PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider on Gamestop.com

naraku
31st Jan 2008, 08:09
Yes I finally saw TRU on the Gamestop.com it pre-orders ships 11/08 is that accurate?

GoranAgar
31st Jan 2008, 08:11
Yes I finally saw TRU on the Gamestop.com it pre-orders ships 11/08 is that accurate?
Nope, not accurate at all. Just a guess on their part.

naraku
1st Feb 2008, 05:10
Is anything accurate these days?

rabid metro
1st Feb 2008, 06:43

well even "official announcements" can be mostly wishful thinking.
i think it is wise too assume that not everything that you see is as nice as it seems ...
... and it doesn't hurt to dig around.
:cool:

MercuryRapids
1st Feb 2008, 08:46
Christmas 2008 according to the official site.

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2008, 09:05
It is very accurate to say that they are guessing. ;)

rsdigi
1st Feb 2008, 20:05
November 08 would be great. (damn I rhyme)
Remember back in the day when from TR1 on we got a new TR every Nov. ?
(is it just me or are the avy sizes here the worst i've ever seen on a forum?...sorry)

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2008, 20:31
(is it just me or are the avy sizes here the worst i've ever seen on a forum?...sorry)
No, it is not just you. You will find one more member who agrees. Us others are fine with it. :rolleyes:

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 20:32
November 08 would be great. (damn I rhyme)
Remember back in the day when from TR1 on we got a new TR every Nov. ?

Hhahahahhahahahahhahaha , They are small yes but NOT the worst...But i'm in favour of them they're so cute I could hug them :p :D
Anyway on topic it's said to be late this year.... but then again we cant hold our breath;)

naraku
2nd Feb 2008, 07:27
So is it a reasonable assumption that they're gonna push the release date till Jan, then Feb, then March, then April skip a summer and release it Nov of 2009?

rabid metro
3rd Feb 2008, 03:25
So is it a reasonable assumption that they're gonna push the release date till Jan, then Feb, then March, then April skip a summer and release it Nov of 2009?

well, no and yes ...
it is unreasonable to make assumptions at this time.
more news needs to be released before we should travel down that road.
to be honest, TRU does have a shot at a late 2008 release,
but this is merely one of many possibilities at this time.
:cool:

NightRain'06
6th Feb 2008, 07:48
In the past, personally, most of the time EB Games (now known as GameStop) was accurate of release dates when checking online. Even if the games were months away.

Now, however, I doubt these upcoming release dates since there were delays in many of the games in the past year or two. I'm not even sure if MGS4 will be released early Spring of this year according to GameStop.
I seriously hope TRU won't be delayed though.

The other side is I don't want a game that's been rushed and plays like the issues weren't completely resolved.
Example: Assassin's Creed. Enough said.

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 16:09
In the past, personally, most of the time EB Games (now known as GameStop) was accurate of release dates when checking online. Even if the games were months away.

Now, however, I doubt these upcoming release dates since there were delays in many of the games in the past year or two. I'm not even sure if MGS4 will be released early Spring of this year according to GameStop.
I seriously hope TRU won't be delayed though.

The other side is I don't want a game that's been rushed and plays like the issues weren't completely resolved.
Example: Assassin's Creed. Enough said.

Being delayed can be a good sign as you see they are working on it to make it the best it can be. But I don't want it to be like Assassin's Creed, Please don't rush but don't delay to much either. :D

darklightdan
7th Feb 2008, 13:16
i was excited to hear bout underworld, but i wish they wouldnt have said anything about it til like july or something. its too long to wait for xmas 08

NightRain'06
18th Feb 2008, 04:19
Again, personally, the rest of the time a game would be released one week the latest from what was written on the site as the release month closed in. Basically, expect some release dates to possibly change as the initial date could be only an estimation.

Another reason might be partially (could be wrong) or it is the influence of people's feedbacks to a game so the developers would try to please every angle as best they could for them for the next game. In the past, the teams would maybe listen to a bit of the feedback and make those small improvements but mostly do what they conceived in their minds and that was it. The games were not delayed. Over the years delays are inevitable because we're influencing them heavily and ultimately because of the new technology used in creation of games, they have to invest more money for that, and more people/teams, etc, hence, more time is needed to have games fully made.

naraku
12th Mar 2008, 07:01
Well, seeing as how fast they developed Anniversary right after Legend. CD might actually make the deadline. I had just finished completing Legend when BAM Anniversary was days from release. I barely had time to save my pennies:lol: Kidding. Here to hoping they come through this time.

"saves pennies, and collects soda cans"

NightRain'06
12th Mar 2008, 21:57
Nope, not accurate at all. Just a guess on their part.

You're right. Last time I checked on release date for MGS4 which was in November, it was estimated for April, now it's pushed back to sometime June.

Anyway.. I know we all know this by now but still, even though the news article (2-29-08) is old we have CONFIRMATION. Then again, it's still very early and they could delay, but hopefully, they WON'T.
Please don't delay !! :)

Underworld Set for Christmas Debut (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3410.html)

I don't think it means it'll be released Christmas Day. Maybe during the week before in preparation for the holiday season ? :scratch:
Again, time will tell.

Mangar The Dark
13th Mar 2008, 13:53
Well, seeing as how fast they developed Anniversary right after Legend. CD might actually make the deadline.

The situation is a bit different though. TRA used pretty much the same game engine as Legend. Yes, there were a few tweaks here and there, but essentially, it was the same thing. It sounds like TRU will be quite different. Even just the animations (motion capturing an olympic gymnast) will take more time, and certain gameplay elements, such as being able to use the environment however you want, sound as if they will take a lot more time to fully develop.

Also, with TRA, the story was already done before they even started. They knew exactly what levels had to be in it. Of course, they needed a bit of time to rework those levels, but it wasn't the same as starting a project completely from scratch and having to brainstorm new plot ideas, levels, etc.

I'm expecting a Spring 2009 release. If it comes sooner, great. But at least by expecting Spring 2009, I won't be disappointed when the delay is announced in Fall 2008.

Jezyk
13th Mar 2008, 15:47
Yeah but on the other hand, works on TRU are heavily developed, it was planned on June/July, wasn't it? They've changed the release date because of PS2 convertion and for economic reasons. I believe we'll have TRU right before this Christmas.

naraku
13th Mar 2008, 22:29
The situation is a bit different though. TRA used pretty much the same game engine as Legend. Yes, there were a few tweaks here and there, but essentially, it was the same thing. It sounds like TRU will be quite different. Even just the animations (motion capturing an olympic gymnast) will take more time, and certain gameplay elements, such as being able to use the environment however you want, sound as if they will take a lot more time to fully develop.

Also, with TRA, the story was already done before they even started. They knew exactly what levels had to be in it. Of course, they needed a bit of time to rework those levels, but it wasn't the same as starting a project completely from scratch and having to brainstorm new plot ideas, levels, etc.

I'm expecting a Spring 2009 release. If it comes sooner, great. But at least by expecting Spring 2009, I won't be disappointed when the delay is announced in Fall 2008.
You're right TRU will be different from Legend and TRA but that's not to say they might not cut a few corners. Also I don't think they'll start from scratch seeing as Legend was really half a game and TRU the other half. Going into TRU development someone definitely had a plot, ideas, levels, etc. in mind. I still think and hope CD will and could make that Christmas 2008 deadline.;)

Larapink
13th Mar 2008, 22:45
No it's not accurate, we all know that Tomb Raider games get released in the UK first then they are shipped to everywhere else in the world. This is becuase Eidos is based in the UK and the story is about a British video game character. I won't believe this pre-order date untill you can pre order from Game.co.uk.