PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Underworld First Hand Information

GoranAgar
17th Jan 2008, 19:16
Ok folks,

We saw it. Today. My wife CatSuit&Ponytail and I visited the fine folks from Eidos Germany today to look at the current version of Tomb Raider Underworld. So what you read now is our own observation of the current code. Unfortunately the motto was "paws off and no pictures allowed", so we had voice control Lara ;) . *Walk her over there* *Turn around* *Try to jump up there*.

Again, what we saw today is the current version and nothing is written in stone yet.

http://www.goranagar.com/load/DayAtEidos-2008-01-17-005.gif
A clean Cat and a muddy Lara and check out the weather behind her. ;)

Here are the things we noticed. I am not going to check if any of this has already been written somewhere else:

Wild animals do not only attack Lara but also the bad guys and bad guys fight Lara and the animals. I like that because this bad guy/wild animal alliances always bugged me.
The weather effects are amazing. It looked like a Mexico level we were shown and it was raining and lightning and thunder crashed all around. Here and there the sun came through and all the things that should have a shadow had one. Untill the sun was blocked by clouds again. The rain that ran down the ground, walls, ledges, gargoyles, stairs and Lara looked very realistic.
Laras animations are still very arcade style but are noticeably nicer and smoother than before.
Similar to AOD Lara has close combat abilities again. Including a tobi geri. :D
She can sporadically pick up objects and use them for close combat, to use them as items or both.
The sprint is back. YES
The bodies disappear NOT! At least not on the XBox360
Lara has numerous facial expressions.
Music works like in Anniversary.
When Lara moves through bushes the bushes move.
Lara does show slight muscles, which is a nice touch of realism.
Animals jump over objects to follow/reach Lara.
The puzzles we have seen did not look too shallow
The paths you have to go are not as obvious as in the two previous games.

That is all I can remember for now. The game is in Next Generation quality and looks very good. I can not compare it to Uncharted, because I have not seen Uncharted yet. ;)

Anyways, we had a very good special day and a lot of fun in Hamburg.

Tomb-Dude
17th Jan 2008, 19:26
:eek: :eek: WOW :eek: :eek:

Cheers for the information GoranAgar :thumbsup:

Treeble
17th Jan 2008, 19:32
W00t! Excellent info, thanks Goran! :thumbsup:

Spong
17th Jan 2008, 19:36
And that's the first proper information I've allowed myself to read about TRU.

Thanks for that Goran :thumbsup:
I trust your level-headed judgement (pretty-much straight from the horse's mouth and all that). Maybe I have a reason to finally start thinking happy thoughts about the next game...:rolleyes:

Rai
17th Jan 2008, 20:04
Thank you so much for this, Goran and Catsuit!

This is amazing news, fabulous! Cheesy grins all round then. :D :D

The game sounds fantastic. Here's hoping the PS2 version won't lose too much of those weather effects or other things. What's tobi geri?

GoranAgar
17th Jan 2008, 20:06
Thank you so much for this, Goran and Catsuit!

This is amazing news, fabulous! Cheesy grins all round then. :D :D

The game sounds fantastic. Here's hoping the PS2 version won't lose too much of those weather effects.
I can`t really see the PS2 pulling this off. Same goes for the bodies that stay. Probably not gonna happen on the PS2.

This is a tobi geri: http://kcp.neuf.fr/Photos/Yahara/yahara_yoko.jpg. Although she does not jump that high.

Rai
17th Jan 2008, 20:07
Shame. But whatever that platform gets (if it does), It still sounds fab.

Treeble
17th Jan 2008, 20:18
This is a tobi geri: http://kcp.neuf.fr/Photos/Yahara/yahara_yoko.jpg. Although she does not jump that high.

LOL, for some reason I get reminded of Kill Bill. Lara should have been featured in the upcoming Super Smash Bros Brawl (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html) game. :(

humbug
17th Jan 2008, 20:46
Thanks for posting Goran, its good to hear news about TRU straight from the horses mouth! :thumbsup:

LegendLost
17th Jan 2008, 20:48
It's nice to finally have RELIABLE info, thanks Goran!

P.s. hope you enjoyed your time at Eidos!

GoranAgar
17th Jan 2008, 21:09
P.s. hope you enjoyed your time at Eidos!
Oh, we did. Big time. :D

Atheist
17th Jan 2008, 21:20
Wild animals do not only attack Lara but also the bad guys and bad guys fight Lara and the animals. I like that because this bad guy/wild animal alliances always bugged me.
The weather effects are amazing. It looked like a Mexico level we were shown and it was raining and lightning and thunder crashed all around. Here and there the sun came through and all the things that should have a shadow had one. Untill the sun was blocked by clouds again. The rain that ran down the ground, walls, ledges, gargoyles, stairs and Lara looked very realistic.
Lara has numerous facial expressions.
When Lara moves through bushes the bushes move.
Lara does show slight muscles, which is a nice touch of realism.
Animals jump over objects to follow/reach Lara.

Awesome. :eek:

The sprint is back. YES
The bodies disappear NOT! At least not on the XBox360
The paths you have to go are not as obvious as in the two previous games.

OMG yes!! :D :D

a tobi geri. :D

A what...?

Tomb-Dude
17th Jan 2008, 21:23
sounds like Atheist is pleased with this one also lol...

But then again with news like that which is more offical then anything. It's fantastic! Just got to wait 11 months... What a joke lol but it will be worth it... Just better got more screenshots and movies soon and everything :p

Atheist
17th Jan 2008, 21:24
I hope the bodies stay on the PC version. If they don't, I might get angry.

ANGRRRRRRY...! :mad:

RAWRARARAR

Tomb-Dude
17th Jan 2008, 21:26
I hope the bodies stay on the PC version. If they don't, I might get angry.

I think they will since PC are qute strong, depending really on your own pc. But they aint as weak as the PS2 soooo im 95% that they will stay Atheist.

Atheist
17th Jan 2008, 21:31
I think they will since PC are qute strong, depending really on your own pc. But they aint as weak as the PS2 soooo im 95% that they will stay Atheist.

Good. The Eidos HQ's windows will stay un-smashed. :D:thumbsup:

(the bricks are ready though...just in case.)

Tomb-Dude
17th Jan 2008, 21:33
Good. The Eidos HQ's windows will stay un-smashed. :D:thumbsup:

:lol: I think you would be in big doo doo lol if you did smash their windows lol...

I just hand a random image of you doing that (only seen a pic of you on here on the community photos) so u it was a blurred image. So me sitting here in my bedroom laughing to my self, must look pretty mad to my parents...

Atheist
17th Jan 2008, 21:35
:lol: I think you would be in big doo doo lol if you did smash their windows lol...

I just hand a random image of you doing that (only seen a pic of you on here on the community photos) so u it was a blurred image. So me sitting here in my bedroom laughing to my self, must look pretty mad to my parents...

LOL. :lol:

That was a pretty old photo though. I'm much taller and older and more beautiful now. Just imagine Kate Moss throwing bricks at Eidos and you'd be half way there. :thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
17th Jan 2008, 21:37
LOL. :lol:

That was a pretty old photo though. I'm much taller and older and more beautiful now. Just imagine Kate Moss throwing bricks at Eidos and you'd be half way there. :thumbsup:

;) ok then i will have a half way image then lol...

My pics are about 4-5 months summer holz?
And im much better looking now no blond no more.

I wonder what Eido's would do if they found out all there windows have been smashed...

Rai
17th Jan 2008, 22:03
;) ok then i will have a half way image then lol...

My pics are about 4-5 months summer holz?
And im much better looking now no blond no more.

I wonder what Eido's would do if they found out all there windows have been smashed...

Well, they'd know who to point the blame....

:lol:

ps: Athiest, look up a bit ad you'll find Goran has already posted a link to explain what a tobi geri is- I didn't know until I saw it.

Xcom
17th Jan 2008, 22:10
Similar to AOD Lara has close combat abilities again. Including a tobi geri. :D
She can sporadically pick up objects and use them for close combat, to use them as items or both.

Awesome! :D

LegendLost
17th Jan 2008, 22:24
Goran, Don't know if you can answer this, but if you can. Did Lara have a headset on/do we have to listen to Zip/Allister?

NightRain'06
17th Jan 2008, 23:25
I didn't want to read any spoilers. I'm just so glad to see the now official TRU announcement news title !

naraku
18th Jan 2008, 00:08
Sprint is back!:thumbsup: :D Yes. Thank you, thank you thank you. I could just kiss you guys. "But I won't":nut: Animals chase you down and attack bad guys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Does she have a magnetic grapple? Or like in TRA? Thank you so much Goran and Cat.

naraku
18th Jan 2008, 01:14
I don't know how to use Spoiler tags. Oops, Never mind. I just saw them while replying. Thanks for the heads up Xcom.

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2008, 16:13
I updated my post a bit. :) Enjoy.

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 16:17
Right so you go play it and then RUB IT in our faces. Thats right!!

Joking :rasp: I guess you do deserve to play it. Well thanks for that I am now very very excited... Yesss. Thanks so much for that guys BRILLIANT!! well thanks for all that information. As soon as you get hold of more Guess who wants to know!! *Dog phants* :rasp:

MercuryRapids
1st Feb 2008, 16:20
http://www.goranagar.com/load/DayAtEidos-2008-01-17-005.gif

For some reason I found myself watching for your missus to move! :D

RUGRLN
1st Feb 2008, 16:49
Wow, it looks amazing, can't wait!!!! I'm going crazy over it, can't believe gotta wait -11+ whole months.......:( :( :(

LegendLost
1st Feb 2008, 17:29
Confused. I thought pics weren't allowed? Should I save this to my comp or is it safe to say it will be up here safe?

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2008, 18:09
Confused. I thought pics weren't allowed? Should I save this to my comp or is it safe to say it will be up here safe?
The embargo for pictures of this level ended today.

RuumTaedor
1st Feb 2008, 18:40

She's looking fabulous as usual. Dark coloured outfit, a bit of hair fallen over her forehead, does she ever look so-so?

Oh, and Lara looks great too, even covered in mud. (Couldn't resist hehe.)

Tomb-Dude
1st Feb 2008, 18:42
Just a curious quiestion... What is the news about hte PS2 version. Obviously the graphics wont be as but i would like to know if it is good or bad, (pointless to buy it for that console)

Diva
1st Feb 2008, 20:39
Nice images Goran ... and that weather system is still only 50% completed.
Trust me guys, even at 50% it was mind blowing

@ Cat ... Lookin as good as ever huni ;)

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 20:42
Nice images Goran ... and that weather system is still only 50% completed.
Trust me guys, even at 50% it was mind blowing

@ Cat ... Lookin as good as ever huni ;)

It keeps getting better by the second :D Im sooooo excited!!

@Rumm

Hhahahahhahhahahahaha good one!! Hhahahahahah

Diva
1st Feb 2008, 20:45
You should be ... each level will have it's own weather system too :D

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 20:50
Read you tombraider board thing. It was brilliant, Swan Dive & Shoot I mean comon thats enough to get anyone hyped up!!! (And your very lucky to be able to see it and must be a fan so keep it up :thumbsup:)

Diva
1st Feb 2008, 20:52
Read you tombraider board thing. It was brilliant, Swan Dive & Shoot I mean comon thats enough to get anyone hyped up!!! (And your very lucky to be able to see it and must be a fan so keep it up :thumbsup:)

Very lucky indeed ... and it's been really hard to keep the info quiet, wanted to share with you all for so long now.
Everyone at Eidos was fantastic, they are even more lucky to work there, I'm so jealous :(

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 21:09
Very lucky indeed ... and it's been really hard to keep the info quiet, wanted to share with you all for so long now.
Everyone at Eidos was fantastic, they are even more lucky to work there, I'm so jealous :(

Hhahahhaaha, Well if you aim for it you might achieve it :D How were they at Eidos? I really want to meet them some day :D Awww, Dreams I guess ,although I have spoken to some massive fans and very proud of that, And they know my name!!!!!!! *FAINTS!!* :lol: :lol:

Diva
1st Feb 2008, 21:12
The staff at Eidos were wonderful ... *whispers* Keir is so cute :P
Lets hope they will have another influx of information for us all really soon :D

Goran, are you going back again for more info?

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 21:14
The staff at Eidos were wonderful ... *whispers* Keir is so cute :P
Lets hope they will have another influx of information for us all really soon :D

Hhahahahah your so lucky, how come you get to go... Im confused :scratch: and where was it?

GoranAgar
1st Feb 2008, 21:28
We certainly will. :)

William Croft
1st Feb 2008, 21:31
We certainly will. :)

Someone wouldnt mind coming *cough* ME *cough*

:lol: Hhahahaha only joking but keep us updated please :D

RuumTaedor
1st Feb 2008, 21:38
@Rumm

Hhahahahhahhahahahaha good one!! Hhahahahahah

Mmmm, Rummmm. ;)

Joshorty
2nd Feb 2008, 09:39
Thanks for wrapping the spoiler tags :D To hear and see that you guys were able to try it is awesome enough :D Darn lucky hehe.

Now I think this time I'm really gonna hold myself away from the previews...I'm getting that 'too much feed' like in the Legend days...it's not feeling so good :(

Capkeez
2nd Feb 2008, 11:35
It looks like Zip and Alister will indeed be returning, but not as often.

William Croft
2nd Feb 2008, 11:41
It looks like Zip and Alister will indeed be returning, but not as often.

Really???????? Wow!! woot woot :D

-Roli-
2nd Feb 2008, 14:54
Thanks, guys :thumbsup:

I uploaded to my site, if no problem :)

http://tombraider.extra.hu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=162&Itemid=1

ScarAnna
2nd Feb 2008, 21:58
Thank you SO much for this info Garan! I heard just what i wanted to hear! Im so excited :D

TDK
3rd Feb 2008, 05:14
Lucky bugger :D

Bampire
3rd Feb 2008, 23:56
I'm even more excited! BAAHH!!

giorgi
4th Feb 2008, 07:12
I am a new member!

okashii
4th Feb 2008, 08:28
Is the controls for lara going to be better than anniversary? Cause sometimes the whole camera angle thing messed up gameplay and I thought that could be better.:mad2:

Wess~Gamer
4th Feb 2008, 13:48
I am a new member!

Welcome! :D
Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.. ;)

LisaB1962
4th Feb 2008, 14:06
Wow. Thanks so much for the info. It sounds good. :thumbsup:

Spidey Fan!
4th Feb 2008, 17:26
Hey thanks for the info! Ive been dying to get some more for weeks! Oh by the way I think its AWESOME that i'm posting a comment to you and your wife. And Why I think its AWESOME?! Coz I saw you guys on the documentary on TR Anniversary collectors edition! ROCK ON DUDES!!!!!:cool:

William Croft
4th Feb 2008, 17:49
Hey thanks for the info! Ive been dying to get some more for weeks! Oh by the way I think its AWESOME that i'm posting a comment to you and your wife. And Why I think its AWESOME?! Coz I saw you guys on the documentary on TR Anniversary collectors edition! ROCK ON DUDES!!!!!:cool:

I know!!! Its amazing!! Speaking to the biggest fans (I'm not saying that sarcastically,) They're amazing arent they :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

KasigiYabuSama
8th Feb 2008, 07:50
"Tobi geri" - is that like a mawashi geri? 'Been awhile since the Goju days and just started some Nihongo discs this week, as it happens. So far I've only gotten to the Three Most Important Phrases In Any Language: "Where is the beer?" "Where is the toilet?" and "I Love You" - in that order... 'Don't think they'll do martial arts terminology anyway but I know geri is a kick.

Good grief, the weather and lighting look incredible even in a 3-4 frame animation. I stopped at the newsstand at a Fry's today and perused the Play magazine article on Underworld - the mag was all grimy and crumpled so I didn't buy it, but what I'm seeing and reading has got me very, very psyched.

Thanks for the info & pic, G.

GoranAgar
8th Feb 2008, 08:23
"Tobi geri" - is that like a mawashi geri?
It is a jumped kick. :)

Spidey Fan!
9th Feb 2008, 12:09
Do you think that Natla will be in this TR game? Because at the end of Legend there were crates that said Natla industries on them, In Anniversary at the beginning it showed Natla appear in Mexico which is where underworld is mainly set, and at the end she explains that she can find another atlantis. What do you guys think? Can I just say everyone here is awesome, DUDES!!! :nut:

Joshorty
9th Feb 2008, 17:01
I thought those crates were just an Easter egg towards Anniversary :D Well I guess now we can try to make some linkage...though I don't want to be too sure about it...

William Croft
9th Feb 2008, 20:16
I thought those crates were just an Easter egg towards Anniversary :D Well I guess now we can try to make some linkage...though I don't want to be too sure about it...

Thats exactly what I thought.

Jezyk
12th Feb 2008, 10:56
It was an easter egg... pretty unfortunate one if you think about all the stupid Amanda/Natla speculation it caused.

Angie Croft
12th Feb 2008, 15:44
Can't wait to see Underworld....:lmao: I hope I'll get a new graphic card by then! :D

LVTR
14th Feb 2008, 17:31
I tried to register on the Tombraider Underworld website and United States is not available as a country. http://www.tombraider.com/

John Carter
14th Feb 2008, 17:40
I tried to register on the Tombraider Underworld website and United States is not available as a country. http://www.tombraider.com/

On the tombraider.com front page, at the top right, there are little national flags. Click on the USA flag and it will then take you to a registration screen where USA is the choice on top of the country selection screen.

LVTR
18th Feb 2008, 19:50
I see the flags now - perfect.

jawscroft
20th Feb 2008, 20:17
Hello :)!

Im a new member, i thought id pop on the TR website and see if there was anything new and saw UNDERWORLD. My heart went in my mouth haha! I'm so so so excited, i can't believe we have to wait so long!D:

The spoilers were interesting, i'm really excited! :D

*Thankyou for the info!

james987654321
21st Feb 2008, 02:34
Hello :)!

Im a new member, i thought id pop on the TR website and see if there was anything new and saw UNDERWORLD. My heart went in my mouth haha! I'm so so so excited, i can't believe we have to wait so long!D:

The spoilers were interesting, i'm really excited! :D

*Thankyou for the info!

ino! the same thing happened to me, i was just gna check da tombraider website n then i saw... UNDERWORLD, i got so excited n signed up 2 this thing! cant wait!!

killer4life
22nd Feb 2008, 17:46
Wow Allsome Underworld But I Had Thunk That The name was goin be Legend 2 wher she trys to fine her moms and stuff Well Any Ways cant wait for the release:thumbsup:

Rai
22nd Feb 2008, 17:51
Wow Allsome Underworld But I Had Thunk That The name was goin be Legend 2 wher she trys to fine her moms and stuff Well Any Ways cant wait for the release:thumbsup:

Well...the story is Legend 2, but CD chose a better title. ;)

killer4life
23rd Feb 2008, 11:47
Well...the story is Legend 2, but CD chose a better title. ;)

O dam iam good i know that its was goin to happen i ben playin tr first came out 1996 or 97 i belav cant realy rember back :scratch: its was what 32 bit or something

UNDERTOMB
23rd Feb 2008, 22:23
umm yummy lara gossip!!!!any more news guys:confused:

RuumTaedor
24th Feb 2008, 04:06
umm yummy lara gossip!!!!any more news guys:confused:

Hi UnderTomb, and welcome to the Eidos forums. It's probably just your choice of words, but just to clarify, Goran and Cat don't do "gossip". Goran and Cat have seen the work-in-progress Tomb Raider Underworld and have brought us, like the thread title says, first hand information. You will, of course, find lots of gossip and news in the other threads in this forum.

Alexlovesguns
25th Feb 2008, 00:01
Like always their reports are much apretiated, very promissing and nice but im rather skeptical this time, looking back... at how fast i went thru the last 2 games and how fast they were shelved and forgotten compared to the early ones... i see the nice graphics but i hope the platforming, puzzle solving, etc will match. I also hope they will finally dump that awfull checkpoint save system.

Anyway i feel like something is missing in the new gen of TR games and if it wasnt for the first games and how much i loved them i probably wouldnt even be here :scratch: .

rabid metro
25th Feb 2008, 06:56
...and if it wasnt for the first games and how much i loved them i probably wouldnt even be here...

is there any way to verify your thesis?

like any large population, some members will exit as new ones arrive.
i think, in a global sense, the TR population is currently growing, perhaps for different reasons than it was growing originally ...

hey, its easy to speculate, isn't it?
:cool:

james987654321
26th Feb 2008, 08:29
oh man, i wish i never found out about underworld coz now i have to wait! :nut: It wud hav been cool if i found out the day b4 it was gna b released coz now the anticipation is killin me! :D i cant w8 so excited!!!

Headache
26th Feb 2008, 18:13
This is very exciting! I just found out about Underworld today, and it wasn't even on this site - Wikipedia, of all places!
But it sounds as if they're finally picking up all the pieces where previous TR games missed out.

lara-supreme
2nd Mar 2008, 13:10
Okay so the info I have gotten here has been excellent. I was thinking of buying the issue of play magazine that featured the tomb raider underworld exclusive. So is it worth it, or is it just going to give me info I have already read here in this thread, or on the web?

LaraLara
3rd Mar 2008, 03:03
Who is the woman with red hair? Man If there's one thing that's going to make me get a PS3/Xbox360, it's going to be TRU.

RuumTaedor
3rd Mar 2008, 03:39
Who is the woman with red hair?...

Goran did say, in part, the following in the first post.

...My wife CatSuit&Ponytail and I visited the fine folks from Eidos Germany today...A clean Cat and a muddy Lara and check out the weather behind her. ;)

"Cat" being CatSuit&Ponytail, also one of the moderators at this fine forum.

Hippie
8th Mar 2008, 03:05
...but now I've been checking in every so often since Underworld's announcement. It's good to here about all the improvements. To think we have to wait 11 months is tough, but since I'm on the PS3 with a nice 42 inch Plasma to back it up, it should be worth the wait. Since I got the new t.v., the quality of PS3 games has really improved, so I think Underworld shouldn't disappoint me. And I like the idea that the paths are not too obvious. Are they that good?

Larapink
13th Mar 2008, 23:08
Like always their reports are much apretiated, very promissing and nice but im rather skeptical this time, looking back... at how fast i went thru the last 2 games and how fast they were shelved and forgotten compared to the early ones... i see the nice graphics but i hope the platforming, puzzle solving, etc will match. I also hope they will finally dump that awfull checkpoint save system.

Anyway i feel like something is missing in the new gen of TR games and if it wasnt for the first games and how much i loved them i probably wouldnt even be here :scratch: .
Yes you are missing out on alot of the story because you are rushing through the game without taking the time and effort to enjoy playing tomb raider. You should become a slow raider then you will appreciate the game more.

LisaB1962
14th Mar 2008, 12:09
The story's not that hard to get, even if one is "rushing." It's not Silent Hill or anything. :D

singyouranthem
22nd Mar 2008, 13:27
Thanks for the information, Goran!

Yay for the sprint function if it remains! How many times have I pressed on my laptop's key to make Lara sprint in TRA during those long distances.

By the way, I'm a new member here, just want to say that this forum seems friendly and welcoming (though I've only read this thread and the one to count up to TRU's release).

jordoz12
24th Mar 2008, 02:27
I can`t really see the PS2 pulling this off. Same goes for the bodies that stay. Probably not gonna happen on the PS2.

btw i highly doubt the wii can pull these graphics off so ill have to get it for my pc, Whens the earliest i can expect a system requirement list/ recomended

laras big mouth
24th Mar 2008, 15:29
can,t wait i do hope they bring it out on psp... if not i can always get the ps2 version so yay:D

SmartCookie1035
1st Apr 2008, 23:07
Very very good spoiler insurance for those of us who like surprises...

I'm not really one of them, but I have to give you credit. :D

Joleah
2nd Apr 2008, 00:43
I like TR but come on you guys, don't you want something different? Like a third Fear Effect 3 game.....:) ;)

TwinPistols
2nd Apr 2008, 09:33
Tru will be, in a word, EXCELLENT!!!

Joleah: No.:D ;)

Miss. Croft
6th Apr 2008, 03:14
Yay! Thanks for the info GoranAgar ;)
The sprint is back
YES!!! I cant wait for the game to come out!!!:D

JordG
10th Apr 2008, 14:49
THANK YOU!!:D:thumbsup:

Gamer4Lyfe
17th Apr 2008, 16:38
I'm back! Now that TRU is beginning to show its face!

Thanks Goran!

LaraLara
20th Apr 2008, 15:33
It's been a while since I've been on these forums. Amazing screenshots!

*oops. this was supposed to be under the new pictures sticky...

Boogie
21st Apr 2008, 19:54
i was think ohw it such a long time away then i thought... this isn't THE longest, but i think angel of darkness to legend was or chronicles to AOD?:confused:

BlueSkiesXXV
24th Apr 2008, 18:13
Hi Goran,

Thanks for the update.
However, more than anything, it is great to see that both you and your good lady wife are still Tomb Raider Ambassadors...after all these years :)
I hope that you both keep it up for years to come, it is really appreciated by many of us.

Blue Ones!

Doddie63
26th Apr 2008, 16:56
I am totally looking forward to Tomb Raider. I have all the other games and inspite of the glitches, I play them all. After I have played the game I then go back and try to find all the treasures etc. I love the checkpoints. I know others dislike them, but to me there is nothing worse than having to do something and no way to save the game. I get so tired of playing and replaying one area simply because I have to turn off the machine. I much prefer the option of saving or not but the checkpoints work for me too.

Ms.Croft.Legend
27th Apr 2008, 11:02
I think it's great that the paths aren't abvious anymore. It was so annoying where you could see where to run. It would be awesome if it wa just jungle and YOU had to find your way. Sure you could get lost but I mean, lara croft isnt a human compass. She must explor and go wild!

I am so psyched for the new Lara Croft. Its soooo on my Christmas list.

imported_ViNi__
27th Apr 2008, 18:10
I would like to be lost in the game... :rolleyes:
Like the old ones :D

Sandra Croft
2nd May 2008, 20:08
Yes you are missing out on alot of the story because you are rushing through the game without taking the time and effort to enjoy playing tomb raider. You should become a slow raider then you will appreciate the game more.

Personally I couln´t care less about the story, what I want is some hard puzzels, and even if CD games are good they aren´t as hard as Core´s games, in other words they are enjoyable but to be excellent they need to improve the lineary and easinest of the levels. :whistle:

Bampire
3rd May 2008, 00:48
When's the new layout for the TR site going to be up? I hope soon, so we can keep up to date on the concept art, screenshots and what-not.

Doddie
3rd May 2008, 16:00
I can't imagine spending roughly $70.00 on a game and not trying to solve all the puzzles or find all the treasures. To truly appreciate a game one has to play it fully and become part of the story. As for ease of levels, there are many people who have disabilities and need an easier level. Also, the save points are essential. Who wants to play the same level over and over again. Having to leave the game for whatever reason could have a player going over and over again the same thing :mad2: . Drake is a great example of checkpoints used properly. Hope Laura has similar.

Sandra Croft
4th May 2008, 13:11
I can't imagine spending roughly $70.00 on a game and not trying to solve all the puzzles or find all the treasures. To truly appreciate a game one has to play it fully and become part of the story. As for ease of levels, there are many people who have disabilities and need an easier level. Also, the save points are essential. Who wants to play the same level over and over again. Having to leave the game for whatever reason could have a player going over and over again the same thing :mad2: . Drake is a great example of checkpoints used properly. Hope Laura has similar.

Maybe I sounded a little firm before I´m not saying that the story isn´t important it just isn´t that important to me, nor do I care much about secrets since they don´t give you much of rewards for finding them. That doesn´t mean however that I don´t truly appreciate the TR games, I love solving puzzels and I love the series. Anyway when I´m talkning about hard levels I mean hard puzzels not hard moves, so I don´t think that would be a problem for people with disabilities. On other hand I don´t think they should skip moves like the AD just because it´s hard for some people with disabilities, afterall that´s not a big market. If they can´t do the move then get a savegame file or play an easier game, TR has never been easy games. I just mean CD can´t please everyone so they need to try to please the majority of the fans.

rajesh.hotrod
5th May 2008, 01:03
ya this is super

Doddie63
5th May 2008, 13:17
I understand your position but not your thoughts on people with disabilities should get an easier TR game. With the technology Video companies know, it is very easy for them to make levels so everyone can enjoy the game. They pay the same dollars, why should they be expected to buy special software? Wii is an example taking advantage of a segment of society missed by the Video Co. as they cater to experienced hard core gamers, the family. I think Wii caught the industry by surprise.

Sandra Croft
5th May 2008, 14:31
I understand your position but not your thoughts on people with disabilities should get an easier TR game. With the technology Video companies know, it is very easy for them to make levels so everyone can enjoy the game. They pay the same dollars, why should they be expected to buy special software? Wii is an example taking advantage of a segment of society missed by the Video Co. as they cater to experienced hard core gamers, the family. I think Wii caught the industry by surprise.

Obviously I don´t have a problem with people with disabilities and the ideal would be if everyone enjoyed TRU. But unfourtunately there will be some people that will buy the game and not like it or find it to hard - you can´t please everyone. I for instance love the AD and the wallrun, including jumping sideways from the wall so I would like it to stay. So if they remove this moves than maybe more people will be unhappy than if they don´t. Anyway when I said a easier game I meant some other game than TR, obviously it´s sad if someone can´t play TR because of some disability but I´m sure there are other games they can´t play either like sports, and children can´t plat M rated games, you can´t get 100 % fairness, that´s life. :rolleyes: As for paying the same dollars, I payed a lot of money for TRA but only enjoyed half of the game but I don´t get half of my money back.

I guess they could make the AD optional and the wallrun easier but personal I like the wallrun the way it is because it feels a bit challenging, on other hand even if I like these moves I´m not sure if they are necessary, the most important thing for me is that the game has some challenging puzzels and I guess that´s possible even if they m ake the game easy for people with disabilities.

bothered
10th May 2008, 06:39
Similar to AOD Lara has close combat abilities again.

Oh I really hope there's nothing in common with AOD. I've got all the TRs but after 4 they got terrible until Legend (not too bad) and Anniversary (brilliant). Anniversary was what I wanted since TR3-4, lots of exploring and puzzles. Sure it's nice to win awards for graphics and innovation but if the cost is game play then it's not worth it. I hope Eidos remember what makes TR so popular. Can't wait.

mimi90
13th May 2008, 14:39
Oh I really hope there's nothing in common with AOD. I've got all the TRs but after 4 they got terrible until Legend (not too bad) and Anniversary (brilliant). Anniversary was what I wanted since TR3-4, lots of exploring and puzzles. Sure it's nice to win awards for graphics and innovation but if the cost is game play then it's not worth it. I hope Eidos remember what makes TR so popular. Can't wait.

Nicely said. I got a bit bored after Chronicles, it just wasn't that challenging... I think CD have really done well updating the game... What made Tomb Raider sooo good was her guns!! lol

croft_3
14th May 2008, 17:03
LOL, for some reason I get reminded of Kill Bill. Lara should have been featured in the upcoming Super Smash Bros Brawl (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/index.html) game. :(

LOL...i agree that would have been awsome lol....but i dont think they would ever do that thou:(

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 17:33

I have a PS2. I also have the game "Silent Hill 4: The Room" for PS2. The dead bodies stay in the exact location where you kill them. So I don't see why you guys think it would be a problem for PS2.

Great post though! What a wealth of Information! Thanks!!

gsusfrk
27th May 2008, 17:44
This is awesome, great info, really excited, just hope they don't move back the release date...again. Other than that, cant wait for the next installment of info coming up :D

LaraLara
28th May 2008, 00:10
I have a PS2. I also have the game "Silent Hill 4: The Room" for PS2. The dead bodies stay in the exact location where you kill them. So I don't see why you guys think it would be a problem for PS2.

Great post though! What a wealth of Information! Thanks!!

What are you talking about! The 'ghosts' start moving around when your back's turned! :lol:

By the way, games on the PS2 can look pretty nice if it's hardware is pushed to it's limit.

Deviancy
19th Jun 2008, 06:30

It's a hardware drain to have too many dead bodies floating around, which is why some pc games have an option to disable it or set it to 10-30 seconds. It depends on the game of course, Silent Hill 4 doesn't have nearly the same amount of npc's as lets say Call of Duty 4. As for Underworld, I have no idea how action oriented it is. Anniversary was pathetic, it had very few people to kill. But Legend had a ton, so Legend would have been a bit of a drain.

solitude
19th Jun 2008, 18:43
Guys the new Tomb Raider will be in PC right??

rabid metro
20th Jun 2008, 01:16
Guys the new Tomb Raider will be in PC right??

correct ... (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=76637)
:cool: