PDA

View Full Version : Zephonim idea

Sluagh
12th Dec 2013, 14:17
This may have come up previously on other threads, but alongside some great ideas that people have had for the Z-vamps, such as running along ceiling and making web traps, wouldn't some kind of "spider senses" thing be cool? I know Zephonim at this stage are not really that spiderous, but if we think about what we know about Zephon already:

- He's a schemer and insidious personality. This is extrapolating somewhat, but I can imagine him taking over the Silent Cathedral slowly, perhaps by converting the humans and making them into worshippers, or infesting the hidden walls of the place before striking in the middle of the night.

- He turns the cathedral into his own body, so probably knew Raziel had entered it long before he arrived, sensing the vibrations like a spider feels for things tugging in its web.

Thus, if the Zephonim had a kind of "spider sense," perhaps manifesting as an ability to see their opponents whereabouts by vibration, that would be kind of cool. It could also accompany the idea of them putting traps in place, such as webbing (although perhaps less copiously than in SR 1) to impede or snare their opponents.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, and comments/suggestions/condemnations/benedictions welcome.

Tube_Reaver
12th Dec 2013, 15:15
Let's face it, Zephonim are clearly going to be TOO overpowered in this game
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/634/900/e06.gif
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/634/894/9dd.gif

:D :lol:

Ok serious time.
So your idea about the vibration ability is actually really interesting and I like it. Kind of like special vision modes you get in many games that let you see enemies through walls etc.
I think that is cool, but imo to balance it out, it would require you to place down 'webbing' so you can only get vision in a certain area/radius, or it would be as far as you yourself can see, as an activated ability, with medium cooldown, and short uptime.

Also they could use a Cocoon ability to snare/stun humans for a period of time?

The Zephonim practice of binding human prey

Sluagh
12th Dec 2013, 16:04
Ok serious time.
So your idea about the vibration ability is actually really interesting and I like it. Kind of like special vision modes you get in many games that let you see enemies through walls etc.
I think that is cool, but imo to balance it out, it would require you to place down 'webbing' so you can only get vision in a certain area/radius, or it would be as far as you yourself can see, as an activated ability, with medium cooldown, and short uptime.

Also they could use a Cocoon ability to snare/stun humans for a period of time?

Yes indeed I think both the "spider senses" ability would have to give limited sight, for a limited time, as well as time/limited snaring. The humans may be puny, but the Zephs are not making a proper web after all where the harder you pull, the more tangled you get.

"Zephonim, Zephonim, does whatever a Zephomin can.."

Vampmaster
12th Dec 2013, 16:21
I really like the idea of snagging an enemy from afar with webbing, although it shouldn't do any damage because that would turn it into a ranged weapon which only humans are supposed to have.

Tube_Reaver
12th Dec 2013, 19:45
I really like the idea of snagging an enemy from afar with webbing, although it shouldn't do any damage because that would turn it into a ranged weapon which only humans are supposed to have.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be from afar, it should be close range or melee, because then it would require some play and counter-play.

Human: Oh no if he gets near me I am stunned... then the rest of them will turn me into mince meat

Zephonim: Need to get up close and personal, and snare him.

In this case, if you let a Zeph near you, he will snare you, which is very dangerous, therefore some strategy would be to take down the Zeph, as they would be higher priority targets.

Vampmaster
12th Dec 2013, 20:36
In my opinion, it shouldn't be from afar, it should be close range or melee, because then it would require some play and counter-play.

Human: Oh no if he gets near me I am stunned... then the rest of them will turn me into mince meat

Zephonim: Need to get up close and personal, and snare him.

In this case, if you let a Zeph near you, he will snare you, which is very dangerous, therefore some strategy would be to take down the Zeph, as they would be higher priority targets.

Oh, I didn't mean snared in a cocoon and unable to move. I just meant a quick pull in your direction. There's no point in doing that to an enemy that's already right next to you.

Spectre370
12th Dec 2013, 21:35
Oh, I didn't mean snared in a cocoon and unable to move. I just meant a quick pull in your direction. There's no point in doing that to an enemy that's already right next to you.

Except to make sure the blood bag doesn't run away so you can enjoy some screaming with your dinner.

I love Zephon, ever since I saw his devolved form in SR1, he has been my favorite Lieutenant. Judging by the fact that we have seen the effects over time of what will happen to Zephon, we can easily assume that his interest in making his brood stronger is based on their mobility. So much like playing an Alien in Aliens vs Predator, you should be able to adhere to any surface available to you. This could result in some interesting situations.

The Zephonim were able to switch between Bipedal and Quadrapedal motion at will, suggesting that change to come later. This could mean that the Zephonim would naturally walk on two legs, but would obviously use all four for movement on other surfaces.

Zephon was known as cunning. Raziel calls him "cowardly" and tells him his form suits his soul. Generally, this should apply to his brood. They should be squishy, but they should be sneaky. For the sake of giving them something special to use, webbing would be a feature they would have in this time. Otherwise, they would most likely not have much to bring to combat that is unique to the Zephonim.

The webbing in SR1 is described as a "strange fleshy substance", which I could see becoming quite interesting with modern day graphics if this is kept to. Webbing could have many features. Vampires are psychic, we all know this, so on the idea of Spider Senses, they could master the specific vibration of their webs. They could lay down a one time trap that, when walked over, signals them of the web vibrations. This destroys the web, but gives the Zephonim information of enemy locations, which could be passed to other teammates. For the sake of a multiplayer game, turning on friendly fire would allow allies to walk through the webs, but they should be highlighted for allies to see. Zephonim could then report the disturbance, and a nearby ally could investigate if the zephonim is not close. It should have a medium cooldown, and be allowed to be placed a large amount but limited number of times. The Zephonim's specialty would be map coverage with this.

Now, if a Zephonim wanted to apply more web, they would have to have the target in a specific reach, and have to concentrate on doing so. These are not the Zephonim of SR1, and thus, they would not be able to just snatch and cocoon a victim in seconds. The webbing would be weak, but it would be useful. So here are some ideas to implicate the webbing.

Ceiling Noose: Zephonim can wait in patience on a ceiling for a human to come by. Upon such an opportunity, the Zephonim would grab the human, cocoon him lightly, and tie him to the Ceiling until the human either suffocates, frees himself, or is killed. Allies can free the human, and attacks against the cocoon breaks it faster. This would be great for humans who use buildings for safety from the Razielim. They would run, low on health from assaults, to basically heal up, then next thing they know, they are suddenly encased in web and losing health again. The easiest way to counter this is to check the ceilings before you enter a building. The process would take a few seconds, so it could be stopped by an enemy ally if they get there in time.

Enravel: Zephonim can create and then shoot a web at an enemy. They would charge this skill up, and could possibly store it up to a certain amount of times, then shoot it at enemies. Targetting could be important, and effect the enemy based on spot hit. A head shot would cause the enemy to lose vision, a body should could cause the enemy to lose accuracy, and a leg shot would slow the enemy from running. By this idea, you can miss if you are trying to slow the enemy, so having more stored would help. Also by this idea, if the max storage is 3, you could disable an enemy if you are accurate enough, making them easy prey for you to feast on.

This is generally all I have thus far, but obviously, more can be done. Zephonim should be great at stealth in their own right. They may not be able to turn invisible, but they should be able to use their mobility to hide in the shadows, waiting to strike and devour their prey.

Sluagh
12th Dec 2013, 23:58
I think that's some really interesting development on the "spider senses" idea Spectre370. The idea of using the web like that is very imaginative.

Vampmaster
13th Dec 2013, 00:38
These are not the Zephonim of SR1, and thus, they would not be able to just snatch and cocoon a victim in seconds.

But that's why I never suggested the cocoon part. Tube_Reaver was the one who assumed that's what I meant. Also, SE have said they want to avoid having players immobile for more than the briefest amount of time as it's no fun for the victim.

I realise that might not have been referring to what I said, but I just wanted to make sure.

ParadoxicalOmen
13th Dec 2013, 01:09
You guys have to remember that these abilities that you're suggesting make sense for the Devolved Zephonim.
I don't think the early stage Z-vamps had web powers yet...

Spectre370
13th Dec 2013, 01:57
But that's why I never suggested the cocoon part. Tube_Reaver was the one who assumed that's what I meant. Also, SE have said they want to avoid having players immobile for more than the briefest amount of time as it's no fun for the victim.

I realise that might not have been referring to what I said, but I just wanted to make sure.

I was not referring to you haha. And I understand that the players don't want to be immobile, but in the same respect, the Razielim can pull people off the ground and drop them, so a temporary snare that is entirely avoidable by checking ceilings or staying out of buildings is not too far out of the question.

You guys have to remember that these abilities that you're suggesting make sense for the Devolved Zephonim.
I don't think the early stage Z-vamps had web powers yet...

The main issue is, what features would they honestly have to make sense for them?. I understand they may not have had web powers yet, but it wouldn't entirely not make sense. I mean, Malchiah already has his skin decaying, Turel already has advanced psychic prowess, Raziel has wings, and so on. This is 400 or so years after the events of Raziel's execution, so they may have developed it by now in general.

Badmojoman
13th Dec 2013, 16:40
I like the spider sense idea, but I don't think having them run around spreading spiderweb everywhere would be that cool.

May I suggest an alternative?

Spider-sense ON - The Zephonim becomes immobilized, sees other players through walls and starts slowly regenerating health.
Spider-sense OFF - The Zephonim regains ability to move, but no longer sees other players through walls and no longer regenerates health.

This would offer a trade off, so people would need to use it during key moments. You could have a cool animation for them as they place their hand in the soil to "sense vibrations". We also need to keep in mind that the Zephonim are vampires not Spiderman, so we would need to be careful not to venture down too far that path.

This is something the Dev's of the Batman Arkham City at Remedy were struggling with for detective vision as players would play through the game using only detective vision and lose out on all the art, but there was practically no reason for them to ever come out of it.

diuqSehT
17th Dec 2013, 01:34
It would be balls if they could spin a web to block door-sized passageways. If there were lots of paths to choose from in a battleground that all led to roughly the same place but many were kind of narrow, spiders might set up shop in some of the passageways and close them off to traffic by laying down some webs until a flamethrower guy came along and cleared it out. Then once their last web was broken up the spider character would start building back its web spinning ability for another usage. (1 web can exist at a time per spider?) So, acting together in unison, a full team of spider players could........ probably break the game. But maybe also make thicker webs with new qualities to them. Oooh! What if Combined Webbing efforts in one spot from more than one player produced additional stickiness for longer slowdowns of humans passing through, or you could start to include more complex traps using "moving parts" (webs attached to interactive objects in the environment) to drop stuff on humans from above or have a catwalk collapse on someone when any weight is added to it. Maybe you could time the springing of your own trap by cutting the one string your spider butt was still attached to----then watch the house of cards (threads) fall down on someone. Maybe tall human structures aren't breachable until the spidervamps create a bridge of webwork across the chasm for other vamps to climb on. Cutting these cords could be an important castle protection tactic for humans under siege. (Nosgoth's equivalent of throwing down enemy seige ladders that have been raised against your castle walls).

Vampmaster
20th Dec 2013, 11:04
@diuqSehT The blocking passageways is already partly implemented. The humans can do the same sort of thing with firewalls, so it's just a matter of changing the effects.

Daniel Cabuco's post here http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=569&start=60 just gave me another idea. Maybe the Zephonim should be able to donate blood to their teammates. I can't decide whether it should be part of their health and usable any time (might unbalance things if they had extra) or just one of their ability that has to recharge.

LegacyOfKayn
26th Dec 2013, 12:41
There are several good ideeas in this topic...here's what i think:

Z-vamps indeead should have weebing sience the turelim and the razielim already devolved to the point they have their phisical strenght and wings.

I saw in in one of the lore stories (Tyrants – Disputed Heirs to the Throne ; etc.) that the Z-vamps in order to evolve faster than the other clans,they do self-mutilation rituals to enchanse their abilities.So they could have their phisical aspect more like spider-twisted thing (u get the point) and their abilities should be adapted to their skin variants (faster,stronger webbing,more melle dmg etc).

They should ideed be climbing walls and ceilings,and the navigation system in the climbing mode should be something like that from alien vs predator (the alien faction).

Badmojoman

I like the spider sense idea, but I don't think having them run around spreading spiderweb everywhere would be that cool.

May I suggest an alternative?

Spider-sense ON - The Zephonim becomes immobilized, sees other players through walls and starts slowly regenerating health.
Spider-sense OFF - The Zephonim regains ability to move, but no longer sees other players through walls and no longer regenerates health.

That is a VERY good ideea.

They should have 5 web shoots that could be used to imobilise enemy (feet,head,and body shoots just like some1 posted a cupple of posts back),to block dors,or to hang objects to the ceiling and drop them later on.After using 1 of thoese 5 shots the cooldown starts and the cd should be like 2-3 mins (ofc that's for the staff 2 decide).When all the shots are used u should go to melle fighting mode,or spider sense + regeneration (like Badmojoman said) but the melle mode should be alot weaker than the rest of the vampires.

The ceilings should be dark,so that they can camouflage with them but at the same time the humans should be able to detect them (not to easily tough).

Please excuse the gramatical mistakes,i'm not very good at english:(

ZeroFernir
3rd Jan 2014, 01:41
OK, spider sense? We had already LOTS of great ideas for Zephonim in other topics, since I think Zephon was the coolest out of the three already inside the game, so people think a lot about Zephonim... What about Mechiah? It's harder to find things for the Melchiahim...

LegacyOfKayn
3rd Jan 2014, 12:10
Can u put a link with thoese other topics here pls so i can see them 2?

And about the spider sense...ur missing the point.

Vampmaster
3rd Jan 2014, 13:10
OK, spider sense? We had already LOTS of great ideas for Zephonim in other topics, since I think Zephon was the coolest out of the three already inside the game, so people think a lot about Zephonim... What about Mechiah? It's harder to find things for the Melchiahim...

There's lots of ideas for the Melchiahim here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8399

Monkeythumbz
7th Jan 2014, 16:07
Bear in mind that the effects Nupraptor's curse was primarily influenced by each Lieutenant's psyche - it's those more psychological aspects of Zephon and his Clan that we'd be looking to explore with the Zephonim.

Y'know, *if* we were gonna introduce them as a faction. Just sayin'.

Vampmaster
7th Jan 2014, 20:40
If that's the case, the spider sense idea would fit very well with what Zephon said about there being little difference between will, instinct and reflex action. Maybe the Zephonim could see things like how much health enemies have left and when their charge moves are ready as part of their instincts. I'm not sure how reflex action would fit in. Perhaps it could be some sort of evade and counter.

Still, every class needs to have a couple of flashier abilities for the charge moves.

Vrykolakas
8th Jan 2014, 00:16
Bear in mind that the effects Nupraptor's curse was primarily influenced by each Lieutenant's psyche - it's those more psychological aspects of Zephon and his Clan that we'd be looking to explore with the Zephonim.

Y'know, *if* we were gonna introduce them as a faction. Just sayin'.

personally, I wouldn't say that the Zephonim clan would be any good as front line fighters or fighters at all. From what Raziel describes of Zephon, he sounds like a cowardly opportunist, only willing to make a move when there is no danger. As with spiders they don't tend to seek out prey directly and attack them, but instead make traps and ambush them. This also makes them dangerously smart as it leaves them less chance to be put in the way of danger themselves.

If the Zephoni are added to the game, they would be best as trap experts or something, since spiders are one of the best trap experts in the world. I did think that they might be good as assassins of sorts with stealth but I think that's already been given to the Dumahim clan. Or, they could have the ability to be undetected whilst in shadows, giving them great ambush capabilities like a spider?

Badmojoman
8th Jan 2014, 02:04
Traps as such are definitely a cool idea, but we need to keep in mind that it needs to have counter play. Nobody likes stepping on a mine and instantly getting killed.

The Zephon's clan is devious and opportunistic. So they need to have a bit of that "Cheap shot" feel. Here is an idea:

Poison Sack: Lays down a poisonous egg thing. If an enemy gets too close then the egg sack explodes and covers an area temporarily with a poisonous venom. Standing on the venom slows you drastically and deals damage over time.

Additionally anyone who passes over this venom becomes infected with pheromones. This causes them to be revealed to the source Zephonim for an extended period of time. He can see the infected though walls and stuff giving him an advantage.

The egg sack can only be detected from close proximity. If you detect the egg, then the Zephonim will also get an alert.

The Zephonim will cover an extended area in eggs and as a spider sensing movement within the web, so do the Zephonim have control over their territory.

Vrykolakas
8th Jan 2014, 02:58
I like the idea of the poison sack, wouldn't mind seeing it in the game.

Another possible idea is having the zephonim secrete a sticky substance on the floor to stop the enemy from moving for a set amount of time. The enemy can still defend her/himself but won't be able to move from that spot. This will make the human an open target and easy pickings for a zephon.

The secreted fluid works on both humans and vampires, but only vampires have the ability to detect it. So any allied vampire player who doesn't watch where he's going can also fall into this trap.

Vampmaster
8th Jan 2014, 07:25
If they have no melee attacks at all (and vampires don't have ranged either), the player would be relying entirely on blind luck for enemies to set off a trap. I imagine that could get very frustrating and actually put people off playing as that class. While traps are appropriate for the zephonim, they shouldn't be the only option available.

Monkeythumbz
8th Jan 2014, 13:10
If you combine the following statement from Daniel Cabuco (http://www.dcabdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3925&sid=2a44451e0917c0568c2760915c33607f#p3925)...

Zephon was scheming and suspicious, always sending spies out and seeking information to exploit a weakness. He preferred the art of the ambush, attacking indirectly.

...with this quote from the blog (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/alchemists-arcane-cultists-with-a-thirst-for-revenge):

The Zephonim in particular, eager to compete in raw power with the elder Clans, attempted to artificially shape and force their metamorphoses through ritual self-torture, alchemical engineering and twisted breeding programs.

...and you should have a vague idea of what we have in mind.

Badmojoman
9th Jan 2014, 02:49
Do you guys have a plan to have wall scaling or climbing associated with their kit in any way/shape/form? Or are you planning to push that evolutionary part into the future for them altogether?

Monkeythumbz
9th Jan 2014, 12:27
Do you guys have a plan to have wall scaling or climbing associated with their kit in any way/shape/form? Or are you planning to push that evolutionary part into the future for them altogether?

Wait and see. We think you'll like where we're taking them.

Y'know, *if* we were gonna take them anywhere. Just sayin'.

:whistle:

Vampmaster
9th Jan 2014, 12:43

So you admit they're being planned/worked on, then?

Monkeythumbz
9th Jan 2014, 12:58
So you admit they're being planned/worked on, then?

I admit NOTHING! ;)

Badmojoman
10th Jan 2014, 02:58
Can you talk about the dev team tho? For example how big is the development team? I am particularly interested in the art team.

Do you guys test with placeholder models first to see if a mechanic works first and then move on to art or do you develop both simultaneously?

You obviously cannot talk about unreleased things. Would you be able to bring examples on things that have we have already seen in the trailer like tell how the Razielim were developed for example?

Where did you guys draw inspiration from? Apart from *cough-cough* this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VxZGC3sq04

What about the human characters? Are there any pitfalls you are hoping to avoid when designing the characters?

ParadoxicalOmen
10th Jan 2014, 19:33

Y'know, *if* we were gonna take them anywhere. Just sayin'.

:whistle:

"if"...suuuure :D

I just hope you guys are planning something for the Rahabim and Melchaim also :)

Monkeythumbz
10th Jan 2014, 20:08
Can you talk about the dev team tho? For example how big is the development team? I am particularly interested in the art team.

Do you guys test with placeholder models first to see if a mechanic works first and then move on to art or do you develop both simultaneously?

You obviously cannot talk about unreleased things. Would you be able to bring examples on things that have we have already seen in the trailer like tell how the Razielim were developed for example?

Where did you guys draw inspiration from? Apart from *cough-cough* this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VxZGC3sq04

What about the human characters? Are there any pitfalls you are hoping to avoid when designing the characters?

These are all great questions and we do plan an answering all of them in due course, but we're not ready to just yet.

Kiteshield
17th Jan 2014, 22:14
What if, Instead of webbing trap, the Zephonim (im going to call their hypothetical class "Stalker" which according to thesaurus.com, is synonymous with trapper, and hunter). Going by what i know and have seen of Zephon, he is a plotter. So his progeny on the battlefield would reflect that concept, but in a lesser way. We all know they eventually become spiders. So whereas the reaver ambushes and mutilates, the stalker would hide and wait.

These are the abilities i've thought up imaging:

Ensnare: The Stalker selects two points: a trap end, and a reciever end. An unsuspecting human walks over the trap end, and is pulled to the reciever end. This would allow the web strangulation if the stalker chose the ceiling as a reciever, while if it was a better idea to pull the enemy somewhere else in certain situations this would allow that as well. Remembering the webs from SR1, which were a fleshy substance. I think that during the Zephonims self mutilation rituals and other consecutive ugliness that went on with that clan that they would start using their own flesh for tricks and traps.

Blood Mark: The Stalker throws a canister of treated blood, marking enemies through walls (and maybe debuffing them? such as some form of attack or movement debuff.). The blood would be sweetened i think. Something that would make the vampires senses recognize something is there more easily. This mark would only allow other vampires to see that something is there, maybe a ping or some other mark, not letting them know the exact silhouette. That would help balance the ability over to the human side making the vampires only prepared for an enemy, not a watcher, or alchemist.

Revitalize: The Stalker stabs himself (wherever the devs feel like he should) and drinks the juices, taking away some health but shortening the cooldowns on his abilities. This one though would have a pretty long cooldown, considering it takes away health and resets other abilities. This is going back to the treated blood from the blood mark ability. The Zephonim could have tried to increase their prowess by introducing specially treated blood into their systems.

Taste: The Stalker grabs an enemy from behind, biting their shoulder and stabbing at them with dagger, throwing them to the ground to allow him time to escape. This attack bleeds the afflicted human, draining his health little by little for a while, and due to his contact with the Zephonim treated blood, it marks them like Blood Mark would, but for a longer amount, taking into account you would have to get behind them.

Outcast031
23rd Jan 2014, 09:48
I like the idea. Not just because it plays on the spider theme but it also kinda goes along with what little we got to see of the lieutenants motivations in Soul Reaver. We know that Turel had Telekinesis which is powerful and it makes sense since he was second born after Raziel. His brood wandered as loners because Turel had disappeared and was no longer leading them. Plus Dumah who was third Born. Likely forced Turel's clan to run since they were no longer organized and we know Dumah liked to compete with Turel for power. (Although the whole constriction snake theme for dumah obviously never went very far in the series....)

But then we had Malchiah whose guys could burrow under ground. that seems like an obvious theme. Even if Malchiah's transformation was not very clear( what the heck was he turning into..I mean really?) and based on what he said in Soul Reaver it seems he hid himself in the underground dungeon for so long to hide his hideousness he didn't realize he wasn't the only vamp that got freaky looking.

Rahab's guys spit stuff at people. there kind of like aqua man... which means unless theres a water based level ...who really wants to read the comic? But I will say that Rahab played it cool when Raziel showed up in the game. He was like "Hey bro.. so you saw my pirate ship right? Pretty cool huh?" But seriously Rahab likely has one of the cooler social back stories considering his clan is the only one immune to water and the dreaded rain:O But he also was in desperate need of the smoke stacks.

Lastly we had Zephon who went and pulled his entire clan into the cathedral. No wanderers like dumah or turel. Rahabs guys had no choice really. they like there water. and malchiah's clan they wandered a little outside of melchiahs dungeon ,hole..ect?. but Zephon pulled all his clan into the cathedral and it felt like one giant dark trap just waiting to get sprung. I feel like a Zephon class vampire would be good at setting up shop in certain portions of the map. A mostly trap based character that is deadly once someone steps into his chosen area of control. (within reason) Zephon seemed all about having his spider den.

Vampmaster
23rd Jan 2014, 10:38
What if the Zephonim could sabotage the human recovery zones? They could either temporarily disable them or put a scent tracer on the next player who tried to use them.

mappalazarou
23rd Jan 2014, 20:33
I would love to see some form of the Zephonim appear in Nosgoth at some stage. The thing about this idea which really excites me is when you said that Zephon's campaign to take the Silence Cathedral was a slow one. What if the Silence Cathedral, or at least the holy grounds surrounding it, were a playable map in Nosgoth?

The landscape would be vastly different from the one seen in Soul Reaver, as it won't deteriorate fully for another few centuries. Maybe the humans attempt to take the Cathedral back? Even though, as followers of the Legacy mythos already, we know that they ultimately fail!

That said, I've always felt that the reason the devs of this game have chosen to use maps of places which were only ever referred to in the previous games was because - the further into the center of Nosgoth you got (i.e. the Pillars/Sanctuary of the Clans) - the more corrupted the landscape becomes (which is why everything is barren in Soul Reaver). Kind of like reaching ground zero of a nuclear blast. The ruin of the Pillars was what led to this apocalyptic world after all. Whereas the maps featured in Nosgoth (at least currently) are still full of colour and life, to an extent, as they are further away from the 'fallout' as it were.

Also, on that subject, I'd just like to say that - although at first I thought it may have had a negative effect on the franchise - Nosgoth, as a game, really has served to add a new profound layer to the series, making me look at things a little differently :)

Good work!

ZeroFernir
24th Jan 2014, 00:52
Zephon's is my favourite clan. I would definately love to see them in the game. And since they are the stealth ones (or at least they look like), I think that they would feel pretty much like NINJAAAAS =P That would be soooo cool!