PDA

View Full Version : Bug: Rooftop Clipping and Shadow Clipping

SilentPlanet22
12th Dec 2013, 02:22
Here are a couple of very minor things I noticed while playing on Provance tonight:

1.) When you are crawling around in pounce position as a Reaver on the rooftops, you are able to clip through the rooftop ledges. You don't get stuck in the geometry, I just find it weird that you can clip through it.

2.) As a human, our team was inside one of the buildings and I heard the sound of a Reaver nearby (great audible indication of danger!), and then I saw the shadow of the Reaver on the roof from inside the building. It should be noted that the Reaver was in the pounce position while I was seeing his shadow.

Again, these are just minor issues that I noticed while playing tonight on that map. Overall the alpha experience has been great and I haven't run into too many big issues (though last night one of my teammates got stuck inside a wall on Freeport and couldn't play for the rest of the round). So far the game is shaping up to be a great multiplayer experience and I look forward to continuing support after its release. Vae Victus!

LOFO1993
12th Dec 2013, 11:08
I noticed the shadow through roofs issue too. I'm not so sure it happens only when a Reaver is over it, I'd swear it's a more common thing. But still, the developers will study the case much better than we could ever do.

If it may help, I play with all the graphic settings at their lowest possible, resolution (1280x1024) and dynamic shadows ("yes") apart.

Strike5150
12th Dec 2013, 14:03
The shadow bug has been reported already and the devs are aware of it. Check the known bugs list it should be in there by now. Otherwise give Hiru a knudge hehe.

hirukaru
12th Dec 2013, 21:05
Hmm I dont know if I put it in.
Getting less and less time to keep it up to date.

I need some help with it.

(Working on final paper, getting ready for Denmark, working on application for my Master education)
Lots of stuff going on.
But it has been noted