PDA

View Full Version : Small TR:U preview in Gameinformer

officerpuppy
19th Jan 2008, 19:19
It's a two page spread and the screens look like the ones that have been floating around recently. One thing worth noteing is that in the caption for one of the screen shots it reads "An Olympic gymnast is doing motion capture work for all of Lara's movements".

naraku
19th Jan 2008, 23:09
I got my copy a few days ago. They are nice:D . I wish it had an awesome cover like Play Magazine does. Too bad I can't post anything cause were not allowed:( .

RaiderGirl#1
20th Jan 2008, 01:59
That's cool that they're doing motion capture, a way to make Lara more realistic!

Mangar The Dark
22nd Jan 2008, 21:11
One thing that had me a little bit concerned when I read the preview is that they talk about blending different elements of the game. For example, in past TR games, puzzle solving and combat were always kept separate, whereas in TRU, they say you'll occasionally have to solve puzzles while fighting. I hope they don't overdo that. I like being able to think my way through a puzzle in peace.

Other than that, the preview makes it sound very promising. Aside from the motion captured Lara, they also mentioned that the world will be a lot more open than it was in TRL and TRA, with more paths through a level. That's definitely a good thing.

TDK
22nd Jan 2008, 21:53
An Olympic gymnast is doing motion capture work for all of Lara's movements
OMG this is realy cool :eek:
this is going to make the game ROCKS :D
Man now im more excited for the game :mad2:
I wana play it NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDK
22nd Jan 2008, 22:02
umm you made me worry ! i think solving puzzle is wut makes TR is cool but not putting alot of it will make it an action game not adventur :(
i think TRU is going to be longer than TRL AND TRU just like the old games i hope they'll make it very hard too even when you play it in easy way tht will make ppl doing this :mad2: LOL
and
about "the world will be a lot more open" thts great news :rolleyes:
i hope they'll put with the croft manor an option that will make you go outside the manor and have a look around london (wich i think they'll not do it cuz its will make it a GTA game not TR) :p will its not a bad idea isnt it :D

One thing that had me a little bit concerned when I read the preview is that they talk about blending different elements of the game. For example, in past TR games, puzzle solving and combat were always kept separate, whereas in TRU, they say you'll occasionally have to solve puzzles while fighting. I hope they don't overdo that. I like being able to think my way through a puzzle in peace.

Other than that, the preview makes it sound very promising. Aside from the motion captured Lara, they also mentioned that the world will be a lot more open than it was in TRL and TRA, with more paths through a level. That's definitely a good thing.

Mangar The Dark
24th Jan 2008, 16:59
umm you made me worry ! i think solving puzzle is wut makes TR is cool but not putting alot of it will make it an action game not adventur

I think you may have misunderstood. The designers didn't say they were cutting down on the number of puzzles, they said they were planning to integrate the different gameplay elements more seamlessly. In previous TR games, you'd have a few fights, then do some platforming, then come to a puzzle room and solve a puzzle. Therefore, the elements of platforming, fighting and combat were often kept separate. For TRU, they want to blend these elements. The gave an example of Lara having a gunfight while swinging on a rope, and they also said she may be attacked by enemies while trying to solve a puzzle.

LisaB1962
24th Jan 2008, 19:52
The gave an example of Lara having a gunfight while swinging on a rope, and they also said she may be attacked by enemies while trying to solve a puzzle.

I don't know. Nothing annoys me more than enemies attacking to make something more difficult. *thinks of GOW2* After a while it just feels contrived.

TDK
25th Jan 2008, 10:14
Oh i see i couldnt get it at the first time :p
wow its seems the game is going top be really hard just like the old games for lara

I think you may have misunderstood. The designers didn't say they were cutting down on the number of puzzles, they said they were planning to integrate the different gameplay elements more seamlessly. In previous TR games, you'd have a few fights, then do some platforming, then come to a puzzle room and solve a puzzle. Therefore, the elements of platforming, fighting and combat were often kept separate. For TRU, they want to blend these elements. The gave an example of Lara having a gunfight while swinging on a rope, and they also said she may be attacked by enemies while trying to solve a puzzle.

Mangar The Dark
25th Jan 2008, 13:50
I don't know. Nothing annoys me more than enemies attacking to make something more difficult. *thinks of GOW2* After a while it just feels contrived.

Yeah, that was my original point-- I like to be able to think my way through a puzzle in peace. I don't want to be trying to figure out some brainteaser while mercs are gunning at me. Plus, this sounds like they're putting extra emphasis on fighting, which is never really a good thing in TR.

Rai
25th Jan 2008, 14:12
Would it possible for a link to the preview? Is it even online?

I'd just like to be able to read it to see what they say.

Ta. :D

rabid metro
26th Jan 2008, 02:42
the article isn't online at Game Informer (http://www.gameinformer.com/magazine/).
however, there is the Tomb Raider Chronicles review (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3387.html) of that article ...

Rai On!

michael-croft
11th Mar 2008, 22:02
Heidi moneymaker is the gymnast, just to let anyone know but i think she did legend and anniversary aswell as the new underworld:confused:

Rai
11th Mar 2008, 22:36
I don't think they've used motion capture before, michael-croft. Have they?

naraku
15th Mar 2008, 21:58
Has anyone read the new issue of game informer. I got it in the mail today.

On page 15;
Decisions, Decisions

Pidgeon believes that Majesco's success story is one that holds a few lessons. While some publishers will inevetiably be acquired (for instance, Eidos/SCi was a popular target until recently), others may downsize and focus on one title or technology, and some have the vision to strike out in other directions. Pidgeon believes that realistically coming to grips with your situation is important. Assess your audience and the competition. and it goes on. there is a picture of Lara in Anniversary (lost Valley) it has a an insert
Eidos' IP such as Tomb Raider recently made it an attractive target for acquisition.