PDA

View Full Version : Who wants monthly screen shots while we wait?

Unstoppable
30th Jan 2008, 08:18
Hey guys I know it's early in development and all but I think we should request a monthly screen shot from Eidos Montreal. It would at least give us something to talk about and help pass the time. Who's with me? Eidos if you're out there please throw us a bone! :D

Xcom
30th Jan 2008, 11:34
I believe the will be more teasers, but actual game info will not appear until summer. I think it was mentioned in one of the interviews.

Red
30th Jan 2008, 11:40
Unstoppable: Are you crazy? That would build the suspension so much that someone would be bound to get a nervous breakdown from waiting for the game... :D

jordan_a
30th Jan 2008, 16:58
I don't want any teaser or screenshot... Just artworks and interviews.

minus0ne
30th Jan 2008, 17:01
Not me. I'm content waiting for a while till we get some more info/artwork. I'd rather not see ANY screenshots before I play the game, but that'll probably be very hard in the months before release.

Kill Switch
30th Jan 2008, 20:49
Not me. I'm content waiting for a while till we get some more info/artwork. I'd rather not see ANY screenshots before I play the game, but that'll probably be very hard in the months before release.

I found that if you let someone tie you up, lock you in a room, and destroy the key that its a lot easier to resist looking.

But besides that, Id be happy with just 1 little peace of artwork..
Please Eidos?

jd10013
30th Jan 2008, 21:52
concept art, screen shots, I'd take either.

mr_cyberpunk
31st Jan 2008, 02:43
I don't want crappy teasers, these are just stupid hype devices that don't work, because I mean they ultimately loose their effectiveness WAY before the purchase is even made.

I demand a tech demo walkthrough! thats where you should be Eidos, no more of this teaser bull**** please.

Screenshots would be nice, but remember that Ion storm released a few and the games they made were NOTHING like the first screenshots.. (eg. DX1 the alpha screenshots look nothing like what we got, same with IWar)

I would rather a tech demo, then trailer then another trailer after that and then eventually a demo version, with some screenshots throughout the gaps (this way the interest is constant, it avoids hype and results in a stronger more loyal fanbase.. which == $$$$)

Gary_Savage
31st Jan 2008, 02:50
I don't want crappy teasers, these are just stupid hype devices that don't work, because I mean they ultimately loose their effectiveness WAY before the purchase is even made.

I'm not a big fan of teasers, either. At the moment I am not even sure if the released teaser shows a baby that will play a role in the game (in which DX3 will happen after DX, if not DX:IW), or if it shows a technology that will be enabled by the end of the game (in which case DX3 might be a prequel to DX).

RedFeather1975
31st Jan 2008, 03:08
It would be cool if they just released some Mipmaps.
Such as textures/underground_bunker/tex28a
I'm sure that would be a cool one.

Unstoppable
31st Jan 2008, 17:44
Well not till summer that's not too bad. Looking forward to the summer for more info :D.

AaronJ
31st Jan 2008, 18:27
I agree. But not so much screenshots as updates. Trailers, anything but interviews, I'm tired of them already.

gamer0004
31st Jan 2008, 20:50
I want
-more interviews (can't get enough :P)
-teasers (really liked the dx3 teaser)
I do not want:
-trailers. Trailers don't give you the right impression and are mostly all about action.

Tracer Tong
31st Jan 2008, 20:50
I'd personally like what they did with the teaser: Short, concise, and contains SO MANY THINGS invisible to the unaugmented eye... :P

GlobalNode did a great job unraveling what was hidden to everyone.

Down with screenshots, all hail concealed info and interviews!

AaronJ
31st Jan 2008, 21:06
Thanks.

Personally, I'm really tired of the interviews already. Anything but.

v.dog
31st Jan 2008, 21:45
A developer blog would be awesome, along with the occasional teaser.

jd10013
31st Jan 2008, 22:47
I doubt we'll see much for a while. they'll probably have something put together for E3, but that isn't till july I think.

Unstoppable
31st Jan 2008, 23:08
A developer blog would be awesome, along with the occasional teaser.

Whenever a journal or blog is started up by a dev, it usually is not finished. So I would not want one. They have enough in their hands I'm sure.

jd10013
31st Jan 2008, 23:18
Whenever a journal or blog is started up by a dev, it usually is not finished. So I would not want one. They have enough in their hands I'm sure.

what would be nice though is a website. well, one with some content, and not just an MB and a quick video :rolleyes:

Unstoppable
31st Jan 2008, 23:42
That is coming in in 2009 I'm thinking. More info in summer. For now just have to wait for time to fly by.

mr_cyberpunk
1st Feb 2008, 01:57
I have no idea why people are supporting teasers.. I mean do you NOT want information? do you just want hype and over exaggerations?

I demand a tech demo by E3 2008. If you don't get us a tech demo then there is a good chance we won't give a crap about the game until next year when you finally get around to doing it Eidos :D.

I don't want to wait however, if they make a stupid move in the tech demo then the fans can say "omfg! this is a pile of crap" and then the developer can go "ok lets look at why they think this and find better alternatives"

So far we haven't had any feedback from the developers so I suspect that they won't be bothered listening to us.. a mistake that Ion made on countless occasions.

So yeah it'll be interesting to see what eidos has planned.. as it stands they haven't impressed me, if they keep us in the dark for too long we won't stay around and the launch will flunk. This is why I discourage teasers. If you've got anything good to show.. SHOW IT!

Red
1st Feb 2008, 09:56
We didn't get anything from the developers yet, because the game just barely got into development. They still have 2 years of time to complete it! Cut them some slack.

Papy
1st Feb 2008, 10:17
Yeah, I want screenshots! That way it will put pressure on devs to concentrate on graphics and technology rather than story, AI, gameplay, etc... I want a beautiful thing to watch, not a good game!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really think "gamers" should begin to be a little more mature and responsible. If we want good games, we should ask to know more about the design of the game, rather than only some out of context and useless screenshots.

Personally, there is one thing I'd really like to know : who is the target audience? How will Eidos choose their focus groups?

Red
1st Feb 2008, 10:53
I think they should play this card on DX1 fans.

gamer0004
1st Feb 2008, 18:29
Teasers may not always be very informative, but the DX3 teaser was. But without anything conclusive. Which is cool, because we don't want that, would we? Then the game would be partly ruined.

minus0ne
1st Feb 2008, 20:02
Yeah, I want screenshots! That way it will put pressure on devs to concentrate on graphics and technology rather than story, AI, gameplay, etc... I want a beautiful thing to watch, not a good game!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I really think "gamers" should begin to be a little more mature and responsible. If we want good games, we should ask to know more about the design of the game, rather than only some out of context and useless screenshots.

Personally, there is one thing I'd really like to know : who is the target audience? How will Eidos choose their focus groups?
QFT. Though I'd rather they wouldn't do focus groups.

c37579
26th Mar 2008, 21:58
I think they should play this card on DX1 fans.

i hope they will but they wont

they might put in a little bit of it, to make sure all the DX fans come back, but they will be more bothered with the larger audience, because lets face it, DX fans arent the largest group out there, which is sad...

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Mar 2008, 22:14
i hope they will but they wont

they might put in a little bit of it, to make sure all the DX fans come back, but they will be more bothered with the larger audience, because lets face it, DX fans arent the largest group out there, which is sad...

Not HL2 large, but extremely loyal. Bioshock had a splash of a beginning, but 7 years from now, it's loyal base will be smaller. The SS2 fans didn't get their game back, so they'll remain loyal to the original.

Much like the DX fans remain loyal to DX1.

Devs can't push the fans out of their enclaves with "spirtual successors" or expansion packs that wreck the original. One day they'll understand and actually give what the fans actually want.

The key isn't to grab the money and run, it's to culture a loyal base that will keep the game alive until the next release. DX2 doesn't have the modders to do so, and it's like the F.E.A.R. franchise's Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate, that blew canon and will be ignored by original devs making, Project Origin. DX2 is ignored by this same loyal base for the same reasons.

DX3 is a wedding with DX1, so have to have something of the old with something new -- or the divorce will be one very nasty affair!

IceBallz
27th Mar 2008, 12:39
Hey... Stop that !!! No screenshots !!! I'am still mindstorming here... :nut:

c37579
27th Mar 2008, 19:35
Hey... Stop that !!! No screenshots !!! I'am still mindstorming here... :nut:

maybe not screenshots, but something

ANYTHING EIDOS! ANYTHING

WildcatPhoenix
27th Mar 2008, 20:57
Hard to say how I feel on this one. On the one hand, I definitely want the developers to take as much time as they need to make DX3 a worthy successor to the game we all know and love.

On the other hand, I'm starving for some more information/pics/interviews/concept art to feed my need for all things Deus! :D

-Wildcat

Vasarto
2nd Apr 2008, 22:02
Hey guys I know it's early in development and all but I think we should request a monthly screen shot from Eidos Montreal. It would at least give us something to talk about and help pass the time. Who's with me? Eidos if you're out there please throw us a bone! :D

YA...or at least some kind of Scetch or something ...Maybe one of the eariler idea's of what certain places or characters looked like that ARN;T gonna be used?

Larington
2nd Apr 2008, 22:15
Screenshots. Definitely NOT - Not until the game is less than 6 months away from completion, maybe only 3 months. Why? Over the years gamers have become whiny little children (In behaviour, not age) who are prone to ignore the fact that demonstration materials like screenshots are PREVIEWs of what is to come and therefor haven't yet undergone final revisions. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen people unfairly write off an in development game off of a pre-release demonstration video or screenshot.

That said, I'd love to see concept art that doesn't give away too much about the game, anyone remember a conversation in Deus Ex 1 about the change in UNATCO uniform design?* I'd love to see what the UNATCO uniforms looked like before the Bob Page 'here let me buy you all this fancy gear' period came along.

* - If memory serves, the conversation piece happens in DX1, when you're sneaking around the UNATCO communications building and have reached the computer on the mid level of the facility.

Inane Mythos
2nd Apr 2008, 22:45
Concept art and Interviews and only a few screenshots.

No tech demo's because I don't need to watch "Super-Velcro-Characters" (Force Unleashed). Trailers only show masses of action to appeal to the mass market which is a shame because it shows a fall in intillect.

Unstoppable
3rd Apr 2008, 09:31
I definitely would love to see some concept art. Eidos are you listening :D. Perhaps they are secretly working on a web site update to be revealed in the summer and E 3.

My hopes are up because I don't think they would pass up E 3 without revealing some sort of info hehe :).

Vasarto
3rd Apr 2008, 18:06
I definitely would love to see some concept art. Eidos are you listening :D. Perhaps they are secretly working on a web site update to be revealed in the summer and E 3.

My hopes are up because I don't think they would pass up E 3 without revealing some sort of info hehe :).

Well YA...who DOESN'T like concept art. Thats one of the sweetist things that Mortal Kambat did for its last three games.....aww...I made myself saaad.

Anyway they added tons apon tons of concept arts and design to their games and its always really incredible or just plain entertaining to see
the development and designs they do or had before the final finished project.

Plus having something to look at might quench our thirts for a little while.
After all concept art isn't always what things or people look like or gonna look like. It's more or less their idea's of what could be!

WhatsHisFace
8th Apr 2008, 03:25
Give me a screenshot so I don't have to look at the next-gen Tomb Raider to try and guess what the game will look like.

SemiAnonymous
8th Apr 2008, 03:54
All I want are screen shots of several different areas. I don't care if it shows the HUD, I don't care if it shows NPC's, hell, I don't care if some of them are shots of old areas redone. As long as I get something to drool over.

Also, I wouldn't mind a few interviews as well.