PDA

View Full Version : NEW Features

Tracer Tong
20th Jan 2008, 13:13
Hello there,

After many topics about what to keep/toss, I'd like to start a "New Features" topic.

My suggestions are as follows:

A new Interrogate/Speechcraft skill which works a la "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines", meaning new options for dialogs, maybe colored differently or with different font. This thing would help solve ways in other ways (such as the soldiers not letting you in the USN base, or the (Hil)Ton hotel JoJo incident in peacekeeping ways), this could lead into another way of solving problems, without weapons.
Eavesdropping (as an augmentation that could let you hear through walls), could be amazing and immersive to hear other people talk about you, without sneaking.

[NEW STUFF, 20/4/08 (3 months anniversary)]

Unarmed fighting skill
Seeing your body (i.e. self shadowing and seeing your legs, which is very much possible due to the Tomb Raider engine, which is mostly 3rd person, so the camera just needs to be located in Emile's (protagonist's nickname, please continue this) head)
Bioweapons, and more awesome stuff
No overheating please (it ruins the game and the original thought of that gameplay element was taken into account when infinite shooting is possible and the game needs balancing, but since we have reload time we don't really need that feature)
UnrealED-styled SDK. Simplistic and mod-oriented
Multiplayer (at least DM) potential capabilities

That's all I have, any other ideas? :rolleyes:

AaronJ
20th Jan 2008, 17:06
I too was thinking of a Sound aug.

Grant_Weaver
20th Jan 2008, 19:15
Wow, that eavesdropping aug sounds AWESOME, and could serve two functions. Obviously, it would be useful to obtain things like keypad codes/hidden items/etc when eavesdropping on enemy troops, but it could also greatly enhance the storyline. One of the greatest things about DX1 was that the depth of the story was up to you. If you didn't want to read the newspapers, datacubes, email messages, etc etc it was up to you. An eavesdropping aug would be great for people who want to expand their understanding of the story.

SageSavage
20th Jan 2008, 19:27
I am still for a pick pocketing-skill. It would support non-violent ways of playing the game a lot. I like the idea of the speechcraft-skill, too.

AaronJ
20th Jan 2008, 19:36
I like the sound of pick-pocketing too. I'd also like an influence mod. Like bot domination on humans, only it could only work on augged humans to prevent it from being cheap.

Grant_Weaver
20th Jan 2008, 20:39
Wouldn't it make more sense to only work on modded people?

AaronJ
20th Jan 2008, 21:09
Dammit, that's what I meant. Edited.

AI Prototype
21st Jan 2008, 00:27
A new Interrogate/Speechcraft skill which works a la "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines", meaning new options for dialogs, maybe colored differently or with different font. This thing would help solve ways in other ways (such as the soldiers not letting you in the USN base, or the (Hil)Ton hotel JoJo incident in peacekeeping ways), this could lead into another way of solving problems, without weapons.
Eavesdropping (as an augmentation that could let you hear through walls), could be amazing and immersive to hear other people talk about you, without sneaking.

I'm not sure I like the interrogation skill. I enjoyed Deus Ex's skills being physical feats and techniques rather that basic mental skills. It was a game you had to figure out with your own mind, not rack up some XP and unlock a new "ability" that would do the thinking for you. Deus Ex's dialog trees still allowed you to manipulate characters and avoid or instigate fights, it just didn't incorporate bright colours to tell the dumb people "say this to insult the other person" and "say this to gratify the other person."

That's not to say there's no worth in the gameplay ramifications of being able to focus on character traits over physical attributes; Vampire Bloodlines was awesome.

I'm more into that eavesdropping aug though. They had telescopic vision, so why not? It could be cool if it augmented all sound and not specifically dialog, so from a rooftop you could listen in on a specific spot and locate cameras/turrets/patrols or whatever.

Rosenrot
21st Jan 2008, 09:04
I think they should do a dialog system like Mass Effect's that was clearly one of the strongest parts of the game, of course with bigger sentences though. lol

Tracer Tong
21st Jan 2008, 16:26
Actually, I think that pickpocketing is a good idea, but human domination isn't that great of a feature. I try to think about incorporating it into the game without it being so overpowered and I can't. Also, from the nanotech standpoint I think that it's impossible to connect to another nanotech body without being physically connected. It works with RC bots but not with people.

One heavily overpowered augmentation relating to that matter is a "killswitch". Whoever has mech-hands would explode, same goes for legs. And if the target is nano (which, if this game is a prequel, is impossible) or fully mechaugmented, it'll be like Gunther/Anna's killswitch. Again, just an idea, not a good one, but an idea.

P.S. (-al | attach....Streets clear, no danger.) I'm really glad you liked the sound amplification augmentation. Now I hope that a dev will read this one.

P.P.S. I think that amplifying other sounds would be unplayable (think RAIN, fellas, every drop of it).

[EDIT] @Globalnode: Are you the same globalnode who analyzed the teaser? Well done!!

jd10013
21st Jan 2008, 16:45
I'm not so much concerned about new features as I am of old. I want a skill system again. I want large sandbox levels. I want a variety of weapons that use different ammo. I want stealth, localized damage (both player and NPC's), a strong story, and multiple solutions to problems.

Tracer Tong
22nd Jan 2008, 09:25
I'm not so much concerned about new features as I am of old. I want a skill system again. I want large sandbox levels. I want a variety of weapons that use different ammo. I want stealth, localized damage (both player and NPC's), a strong story, and multiple solutions to problems.

I was talking about new features, that weren't available (unlike huge levels and body-part damage), not features that already exist and can be upgraded to some extent.

Again, if you have NEW features to suggest, feel free :D

Freddo
22nd Jan 2008, 10:06
Good thinking Tracer Tong :)

The Deus Ex 3 developers could "borrow" a lot of ideas from VtM: Bloodlines. Excellent game, which share many gameplay aspects of the first Deus Ex, even if they are still quite different.

Laputin Man
22nd Jan 2008, 18:25
Good thinking Tracer Tong :)

The Deus Ex 3 developers could "borrow" a lot of ideas from VtM: Bloodlines. Excellent game, which share many gameplay aspects of the first Deus Ex, even if they are still quite different.

Freddo? Same Freddo from TESF?

Anyway, I agree that VtM: Bloolines played a lot like Deus Ex. I felt it was a better successor to DX than IW was... although it is all about vampires, lol.

jd10013
22nd Jan 2008, 20:04
I was talking about new features, that weren't available (unlike huge levels and body-part damage), not features that already exist and can be upgraded to some extent.

Again, if you have NEW features to suggest, feel free :D

a lot of that stuff was dropped from dx when they made IW, so in a sense it would be new. and as of now, there's no guarantee that it will be in dx3

But I get your point.

G.A.Pster
28th Jan 2008, 03:10
I’d like an augmentation that makes it so you can perceive your surrounding faster (everything would slow down) like in Blood Rayne it wouldn’t make you go any faster you’d just have more time to react, it’d be great for hacking computers too because you’d have more time to read.

but to balance the game it’d have to use a lot of power because otherwise it would be too easy
I agree with some of the other posters.

A pickpocket skill, hearing aug’, and dialog system like Mass Effect would be excellent it’s what made ME a great game instead of just a good game.

jd10013
28th Jan 2008, 03:18
what about vehicles? how does everybody feel about that?

G.A.Pster
28th Jan 2008, 03:24
I think it could easily affect the game play negatively, I think it would be cool to be able to hack a robot and drive it around.

RedFeather1975
28th Jan 2008, 03:46
I’d like an augmentation that makes it so you can perceive your surrounding faster (everything would slow down) like in Blood Rayne it wouldn’t make you go any faster you’d just have more time to react, it’d be great for hacking computers too because you’d have more time to read.

but to balance the game it’d have to use a lot of power because otherwise it would be too easy

I really think DX should explore the realm of mental augs. The one you mention is incredibly useful and can open a lot new game play options.
Imagine being able to read a terminal that's displaying information lightning fast, by using that aug, in order to get a passcode.
Or being able to see and predict the behaviour/paths of accelerated entities, such as projectiles or machines in order to properly react, avoid or intercept them. Puzzles that use physics could be made impossibly hard unless you are augmented with this.
As you mentioned it would be perceived as everything slowing down.

G.A.Pster
28th Jan 2008, 06:17
I really think DX should explore the realm of mental augs. The one you mention is incredibly useful and can open a lot new game play options.
Imagine being able to read a terminal that's displaying information lightning fast, by using that aug, in order to get a passcode.
Or being able to see and predict the behaviour/paths of accelerated entities, such as projectiles or machines in order to properly react, avoid or intercept them. Puzzles that use physics could be made impossibly hard unless you are augmented with this.
As you mentioned it would be perceived as everything slowing down.

Like in Donnie Darko how the people have trails in front of them?

If they did the slowing down thing right it could look really cool, because TVs would appear to “roll” their images and florescent lights would flicker on and off.

RedFeather1975
28th Jan 2008, 09:09
Like in Donnie Darko how the people have trails in front of them?

If they did the slowing down thing right it could look really cool, because TVs would appear to “roll” their images and florescent lights would flicker on and off.

You read my little idea topic, and that's almost exactly how things look to Aimi when she is in her 'insanity states'. Just like in Donnie Darko.
It is a really messed up but cool idea in my opinion.

Red
28th Jan 2008, 10:30
Well, since you are the advanced nanoaugmented agent, I think that it is something natural that you could do snapshots through your eyes... So you wouldn't need the slowmo to read terminals, just would have to take a picture of the screen.

But on the other hand, something like that would ruin the immersion of gameplay, so yeah.... Something like slowmo would be great. Costly with bioelectricity yet rewarding in other ways (quick getaways, fastreading terminals, hit'n'runs, rambo guns blazing...)

Dam, I really hope that developers have something like this planned... Ignore the first paragraph. :D

RedFeather1975
28th Jan 2008, 11:59
It would be neat if you could tell if someone was lying, by the sound of their heart rate increasing, and being able to see their body temperature rise or pupils dilate.

gamer0004
28th Jan 2008, 12:30
"Imagine being able to read a terminal that's displaying information lightning fast, by using that aug, in order to get a passcode."
This doesn't make any sense.
"It would be neat if you could tell if someone was lying, by the sound of their heart rate increasing, and being able to see their body temperature rise or pupils dilate."
This doesn't make sense either.
There are lie-detectors, but they don't really work, although they're quite often used. I think the government is too smart to waste money on something like this.

There is one way to tell when someone is lying: by measuring the activity in the brain. When someone is telling the thruth, the memory-part of his brain is active. When someone is lying, the fantasy-part (lol I have no idea what it's called) is active.
But that system isn't fool proof either. It's very impractical too.
They train the right person as an agent, they don't equip a fool with augs. I think they would let the agents decide on their own whether someone is lying.

And please, no slow-mo in DX. Slow-mo is for idiots who can't react fast enough. I've never ever used it in shooters that have it (I always play at the hardest setting as possible). Slow-mo has become vulgair, for cheap X360- shooters with fancy graphics but no depth.

jd10013
28th Jan 2008, 13:04
Well, since you are the advanced nanoaugmented agent, I think that it is something natural that you could do snapshots through your eyes... So you wouldn't need the slowmo to read terminals, just would have to take a picture of the screen.

but will you be an agent? they went away from that in IW.

ThatDeadDude
28th Jan 2008, 13:06
I think a camera would be a fairly entry level aug, even for non-agents.

Tracer Tong
28th Jan 2008, 13:16
And please, no slow-mo in DX. Slow-mo is for idiots who can't react fast enough. I've never ever used it in shooters that have it (I always play at the hardest setting as possible). Slow-mo has become vulgar, for cheap X360- shooters with fancy graphics but no depth.

I DID like the effect that the Zyme vials did in the shifter mod (slow-mo+increased skill). I do agree that ever since Max Payne 2 Bullet-Time is overused and has become an ugly mutation of a good gameplay aspect.

Most of the things mentioned here after (including) the "mental augs" posts, no offense, is pure bullsh****it. We're talking about a game here, it should add helpful meanings to the game. Everything you said is mostly variations of slowmo. Just play with the slomo console command and your imagination.

"it wouldn’t make you go any faster you’d just have more time to react" <--- Well that's just dumb. During the earliest playtests of Max Payne 1 they had that but realized that it was too slow for the players and increased the speed of the character for easier playability. That's a step BACKWARDS.

The "where things are going to fall" aug sounds good...for a Havok mod.
It's very easy to program it when you have the right API (just calculate the physics and draw the whole bunch of frames instead of the current).
Not fun in-game, no use.

I want a Skul-Gun! :rasp:

Draco1979
5th Feb 2008, 20:41
what about vehicles? how does everybody feel about that?

I was thinking that would be cool to drive a pinto around the maps. And more on the lock picking tools/skills what if you had lock pick aug that allows you to pick locks without the need lock picks. It can be the multi tool /lock pick aug but you can only choose one or the other not both.

tanonx
5th Feb 2008, 22:08
Well, for the record, this isn't Max Payne. I couldn't tell you if it plays like DX because I've never played it. However, I did like the slo-mo effect in Black Shades. Short, ends when you take your first shot or in about five seconds, and definately doesn't make you move faster. But then, it doesn't play like DX, either.

I'd like to see being able to attack with your bare hands, for the sake of not running around ammoless because you never got a knife. Should be restricted to when you're in that kind of situation, though. Vehicles would probably run contrary to the semistealth feel. The idea of having some cover only save you from some bullets would be cool. No dumpsters against rail guns.

Boiny Bunny
7th Feb 2008, 10:18
I'd also like to see some features taken from other 'spy type' games - particularly Splinter Cell.

If a guard is patrolling and opens a door via keypad, it would be cool if you could use IR goggles or an aug to see which buttons he pushed and in what order via heat signitures on the keys.

Caradoc
8th Feb 2008, 02:07
I'd also like to see some features taken from other 'spy type' games - particularly Splinter Cell.

If a guard is patrolling and opens a door via keypad, it would be cool if you could use IR goggles or an aug to see which buttons he pushed and in what order via heat signitures on the keys.

Splinter cell chaos theory had few other cool feautures that would fit quite well on dx3.

Holding knife on enemy's throath to gain info or using enemy as a bullet shield.

Blade_hunter
14th Feb 2008, 18:10
New features:
More items, weapons, ammo types, characters
Greatest levels, better physics, better AI, interativity, some destroyable decorations and items.
Skill system, RPG type inventory, Day and night levels, more kinds of levels
better animations, graphics and sounds .....
multiplayer, interractive story !

the next features are only little proposals ...
desguise ?
vehicles ?
coop game ?
editor ?

For the rest I don't know ... but my proposals are very hard to make ... and most of players disagree with some ideas or will some ideas are normaly implemented in the game like the AI or the graphics ....

rokstrombo
21st Feb 2008, 14:21
How about a suspicion meter (later Hitman games) or noise meter (Thief series)? Stealth is an important aspect of Deus Ex, but sometimes it's a bit arbitrary due to the limited AI. If there was a way to quantify stealth besides the player's own imagination, perhaps there would be new strategies to the game.

Whether this be shown via instrumentation (ie the meter) or sound / body language is another question. Sometimes too much instrumentation detracts from immersion in the game. It is important to allow the player to use their imagination while playing, so perhaps it would be best if the meter was limited in the detail it shows. For example, only reporting NPC interest within a certain range and within the player's field of view. This would encourage the player to subconsciously consider the body language or facial expressions of individual characters. In the previous Deus Ex games, people were either running to kill you, or... not. If the NPC response was graded, the player would have more options than to fight or flee.

Such a meter would be able to increase immersion, by making the player conscious of their own body language. In the Hitman games, you can't run in certain circumstances. You must conceal certain weapons or items in certain places. You have to blend in with the crowd, and you can't go pointing guns in people's faces. It is a great way to improve immersion and control the pace of the game.

I personally would love to see these features ported to the new Deus Ex game.

Lo Bruto
21st Feb 2008, 15:03
Nice ideas for stealth, people... but still...

I WANT TO BE RAMBO! :cool:

RiscOS
21st Feb 2008, 16:20
Good Thread :)

Using your hands to fight
Using the environment to create hazards for the AI

Blade_hunter
21st Feb 2008, 19:17
I think in DX we can use stealth, I never forget the players wanted to play like a Rambo. The game must use a system ables you can play an enforcer, killing everything on your path, but I think to conserv a similar system as DX 1 has with more ammo and better weapons

The assault rifle was a good weapon, but it eat too much ammo, I prefered a more powerful weapon with less ROF, the secondary fire is the best
Add machine guns and miniguns have some impressive effect :)

Plasma weapons of DX 1 have some very low power for these kind of weapons

I think we can add more energy weapons to have some laser weapons, normaly the laser is the predecessor of plasma technology it can be used too

Use some lightening and EMP weapons ionic weapons are welcome too

Microwave weapons have some fun effects

the railgun are one of the most useful weapons

Chemical weapons like liquid nitrogen to freeze, acid to dissolve, and Napalm or gasoline to burn have some good functions and are very funny

For devastating only we can use a portative cannon, a big missile launcher; grenades, rockets, mines

We can use some biomods to enhances our character to be less vulnerables at ennemy attacks

gamer0004
21st Feb 2008, 19:17
I don't think I'd like a noise meter or something like that.
You know, your enemies have a health bar in almost every game (in DX:IW for example). And I considered it to be pretty crucial. But DX doesn't have that kind of thing, and it was fine because you didn't really need it because it just reacted the way you think it would react.
Same thing for sneaking. When they hear you they investigate.

Lo Bruto
21st Feb 2008, 19:23
" Just give me a Crowbar and Ballistic Protection. I'll handle it. "

I would like to see this dialogue option in the first level, when Paul offers you the weapons. :o

RiscOS
21st Feb 2008, 19:28
Yeah I think the meters would take some some of the fun out of it, but would it not be easy to add that as an option? :scratch:

Also an assualt rifle with some power 7.62 is going to do much more damage than the 10mm pistol stuff, plus it would probably be made to have better armour piercing properties, perhaps something the FN P90 (5.7mm ammunition) could be used as a model, in fact I think they should put it directly into DX3 because it looks like it came out of the DX universe anyway.

And fire selector switches would be nice, so I can choose to fire a single shot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Lo Bruto
21st Feb 2008, 19:47
The P90 is one of my favorite weapons of all time. I also love the Five-seveN, its sister pistol which uses the same ammo.

If the game is a prequel... it would fit well. It's in service since 94... it's perfectly fine for the weapon to be used in the not-far future.

But I think it would ruin the atmosphere of the dystopian setting including references to real life companies and trademarks and also if the game is meant to take place in the 2030's or 40's (my suggestion, of course) a 40~50 years old weapon model will hardly exist. :scratch:

Blade_hunter
21st Feb 2008, 20:57
Hum, i don't want real weapons, too much games have real weapons, I love, the P90, The HK G11, The Five seveN, the M134, the desert eagle, the XM8, the HK G36, the M249, the M16 a4, and other fire arms but too much game has these weapons and real weapons, haven't the same possibilities as the futuristic weapons.
I loved deus ex 1 and red faction 1 for some things, but I loved their weaponery. These games have realistic weapons but no real weapons.
We can use some similar designs like doom 3 used a sort of P90 design for its submachinegun.
The deus ex 1 assault rifle was an original gun, I never saw a gun like this rifle with a drum like the DX 1 Assault rifle has used, and some originality is better than using only real weapons; this is my think for the game if we use real weapons we have no flamethrowers, no GEP gun, no minicrossbow and no railgun ....
I want some DX 1 spirit in DX 3 not a sort of battlefield or counterstrike in the game ....

RiscOS
21st Feb 2008, 23:17
Yeah good point a re-vamp of the DX1 AF with a fire selector would the best thing to have. that is if it is around the same time frame as DX1 :)

Blade_hunter
22nd Feb 2008, 12:56
Fire selector can be used and perform the weapons uses
use a single shot mode or a burst - tracer mode for some automatic weapons to gain accuracy and save ammo, or use the full auto mode for close combat or create a sort of ballistic wall.
some weapons have this and it can be added to deus ex
for the machine guns and miniguns if the game has this kind of weapons we can add a ROF selector
for the rocket or a grenade launcher we can select the comportement of the projectile using a grenade as a timed, impact, proximity grenade, or use the rockets as a thermic targeting, laser guided, unguided rockets.

changing the ammo can be useful and give to a weapon some different uses

Xthespot
22nd Feb 2008, 20:20
Im reading great stuff on this page. I really hope they follow
at least some of the advice given here.

I was thinking about how cool it would be if they did
like dx1 where you could, get to a spesific point
but with different routes.
Like hells kitchen where you could get to the smuggler either by
using the front door getting the password "bloodshot"
from the daughter of the hotell owner.
Or through the container behind the basketball court.

But if they can do this in the begining of the the missions too
that would be cool.

Let`s say we infiltrating paris in the new awesome dx3.
As a choose we are given three options.

1. Parachuting from a high-altitude going plane, landing on the top of the eiffel tower (maybe a little loadtime but we`re used to it. :D
2.Diving from a boat just of the coast going through the sewers of paris.
3.Maybe by train, creating a little "spy" approach.

I dont know..... maybe its a dumb idea. :scratch:

Blade_hunter
23rd Feb 2008, 00:00
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1144/hudff4.th.jpg (http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hudff4.jpg)
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1144/hudff4.jpg
there is a hud proposal and We can saw some DX1 imported elements but i want to explain some parts of this Hud

On the top left we can saw a square to display a minimap (if the minimap is useful)
in lower part we can saw the secondary weapon status ammo loaded and its icon

in lower part of the screen we can saw the item bar it's divided in two parts to have the use of weapons and accessories if we want used these bars to this configuration

On the right part we can saw the health status, the poison infectation and other useful informations about your health and body status
the health bar is only the head and torso status

Under the body status Icon we have the primary weapon bar it give the same informations as the secondary, but for the primary weapon only

I think more improvements are welcome but some things are important to conserv

gamer0004
23rd Feb 2008, 12:41
This HUD is almost similar to the DX1 HUD, except that the one from DX looked better and was a little bit more intuitive.

Unstoppable
23rd Feb 2008, 16:39
I want cliffhangers like in the original. Also not sure if this is a feature but I want characters that are revisited to have more meaning than they did in Invisible War.

It was sooo disappointing to see Tracer Tong in that bar in Germany. He looked horrible and the story was as well. This is Tracer Tong the guy who saved JC Denton's life, a true mastermind.

He was done zero justice in Invisible War. I'd like to see Jock and Tong done justice in Deus Ex 3. I want them to feel like they carry an enormous presence when you talk to them, like they are important characters like they were in Deus Ex 1.

Blade_hunter
27th Feb 2008, 22:26
I want to suggest some features about the weapons, most gamers doesn't want ideas like weapon maintenance or skills can unlock the use of some weapons.

I want to propose some buildable weapons, these weapons are propotypes. If the players wants something simple. we can med something like this. In the game, we must find the different parts and use specific skills to build the weapon when all the elements of the weapon has founded. Some truly customizable weapons can be a better way ....

The next idea makes more realism and can introduce a new useful upgrade for the weapons, this idea are not new to the universe of the video games, but it will be equilibrate the semi automatic and full automatic weapons, the idea is the weapons can overheated. Some weapons like assault rifles, smg's, machine guns, miniguns, laser auto rifles, plasma auto rifles, and some weapons of this type can be overheated, for other weapons it can increase their rate of fire like the railguns, electric cannons, and some energy weapons must be cooled at the right temperature to continue their operating.
The weapon mod isn't a surprise it's simply a coolant mod, this mod uses some water, nitrogen, air cooling and other kind of a ventilation system.
Certain weapons stop their operating when they are overheated, others accelerates their rate of fire for a few seconds before stoping, eating several ammo, be out of control, lose accuracy and each bullet give more damage.
For certain weapons overheating activates a sort of security system, like the flamethrowers and some other weapons can explode on you if the temperature is too high.

This suggestion is about weapons visuals, in DX we are on the future some weapons can be equiped with a screen displays your ammo loaded and eventually, your compass, the temperature of your gun, the ready state for slow weapons, the ammo loaded, the fire mod if the weapon have it, the distance of your target, the locked status if we use a locking weapon like the GEP gun, the number of devices throwed if we use a mine launcher or a weapon like this, the number of target locked, if the weapon can lock several targets, a screen displays what the gun "see" and some other information about your weapon.
this can be a weapon mod too and not all weapons have this feature or can use this, the other feature is the mod effects on the gun like the silencer if you mount this you see the mod if the mod modifies the external appearance like the scope, the cooling mod, the weapon computer, the light torch, the laser sight, an additional cannon (grenade launcher, shotgun .....) and other features like this.

An other realstic feature it's the silencer effect, the silencer gives you some stealth, but your weapon lose some damage and range, the overheating is more difficult to manage. these can be happened when the gun use some bullets like pistols and smg's, this affect least the rifles for the damage and the range, I suggest the silencer can be removable (this idea is not mine but I agree with).

gamer0004
28th Feb 2008, 17:33
The next idea makes more realism and can introduce a new useful upgrade for the weapons, this idea are not new to the universe of the video games, but it will be equilibrate the semi automatic and full automatic weapons, the idea is the weapons can overheated.
It isn't very realistic, although games like battlefield make it look like it is realisitc. You'll have to fire a modern automatic gun for a very long time to get it overheated.

Blade_hunter
28th Feb 2008, 19:14
Some modern weapons have more sophisticated coolant systems, but not all of them some futuristic games use this feature and other games use the simplest weapons (like quake 3 and other games) with no or less counterparts and only the fire function and never has some features like this. DX 1 weapons have some functions, in DX 2 too but not the same system and ... And I want functiunal weapons, but with advantages and inconvenients like the real weapons, I don't want the full realism but some real features can be fun, the overheating feature give some adventages to several guns but disavantages to others, some balancing for weapons makes some choices, some automatic weapons are too slow to be overheated but some fast weapons can overheat modern or not. This feature I think add some strategies with this feature, and whan I played games with this feature, the overheat can be an inconvenient but, sometime and with bullet weapons only it can be converted to a decisive advantage in a battle.

gamer0004
28th Feb 2008, 20:32
I wouldn't like it. IRL an M16 is more powerful than a pistol (when more than 100 feet away). So why would I want a pistol? Because it can't overheat?
No! Because it is very powerful at close range and only takes one slot in my inventory and this way I'm sure I'll (almost) never get out of ammo.
The DX system was best ;)

Blade_hunter
29th Feb 2008, 15:37
In reality some weapons have different power for them caliber (the bullet dimensions and form), the cannon conception and the bullet type (perforating, normal, and other kind of them)
In DX the pistol wad a very good weapon, but the assault rifle isn't very ballanced with it's primary function. The weapon fires too fast, and does too less damage per hit (the base dammage is 3) if te damage is something like 6 - 17 per hit, and have a slower rate of fire it can be better. The rifle keep its effectiveness and be more useful, The overheating in this weapon quite useful, but it happened when the gun has an high temperature, the bullets give more damage, but when the weapon is overheated it continue to fire and stay in malfunction for a short moment, some weapons stop their fire and can't be triggered when they are overheated.
The mod (the coolant upgrade) makes the guns more powerfull

If some one doesn't like automatic weapons they can stay with the pistol ....
But my favourite ranged weapons in DX 1 are the sniper rifle and the GEP gun.

gamer0004
29th Feb 2008, 19:40
In reality some weapons have different power for them caliber (the bullet dimensions and form), the cannon conception and the bullet type (perforating, normal, and other kind of them)
In DX the pistol wad a very good weapon, but the assault rifle isn't very ballanced with it's primary function. The weapon fires too fast, and does too less damage per hit (the base dammage is 3) if te damage is something like 6 - 17 per hit, and have a slower rate of fire it can be better. The rifle keep its effectiveness and be more useful, The overheating in this weapon quite useful, but it happened when the gun has an high temperature, the bullets give more damage, but when the weapon is overheated it continue to fire and stay in malfunction for a short moment, some weapons stop their fire and can't be triggered when they are overheated.
The mod (the coolant upgrade) makes the guns more powerfull

If some one doesn't like automatic weapons they can stay with the pistol ....
But my favourite ranged weapons in DX 1 are the sniper rifle and the GEP gun.

I think the assault rifle was fine, ok the damage should've been a bit higher but the rate of fire was fine.
When a weapon is overheated the barrel is screwed and most of times the weapon can't be used anymore.

Blade_hunter
2nd Mar 2008, 08:55
Not exacly, changing the barrel can repair an overheated weapon, but I don't think if we add a feature like this, we must add all inconvenients due to this feature. Some player don't want weapon maintenance. In some games using this feature, the weapon stops or a malfunction of the weapon happend. Scilenced weapons have more drawbacks they overheat more easily and the scilencer will break after a few shots. All games I played with this feature like RTCW I always use the weapons can overheat and these weapons are the best in the game, but the overheating was the only drawback of them.
If your automatic weapon isn't too fast, it never overheat, but if it's fast or it has a scilencer the weapon will overheat more quickly.
Some realism will be good and take care about your weapon is a realistic feature; but too much realism, isn't good in some games.
DX 1 adds some realism in the game but not too much, it has no real ranged weapons, but with some realistic features.
I've proposed this idea to have a sort of balance between each weapon and some tactical uses, it makes the choice of weapons more interesting, and it introduces a new weapon mod, some energy weapons have a benefits to use this mod...

Blade_hunter
14th Mar 2008, 20:39
Game options

To enlarge the DX 3 Experience some options would be selectable
-The gore level
-The overheating gestion
-Projectile delay for bullet weapons
-Inventory mode (Full,normal and tiny) (RPG type FPS type)
-Reload gestion (none, simple, detailed)
-Ammo (Universal, multiple)
-Crosshair visible/invisible
-Skill system (complex (skills can unlocks some uses stuff and enhances your character abilities), normal (enhances your character abilities), simple (some abilities can be learned to do a specific task in the game))
-Weapon aiming (simple, realistic)

These options can makes the global gameplay more versatil to have a more realistic game or an arcade game some games has used some of these options but some others options are new and (I think) make the game more accessible
I don't know if the idea was good or not ....

For me some options can keep the game more like DX1, some others more like DX 2 and some others makes more relism or more unrealism

SageSavage
14th Mar 2008, 21:04
Yeah, that's what I mean. Might be hard to get it right but as a result there could be a game that pleases casual and hardcore gamers alike.

mouse
14th Mar 2008, 21:19
Game options
[...]
For me some options can keep the game more like DX1, some others more like DX 2 and some others makes more relism or more unrealism

nice ideas, but from the developing point of view that would be a helluva balancing and required finetuning.... it won't happen.

SageSavage
14th Mar 2008, 21:26
I don't think it would be impossible. Basically it's developing a complex game with the ability to switch some things on auto and / or invisible. Of course it'd require quite a bit of extra testing and balancing but, as I've said, it may significantly increase the sales as well because the targeted audience gets bigger. They do this with simulations all the time, look at GTR 2 or Fligh Simulator for examples.

Gary_Savage
14th Mar 2008, 21:40
Game options

To enlarge the DX 3 Experience some options would be selectable
-The gore level
-The overheating gestion
-Projectile delay for bullet weapons
-Inventory mode (Full,normal and tiny) (RPG type FPS type)
-Reload gestion (none, simple, detailed)
-Ammo (Universal, multiple)
-Crosshair visible/invisible
-Skill system (complex (skills can unlocks some uses stuff and enhances your character abilities), normal (enhances your character abilities), simple (some abilities can be learned to do a specific task in the game))
-Weapon aiming (simple, realistic)

Well, if universal ammo is given as an option, then I was thinking: perhaps the developers can design a game with multiple ammo, and then have the game replace all the numerous ammo, at each of the different locations, with some amount (perhaps 'equivalent' amount) of universal ammo. That might satisfy both, the multiple ammo, and the universal ammo crowds, and not increase the development time too much, either.

Other than that, I really like the idea of projectile delay. As for reload gestion, it sounds cool, though I am not sure if it means anything other than a choice among no reloading, a very short reload animation, and a long animation (showing the detailed steps of reloading -- not that I know how many steps there are in reloading a gun).

As for gore level, perhaps a parental control can be implemented, as well. Examples of past parental controls that I liked were in the Soldier of Fortune game (where you could set parental control for unlocking the higher gore levels), and the game Max Payne (where the parental controls would not just control the gore level, but also whether the lurid pictures on the walls could be seen). I realize that DX is not a kiddies game, but this would still be a nice feature, IMO.

Edit: One FEATURE I would suggest the developers to ADD:
A skill for physical abilities. I am not sure what to call it, but it should enable the agent to mantle faster/or from lower levels, jump higher, run faster, hold his/her breath longer, and perhaps take more damage. If these features are added, and more diversified augs are introduced, giving the players a choice between whether to, say, increase the physical abilities skill (or set of skills), or to take or upgrade an aug. I am asking this because a superagent should also be able to choose what skills he/she wants to get better at, not just what gadgets he/she wants as part of himself/herself, or what gear he/she takes to the field. I am sure this will increase the game's replayability. I want to know hat everyone else thinks of this.

Blade_hunter
15th Mar 2008, 21:09
I've not thinked for replayability but, yes it can made the game more enjoyable for further replays, and give challenge with only little changes, but they can made some differences with less programming modifications :)
Finally the idea is better as I espect of it
It enhances the accessibility of the game for different kind of gamers, and gives more replayability.

For the violence option it can made the game accessible for more players if parental control is added. It can change the language too, keep the insults or replace them by less offensive words if the option is changed.

For your idea about skills I agree with because it matches with my own vision about skills, It has only little differences

I think if the game have some custom options with gameplay affectations it can enhances the popularity of the game and the modability too

An other feature, but it's not the most important feature. It's about the view of your character, I want we can see our legs and our arms, and the ability of fighting with our hands

Gary_Savage
17th Mar 2008, 01:27
An other feature, but it's not the most important feature. It's about the view of your character, I want we can see our legs and our arms, and the ability of fighting with our hands

Thanks for bringing that up. I think that hand to hand combat would be an extremely important fighting skill for the world's most advanced agent. Since the world's premiere combat forces (US Navy SEALs, Russian Spetsnaz, among others) train their people in unarmed combat, I would expect my game character to at least have the ability to become the world's premiere human weapon. I'm not sure whether I would want all fighting abilities being improved by increasing a single skill (to reduce the clutter of a skills system), or if I want the striking abilities and movement skills being governed by different skills (more realistic, IMO), but either way is fine with me.

If the developers let us see our arms and legs, then I would like to see animations showing my legs, when I kick, and my hands thrown out in front of me when doing a dive roll, or other such stuff. I would also like to see what my game character sees during rolls and parkour-like movements. It would be so cool if I could have my character do a silent (martial arts) side roll from cover to cover, in a hallway, with my eyes pointing in the general direction of my enemies, so that this movement also offers me a recon of the situation. Sure, I will probably get an upside down view of the situation, but I will still see what is ahead of me, without needing a third person view; and I will still move so fast that I will be gone by the time the enemy realizes that I was out in the open.

Red
17th Mar 2008, 09:59
F.E.A.R. has that.

Blade_hunter
17th Mar 2008, 19:31
Gore too and (I think it was the first game with this feature) but we have little FPS have this kind of feature, and with hant to hand combat and infiltration it's a necessary feature if we want the most enhanced game but we can play without show your own body, but I think the action will be more impressive if you saw your own movements.

Fighting skill can made the game more interresting :) If you don't want use weapons or if the infiltration without weapons is a better way. I like the idea of Gary_Savage for much reasons ^^

F.E.A.R. invents nothing in the video games but this game uses some features and enhances them and it has one of the most advanced AI.
(I like this game much, but it has no real innovation)

Gary_Savage
17th Mar 2008, 23:20
...or if the infiltration without weapons is a better way

You mean, like in Hitman? I, personally, would love that.

GruntOwner
18th Mar 2008, 08:55
I'm always weary of dropping my weapons on account of the mods I throw onto them. If there were public lockers or something to keep them in, which would also act as a way of getting into weapon free zones that check at the door, if they feel like including them, It'd work great. Just please don't do it like invisible war.

mouse
18th Mar 2008, 10:42
I'm always weary of dropping my weapons on account of the mods I throw onto them. If there were public lockers or something to keep them in, which would also act as a way of getting into weapon free zones that check at the door, if they feel like including them, It'd work great. Just please don't do it like invisible war.

that was so stupid :mad2: ... blablah sent the activation code ... blahblah :mad2:

not the wireless locking itself is stupid, but the assumption that all custumors in a rat hol like the Greazel Pit wouldn't just use modified (illegal) weapons

GruntOwner
18th Mar 2008, 15:49
The assumption that everyone carries a mag rail into a bar, the fact that the Omar didn't have half a nut when it came to making a way past it and the fact that it was completely unavoidable and always required you to take the effort of actually selecting the "send code" option so you couldn't just space through it. I don't care how desperate they were to make it seem real by making every one killable, it would have been better and less time wasting to bring back the good old "an agent walks into a bar with a pistol, the bartender whips a buckshot from under the counter and wastes him"scenario. People learnt pretty quickly just how bad an idea it was to try and kill a quest character.

Gary_Savage
18th Mar 2008, 16:49

O, I was thinking about dropping my weapons behind a garbage pile, outside the back door to the venue. That way I could go in, through the front, open the back door, from the inside, and go pick up my weapon before the door closed. That would save me a lockpick that I would otherwise use on the back door, not to mention, that going in directly through the back (rather than the front) might make the guards shoot me on sight.

...(the good old) "an agent walks into a bar with a pistol, the bartender whips a buckshot from under the counter and wastes him"...

I really liked that touch, in DX1. The bartender defended her turf. I would like to see that in DX3, too.

gamer0004
18th Mar 2008, 20:02
Your weapons even get shut down when you force-entered the bar without giving permission to send the code :(
Bad idea BTW to force-enter without having saved the game, as it is all to likely that the door closes behind you and you can't get out...

Gary_Savage
19th Mar 2008, 00:14
Your weapons even got shut down when you force-entered the bar without giving permission to send the code :(
Bad idea BTW to force-enter without having saved the game, as it is all to likely that the door closes behind you and you can't get out...

Wow... sounds like an annoying version of what was done in Metal Gear Solid (when you enter the place where the nuclear weapons/missiles are stored). I just wonder is a game could give me that kind of tension, and still deliver the kind of storyline (and realism, unlike Metal Gear Solid, where as soon as you re-enter a room you have cleared, that room is once again crawling with enemies) that made DX1 so great. O well, that might be asking for too much. Just try to at least try to match the goodness of DX1, devs.

Come to think of it, the tension can be maintained, without having to repsawn enemies, if the game AI looks for patrols that have not come back, then searches the premises, and then puts the whole base on alert (crawling with sentries who would otherwise have been nestled in their living quarters), upon finding a body. As soon as that happens, the player has to really watch out at every turn. This kind of thing IS what made Thief: The Dark Project great, for me; so could the devs please put something similar in DX3?

Bloodwolf806
19th Mar 2008, 01:55
I know some people may disagree with me, but I'd like a fairly refined first person hand-to-hand combat system, like the Xbox game BREAKDOWN.

Gary_Savage
19th Mar 2008, 18:35
I know some people may disagree with me, but I'd like a fairly refined first person hand-to-hand combat system, like the Xbox game BREAKDOWN.

I'm not sure if anyone here disagrees on the need for a good hand-to-hand combat system. Not that I know anything about Breakdown, but I would like to see more than just hand-to-hand combat. You will find what was discussed, as regards this matter, a few posts above, probably starting here:

SemiAnonymous
20th Mar 2008, 01:47
Some thoughts I've had for a while, some are prolly stupid

Health transfer: Lets say you're running your arse off, being chased by one of those oversized bots. It launches a missile, and you loose use of your left leg, and are forced to crouch. An automaticly activating skill would then transfer a small amount of health from your other areas, heal your leg, and allow you to keep running. This would be more useful if you lack a healing aug, or you want a really action based moment, with no pausing.

Real Melee attacks: now, the DTS and other close range weapons are fine. But lets see some Karate moves. Good way to eliminate someone with out raising an alarm, and it would prolly look cool.

Impersonation: This would work as an aug. It would allow you to take on the character model of someone you knocked out/killed, and let you move around and complete objections with out invisibility. Needs to have some sort of a limit though, like you can't shoot with it active or something.

Electrocution: We had electro-static discharge, so why not mix with in with my Karate suggestion, and be able to grab someone, shock them, and kill them. Mind you, it wouldn't be a replacement for the stun prod, as it would actually kill them.

GruntOwner
20th Mar 2008, 09:41
I wouldn't mind instant death melee moves. A strike to the jugular will knock most people out if done properly. My main worry for unnarmed combat is how they'd pull it off. Striking styles like karate and the likes would never take someone down quick enough in a straight fight, so you'd need to use wrestling styles to restrain them and knock them out, which, heaven forbid, might come down to a series of "press x now". The idea of a stun prod aug sounds kinda awesome, just walk casually behind someone, wave your hand near their spinal column and catch the body as it falls. It would help if we had a general consensus on whether people wanted a cinematic character or a realistic one.

Gary_Savage
20th Mar 2008, 18:12
I wouldn't mind instant death melee moves. A strike to the jugular will knock most people out if done properly. My main worry for unnarmed combat is how they'd pull it off. Striking styles like karate and the likes would never take someone down quick enough in a straight fight, so you'd need to use wrestling styles to restrain them and knock them out, which, heaven forbid, might come down to a series of "press x now".

I was thinking if the two martial arts moves in Metal Gear Solid: the throw, and the choke hold (subsequently breaking the neck). That might simplify things, a bit.

It would help if we had a general consensus on whether people wanted a cinematic character or a realistic one.

I'm not sure what "cinematic character" or "realistic character" means. could you elaborate, please?

Azrepheal
20th Mar 2008, 19:22
It would help if we had a general consensus on whether people wanted a cinematic character or a realistic one.

When nano-technology is involved, what's the difference?

GruntOwner
20th Mar 2008, 20:49
Cinematic is the use of rules that result in very impressive but impossible awesomeness. Common examples are bulletproof nudity, wall running and almost anything from martial arts films. They would have to be used in moderation but all games feature them to some degree.

Gary_Savage
20th Mar 2008, 21:14
Cinematic is the use of rules that result in very impressive but impossible awesomeness. Common examples are bulletproof nudity, wall running and almost anything from martial arts films. They would have to be used in moderation but all games feature them to some degree.

I would go for the realistic character, though wall running is practiced, in real life, by parkour/free running practitioners; and yes, if the developers have the time, then I would really love to have my character run from and NPC, run up a wall, then do a backflip, landing behind the NPC and then assaulting the NPC with a melee weapon.

Gary_Savage
10th Apr 2008, 03:40
Maybe make it as realistic as Splinter Cell.
Don't need the hang upside down stuff, but it'll be nice to have more stuff able to climb up that don't require big jumps.

If DX3's protagonist has an upgradable physical abilities skill, then I would like that skill to cover hanging from stuff; increasing the skill level should allow the protagonist to hang longer.

Vasarto
10th Apr 2008, 19:07
I am still for a pick pocketing-skill. It would support non-violent ways of playing the game a lot. I like the idea of the speechcraft-skill, too.

You know what THAT makes me think of?!

..you do not neeeed to see our identification!*Waves hand*

Things that are new I would like to see.

An Aug that gives you super human hearing and can pick up sounds of diffarant electronics from far away. Knowing which sounds belong to what
you can hear footsteps from around courners before the enemy can get to
you. Know if there are laser wires around. Or if there is a computer terminal
somewhere near by.

CERTAIN AUGS DON'T TAKE UP ENERGY! Like the ballistic protection. That should be perminant since the aug would effect your body in a perminant way.
Ones that Would increase speed or run/walking more silently would be permenant and not take up energy and so forth.

Maybe adding elements that Condemned,Hitman and Splinter cell has and putting a few of those ideas in the game as far as the infiltration parts goes while keeping it in the mostly first person view and keeping most of the Deus Ex flavour without tarnishing it or turning it into something un-recognizable.

Example..Taking an Italian Meatball (Deus Ex) than messing with it and than it turns out to taste like a Bannana.

Blade_hunter
20th Apr 2008, 20:13
Some special moves can add more interests to the skills for example and make the infiltration part more evolved than before. some special jumps and tricks to access more easily to a point without making a pile of crates to reach a point.
For example using your hands to jump over a corner ...

Tracer Tong
20th Apr 2008, 20:39
More ideas I've compiled (using your ideas from this topic too):

Unarmed fighting skill
Seeing your body (i.e. self shadowing and seeing your legs, which is very much possible due to the Tomb Raider engine, which is mostly 3rd person, so the camera just needs to be located in Emile's (protagonist's nickname, please continue this) head)
Bioweapons, and more awesome stuff
No overheating please (it ruins the game and the original thought of that gameplay element was taken into account when infinite shooting is possible and the game needs balancing, but since we have reload time we don't really need that feature)
Passive augmentations, i.e. Vassarto's balistic armor (not sure about that though)
UnrealED-styled SDK. Simplistic and mod-oriented
Multiplayer (at least DM) potential capabilities

I'm going to add this to the original post as well. Thoughts?

Voltaire
20th Apr 2008, 21:20
Unarmed fighting HAS to happen, but not sure how it will be implemented.

My opinion on SDK is that it should be released afterwards, if at all. Production priorities and all that. Plus, SDK packs mean simpler levels, no?

Walls should be destructable IMO. If a LAW can sort out a heavy duty sentrybot thang, it should knock a few bricks out of a wall. :p

PS Does anyone know if Digital Molecular Mass can be implemented on the TR engine?

minus0ne
21st Apr 2008, 13:14
My opinion on SDK is that it should be released afterwards, if at all. Production priorities and all that. Plus, SDK packs mean simpler levels, no?
No.

Walls should be destructable IMO. If a LAW can sort out a heavy duty sentrybot thang, it should knock a few bricks out of a wall. :p

PS Does anyone know if Digital Molecular Mass can be implemented on the TR engine?
It probably can, but why should it? We've never seen it in action and Deus Ex 3 should not attempt to become Half-Life 3.

GruntOwner
21st Apr 2008, 14:39
We've seen it in action in demos for force unleashed, and let's be honest, it looks frickin' sweet. Gears 2 seems to have a similar thing going too, and I think it's just building on the unreal 3 for it, I'm no expert on compatability though.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z734GXypSwk
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=27vVUFbUD4Q

Fen
21st Apr 2008, 15:24
As far as unarmed fighting goes, Id be happy with just a simple grab. Where you could take an enemy down as long as you got close to them, and were unaware of your presence. If I was in a fight, I think a melee weapon would be a much better choice than fists.

As for a speechcraft skill. NO. I shouldnt have to invest skill points so my character isnt a retard. Also with this system, you are informing the player of the consequences of their choice of dialog before theyve made it. (If the dialogue is different, its effect is obviously going to be better). Some of the interesting things in deus ex were with how you talk to people and what you say. Most of the time, the answer which had the best outcome wasnt obvious. Who here tried to get Johnny off of Sandra by paying him?

Dialog consequences really helped deus ex, leave it as it is and dont implement a skill.

Blade_hunter
21st Apr 2008, 16:17
The new unreal engine should be a very good engine Bioshock has some cool features and the next features makes something like the Red Faction's geo mod
I always wanted in a game use the environment in my advantage and using the environment specs against my enemies; In the first games we have the explosive barrels, after we have some triggered doors and traps, after some decorations can be used (Red Faction series, HL 2), the actual engines looks to enhances this kind of work when I see Crysis and the games with the unreal engine they have nice special features.
In the demo vids posted by GruntOwner I loved the technology used with water, the destruction of decorations.
Cutting wood with a saw to kill an enemy near by can be a strategy in DX
Or simulate correctly a weak wood bridge. If you jump all the time over it it can break on it's weak point.
But the best thing is to make user made traps. :D
Open the doors, crates and other things with the crowbar, with realm.
The unreal engine is madded to be used by many games.
http://www.beyondunreal.com/articles/unreal-engine-licensees/
And it's because the modding community is great that makes this engine always more powerful and better.

Voltaire
21st Apr 2008, 16:50
Speechcraft shouldn't happen.

DX's depth comes from the amazing dialog, from the heartfelt words between brothers, to reading between the lines (and lies) of Morgan Everett.

I don't want to play as a vegetable with sunglasses and a shotgun.

Tracer Tong
21st Apr 2008, 21:26
Speechcraft shouldn't happen.

DX's depth comes from the amazing dialog, from the heartfelt words between brothers, to reading between the lines (and lies) of Morgan Everett.

I don't want to play as a vegetable with sunglasses and a shotgun.

I concur on that one. JC always came prepared for a convo. He already knew how to talk and the topics. (heck, he even knows stuff that the player doesn't know) That perfect harmony between his sheer indifferent tone and the knowledge and curiosity... I miss it. Never occurred in any other game I ever encountered later on in my life.

Gary_Savage
22nd Apr 2008, 01:03
More ideas I've compiled (using your ideas from this topic too):

[LIST=1]
Unarmed fighting skill

O, YES! ...along with a handful of nifty moves; at least the ability to choke a person, and to throw. Solid Snake's abilities (from Metal Gear Solid) come to mind, although a more comprehensive Assassin's Creed style system, complete with the movement skills, would be much appreciated (by me, at least).

Health Transfer augmentation, which allows you to temporarily balance your health on all body parts

I'm not so sure I would like that. Although I used the health aug all the time, in DX1, it still felt like a cheat. A health transfer aug would feel much worse than that (IMO).

Tracer Tong
22nd Apr 2008, 14:42
I kinda regret writing that one(health transfer), for realism's sake. But if there's a good SDK it could be modded :)

The unarmed skill is a good idea.