PDA

View Full Version : My review on Demo (great game but)

ltolman
31st Jan 2008, 04:58
I beta several games, well mostly online (lol) but anyways.

Here is a small snippet of what I think of the game.

Loading Screen/Menu Options
-Excellent Background, with guns and ammo this menu board really shines. The audio on this is excellent too

Menu Options-Part Two
-I spent a good 3-5minutes changing the controls, apparently theres a lot to this game; one thing I didnt see was "Walk" or "Jump". I couldnt use a mousewheel to cycle thru my weapons :(

Gameplay (Demo)
-The Sniper rifle or rather the scope proved to be quite useful, thank you on that. Since I said there was no jump that kinda sucked but no biggie after seeing what I can do for the other teammate it reminded me of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter though instead of controlling 4 guys I am only controlling 1.

-I loved how we restock on ammunition; very very well made. What I also even found was that after restocking I shoot a couple bullets then restock it took less time to restock; which means the supply crate knew how much was missing. Prior to this when I ordered my teammate to log on to the laptop while I took cover; probably would be better if there were enemies coming thru the doorway.

-After planting the C4 and we had to switch to night vision, again very well done as the enemies said "shh I hear something" though it was dark and they never knew what hit them hehe

My improvement list

1-Ability to Walk or Run, have a button that switches

2-Improve the Audio; at the last part of the demo when the Heliocopter was falling down, the audio wasnt true High Def (but then again this was the demo I guess) so as long as the real game takes the full effect of 5.1 is fine by me lol

3-No restrictions on where or how to plant any mines or C4; logic would tell us when we restock on supply that we may only aquire 2 C4s and we need to plant 1; that we have 1 more to use wherever. Also with mines, it would be nice that we can plan the mine whereever and not be restricted.

4-Jump??? I'm not that worried since GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter) didnt have it.

5-Cycle Weapons thru the mousewheel

Thats all I can think of this moment, I only played the demo once.

Seems pretty cool but would I buy it as it stands? Nah I'll wait til it lowers in price, 39.99 or 29.99 maybe; would I buy it after you push the release date back to make the enhancements then re-release another demo; sure lol I'll pay 49.99 or 59.99

Take a look at TimeShift; a demo was released then like 18months later another demo was released which was a whole lot better than the original.

Well thanks for hearing my review

I might re play the demo in a couple days and see if I can mention more.

Adam2096
1st Mar 2008, 20:08
i agree with you mate.

mikethemonk
11th Jul 2008, 06:54
I beta several games, well mostly online (lol) but anyways.

Here is a small snippet of what I think of the game.

Loading Screen/Menu Options
-Excellent Background, with guns and ammo this menu board really shines. The audio on this is excellent too

Menu Options-Part Two
-I spent a good 3-5minutes changing the controls, apparently theres a lot to this game; one thing I didnt see was "Walk" or "Jump". I couldnt use a mousewheel to cycle thru my weapons :(

Gameplay (Demo)
-The Sniper rifle or rather the scope proved to be quite useful, thank you on that. Since I said there was no jump that kinda sucked but no biggie after seeing what I can do for the other teammate it reminded me of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter though instead of controlling 4 guys I am only controlling 1.

-I loved how we restock on ammunition; very very well made. What I also even found was that after restocking I shoot a couple bullets then restock it took less time to restock; which means the supply crate knew how much was missing. Prior to this when I ordered my teammate to log on to the laptop while I took cover; probably would be better if there were enemies coming thru the doorway.

-After planting the C4 and we had to switch to night vision, again very well done as the enemies said "shh I hear something" though it was dark and they never knew what hit them hehe

My improvement list

1-Ability to Walk or Run, have a button that switches

2-Improve the Audio; at the last part of the demo when the Heliocopter was falling down, the audio wasnt true High Def (but then again this was the demo I guess) so as long as the real game takes the full effect of 5.1 is fine by me lol

3-No restrictions on where or how to plant any mines or C4; logic would tell us when we restock on supply that we may only aquire 2 C4s and we need to plant 1; that we have 1 more to use wherever. Also with mines, it would be nice that we can plan the mine whereever and not be restricted.

4-Jump??? I'm not that worried since GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter) didnt have it.

5-Cycle Weapons thru the mousewheel

Thats all I can think of this moment, I only played the demo once.

Seems pretty cool but would I buy it as it stands? Nah I'll wait til it lowers in price, 39.99 or 29.99 maybe; would I buy it after you push the release date back to make the enhancements then re-release another demo; sure lol I'll pay 49.99 or 59.99

Take a look at TimeShift; a demo was released then like 18months later another demo was released which was a whole lot better than the original.

Well thanks for hearing my review

I might re play the demo in a couple days and see if I can mention more.How did you solve the no jump button? When I try to use the space to climb, it just zooms the tele sight. I cannot get past the first wall in the monastry!!!!