PDA

View Full Version : Hopes.....................!?

TDK
28th Jan 2008, 17:01
Hey all TR fans :cool: lets put our hopes for the upcoming game ;)

I want cars too beside of motorcycle ! umm and i hope her guns are not infinity cuz it will make it more realistic and i would love to see her doing more acrobatics and the croft manor i would love to see a new area that will make her train on shooting or mybe jumping like we saw in the first TR film and they should should make her go outside the manor like spin around london for sloving puzzles in the croft manor :D thats cool right !
Whats your hopes for TR:U ?

Bampire
28th Jan 2008, 19:16
Oh my gawd. I'd LOVE To go outside the mansion in the next Tomb Raider. It'd be like the classic games, when you were able to do so!

I'd love it! I hope that'll happen D:

Tomb-Dude
28th Jan 2008, 19:36
You were allowed in the garden in the originals but past the gates. And you where allowed outside in anniversary? :scratch:

But it would be interesting to be allowed to streets of London but it would really make it Tomb Raider would it...

I hope this game wont dissappoint me ;) none of the others have so thats what im hoping for this one, so much hype about this gmae but will it be worth it, is that the question.

Rai
28th Jan 2008, 20:02
Streets of London? Nonono no! I wouldn't want that. Besides Lara's mansion isn't in London is it? So the scenario TDK is talking of wouldn't happen.

Mangar The Dark
28th Jan 2008, 20:57
i hope her guns are not infinity cuz it will make it more realistic

Sorry, but I have to disagree with that one.
Given a choice between realism (limited ammo) and fun (unlimited ammo), I'd have to opt for fun. Angel of Darkness tried the "limited ammo" thing, and it really didn't improve the gameplay at all, it just made things a lot more tedious. Besides, since when is anyone really concerned with TR being realistic? ;) We're talking about a franchise in which dinosaurs still run amok!

As for my wishes for TRU:
- A solid storyline which addresses some of the questions raised in TRL, while opening up new mysteries.

- A stronger emphasis on exploration. TRL had very few moments in which you could wander off the beaten path. I want more of those. Not TOO many, mind you, because constantly losing your bearings is no fun either. Just enough to keep things interesting and to force the player to really examine the environment.

- Puzzles that are less linear. TRL followed a strict formula of: "Follow path to room. Solve puzzle to leave room. Follow path to next room," with a few fights sprinkled in along the way. For TRU, I want things to open up a bit more. Again, not TOO much, because not knowing what to do next can get tedious if it happens all the time. But at least a few levels should follow the formula used in St. Francis Folly-- "Here's a big door that needs three keys. Now go explore the level in any way you want, and return here with those keys."

- More than one level per area. With the exception of Peru and Kazakstan, all of the areas in TRL were just one level, and that simply isn't enough to really feel invested in the area. I want TRU to go back to the old TR formula of having multiple levels per geographic area.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

TDK
28th Jan 2008, 23:04
Goar : ya i hope they'll do this in TR:U it would be fun :)

Tomb-Dude : ya i know it will make it a little bit odd from TR games but the idea isnt that bad and I agree about (I hope this game wont dissappoint me) thats all we wont :cool:

Rai004 : Laras manor not in london ? umm i dont know really but they can just put a car out side so we can go to london LOL any way wut i mean is to make lara environment more open and i think that will make the game more hard and they shouldnt put all london in the game :p

Mangar The Dark : thanks alot dude and i agree with you in every thing you said ... about the guns thing mybe your right but i dont know i just felt that the guns shouldnt be infinity will make it hard, and they should put more guns in TRU like sniper and stuff like that (LOL i dont know anything about guns i just want more :lol: )

Werner Von Croy
28th Jan 2008, 23:32
NO adrenalin dodge please.

Would love to see monkey swing bars again

Unlimited Backpack (I.e that you can pick up as much ammo as you want like the old TR games)

TDK
29th Jan 2008, 00:54
adrenalin dodge was not that cool in TR:A. agree with you.
monkey swing bars its my fav moves for lara hope to see it agin but they should make her do it fast in TR:AOD she moves like truck even in the old games while doing this

Unlimited Backpack (I.e that you can pick up as much ammo as you want like the old TR games)

Rai
29th Jan 2008, 01:04
Monkey Bars, rope swinging, rope/pole walking, I want all these things in TRU. I want Lara to be able to use and manipulate her environment as much as is humanely possible.

Not too keen on the AD especially when it was forced upon you, like in the boss fights. I got used to it and if it is in the game, then so be it. But I want to be able to choose whether I use it - or not.

A few vehicles, but again, not forced chases. I'd prefer it if they could be used to explore if necessary and reach hard to reach places - but again, I don't want them to be essential. And not too many, don't over do it.

What I have read so far looks promising. I love the idea of shooting whilst climbing. I dearly hope the combat isn't overdone as well. Combat is part of Tomb Raider, but it should be minimal amongst the human enemies. Good quality fights rather than quantity.

I can't think of more 'wants' right now. I'll be back.

TDK
29th Jan 2008, 01:26
agree but in some point they will :mad2:

not forced chases..

LisaB1962
29th Jan 2008, 14:10
I want to get scared.

I want to get lost.

I want to feel like I'm on an adventure, not on some guided tour where tour guides keep shepherding me back onto the beaten track.

Atheist
29th Jan 2008, 16:07
I don't want pistols to be limited. If they do, that means kicking and punching. I don't want to kick and punch, I want to shoot.

zakker
29th Jan 2008, 17:50

Eidos, CD don't listen to him. Werner Von Croy if you mind and visit this poll i made previously http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74121 about the best thing in TRA, you will see that Adrenalin dodge is the highest vote.
So Eidos, CD Please Give us AD.....Please:o

Tomb-Dude
29th Jan 2008, 18:00
Eidos, CD don't listen to him.

:mad2: :mad2:

Sorry just that "bit" got on my nerves. EVERYONE <<< NOTICE BOLD LETTERS AND UNDERLINED ... Becuase one again EVERYONE Is intitled to having there own opinion and his opinion was that he hated the adrenaline dodge beucase we were forced on using it against the enemies, one way killing system, but if we wern't forced apon using such a differcult move to use for the pc then he might have a different opinion. But i agree with him on the fact that it was forced apon us to use.
But i liked the move and im sticking up for him for a simple fact becuase he had his own opion. Just little comments like that get me round up! :mad2:

Mangar The Dark
29th Jan 2008, 18:05
I'd prefer not to have the adrenaline dodge. Well, I don't actually mind if it's there, but I hope it's not required again for boss fights. That got a bit repetative and tedious.

The slo-mo system in TRL was actually a lot more fun than the AD, and I'd prefer to see something like that again. A lot of times, I could have easily killed the bad guys from a distance in TRL, but it was more fun to run up to them, leap off of them, and then fire away in slow motion.

Werner Von Croy
29th Jan 2008, 20:58
Eidos, CD don't listen to him. Werner Von Croy if you mind and visit this poll i made previously http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74121 about the best thing in TRA, you will see that Adrenalin dodge is the highest vote.
So Eidos, CD Please Give us AD.....Please:o

I don't se why, everyone on these forums ha had problems regarding adrenalin dodge, you are the only one so far who likes it :scratch:

TDK
29th Jan 2008, 21:22
kick and punching isnt that bad i would love to see it beside shooting

I don't want pistols to be limited. If they do, that means kicking and punching. I don't want to kick and punch, I want to shoot.

TDK
29th Jan 2008, 21:24
i agree with Werner Von Croy i dont like the Adrenalin dodge too it sucks cuz its forced on you and thats really not a good thing to kill the boss in the same way every time you play !

Tomb-Dude
29th Jan 2008, 21:49
didn't anybody read the comment whre i stuck up (kinda for Werner Von Croy) i said i liked the adrenaline dodge but on the pc (demo i have) it is more differcult then the PS2 which i have mainly played it on.

Werner Von Croy
30th Jan 2008, 00:15
didn't anybody read the comment whre i stuck up (kinda for Werner Von Croy) i said i liked the adrenaline dodge but on the pc (demo i have) it is more differcult then the PS2 which i have mainly played it on.

I also play PS2 and Wii versions they are bot difficult just very annoying when it comes to multiple enemies as i am sure a lot of players on forums would agree, that was the only disappointment for me personally when i first purchased TRA I can't really comment on PC version as have never played it, but i can imagine it must be a complete nightmare to execute, and thanks for sticking up for me :thumbsup:

Rai
30th Jan 2008, 00:18

It depends. I guess it might be with the keyboard and mouse. I have trouble using this. But with a controller, it is no different than the PS2. :)

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 13:43
Why is every one nagging about adrenalin dodge :(
lets put more stuff i was thinking about Lara if someone shoot her or she jump from high places they should make her get heart and we can see Injured legs or bleeding from her face when someone punch her on da face

Werner Von Croy
31st Jan 2008, 14:22
Why is every one nagging about adrenalin dodge :(
lets put more stuff i was thinking about Lara if someone shoot her or she jump from high places they should make her get heart and we can see Injured legs or bleeding from her face when someone punch her on da face

I don't wanna see that Tomb raider's a family game not resident evil:scratch:

zakker
31st Jan 2008, 15:48
I don't se why, everyone on these forums ha had problems regarding adrenalin dodge, you are the only one so far who likes it :scratch:

Tomb-Dude didn't anybody read the comment whre i stuck up (kinda for Werner Von Croy) i said i liked the adrenaline dodge but on the pc (demo i have) it is more differcult then the PS2 which i have mainly played it on.

i like the adrenaline dodge but on second thought, i agree that it shouldn't be the only killing system for enemies and bosses. what i mean there should be an option that during the fight with an enemy or a boss you can triger the AD or not. please help with your suggestions.:confused:

Werner Von Croy
31st Jan 2008, 15:52
i like the adrenaline dodge but on second thought, i agree that it shouldn't be the only killing system for enemies and bosses. what i mean there should be an option that during the fight with an enemy or a boss you can triger the AD or not. please help with your suggestions.:confused:

Yeah i see your point something like execute R2 to manoeuvre the AD i just thought it was a tad annoying especially against multiple enemies

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 20:40
:D
it would be fun to watch i dont care if it was a family game TR should improve and be better and i think watching lara getteing heart isnt that bad ? i mean when you shoot some one using the gun you except to see blood ?

I don't wanna see that Tomb raider's a family game not resident evil:scratch:

Tomb-Dude
31st Jan 2008, 20:50
it would be fun to watch i dont care if it was a family game TR should improve and be better and i think watching lara getteing heart isnt that bad ? i mean when you shoot some one using the gun you except to see blood ?

Yer but they want to make it a family game... Something for all the family not up the age to much... I am able to buy most games now except 16's only just grrr and 18's but most gmaes i see these days are 15's... So i can buy them but just...

Yeah you might expect to see blood but it's not all about releasim it's more about the game play, unless you actually look out for all these little thing like; "Omg there is no blood!" or "Her hair went though her bag" or antoehr one "Her bag is hovering abover her shoulders"
I never noticed anything like that becuase i didn't inpect her to the txtent, yer i might of had a look to see what she looked like.

But in option for blood i would have to say no :p

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 21:04
im 17 :D (hehe bigger than you)
any way i dont care for that but they should do that :D
no i dont say that not ,, well not all the time :rasp:

Yer but they want to make it a family game... Something for all the family not up the age to much... I am able to buy most games now except 16's only just grrr and 18's but most gmaes i see these days are 15's... So i can buy them but just...

Yeah you might expect to see blood but it's not all about releasim it's more about the game play, unless you actually look out for all these little thing like; "Omg there is no blood!" or "Her hair went though her bag" or antoehr one "Her bag is hovering abover her shoulders"
I never noticed anything like that becuase i didn't inpect her to the txtent, yer i might of had a look to see what she looked like.

But in option for blood i would have to say no :p

Tomb-Dude
31st Jan 2008, 21:11
im 17 :D (hehe bigger than you)
any way i dont care for that but they should do that :D
no i dont say that not ,, well not all the time :rasp:

17... Lucky bugger... But im younger, :rasp:

If Tomb Raider was what they call as a "Adult" game then i would expect there to be more cuts on her, blood dripping down her... But realistic, not like a cut and like a puddle is created in like 1 second.. Unless her head is sliced of by a creature... Buuuuuuut I highly doubt that for one second...

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 21:18
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i dont say like adult game its just i wanted to be a little more realistic thats all
hahaha (her head is sliced) no i dont think they'll do somthing like that and thats reminds me when lara die she always have the same move
(when she dies its like some one throw her from the window and we will hear a sound of broken bones)
thats not cool at all :(

17... Lucky bugger... But im younger, :rasp:

If Tomb Raider was what they call as a "Adult" game then i would expect there to be more cuts on her, blood dripping down her... But realistic, not like a cut and like a puddle is created in like 1 second.. Unless her head is sliced of by a creature... Buuuuuuut I highly doubt that for one second...

Tomb-Dude
31st Jan 2008, 21:24
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i dont say like adult game its just i wanted to be a little more realistic thats all
hahaha (her head is sliced) no i dont think they'll do somthing like that and thats reminds me when lara die she always have the same move
(when she dies its like some one throw her from the window and we will hear a sound of broken bones)
thats not cool at all :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol
Yer i know where you coming from just make it a little but more realistic, i think they are slwoly begingin to do that with like sweat and goosebumps maybe one day they will add like scratches and burises on her body and slowly either slowly heal over...

For example a Jaguar claws Lara's leg and she finds it differecult to walk and swing to you have to find an alternative rout, would be interesting. And after you use a medipack she wrapps up the cut and after a while she takes off the bandage and he cut has gone... All my magic lol

But the sound of breaking boones was quite amusing the original.. I tried doing something the other day in one of them diving down a sloap, in L or A she would of rolled buti nthe original she just broke her neck. If i remember correctly i shouted at her and a load of stuff... :D

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 21:32
:D :D
i think they'll do that too and going sweat and goosebumps is a great thing to see it in the next game
umm i think i saw that in a game but i cant remeber the name of it like he gets heart and when he take the medipack...etc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol
Yer i know where you coming from just make it a little but more realistic, i think they are slwoly begingin to do that with like sweat and goosebumps maybe one day they will add like scratches and burises on her body and slowly either slowly heal over...

hahaha lol ya even when she is under the water :mad2:

For example a Jaguar claws Lara's leg and she finds it differecult to walk and swing to you have to find an alternative rout, would be interesting. And after you use a medipack she wrapps up the cut and after a while she takes off the bandage and he cut has gone... All my magic lol

But the sound of breaking boones was quite amusing the original.. I tried doing something the other day in one of them diving down a sloap, in L or A she would of rolled buti nthe original she just broke her neck. If i remember correctly i shouted at her and a load of stuff... :D

Tomb-Dude
31st Jan 2008, 21:38
:D :D
i think they'll do that too and going sweat and goosebumps is a great thing to see it in the next game
umm i think i saw that in a game but i cant remeber the name of it like he gets heart and when he take the medipack...etc

Ermm... I recognise what you are saying... But i can't think of a the game. Lara has something liek that in the other two when her health goes down really low.

I know what you mean by add the realism into it.

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 21:44
Its TR and deserve a good treatment :D

Ermm... I recognise what you are saying... But i can't think of a the game. Lara has something liek that in the other two when her health goes down really low.

I know what you mean by add the realism into it.

Tomb-Dude
31st Jan 2008, 21:44
Its TR and deserve a good treatment :D

Lol... Yer but they don't want to change TR to much so it isn't Tomb Riader as we know it ;)

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 21:51
you know i'm wondoring about TR 9 too hahaha belef it :p

Lol... Yer but they don't want to change TR to much so it isn't Tomb Riader as we know it ;)

Tomb-Dude
31st Jan 2008, 21:59
you know i'm wondoring about TR 9 too hahaha belef it :p

Seriously lol... Think about that one once this game comes out... Lol... We don't even know if there is a TR9 for all we know Lara might die in ths one mwhahaha... I hope not:( wish i hadn't said that now...

But I just can't wait for this new gome...

I just seriously hope that i dont get dissapointed.. Becuase there is so much hype about it, i don't want to get it and play it and like go that was pointless... 100% crap sort of thing. But i havn't actually done that with a TR game... TR3 i didnt really enjoy. TR4 i found quite boring... Sand, more Sand and well more Sand... :thumbsdown: <<< Wish that was one

Werner Von Croy
31st Jan 2008, 22:04

Nwell unless they make it a 15 but that wouldn't be fair to younger players

TDK
1st Feb 2008, 09:34
Duno who cares for the younger players hahahaha :D LOL just J.K umm you might not get me the main point is (make the game real and every one can play it) :o

Nwell unless they make it a 15 but that wouldn't be fair to younger players

hahah not that much but i do think about TR 9 any way i'm so excited about TR:U too i think its going to be cool and somthing new for us :o and i'm gona be happy to play it the same feeling when i was playing TRL and TRA I didnt like the idea of making a remake for the old games (TRA) was kind of boring cuz i know the storyline of the game :(

Seriously lol... Think about that one once this game comes out... Lol... We don't even know if there is a TR9 for all we know Lara might die in ths one mwhahaha... I hope not:( wish i hadn't said that now...

But I just can't wait for this new gome...

I just seriously hope that i dont get dissapointed.. Becuase there is so much hype about it, i don't want to get it and play it and like go that was pointless... 100% crap sort of thing. But i havn't actually done that with a TR game... TR3 i didnt really enjoy. TR4 i found quite boring... Sand, more Sand and well more Sand... :thumbsdown: <<< Wish that was one

Werner Von Croy
1st Feb 2008, 09:54
Duno who cares for the younger players hahahaha :D LOL just J.K umm you might not get me the main point is (make the game real and every one can play it) :o

hahah not that much but i do think about TR 9 any way i'm so excited about TR:U too i think its going to be cool and somthing new for us :o and i'm gona be happy to play it the same feeling when i was playing TRL and TRA I didnt like the idea of making a remake for the old games (TRA) was kind of boring cuz i know the storyline of the game :(

I think you'll actually find that the younger player is the ones who are spending more money, and they would definatley have something to say if TR was made into an 15 or an 18