PDA

View Full Version : Name Suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

AaronJ
20th Jan 2008, 17:00
The same thing was done on the Star Wars Episode III forums, 35 pages or something.

Suggest one name for Deus Ex 3. In case their plan was to drop the plain "3".

I've got nothing.

foxh0und
20th Jan 2008, 17:08
Outcast
Exile
Maybe they will call it The Invisible Conspiracy ;)

AaronJ
20th Jan 2008, 17:17
Maybe they could have a Latin extension. I can't offer any suggestions, but it would be a good idea.

gamer0004
20th Jan 2008, 17:32
It's gonna be "Deus ex: the visible war"
I know this for sure :rasp:

AaronJ
20th Jan 2008, 17:49
Quit the stupid jokes guys.

gamer0004
20th Jan 2008, 18:35
Sorry, I couldn't resist :P
Anyway, I hope they'll stick with the "3".

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jan 2008, 18:50
I don't think just DX3 is good enough, its boring and lacks imagination imo.

As for a possible name. No idea until I get to hear the official basic storyline.

SageSavage
20th Jan 2008, 19:33
I like the minimalistic clearness of "Deus Ex 3"

Xcom
20th Jan 2008, 22:46
After having seen the teaser, I kind of keep thinking of some symbolic "birth", re-birth... so.

Deus Ex: Renaissance
Deus Ex: The Awakening

or something in those lines. Though, I, too, don't have particular problem with just DX3.

AaronJ
21st Jan 2008, 02:05
I think The Awakening is overused, and Renaissance would kill me. But good contribution all the same.

JulianP
21st Jan 2008, 02:18
After having seen the teaser, I kind of keep thinking of some symbolic "birth", re-birth... so.

or something in those lines. Though, I, too, don't have particular problem with just DX3.

Going with this theme, how about:

Deus Ex: Reincarnation

Unstoppable
21st Jan 2008, 10:06
The title is going to be very important. It will draw people to pick up the box and look at the back. If they see Deus Ex on the cover, most likely they won't be interested. They have no clue what the heck a "Deus Ex" is. That's where marketing comes in.

However marketing won't reach everybody. Which is why the title will be key in getting more sales for the game. Deus Ex 3 needs to have a title that people can relate to. A title that also shows what the game is about.

After thinking for a while I realized that Bioshock has a great title for itself. So Eidos needs to come up with a way to create it's own great title. The title I have come up with is the following:

Deus Ex 3: Entity Prime

Entity comes from the word being which comes from the word nature which was mentioned in the teaser trailer. Also they are trying to discover man's true nature or identity. (Teaser trailer)

Prime comes from the word best which it appears the embryo in the trailer is trying to be.(As whoever is trying to make it genetically superior)

Maybe the Deus Ex should be stripped from the title and just call it what it is, Entity Prime. Then underneath it could be "a deus ex game" or something like that.

That way people aren't scared or shrug it off as it being part 3 and them never having played part 1 or 2.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/Unstop4ever/entity_prime_final_boxcovercopy.jpg

What do you guys think :cool: ? Just a lil concept box cover hehe using the first deus ex cover of course.

gamer0004
21st Jan 2008, 14:52
I sure hope they at least stick with "Deus ex".
And they will, because they are using the Deus Ex IP ;)

AaronJ
21st Jan 2008, 18:31
Entity Prime sounds like stupid Nintendo **** tbh.

I want them to stick with Deus Ex 3 actually, because you cannot possibly call a prequel "3".

Aspire
21st Jan 2008, 18:45
From what I've read (which may or may not be true) its supposed to be a prequel from DX1.

So I think maybe Deus Ex: The Awakening would be perfect as it would symbolise the start of the whole saga.

Dead-Eye
21st Jan 2008, 22:02
Deus Ex 3 is my pick. Maybe with a line under it like "The Chronicles of [player name here] ."

guru7892
22nd Jan 2008, 08:49
Deus Ex 3
"Its Deus Ex, its People, its BOTH!"

v.dog
22nd Jan 2008, 20:24
Deus Ex 3:
Singularity

WhatsHisFace
23rd Jan 2008, 20:04
Deus Ex: Please Forget That Invisible War Existed KTHXBYE.

mr_cyberpunk
25th Jan 2008, 06:57
Deus Ex: End Game? is that too absolute?

How about Deus Ex: Machina?

Angel/0A
25th Jan 2008, 07:02
I think it's a bit hard to name something without really knowing the content.

How about Deus Ex: Machina?

Surprised no one suggested it sooner. :)

RedFeather1975
26th Jan 2008, 09:27
Deus Ex: Crazy Fetis
Deus Ex: Ballot Box
Deus Ex: Bunch o' Roman Numerals

Really have no idea what to call a game I know hardly anything about. :rolleyes:
I'm being a wiener.

maddermadcat
26th Jan 2008, 17:31
Deus Ex 3 is fine. Otherwise it's difficult to think one up because we have no clue what the game is about yet.

Unstoppable
26th Jan 2008, 19:59
Everyone wants their name to win so really the topic can go on forever. I do like Deus Ex: Machina though. That gets my vote.

Tracer Tong
27th Jan 2008, 06:06
Deus Ex: Please Forget That Invisible War Existed KTHXBYE.

I like this one very much thank you :rasp:

minus0ne
27th Jan 2008, 09:42
Everyone wants their name to win so really the topic can go on forever. I do like Deus Ex: Machina though. That gets my vote.
Same here, though it'd have to be "Deus Ex Machina" to make sense.

RedFeather1975
27th Jan 2008, 10:00
Nooooooo! :(
Deus Ex : Ballot Box
Is such a neat name though.
One, or all of the endings could lead to a super cool succession of increasing close-up shots of the ballot box, all done to 'dun, dun, duuun!' music.

jordan_a
4th Feb 2008, 01:29
I think we'll be given something around the two previous titles, Conspiracy, Invisible War. But it all depends on the plot.

AaronJ
4th Feb 2008, 02:18
Deus Ex: The Third Son

Deus Ex: Oraculum (Latin for Prophecy, my vote)

pauldenton
4th Feb 2008, 05:48
deus ex - machina

deus ex - evolution

deus ex - birth of the machine

deus ex - new world order

DXeXodus
4th Feb 2008, 11:02
It's difficult because all that we have to go by is a teaser and a few interviews. But lets see:

Deus Ex 3: The Denton Legacy

or

Deus Ex 3: The Omega chronicles (omega being 'end' which might close the series off)

or

Deus Ex 3: Orange soda! :D (had to say that, sorry)

Will keep the mind working on more tho.....

RedFeather1975
4th Feb 2008, 11:16
I'm seriously growing quite angry at the complete lack of enthusiasm being shown for my Deus Ex: Ballot Box suggestion.

/me begins grinding teeth and writing everyone's name on my bedroom wall (except for DXeXodus)

In all seriousness I'm surprised everyone is actually being serious. Nothing on these forums are going to shape the game. This is just a little community spirit outlet. The development studio is not going to mold the current project off of open community forum topics.
Beta forums are where that's done because only people testing and playing the game are really given weight in their feedback once production has already started on a project.

Let's be silly!

DXeXodus
4th Feb 2008, 11:19
@RedFeather1975: I think your name suggestion is wonderful.
Maybe there could even be a mini-game where you run around inside the box and try to count the ballots. It could be called ballotBash. great. :lmao:

So you can take my name off your wall pls

RedFeather1975
4th Feb 2008, 11:22
Yeah! Your name is off the wall DXeXodus.
You seem like a fun person! :)

pauldenton
4th Feb 2008, 15:33
you are probably right redfeather we will be ignored unless they get to a section of the game they are stuck on and look for ideas from the feedback forums which is possible.

when they were making DX IW many of us could see the way the game was going and warned and shouted about it in the forums and we were completely ignored and we know what happend there!

we told them the game would be a disaster and it was, made all the more painful because we had warned them.

this time however i feel there just `may` be the odd glimps as they know that IW was a disaster because they didnt listen.
they wont change any major direction as the game plan is set but it could influence just a little in the details - possibly.
this would most likely happen when more info is revealed.

remember this isnt their game - its spectors, so they cant be too cocky regarding the fans and what defines the game.
still i dont expect to have any major influence through this forum - i am realistic about that.

BUT i think i won with my name, even if only us nuts read it -

deus ex - birth of the machine(c)

tanonx
4th Feb 2008, 17:20
Deus Ex IN SPACE!!!

Or Deus Ex: The Masquerade. Now with vampires, because True Art is Angsty.

...Actually, that might work if it's a prequel to either of the games.

RedFeather1975
4th Feb 2008, 17:37
Oh my goodness. Tononx, your suggestion made me laugh so hard.

I pictured an android sidekick flailing it's arms in distress every fight and when enemies appear, they flash into existence with an explosion and a 'boi-oi-oing!' sound.

Ah, shoot. I couldn't find a youtube video showing those parts from the lost in space tv series. :(

jordan_a
4th Feb 2008, 18:22
Deus Ex: Oraculum (Latin for Prophecy, my vote)I'd definitely like to bring some latin to the title.

SageSavage
4th Feb 2008, 18:36
Deus Ex - Oraculum of the Spiderpig

v.dog
5th Feb 2008, 10:39
I like the Latin idea, it fits well with the rest of the title.

Deus Ex: Cogito
Deus Ex: Ab Incunabulis
Deus Ex: Frangar non flectar
Deus Ex: Quaere verum
Dues Ex: Tertium quid?

Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.

Tyrant Worm
5th Feb 2008, 17:41
This one's kinda . . . . morbid, but I get random thoughts like this from time to time.

Deus Ex: Fetus Eater

Or how about

Da Vinci Code: Deus Ex

Okay, now for the serious ones!
Deus Ex: Transhuman
Deus Ex: Progeny
Deus Ex: Contention

Kinda hard without making it sound like a WWE pay-per-view match!

jordan_a
5th Feb 2008, 19:00
Deus Ex :CogitoGreat and clever. :thumbsup:

Draco1979
5th Feb 2008, 20:28
DX3 - Teaser
DX3 - Left in the Dark
DX3 - The Unknown
DX3- The Bob Page Story
DX3- The Barny Threat
DX3- :lmao:

v.dog
6th Feb 2008, 10:34
Great and clever. :thumbsup:Thanks :)

Zegano
7th Feb 2008, 02:58
-Deus Ex: Womb Warfare

-Deus Ex: The Second Collapse
Where you have to stop the Illuminati from reviving reality tv and halting all human progress.

-Deus Ex: Timeline
Stop Invisible War from ever happening by using your amazing time travel augmentations.

Kill Switch
7th Feb 2008, 04:35
Why change it? Deus Ex 3 sounds GOD-LIKE!:thumbsup:

Boiny Bunny
7th Feb 2008, 04:53
The title is going to be very important. It will draw people to pick up the box and look at the back. If they see Deus Ex on the cover, most likely they won't be interested. They have no clue what the heck a "Deus Ex" is. That's where marketing comes in.

However marketing won't reach everybody. Which is why the title will be key in getting more sales for the game. Deus Ex 3 needs to have a title that people can relate to. A title that also shows what the game is about.

After thinking for a while I realized that Bioshock has a great title for itself. So Eidos needs to come up with a way to create it's own great title. The title I have come up with is the following:

Deus Ex 3: Entity Prime

Entity comes from the word being which comes from the word nature which was mentioned in the teaser trailer. Also they are trying to discover man's true nature or identity. (Teaser trailer)

Prime comes from the word best which it appears the embryo in the trailer is trying to be.(As whoever is trying to make it genetically superior)

Maybe the Deus Ex should be stripped from the title and just call it what it is, Entity Prime. Then underneath it could be "a deus ex game" or something like that.

That way people aren't scared or shrug it off as it being part 3 and them never having played part 1 or 2.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g314/Unstop4ever/entity_prime_final_boxcovercopy.jpg

What do you guys think :cool: ? Just a lil concept box cover hehe using the first deus ex cover of course.

Sorry, I don't agree at all. Keeping 'Deus Ex' in the title is very VERY important.

Do you think that it would be a good idea for a Half Life 3 to be called something without Half Life in it? Like maybe Black Tower say. People would see the box and thinking it was a no brand game, probably ignore it.

Deus Ex has a reputation as good if not better than Half Life - so it certainly needs to keep the name Deus Ex.

I actually like 'reincarnation' because the title as a whole Deus Ex: Reincarnation kind of says to me we're resurrecting the first game after the second one killed it.

Not that that has anything to do with the content of the game.

But yeah, have to HAVE TO keep the Deus Ex.

AND even though sometimes the first or second games in a trilogy have special names, often the third is just the 3 on the end. It lets you know it's the last one - and supposed to be the most special.

Hell, look at the Halo 3 adds. Bungie only needed to use the '3' to get millions of people worldwide wetting their pants.

rhalibus
7th Feb 2008, 08:49
It needs to be something simple, and to the point:

Deus Ex: Inception
Deus Ex: Genesis
Deus Ex: Initiation
Deus Ex: Foundation

Now, bring on the joke names!

Deus Ex: Electric Boogaloo
Deus Ex: Lambada!
Deus Ex Part XXLMCVII
Deus Ex: Eaauurrggh!
Deus Ex: I Can Has Cheezburger

:)

RedFeather1975
7th Feb 2008, 09:06
:lol:

Electric Boogaloo and Eaauurrggh!

What about...

Deus Ex : The Phantom Leg
Deus Ex : Coolio N' Beans
Deus Ex : Aug Job

SageSavage
7th Feb 2008, 17:02
Deus Ex: Womb Warfare

Deus Ex - Mortal Wombat

jordan_a
7th Feb 2008, 17:15
Hey that thread is cool but the author has forgotten something really important.

What is offered to the guy who's found the title?? :rasp:

AaronJ
7th Feb 2008, 20:32
Satisfaction of knowing he has a good title.

jordan_a
7th Feb 2008, 21:19
We have to figure out something more "prestigious". :D

Caradoc
8th Feb 2008, 01:59
"Deus ex 3 - oops I spilled my drink again!"

payne
8th Feb 2008, 03:07
deusexest:lol:

jordan_a
8th Feb 2008, 13:36
I'm not sure I caught the meaning of this... Even in french. :D

AaronJ
8th Feb 2008, 18:30
You're provoking him by responding to him.

Lucifer
8th Feb 2008, 18:41
Deus Ex FOREVER

RedFeather1975
9th Feb 2008, 04:13
Deus Ex 3 : The One Before Four
or Deus Ex : Super Turbo Edition

Frog
9th Feb 2008, 04:24
Deus Ex: Trinity

Trinity as in this is the 3rd game of the Deus Ex Saga
Trinity as Eidos will give us all 3 games in one package
Trinity as in the game will have 3 endings
Trinity as in their will be 3 ????

:D

Lucifer
9th Feb 2008, 12:22
Deus Ex 3 : The One Before Four
or Deus Ex : Super Turbo Edition

Lol Deus Ex Turbo Edition sounds good :lol: :lol: maybe overclocked :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lo Bruto
10th Feb 2008, 01:31
Deus Ex: Oraculum (Latin for Prophecy, my vote)

Oraculum reminds me Oracle more than Prophecy.

There gotta be another word for it, you know, don't trust 100 percent in these Online Translators.

And what kind of Prophecy does DX have? Or you just picked up a Random "LATIN-OWN-YOU" word?

DON_The_Grey
13th Feb 2008, 21:53
What about:

DEUSEX REBORN

There 's definetely enough latin in the title,
just give it a name with a great sound!
I also like:

Deusex Glooming Sunset
Deusex Bird of Prey
@DeXeXodus >Deusex The denton legacy
@cyberpunk >Deusex machina
maybe >Deusex laputin machine ^^

Deusex IW: mentulam diffututus....(18+)

AaronJ
13th Feb 2008, 22:34
Oraculum reminds me Oracle more than Prophecy.

There gotta be another word for it, you know, don't trust 100 percent in these Online Translators.

And what kind of Prophecy does DX have? Or you just picked up a Random "LATIN-OWN-YOU" word?

Well, like I said before, if it is a prequel and everything in DX1 is revealed to be manipulated, it makes sense and sounds good. Also, don't jump to the conclusion that I'm an idiot, it just makes you look bad. ;)

Lo Bruto
14th Feb 2008, 05:01
Well, like I said before, if it is a prequel and everything in DX1 is revealed to be manipulated, it makes sense and sounds good. Also, don't jump to the conclusion that I'm an idiot, it just makes you look bad. ;)

I just wanted to know what the kind of Prophecy do you think exist in DX ( JC like a Savior of the World of something ) or if you were just picking up latin words or phrases that you think look cool, like a guy before you who posted:
"Deus Ex: Cogito
Deus Ex: Ab Incunabulis
Deus Ex: Frangar non flectar
Deus Ex: Quaere verum
Dues Ex: Tertium quid?"
But didn't translate what the hell these things actually mean.

And stop thinking you're a number 1 victim of haters. You're not the center of the Virtual World of The Eidos Forums.

Peace.

DXeXodus
14th Feb 2008, 06:57
Pleas excuse my ignorance.... but can somebody please tell me how to post a picture. Im reasonably new to forums. So i would greatly appreciate the help.

STTXREDNEK
14th Feb 2008, 11:19
Deus Ex 3: Requiem

Blade_hunter
14th Feb 2008, 17:25
I found some good titles over here

Deus Ex - Oraculum
Deus Ex - Evolution
Deus Ex - Entity prime
Deus Ex - Quaere verum
Deus Ex - Genesis
Deus Ex - Reborn

I haven't any proposal yet but i think there are some choices

MattMan
16th Feb 2008, 03:26
eh i hope they do not add a cheezy addition to the name much like deus ex: entity prime, they should stick with DX3 though sumthing like genesis could work if its a sequal

GruntOwner
16th Feb 2008, 15:46
If it's a prequal, Genesis FTW. It might come down to the themes in the end, if nanites are the theme, and bio-augmentation is a new, incredible breakthrough that you're some kind of guinea pig for, Aryan or Paragon might fit quite well, despite the political correctness issues of the prior. as for joke names, Deus Ex: return of the most awesome rocket launcher ever to grace your processsor seems appropriate, Just pray that they actually bring back the weapon power from the first, none of this 2 headshots with a pistol crap I found on invis war.

g8kpr
16th Feb 2008, 17:02
I personally like the name "Deus Ex Machina" it's simple and builds on the character of the first Deus Ex.

Bio Denton
27th Mar 2008, 13:50
Deus Ex: III

;)

IceBallz
27th Mar 2008, 14:22
Deus Ex : Alpha Trans Omega Maneo = ATOM (Alpaha across Omega to Remain)

:scratch:

Romeo
28th Mar 2008, 06:44
Someone had hinted that this was going to be a prequel (I do believe it's on Wikipedia, although I may be mistaken), but if that's the case, I'd call it Deus Ex: Origins. This would tie in nicely with the trailer, which features an embryo, the origin of a human being. =)

Romeo
28th Mar 2008, 06:48
It's a shame this wasn't the second game, or we could've called it:

2 Deus, 2 Ex-ious.

m72
28th Mar 2008, 07:25
Deus Ex: Dark Age

i like the Deus ex oraculum though

Edx
28th Mar 2008, 16:49
Invisible War was a good name, but most of these are pretty cheesy sorry. But I know how hard it is to come up with a good name!

GruntOwner
28th Mar 2008, 16:52
Deus Ex, Derived from the term Deus Ex Machmina, the term refering to the greek theatrical technique of having someone hoisted onstage dressed as Zeus saying "I love you all, so I'm going to make everything better". You'll have to forgive me saying this but cheesy is what we can only aspire to with half of these names given the competition:p

Romeo
29th Mar 2008, 02:41
I think the best name would be one that had seemingly nothing to do with the game, until the very end where it suddenly made sense. That, or Origin, for the reasons I listed a few posts back.

gamer0004
29th Mar 2008, 10:24
Deus Ex, Derived from the term Deus Ex Machmina, the term refering to the greek theatrical technique of having someone hoisted onstage dressed as Zeus saying "I love you all, so I'm going to make everything better". You'll have to forgive me saying this but cheesy is what we can only aspire to with half of these names given the competition:p

Deus Ex is a Greek theatrical technique in which a devine intervention or something else that hasn't been in the play before solves the problem. Which is kinda like exactly what JCDenton is.

minus0ne
29th Mar 2008, 13:25
Deus Ex is a Greek theatrical technique in which a devine intervention or something else that hasn't been in the play before solves the problem. Which is kinda like exactly what JCDenton is.
Correction: Deus Ex Machina. Deus Ex is a video game ;) Literally translated (finally some use for my ancient Greek education) it means "God from the crane", where the crane (Machina) usually performs some last-minute intervention (but not specifically hoisting someone off or on-stage).

I think it suited the first game perfectly, but I wouldn't mind if they went with a whole different title, since pretty much all suffixes will sound corny, cliched, bland and pretentious (as it is with all suggestions here, no offence).

Dead-Eye
29th Mar 2008, 19:50
Deus Ex 3: Day of Sex (It will be a blockbuster :rasp: )

======Joking ends here======

Deus Ex 3: Singularity

Deus Ex 3: The difference in man

Deus Ex 3: Ghosts of the machine

Deus Ex 3: The difference of degree

Deus Ex 3: The illumination

Deus Ex 3: Beyond limitations

Deus Ex 3: Grasp of the Inviable Hand

Deus Ex 3: Lies of a society

Deus Ex 3: The blood of patriots

Deus Ex 3: Liberty or death

Deus Ex 3: Manipulation of economic inequality

Deus Ex 3: Police state

Deus Ex 3: Truth in lies

Deus Ex 3: Foundation of a nation

Deus Ex 3: The Victors History

Deus Ex 3: Manipulation of Events

Deus Ex 3: Open Truth

All these names express a theme that would be explored in the Deus Ex 3. Deus Ex 1 did a good job of exploring most of theses themes, even if it was brief.

Kneo24
29th Mar 2008, 20:01
Dead-Eye, some of those were great, but some were too simplistic and bland.

Ghosts of the machine is probably your best title and it's something I'd probably choose over one of the latin ones that people have posted (even though every single one of those is excellent just for the sheer fact it's in a different language, and as we all know, different languages are cool and sexy).

gamer0004
2nd Apr 2008, 14:26
Correction: Deus Ex Machina. Deus Ex is a video game ;) Literally translated (finally some use for my ancient Greek education) it means "God from the crane", where the crane (Machina) usually performs some last-minute intervention (but not specifically hoisting someone off or on-stage).

Technically, "Deus Ex" is Latin, not Greek. It means "god from ... ". Machina means machine, which could be a crane, but doesn't nescesarily has to.
And according to Wikipedia: "Warren Spector, executive producer for Deus Ex, has stated the name was both meant as a reference to the various factions in the game who aspire to god-like powers, as well as a dig at the typical video game plot, which tends to be laden with "deus ex machina" artifices and other poor script writing techniques."

Vasarto
2nd Apr 2008, 21:04
Deus Ex:Secrets
Deus Ex:Conspiracy ...I think I spelled it right.
Deus Ex:Liberation
Deus Ex:Invisible Agent
Deus Ex:Shadows
Deus Ex 3?

How are those?

minus0ne
3rd Apr 2008, 10:24
Technically, "Deus Ex" is Latin, not Greek. It means "god from ... ". Machina means machine, which could be a crane, but doesn't nescesarily has to.
I know the phrase deus ex machina is Latin, but the plot device was first used and invented by Greek playwrights (and that's where I learned it from in school, as the phrase was borrowed from the ancient Greek 'apo mechanes theos', I mentioned ancient Greek as it's rarer in paying off than Latin). Machina in this context actually means crane (not machine).

And according to Wikipedia: "Warren Spector, executive producer for Deus Ex, has stated the name was both meant as a reference to the various factions in the game who aspire to god-like powers, as well as a dig at the typical video game plot, which tends to be laden with "deus ex machina" artifices and other poor script writing techniques."
Preaching to the choir here ;)

Vasarto
3rd Apr 2008, 18:11

How about just naming the game.

Deus Ex:Machina

I mean it would make sense since it would be the story before the story right?
Also since machines were more used back than..More than augs and so-forth
It would make alot of sense. Since augmented agents are gonna be in short supply. If memory serves me there was only one agents world wide that had
this and it was paul denton. If I am wrong feel free to correct me anytime now.

HamburgerBoy
4th Apr 2008, 03:15
Deus Ex: I Have A Dream

tvharti
6th Apr 2008, 21:08
Deus Ex: The Stanton Dowd Chronicles

(my favourite character) :D

Rayz
8th Apr 2008, 23:03
Deus Ex: Subsist
Deus Ex: Frailty
Deus Ex: War, war never changes. :rolleyes:
Deus Ex: Mundane
Deus Ex: Loophole
Deux Ex: Extravaganza
Deus Ex: May the future prevail
Deux Ex: Birth of Cyborgs
Deux Ex: Punk'd
Deux Ex: Chuck Norris Edition
Deus Ex: Cookie cutter
Deus Ex: Nerf me plz

Ghostdog
9th Apr 2008, 10:04
I say make a great game, a worthy follow-up to the original, and then just call it Deus Ex 3.

Apollonius
14th May 2008, 06:08
I know the phrase deus ex machina is Latin, but the plot device was first used and invented by Greek playwrights (and that's where I learned it from in school, as the phrase was borrowed from the ancient Greek 'apo mechanes theos', I mentioned ancient Greek as it's rarer in paying off than Latin). Machina in this context actually means crane (not machine).

Preaching to the choir here ;)

Hate to crash the party but Latin is closely related to Ancient Greek anyway :P

Latin is a member of the Italic languages and its alphabet is based on the Old Italic alphabet, derived from the Greek alphabet. Additionally much of the literature and philosophy studied by upper-class Romans had been produced by Greek (usually Athenian) authors.

Being Cypriot myself, a lot of the latin I hear during my study at university is very similar to the dialect Cypriots speak which is more closely related to ancient Greek than the language spoken in modern mainland Greece.

On a lighter note (don’t mind the pun) but I kinda like Deus Ex: Illumination.

Voltaire
16th May 2008, 09:03
If it's a prequel-

If it's a post IW sequel-
Deus Ex: Revelation

Both are upholding the copious religious imagery apparent in the first two games, and are fitting chronologically.

v.dog
18th May 2008, 11:00
...At least until they announce Dues Ex 4.

suizida
18th May 2008, 11:37
Deus ex 3: The Reincarnation
Deus ex 3: Rebourn
Deus ex 3: Inner Conflict

totally random names its hard to make names for something u dont know much about.

SageSavage
18th May 2008, 16:41
"Deus Ex 3" or "Deus Ex III" seems to be the title with the most votes so far. Yes... it could be so easy - get over it!

Just look at GTA IV, it's simple and ultra-successfull. Simple means easy to remember and easy to talk about without the need to use unofficial nicknames. The best names or designs are almost always the simple but elegant ones.

Gary_Savage
18th May 2008, 17:07
While I see your point, I still don't know why I like the idea of a second name. I really liked the IW name when DX2 was announced (though I felt it would have been a very appropriate title for DX1, at the time).

SageSavage
20th May 2008, 22:17
Well those second names try to set a specific mood. Of course it has to be the mood the game is actually trying to deliver. You like it because a good second name gives you associations of something you have desires for but I believe a good product doesn't need cheap advertising tricks like this.

AaronJ
20th May 2008, 23:53
I'm still sticking with Deus Ex: Oraculum. Its got a nice ring to it too.

hashi
21st May 2008, 01:37
It's a shame this wasn't the second game, or we could've called it:

2 Deus, 2 Ex-ious.

3Deus, 3Ex-ious is fine

Jerion
26th May 2008, 03:23
Sorry, I don't agree at all. Keeping 'Deus Ex' in the title is very VERY important.

Do you think that it would be a good idea for a Half Life 3 to be called something without Half Life in it? Like maybe Black Tower say. People would see the box and thinking it was a no brand game, probably ignore it.

Deus Ex has a reputation as good if not better than Half Life - so it certainly needs to keep the name Deus Ex.

I actually like 'reincarnation' because the title as a whole Deus Ex: Reincarnation kind of says to me we're resurrecting the first game after the second one killed it.

Not that that has anything to do with the content of the game.

But yeah, have to HAVE TO keep the Deus Ex.

AND even though sometimes the first or second games in a trilogy have special names, often the third is just the 3 on the end. It lets you know it's the last one - and supposed to be the most special.

Hell, look at the Halo 3 adds. Bungie only needed to use the '3' to get millions of people worldwide wetting their pants.

Gotta agree with that.

here's my ideas:

Deus Ex: Reloaded
Deus Ex: Revolutions

Crap....those have already been taken. :D And by much less worthy titles....shame.

sea
26th May 2008, 14:36
There's really no point in speculating about titles at this point when we know very little about the game's plot (and what we do know has been gleaned from a trailer whose content might not even be definite). All those "cool" titles I've seen thrown around so far in this thread have, frankly, been terrible.

Tejas
8th Jun 2008, 06:11
Im counting the days till DX3 comes out! I cant wait! But nothing can or will ever beat the frist one made so with that said ill think twice before buying it IF IT DOESNT HAVE DXMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jun 2008, 14:19
Oh, I'm staying totally positive about this one. :p

I think the new DX is going to rock and WILL be better than the first one. We know the graphics will be better, obviously, we just need to trust that Eidos Montreal will give us nothing but the best, as far as the plotline and game mechanics are concerned. ;)

Mand'alor The Unholy
15th Jul 2008, 07:17
Deus Ex Machina gets my vote. It just seems the most canon.

Oym
15th Jul 2008, 08:04
I agree , Deus Ex Machina sounds great to me .

El_Bel
15th Jul 2008, 10:29
JesusChrist guys, its too soon don't you think?

gh0s7
15th Jul 2008, 10:40

"Renaissance" has already been taken for the upcoming Disciples 3, so it would be a bad idea, in terms of marketing. ;)

The Awakening, on the other hand, sounds great! :)

jordan_a
15th Jul 2008, 13:51
There's really no point in speculating about titles at this point when we know very little about the game's plot.That's exactly why we do it, to have some fun.

Absentia
15th Jul 2008, 18:13
Deus Ex: A Bomb!

Oym
15th Jul 2008, 18:20
Jock :)

Jerion
15th Jul 2008, 20:25
Deus Ex: Raiders of the Lost Aug. :D

René
15th Jul 2008, 21:22
There are some good, and not-so-good, contributions here. :)

v.dog
15th Jul 2008, 22:39
Deus Ex Machina gets my vote. It just seems the most canon.Just as long as it doesn't live up to its name by having an utterly contrived plot device at the end to bring a satisfactory conclusion.

Absentia
16th Jul 2008, 11:22
I just hope that if they do give the game a subtitle, they'll still include the "3".
There's been instances in the past where sequels lose their canonical position in the title and it means that to anyone oblivious of the series, it sorta looks like it could be the first one. Then people go all "this game is awesome, i'm a huge fan" and then don't realise they've still got 2 others they haven't played, and then I'll come along and say "call yourself a fan? play the first game" and then they'll be like "eww the first one looks horrible" and then they'll get murdered in their sleep.

Coliphorbs
16th Jul 2008, 17:35
Deus Ex: A Bomb!

qft.

Deus Ex: I wanted ORANGE.

Oym
16th Jul 2008, 17:44
Coliphorbs

qft.

Deus Ex: I wanted ORANGE.

Great ! :D

No seriously , what about :

Deus Ex 3 : The Osmosis

AaronJ
16th Jul 2008, 23:25
After long consideration, I vote for Deus Ex 3. Mainly because it indicates it is the third game in the storyline, and not a prequel.

El_Bel
17th Jul 2008, 00:44
Uhm, you want a sequel of IW?

AaronJ
17th Jul 2008, 03:02
Who Is The Newcomer

(damn, my caps have been neutered)

Oym
17th Jul 2008, 06:42
What do you mean by new comer ?

El_Bel
17th Jul 2008, 11:33
I hope they ditch the Deus Ex 3 title. Mainly because it indicates it is the third game in the storyline, and not a prequel. :rasp:

Seriously why do you want such a bad thing to happen on your favorite game?

AaronJ
17th Jul 2008, 14:06
It isn't a bad thing. A prequel would be terrible. I trust Eidos Montreal, but not enough for them to make a prequel out of a project that wasn't originally theirs. Warren Spector and Sheldon Pacotti have the only right prequel idea in their heads, and if that's where it's going to stay, so be it. I would actually prefer Coliphorbs' "standalone story" idea better than a prequel.

Absentia
17th Jul 2008, 18:13
It isn't a bad thing. A prequel would be terrible. I trust Eidos Montreal, but not enough for them to make a prequel out of a project that wasn't originally theirs. Warren Spector and Sheldon Pacotti have the only right prequel idea in their heads, and if that's where it's going to stay, so be it. I would actually prefer Coliphorbs' "standalone story" idea better than a prequel.

Seconded.
It is much easier and much more effective and believable (from the perspective of a company adopting somebody else's game) to advance chronologically from where the games left off. I bet Warren and Pacotti weren't totally sure of what was going to happen in the future, but they knew a great load about their own characters' back-stories, because that is how they have been defined. A prequel would simply put their ideas to shame, as well as being a tricky task to pull off. From what I've gathered from interviews and particularly from the words of Mr. D'Astous, I don't think Eidos Montreal are stupid enough nor disrespecting enough to make a prequel.

And what was wrong with IW in terms of storyline? Yes, game wasnt too good blah blah blah blah but the storyline was fine really....some of things were great - for instance, I actually liked the fact that JC had turned into a computerised weirdo. It shows that this world really is so screwed up that even our "heroes" can become corrupted by technology.

AaronJ
17th Jul 2008, 18:20
Absentia, you are 100% correct. HOPEFULLY they aren't that stupid. I also agree with your IWar comment.

payne
19th Jul 2008, 10:19
deus ex freedom!:cool:

Romeo
20th Jul 2008, 11:08
Deus Ex: Visible War. Nah, just kidding. On a serious how about:

Deus Ex: Regenisis.

Or...

Deus Ex: Renivatio (Latin for rebirth).

Oym
20th Jul 2008, 11:14
Deus Ex : Renaissance :)

It's french ^^

Romeo
20th Jul 2008, 11:19
Deus Ex Trois.

Deus Ex: Le debut (si c'est un prequel).

Deux Ex: La création.

If we have french, I want to see it in the character's name. I always thought DuBlanc or De La Morte were lovely sounding last names. Personal taste.

Oym
20th Jul 2008, 11:21
What about Deus Ex : Revolution ?

Romeo
20th Jul 2008, 11:26
What about Deus Ex : Revolution ?

Make it Deus Ex: Révolution, and you got yourself a decent name. =)

Oym
20th Jul 2008, 11:32
Actually I'd prefer seeing the english name :

Deus Ex : REvolution .

If it's all about that .. :rolleyes:

gh0s7
20th Jul 2008, 13:58
Deus Ex : Renaissance :)

It's french ^^

"Renaissance" has already been taken for the upcoming Disciples 3, so it would be a bad idea, in terms of marketing. ;)

Source: Page 5 in this topic (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74968&page=5)

Oym
20th Jul 2008, 14:28
I see , then I guess you're right :)

Romeo
21st Jul 2008, 05:48
I still like Renevatio. Sounds like it belongs after Deus Ex somehow.

Oym
21st Jul 2008, 08:27
When I think that the game will maybe realease as " Deus Ex 3 " and that's all , this is for me a lof of fun :D .

Romeo
22nd Jul 2008, 04:08
It'd be cool if they simply called it "Three". Well, maybe not, but how cool of a title would that be for something?

gh0s7
22nd Jul 2008, 20:36
Coming to think of it, calling a prequel "3/Three" is somewhat contradictory, no?
After all, it should've been the first, so perhaps a title without any references to being the third title would be better...

Could be wrong, of course. ;)

jordan_a
22nd Jul 2008, 22:18
It'd be cool if they simply called it "Three".Actually I'm very interested in that. Do you think that the number 3 should be in the title?

To my mind no. Marketing reason: casual gamers who do not know the DX franchise, and they are numerous, could think that they have missed too much and not buy it, much like with films.

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 04:18
I think from a personal point of view I would prefer the name to simply be Deus Ex 3. But I do agree with jordan_a's point regarding first time players and newcomers to the series. They may indeed feel that they are too far behind and there is no point in purchasing the game.

On the other hand, however, many people have only played the later iterations of game franchises. I ask alot of people about this sort of thing and the amount of people who have played Half-Life 2 but not the original is quite large. The same applies for most other franchises like Quake, Thief, TR, etc. So maybe the number doesn't matter then, they will purchase it anyway if it is marketed correctly.

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 07:38
Yes, sadly, and I can't believe I'm about to say this: We do need to introduce new gamers to the Deus Ex universe. I don't believe the members of these forums would constitute a large enough audience to warrent making another game. lol

Kevyne-Shandris
23rd Jul 2008, 07:43
Actually I'm very interested in that. Do you think that the number 3 should be in the title?

To my mind no. Marketing reason: casual gamers who do not know the DX franchise, and they are numerous, could think that they have missed too much and not buy it, much like with films.

At the same time, to change the title so radically could cause them a loss, too. Take for example what Monolith with be doing with the F.E.A.R. franchise -- dropping the F.E.A.R. title (as Universal/Vivendi owns it), and renaming their game "Project Origin".

That's what I hope NEVER happens to the DX franchise, renaming the entire series itself.

Deus Ex [and byline] would suffice.

What I love to see is that they'll use the old DX text logo (custom logos [not just off-the-shelf fonts] is so lacking in games today). The logo for DX is art, which is an advertizement for the game itself. It's why I used it in my sig, and added the "3" (makes it look a little more technical, even). Hopefully, the devs will add a few logos for black and white backgrounds in the SDK (much like the DICE devs did with BF2142 -- helps with promotions).

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 08:10
[QUOTE=Scadvid;779177]What I love to see is that they'll use the old DX text logo (custom logos [not just off-the-shelf fonts] is so lacking in games today). The logo for DX is art....QUOTE]

That is so true. The text logo from the original Deus Ex looks like alot of love and effort was put into it and that is the kind of thing that represents a polished game and attracts people to it. Even though it is a small detail it can add alot overall.

gamer0004
9th Aug 2008, 19:46
It's gonna be "Deus ex: the visible war"
I know this for sure :rasp:

Deus Ex: Visible War. Nah, just kidding. On a serious how about:

Enough stupid jokes for now, we've seen them all :P

Psychomorph
9th Aug 2008, 21:22
"Trans Deus Ex" or "Deus Ex Transition".

Romeo
10th Aug 2008, 00:28
Enough stupid jokes for now, we've seen them all :P
Deus Ex: Breakthrough.

Thereotically, it's fits if it's a sequel, as it makes sense for every single ending from Invisible War.

Jerion
10th Aug 2008, 06:03
I'm a little too lazy to read all the pages in this topic...so what about,

Deus Ex: Ghosts in the Machine

Romeo
10th Aug 2008, 06:32
That's kinda cool. I prefer one word though, like Deus Ex: Ghosts.

Jerion
10th Aug 2008, 06:35
That's kinda cool. I prefer one word though, like Deus Ex: Ghosts.

That's a little close to that mythical starcraft game that never got made. :P

Romeo
10th Aug 2008, 06:47
Haha, I thought of that after I posted, but it could sound more like that Starcraft game if it was called Deus Ex: Vaporware. LOL

gh0s7
10th Aug 2008, 18:55
I'm a little too lazy to read all the pages in this topic...so what about,

Deus Ex: Ghosts in the Machine

Mr. Masamune Shirow might not agree... ;)

Jimmy Rabbitte
10th Aug 2008, 22:31
A little too similar to the manga/anime/film series that everyone on this forum should know and love.

I like 3.

Psychomorph
11th Aug 2008, 00:39
Deus Ex Helix

jordan_a
11th Aug 2008, 01:02
Deus Ex Helix
Taken by SOF 2 already.

Lo Bruto
11th Aug 2008, 01:20
Deus Ex : Majestic
Deus Ex : The Simons Chronicles

Ok, I'm a fanboy. :(

Psychomorph
11th Aug 2008, 01:42
Taken by SOF 2 already.
That would be "Double Helix", not the same.

jordan_a
11th Aug 2008, 02:17
It is the same precisely.

Romeo
11th Aug 2008, 05:53
No, it is Double Helix, I have the game in my hand. But even still, Helix and Double Helix are too similar.

Psychomorph
11th Aug 2008, 09:28
Even if similar, both games have nothing in common, so where is the problem?

ookami
12th Sep 2008, 01:59
Deus Ex 2, since they haven't actually used it yet. ;)

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 02:11
Deus Ex 3.14: The Life of Pi Denton.

DXeXodus
12th Sep 2008, 04:07
Deus Ex 3.14: The Life of Pi Denton.

I lol'd :lol:

Deus Ex 3: Augmented pigeon racing - TURBO EDITION

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 06:06
Yeah, but then our acronym would be DX: APR: TE. Sounds like some prescription you'd take before buying a new car.

TrickyVein
29th Sep 2008, 13:10
Deus Ex: Mechanimus Maximus

Romeo
29th Sep 2008, 20:27
Deus Ex: Treme.

JCDentonMale
8th Oct 2008, 04:50
Deus Ex: Wife :D

Deus Ex: Ignition

Deus Ex : Prequel (simply?)

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 05:01
Seems to be just Deus Ex 3 so far......

piippo
8th Oct 2008, 15:12
Cogito isn't really on top of my list but :) It sounds bit off. Something in greek would be nice.

jordan_a
8th Oct 2008, 15:25
Or chinese like

Deus Ex : Um goi jie guo

^^ :nut:

Jerion
8th Oct 2008, 15:41
Deus Ex: The Nanotech War (too similar to IWar, IMO)

Deus Ex: When Security Guards Strike Back (Just because)

Deus Ex: The nightmare before lunch. (I'm hungry).

jordan_a
8th Oct 2008, 15:43
We have to convey the idea that we're on the verge of nano modification but not there yet.

3nails4you
8th Oct 2008, 15:44
Why not just go ahead with Deus Ex Machina? It has always seemed appropriate to me, I would love to have them go ahead and use it.

Romeo
8th Oct 2008, 15:52
I don't know, I kinda liked the fact that Warren never bothered finishing that sentence. If we call it Deus Ex Machina, we'll have ruined his procrastination.

(For those of you who are lost, Deus Ex Machina translates to "From Machine, God", but seeing as how the Machina part was left out, the quote is and has always been incomplete).

Bloodwolf806
8th Oct 2008, 16:36
Deus Ex 3 seems to fit pretty well.:cool:

DXeXodus
8th Oct 2008, 17:22
It might very well be called Deus Ex 3: Renaissance. The new scanned images have the word renaissance above the "Deus Ex 3". I personally wouldn't be surprised.

gh0s7
8th Oct 2008, 22:33
It might very well be called Deus Ex 3: Renaissance. The new scanned images have the word renaissance above the "Deus Ex 3". I personally wouldn't be surprised.

And I'm still thinking that doing so would be equal to the devs* shooting their own foot; just google for "World of Disciples".

* the devs in question would be the latter to release their title, as the first to hit the shelves would likely confuse and overshadow the last, IMHO.

piippo
9th Oct 2008, 01:19
I don't know, I kinda liked the fact that Warren never bothered finishing that sentence. If we call it Deus Ex Machina, we'll have ruined his procrastination.

(For those of you who are lost, Deus Ex Machina translates to "From Machine, God", but seeing as how the Machina part was left out, the quote is and has always been incomplete).

There is a old PC game named as such already in existence, although I doubt they have trademarks on it anymore? Also, since it's a common saying I guess it wouldn't be a problem from that side. Deus Ex feels more unique, that's all I say.

Igoe
9th Oct 2008, 02:32
I'm also betting on the Renaissance title.

I wasn't going to say anything about it, but after all the stuff I've seen and Rene saying that the Renaissance style was done for a veyr specific reason, AND looking at all of the background artwork for the game, I find it VERY likely DX3 will very soon become known as Deus Ex: Renaissance.

Or at the very least its the dev's working title before PR gets ahold of it and destroys their baby before shipping.

3nails4you
9th Oct 2008, 02:39
I sincerely hope they just stick with 3. Deus Ex: Renaissance just sounds really cornball...

DXeXodus
9th Oct 2008, 03:57
I also prefer just calling it Deus Ex 3. However, were they to use the sub-title of "Renaissance", I wouldn't mind all that much.

Jerion
9th Oct 2008, 08:31
Deus Ex: Shadow of Intent

Just sounds kinda cool to me, and seems to indicate to me a beginning of a descent from the "Golden Age" Renaissance feel into the Dystopia of the 2050s.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Oct 2008, 09:32
Just "Deus Ex 3" is enough... simplicity says it all and prompts only positive thought of the original. :cool:
As far as the game title is concerned, its a case of "less means more", definitely.

jordan_a
12th Oct 2008, 15:02
No 3. Unless you don't want to sell your game.

Jets Connor
12th Oct 2008, 20:06
Deus Ex: The Phantom Menace

Deus Ex: First Contact

Deus Ex 2: Episode One

Deus Ex 2: Episode Negative Three

Deus Ex: Snowblind

Deus Ex: odus

Chronicles of Deus Ex: The Tale of Prince Adam

Deus Ex: Blue Shift

Deus Ex: The Back of The Bus

gh0s7
12th Oct 2008, 21:32
(....)

Deus Ex: Blue Shift

(....)

:thumbsup: Thumbs up for that one. ;) :lol:

pauldenton
12th Oct 2008, 23:00
Invisible war 2 - pre teen sellout version!

AaronJ
12th Oct 2008, 23:39

Cut me deep.

gamer0004
16th Oct 2008, 13:52
Preferably "Not Deus Ex - Renaissance" or just "Deus Ex - Renaissance" or something similar. I don't want that 3 anymore. I think this game will be totally awesome, but it is still a downright offense to nearly everything that DX was.

JCD
16th Oct 2008, 19:22
Deus Ex - Initium

(it's latin for Beginning ;))

Kaze103
16th Oct 2008, 20:28
I like the sound of Deus Ex: Renaissance =)

DXeXodus
17th Oct 2008, 04:13
Definitely Deus Ex: Visible WAR. :D

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/DXeXodus/Cover-1.jpg

NOTE: This is an obvious joke

Jerion
17th Oct 2008, 04:42
Definitely Deus Ex: Visible WAR. :D

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm5/DXeXodus/Cover-1.jpg

NOTE: This is an obvious joke

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

MY EYES!

THEY BURN!

DXeXodus
17th Oct 2008, 05:09
Indeed. Once I finished it I stood back and gazed upon the abomination. "What have I created!" I said while I began to cry.

Jerion
17th Oct 2008, 06:56
Deus Ex: The Genesis Project :nut:

Abram730
18th Oct 2008, 19:50
I like the sound of Deus Ex: Renaissance =)

same here, I like Renaissance
or
Deus Ex: Prognatus Iterum
That sounds very Latin..
perhaps
Deus Ex: Primoris
meaning: first, foremost, at the top, uppermost
leaving the rebirth unsaid as machina goes unsaid. Primoris also goes with the idea of top cities, vertical building, and the fight for evolution threw technology vs the messy process of evolution. the black plague was a messy process of evolution that lead to the Renaissance.
A Transcendence threw technology.
Adam Jensen born again or the first person not to get Aug's just as prosthetics but to replace his arms and legs. There is morally, a big difference in that. Instead of doctor please don't save my other leg.. it's Doctor cut off my other leg. I want all prosthetics. Perhaps that is the hook. That is something that has powerful men interested... A living precedence to change what is known as prosthetics into Augmentations. A planned event. Huge money in convincing people to Augment themselves vs just making prosthetic limbs. So perhaps in game media is attempting to redefine prosthetics during the game. A subtle campaign to redefine what it means to be human, that the player may or may not pick up on. Why should a bot replace a human worker when a augmented human could do the job just as well. If prosthetics are better then the limb they replaced then they are "Augmentations". Thus to say humans shouldn't be augmented is to say humans should loose their jobs to bots. Perhaps some human purists argue augmented people are monsters.

Perhaps there is a clash between monetary systems and resource systems. People living in monetary system would be given different view of the New Golden Age of replacing all human workers with robots. Perhaps elites fighting a resource based economy. See The Venus Project for the idea of a resource based economy.
http://www.thevenusproject.com/

ewanlaing
18th Oct 2008, 20:01
It'll probably be something lame like "Deus Ex: Genesis" or, even worse "Deus Ex: The Beginning".

Abram730
18th Oct 2008, 20:16

Let's hope not.

"A survey found the average video game player's age is 33 years old.
Surprisingly, 25% of the people that filled out ESA's survey were over 50 years old."

pre teens can disassociate from the complexities and that's OK.. To leave them out is to cheat your main audience.

Voltaire
19th Oct 2008, 13:36
Let's hope not.

"A survey found the average video game player's age is 33 years old.
Surprisingly, 25% of the people that filled out ESA's survey were over 50 years old."

pre teens can disassociate from the complexities and that's OK.. To leave them out is to cheat your main audience.

Don't tell me nobody here has ever clicked 1901 on the drop down "year of birth" category on an online survey... :whistle:

Wildeheart
25th Nov 2008, 23:29
I quoted this name idea in my other thread but I'd love it to be:

Deus Ex 3: The Fall of Liberty

I'm guessing the game will go a long way towards pointing out the restriction of freedom and liberty as we enter the new Orwellian nightmare society shown in Deus Ex, not to mention the hella cool reference to the first mission of DX1 at the destroyed statue of lady liberty.

It'd make for some pretty amazing box art too, the statue of liberty is an icon of american individual freedom something which is about to go the way of the dinosaurs by 2052 as we all know from Deus Ex 1 ;)

Wildeheart
27th Nov 2008, 02:52
How about:

Deus Ex: Exordium

(Exordium is latin for "The Beginning" ;) )

Igoe
27th Nov 2008, 03:25
Deus Ex: Oh God We're Sorry We Learned Our Lesson, We Promise. Seriously. We Hired Good Writers And Our Artists Are Working Really Hard To Give The Game A Visual Hook Also AJ Can Do More Cool Things And We Won't Put The Leech Life Aug In Your Feet Because We're Good Like That, You Gotta Believe Us We're All Working Really Hard To Revive The Franchise We Just Need Good Media Buzz, Please Tell Your Friends We're Back, Just One More Fix, Honest, You Know We're Good For It!!

Or, DX:OGWSWLOLWPSWHGWAOAAWRHTGTGAVHAAJCDMCTAWWPTLLAIYFBWGLTYGBUWAWRHTRTFWJNGMBPTYFWBJOMFHYKWGFI

I think it's kinda catchy.

FrankGuy
27th Nov 2008, 05:43
The problem is the dead language. Modern shoppers don't know Latin.
Deus Ex sounds like it's for some kind of slack-jawed sissy nerdy wordy type.
The words have to reach right out of the box and grab the customer by the attentionators.

Do Sex: It's Hawt!
Day you fax:Postal
Deuce X:The second mystery
De use Axe:Give em' whacks

Modern marketing! Noam sane?

GmanPro
27th Nov 2008, 09:05
^^
I know Latin :cool:

...er not very well. But I took two years of it in high school. :thumbsup:

Pete278
27th Nov 2008, 09:24
How about:

Deus Ex: Exordium

(Exordium is latin for "The Beginning" ;) )

I like it. Its short, nice, straight to the point and fits the theme.

FrankGuy
27th Nov 2008, 16:45
^^
I know Latin :cool:

...er not very well. But I took two years of it in high school. :thumbsup:

Of course you do. Those of us who love Deus Ex love it precisely for it's literate depth. But we are in the minority and the marketing guys know this. Thus my satirical post. Look at the cover on Invisible War. A twenty something man who looked nothing like the game character with the hairdo of a 14 year old holding his pistol sideways like some kind of hip hop gangster. That's the marketing department's approach to selling the casual shopper. It does not fit the game but they tried. And they will try again. It's their job! Buckle up it's a bumpy ride from here to there! :)

GmanPro
27th Nov 2008, 18:32
*shudder* ^^

AaronJ
14th Jan 2009, 01:31
As long as they don't call it something immensely stupid, like the obvious "Deus Ex: Renaissance"...

And if they call it Deus Ex Machina, I'm organizing a mass suicide.

iWait
14th Jan 2009, 02:36
As long as they don't call it something immensely stupid, like the obvious "Deus Ex: Renaissance"...

And if they call it Deus Ex Machina, I'm organizing a mass suicide.

Make sure to bring extra kool aid for me :thud:
:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Spiffmeister
14th Jan 2009, 03:51
It would help if we knew what the game was about (tries reverse psychology on EM to make them tell us about DX3).

I like "Deus Ex: Exordium" that Wildeheart said though :D .

Assuming its set when mods start to come in it could be called something like "Deus Ex: Origins" though, as in the origins of biomods :D .

Or Deus Ex: Renaissance...
Because it sounds kewl :p.

GmanPro
14th Jan 2009, 04:11
^^ you mean like Dragon Age: Origins?

lol already taken

René
14th Jan 2009, 15:01
How about Deus Y?

/put on flak jacket

KaiTenSatsuma
14th Jan 2009, 15:54
How about Deus Y?

/put on flak jacket

:lol: you'll need more than flak for that one.

hm... Deus Ex: Generations?

ilweran
14th Jan 2009, 15:55
How about Deus Y?

As it's a prequel wouldn't it be Deus W?

AaronJ
14th Jan 2009, 16:25
How about Deus Y?

/put on flak jacket

I lol'd

3nails4you
14th Jan 2009, 16:38
Deus XYZ?

If it ends up being a prequel in which we see the world starting to go to heck, the maybe something like "Deus Ex: Shadow's Edge" or something to that effect. Maybe "Deus Ex: Deep Breath" if the next one is "Deus Ex: Plunge".

^If you get the reference then you get a cookie!

teknikal-vision
14th Jan 2009, 16:39
The absence of sunglasses on protagonist Alex D or JC (it was a sin to have a JC minus the sunnies!) in Deus Ex: Invisible War, and the joyous return to form with AJ's awesome shades in DX3 makes me think this is quite appropriate:

Deus Ex: Now With Specs! :cool:

It'll be a red and white sunsplash sticker on the game box. :D Advetising ploy. Mehhehehe.

René
14th Jan 2009, 18:37

Does it involve super-intelligent sharks that can swim backwards? ;)

3nails4you
14th Jan 2009, 20:51
Not one bit. Sorry, no cookie.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Jan 2009, 23:26
As it's a prequel wouldn't it be Deus W?

Good point! :p :D

Blade_hunter
15th Jan 2009, 21:22
Deus Ex: The genetic disorder :rasp:

Jerion
15th Jan 2009, 22:06
Deus XYZ?

If it ends up being a prequel in which we see the world starting to go to heck, the maybe something like "Deus Ex: Shadow's Edge" or something to that effect. Maybe "Deus Ex: Deep Breath" if the next one is "Deus Ex: Plunge".

Shadows Edge is a little too reminiscent of Mirrors Edge (fantastic game, btw). But that got me thinking of this:

Deus Ex: Majestic Shadows.

It's almost as corny as Renaissance, but it hints at the darkness to come from Majestic 12.

Voltaire
15th Jan 2009, 23:59
It should be called Deus ExBox
That way it'll be really easy to market to the console market, specifically 360 users. The single player game could be a non-chronological set of one-off globetrotting missions, each set by a well known face from DX1, compiling a campaign that lasts four (4!) whole hours of gameplay. The jewel in DXB's crown will be the implementation of Xbox live technology into a co-operative, left4dead style play experience, with random players joining in your game at any point. There's pretty much no limit to the number of players, as the protagonists don't have any scripted lines, making the story telling exciting and compelling in the same way that FarCry2's is.

:thumb: Deus ExBox, Winter '09.

i really don't fell well any more

iWait
16th Jan 2009, 00:59
It should be called Deus ExBox
That way it'll be really easy to market to the console market, specifically 360 users. The single player game could be a non-chronological set of one-off globetrotting missions, each set by a well known face from DX1, compiling a campaign that lasts four (4!) whole hours of gameplay. The jewel in DXB's crown will be the implementation of Xbox live technology into a co-operative, left4dead style play experience, with random players joining in your game at any point. There's pretty much no limit to the number of players, as the protagonists don't have any scripted lines, making the story telling exciting and compelling in the same way that FarCry2's is.

:thumb: Deus ExBox, Winter '09.

i really don't fell well any more

Fable 2

Dahante
16th Jan 2009, 08:48
Deus Ex 3 - Deus Ex Machina

is what I prefer. I wouldn't make any Latin titles without cognant words, or it might not catch buyers' interest.

AaronJ
16th Jan 2009, 22:57
Deus Ex 3 - Deus Ex Machina

is what I prefer. I wouldn't make any Latin titles without cognant words, or it might not catch buyers' interest.

brb going to the nearest grocery store.

Jerion
16th Jan 2009, 23:45
I here there's a special deal on tomatoes. :D

jordan_a
17th Jan 2009, 00:18
Let him breath it's the guy's first post. :D

SageSavage
17th Jan 2009, 01:05
Deus Ex: For The Third Time

AaronJ
17th Jan 2009, 01:10
I like the meaning, but it just sounds weird.

My vote is still Deus Ex: Oraculum. Fits as a prequel.

SageSavage
17th Jan 2009, 01:17
After all this months and suggestions, I am still convinced that it would be best to simply call it Deus Ex 3. Obviously that is what Eidos Montreal thought when they put this name on all those banners and promo-stuff... ;) Why on earth should they be interested in changing that for the final release?

Jerion
17th Jan 2009, 01:20
After all this months and suggestions, I am still convinced that it would be best to simply call it Deus Ex 3. Oviously that is what Eidos Montreal thought when they put this name on all those banners and promo-stuff... ;) Why on earth should they be interested in changing that for the final release?

A better question is....Why aren't they using the old DX logo, complete with machine text?

SageSavage
17th Jan 2009, 01:22
Nah, my question was better. :cool:

ilweran
17th Jan 2009, 11:12
A better question is....Why aren't they using the old DX logo, complete with machine text?

To distance it from Invisible War? I liked the old DX logo, it don't feel right without it.

AaronJ
22nd Jan 2009, 16:23
I liked the old DX logo, it don't feel right without it.

Damn straight.

luminar
22nd Jan 2009, 19:27
how about Deus Ex: Stepping Stone. (because of the quote in the trailer, who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become. i think that was in there.)

or Deus Ex: Enlightenment

or Deus Ex: Mechanical Soul

or finnally Deus Ex: Your Mom. (it could be a horror theme. LOL! JK.

but personally i do like either just Deus Ex 3 or Deus Ex: Oraculum.

Romeo
3rd Feb 2009, 07:26
Deus Ex: LoLcats
Deus Ex: Oral Hygiene
Deus Ex: Toyko Drift
Deus FedEx

WhatsHisFace
4th Feb 2009, 00:40
I know Eidos LOVES to give games subtitles, and just can't get enough of removing numerals from their games, but seriously, Deus Ex is bigger than they are.

Give it the grand "Halo" treatment and just put a number after it. It makes it more special.

GmanPro
4th Feb 2009, 01:23
I agree, Deus Ex 3 sounds cool enough.

singularity
4th Feb 2009, 02:20
Putting a number after a name that has been out of the spotlight for a long time is a bad marketing move (I'm still surprised Fallout 3 was released as is). Also, I hate putting a number on a game that is a prequel, because technically, it isn't actually Deus Ex 3 -- it would be Deus Ex .5. And to add to it, Invisible War and The Conspiracy (PS2 port) didn't feature a numeral either -- keeping with the tradition of no numerals helps to keep the names pure, in my opinion (and if they make a 4th or 5th, adding more numbers just starts to get hokey). More Latin at the end also doesn't bode well for sales.

I fully support a subtitle only (and it looks like that is the route Eidos is thinking of, with the new site and what-not).

And now, after all that typing, tying to support my opinion on having a subtitle, I don't actually have a good subtitle to contribute...

I like in sticking with the whole cyberpunk theme. Mechanical Soul sounded pretty good from luminar -- rolls off the tongue and intriguing. Or even something like Darkend Skies, or Artificial Dreams, or Automated Dawn. Something that alludes to blurring the line between biology and technology.

GmanPro
4th Feb 2009, 02:38
Its very simple. Add a subtitle if you must but, keep the 3.

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

- the subtitle is a nice touch, but everyone still just refers to it as BG2.

itsalladream
4th Feb 2009, 03:04
Deus EX: Conspiracy Alpha

WhatsHisFace
4th Feb 2009, 03:57
Darkend Skies

That was the Skittles game.

Subtitles are pretentious, always sound like ass, and are never what the game is referenced as anyway.

GmanPro
4th Feb 2009, 04:13
^^ Except for BG2. And Morrowind, and Oblivion, and countless others.

WhatsHisFace
4th Feb 2009, 04:45
^^ Except for BG2. And Morrowind, and Oblivion, and countless others.

The ElderScrolls series does it right. "Morrowind" and "Oblivion" are actual settings of the adventure. "Shadows of Amn" means absolutely **** to me.

"Shadows" is so overused in subtitles as well. In fact, there's a list of words overused in subtitles. Eidos should read that puppy.

GmanPro
4th Feb 2009, 05:58
BG2 took place in the country of Amn, and the shadows part worked well because it referred to to the dark and shadowy parts of the place. Major parts of the game have you dealing with the Shadow Thieves or Vampires, and at one point you go to the Underdark and epic adventure ensues.

What about Star Wars. You think it is enough to just call them Episode I - VI ??

Thief:
-The Dark Project
-The Metal Age
-Deadly Shadows

Neverwinter Nights:
-Shadows of Undrentide
-Hordes of the Underdark

Neverwinter Nights 2:
-Mask of the Betrayer
-Storm of Zehir

(It would be mega fail if they just called them NWN - expansion pack 1 and 2 etc)

Prince of Persia:
-Sands of Time
-Warrior Within
-Two Thrones

Dawn of War:
-Winter Assault
-Dark Crusade
-Soulstorm

You get the point. The subtitle doesn't need to just be the location for it to be good.

Oh and go play Baldur's Gate

jordan_a
4th Feb 2009, 11:18
keep the 3.Why?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Feb 2009, 11:19
Why?

Because, sometimes, less-means-more. :cool:

Jerion
4th Feb 2009, 11:21
Because, sometimes, less-means-more. :cool:

I say they spell it out for us, lay it on the line. It should be called,

"Deus Ex Three"

:D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Feb 2009, 11:22
Yes indeed. :D

jamhaw
4th Feb 2009, 16:23
I would really hate it if they don't put a subtitle on it and and I really don't like the three. It's a prequel it should be 0 if anything.