PDA

View Full Version : Question

O.m.a.r
2nd Feb 2008, 03:10
I know this has nothing to do with Deus Ex 3, But is Deus ex on the console different on the pc. (and if so which is better) Sorry this has been bugging me for a while. :nut:

RedFeather1975
2nd Feb 2008, 03:19
The only things I noticed was the console had CG movies, and the levels on the console were cut up to due to memory limitations.

Edit:Just read that there were UI changes and auto aiming settings cuz consoles ain't got no mice.

/me makes a mouse face and scurries away

I also want to add that this shouldn't turn into a console vs. PC thread. :(
Everyone should know PCs are geared toward versatility and bleeding edge potential, while consoles are designed for a balance of consistent above average performance and gaming accessibility.
There is no right or wrong in what people choose to play games on.

Draco1979
2nd Feb 2008, 06:37
Everyone should know PCs are geared toward versatility and bleeding edge potential, while consoles are designed for a balance of consistent above average performance and gaming accessibility.

Hence why I dont own a console that has a life span of a few years and my pc can be around for longer just not as a gaming pc

RedFeather1975
2nd Feb 2008, 06:49
Now somebody who likes consoles is going to feel the need to point out a pro of consoles.

And so it begins...for like the millionth time. :(

Draco1979
2nd Feb 2008, 07:09
Well I am sure there is a lot of good Pros for the console like how little time it takes to start up and how easy it is to use. I am not sure how consoles games would play on a pc like the ones more geared for 1 on 1 fighting and sport games.

RedFeather1975
2nd Feb 2008, 07:48
I was worried there that you were trying to start a fight.
You seem very open-minded and I'm sorry I thought that. :thumbsup:

AgnosticJive
2nd Feb 2008, 09:46
Well I am sure there is a lot of good Pros for the console like how little time it takes to start up and how easy it is to use. I am not sure how consoles games would play on a pc like the ones more geared for 1 on 1 fighting and sport games.
They've done this before, take a game (much like Call of Duty 4) put it on PC and Console...and let the fanboys choose their sides, some people have grown to prefer FPS games with a controller over a mouse and vice versa. Developers have even gone so far as to start making RTS games for consoles with a surprising number of good reviews as far as control mechanics go.

The only issue that would arise with porting or co-developing a game for both PC and console is player immersion (such as the input of Login and Password information in the first Deus Ex) however load times, map sizes, draw distances, aiming issues, UI streamlining, and all that other happy crap have become irrelevant on current consoles which are more powerful than PCs when it comes to a dedicated gaming mache, i.e. 8-core cell processor with 6 dedicated to a game and 3-core intel processor with 2 dedicated to a game, not to mention relatively higher end graphics chipsets when compared to low and mid end current graphics cards (not to mention just about every next-gen game is designed to run at HD resolutions at 60 f.p.s. which can be quite a task to do on a PC running anything other than the latest and greatest hardware.)

Hell,if I could buy a computer that had a 8-core processor with motherboard, memory, power supply, case, hard drive, and graphics card with a blu-ray drive, HDMI out, several USB ports, and bluetooth for $500 I would do it in a heartbeat...but I'll be damned if I ever buy a PS3,lol.

O.m.a.r
2nd Feb 2008, 15:16
Thanks for the info Redfeather. :)

Draco1979
2nd Feb 2008, 20:48
[SIZE="1"]

The only issue that would arise with porting or co-developing a game for both PC and console is player immersion (such as the input of Login and Password information in the first Deus Ex)

Well the only issue I can see with that logic is the control has many buttons it can be dedicated to a small amounts of letters or numbers 0-9 maybe not a number high as nine but still a point that can be used for a console.

Zegano
2nd Feb 2008, 22:39
How about if on the consoles it worked the same as IW, where your given the password and then you automatically login when you get to the computer, and then on the PC keep the old control scheme. Or if you have to have the same control scheme on both, then you just use the controller to select the numbers, like in other console games where you create a profile name by selecting characters from a list. Computers could work by having a drop down menu of all the profiles you have the password for, but on the PC version that menu would also have an empty slot in which you can type in the user name and password. Then they could cater to, console gamers, casual PC gamers and hard-core DX classic gamers.

minus0ne
3rd Feb 2008, 01:23
That's a whole lot of text without answering Omar's question. The PS2 version had updated cutscenes (pre-rendered I think), but you can't beat the PC's controls and visuals.

edit: ah must've missed your post, redfeather.

RedFeather1975
3rd Feb 2008, 01:42
It's because I found the information OMAR was looking for. So after the 2nd post we decided to go all +1 crazy.

CrAzY! :nut:

BTW, +1

O.m.a.r
3rd Feb 2008, 03:44
:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

Draco1979
5th Feb 2008, 15:15
Ok I am going to piggy back this post and ask what they heck is MMO OMM HMIO or how ever they are spelled out:mad2: . I am not one for making up words or metaphors. I just out the CD in and play the game. So lets make this post in to a small FAQ so ever can one be on the same page when they read some of the words we type please :D :D :D :D :D

tanonx
5th Feb 2008, 17:26
Massively Multiplayer Online Game.
Oblivion Mod Manager.
How Meteorites Initiate Orbit.

jordan_a
5th Feb 2008, 19:11
DX1's PS2 version has a different music at times. Sometimes it can be even better than the original (UNATCO is awesome).

Draco1979
5th Feb 2008, 19:11
thanks for the info

gamer0004
5th Feb 2008, 19:23
DX1's PS2 version has a different music at times. Sometimes it can be even better than the original (UNATCO is awesome).

For the PS version they recorded all the music with a live orchestra.

AgentSmithereens
6th Feb 2008, 18:47
The differences I know of are:

- (slightly) better graphics in PS2
- different cutscenes in PS2
- different, simpler HUD in PS2
- different animations when you kill or stun someone in PS2
- small changes of architecture, e.g. more air ducts in Statue of Liberty, different areas in Brooklyn Bridge Station in PS2
- no codes/passwords
- slightly improved music in PS2
- modding/mods in PC
- multiplayer
- apparently, bad loading times/zones

To be honest, I'd love to play the PS2 version, but I don't actually have a PS2:(

Angel/0A
6th Feb 2008, 20:55
Yea, the models and animations in the PS2 version differ from the PC version. The stun animations and death animations, for example, can be seen in the trailer(s) I believe.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/946.html

jordan_a
6th Feb 2008, 21:18
- different cutscenes in PS2You can watch them on Youtube, they're horrible. :D

By the way Paul on IW looks worse than on the DX1's PS2 version!!!