. I used to do it all the time, but now the thought doesn't even enter my head. Games are too easy these days anyway.

I've always tended to avoid SP cheats until at least my third play through, if the game is good enough to warrant that many runs. Ditto on the easy bit- I don't think I can count any game in recent memory that's made me want to even consider it. Crysis might have reached that point, if it wasn't so easy to dominate the hardest AI with stealth mode. I sincerely hope DX3 presents a fresh challenge to me.

Necros
15th Mar 2009, 16:14
Cheats? Hell yeah! Why? Look below. ;)

http://i39.tinypic.com/213jk0o.jpg

I don't use cheats on my first playthrough either but later on I do sometimes. To skip some parts I don't really like faster or to check out fun stuff. Like the legend menu. :) Or Age of Empires fans, (RIP Ensemble :( - Die Micro$oft! :mad:) do you remember the purple hippos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwQ8F9TOUtc) for example? :lmao:

Draco1979
30th Apr 2009, 20:17
Nice to see that this tread still has some life to it. I think we need a DX 3 cheat that will let us get the game now :p

auric
30th Apr 2009, 22:11
Should have a cheat to enable after we win the game normally, to help us explore other possibilities.

Like select augs at the beginning to see how a super human face the same situation.

faster rate of healing rather than full heal & no godmode

noclipping is a must have to explore the map if we miss anything & other reasons as well

LatwPIAT
1st May 2009, 14:54
After playing through the game twice, I launched a third playthrough and wondered how it would be like to go fully armed, fully leveled and fully skilled into Liberty Island with qualms about killing. Cheats let me do that so...

I didn't actually know that leveling the Pistols skill all the way made pistols 100% accurate. Nice to know... Anyways, I discovered a new, cool way to kill someone. Fire at an NSF soldier with a gun once, and kill him by kicking him in the head (OK, so it's actually just falling onto him after jumping with Leg Augmentations.

It was fun playing through the game completelly overpowered. If I ever get another copy of the game, I might just do a 60 Billion MechMan run, where I'm the most badass agent in the world, and see how many times I actually manage to get into really big trouble. You don't actually have that much health at any point in the game, an no matter how powerful I am, I still can't carry that much. I imagine a few places will be genuinly difficult anyhow, such as running guns blazing into the Cathedral or facing off against Walton Simons, that Plasma-spamming bastard he is, or Bob Page and his endless supply of the game's resident Demonic Spiders.

splyez
5th May 2009, 07:30
im really ashamed of saying this, but i cheated the first time i played deus ex. however i found the game quite boring then so i restarted and found the game much more intresting =)

Jerion
5th May 2009, 07:53
im really ashamed of saying this, but i cheated the first time i played deus ex. however i found the game quite boring then so i restarted and found the game much more intresting =)

There's just no easy nice way to say this, but I just lost some respect for you as a DX fan.

splyez
5th May 2009, 10:13
yeah i know :S it was mostly like "YEAH GIMME ALL THE WEAPS AND ****" then i ran around killing stuff, then i restarted and played the game its meant to be played.

auric
5th May 2009, 11:30
When I cheat, I don't go gun blazing but still prefer to make a precision attack.

thanks to the full accuracy I can fire a pistol from the distance at the head like a movie hero.

And use the augs to do things normally couldn't, leap over walls, jump down from high ground, run through environmental damage & regenerate later. put ballistics & regeneration on & walk through the crossfire like an immortal.

Break doors/boxes/etc. with the sniper/dragontooth at full skill.

splyez
5th May 2009, 12:39
lawl :D nah thats not like me :D gogog guns are blazing ^^