PDA

View Full Version : Can't use night vision in Thief 3.

Codename36
27th Jan 2008, 01:31
This is strange, the game was working fine a week ago. I started the game today and noticed that when I zoom in with the eye, it doesn't go night vision mode. It's like when you zoom with the eye in Thief 2. I reloaded a save game and I still had the problem, then I rebooted the game and I still had the problem, I also started a new game too but that didn't work. I don't understand what happened, any ideas? I'm at a level that is pretty dark too! :(

theBlackman
27th Jan 2008, 01:37
There is no "night-vision". The Zoom is telescopic which clarifies things a little, but it is just a telescope.

Have you added any programs to your system, changed the setup on the video card or in the options menu?

Codename36
27th Jan 2008, 03:25
There is no "night-vision". The Zoom is telescopic which clarifies things a little, but it is just a telescope.

Have you added any programs to your system, changed the setup on the video card or in the options menu?

Nope.

theBlackman
27th Jan 2008, 05:44
Take a look at the OPTIONS menu in the main, and check the control settings and the Video settings.

If you don't notice any changes, then uninstall and reinstall the game.
Sometimes the game will hiccup.

What are your system specs and operating system. Not that that will make a difference, but it gives us a referrence to possible causes that other players have had.

You can keep your saved games by going to MY DOCUMENTS, THIEF DEADLY SHADOWS, SAVES. Just rename that folder.

If you reinstall the game you can delete the new SAVES folder and replace it with the one you renamed. Rename it back, of course, to the original name.

If you continue to have problems, then you may have a corrupt file in your "user CFG" in the saves. In which case open the SAVES folder and delete everything there.

You will have to start over, or download saves from:

http://web.archive.org/web/20060528211713/http://www.the-neighborhood.com/thief-3-savegames.htm