PDA

View Full Version : I have a glitch in T3

XxTheRockxX
16th Jan 2008, 20:25
There's a problem with my Thief whenever I try and lockpick/climb a ladder. My guy will walk in place for a few seconds and am not able to move him. Where it shows the weapon/item it says "none".
I'm not sure if there's a patch for this, or if anyone else even has this problem.

This is my first time through thief, so the solution could be simple and I'm just over looking it.

Computer specs:
Windows XP
Intel Core 2 duo 3.0
Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
2 gigs of ram

rdx11
1st Feb 2008, 02:05
I have been beating my head in trying to figure out what the hell causes this. It seems some kind of character positioning/animation/camera bug. I want to enjoy the game so badly but this **** is driving me insane. Hell, I'm not even able to play cause I can't climb the ladder into the pagan zone.

I've scoured the internet and I cannot find what's causing this.

Peter_Smith
2nd Feb 2008, 18:30
I do not have this problem. It is not common. I have done a little searching and come up completely dry. The only things I can think of, off the top of my head, are listed below.

Tell us what version of T3 you have and where you bought it.

(1) Immediately after starting T3, but before launching a game, set affinity of the t3.exe and t3main.exe processes to one processor using the Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL). If that works, use ProcessWatch (not imagecfg) to fix it permanently.

(2) Make your system totally clean with only one input and one output path. Check to see that you do not have duplicate video or audio (such as on-board and card) or duplicate input controllers such as mouse and game controller.

(3) deinstall and reinstall T3.

(4) Try deinstalling the 8800 and installing an older video card and see if that works.

If you try any of these ideas or anything else, please post feedback on what worked and what didn't work.

theBlackman
3rd Feb 2008, 04:28
And stop or kill ALL virus, firewall, browsers and any other background application that is not part of the system or services.

bumpinthenight
26th Feb 2008, 00:38
I have the same problem with lock picking some doors, chests and climbing ladders. I have had this problem from first time I installed thief 3, and have uninstalled and reinstalled T3 several times.I use fm levels and still have the same problem. When lock picking Garret moves forward and then stop for 2 or 3 seconds and then back to normal.When trying to climb some ladders Garret moves closer to ladder and stop for 2 or 3 seconds again, same problem when Garret tries to climb wall after finding the spell to make the blackjack break statues.Somebody has to know how to fix this problem. :confused:

windows xp
amd 64 3400
nvidia 6800 gt
1 gig ram

T3.exe
3rd Mar 2008, 02:53
Me too. I have this annoying problem also. I've tried all that's mentioned here, and nothing works.
It only happens on some ladders/doors/locks, others are perfect. I also noticed that if I stand still and spin around, then press the "w" key to move forward, I will move diagonally for 1 step, and then straighten up and walk forward again. That was always like that. So it may be normal. Or it may be connected. I read the supplied readme and tried the keyboard test with Notepad and all went fine. I can't get past the Pagan stage because I can't climb the ladder out of the sewers. So, I just uninstalled the game. Screw it.

CorwinofShadow
10th Apr 2008, 01:50
Me too.

I've had T3 for a while and it played fine on my old machine.

Built an AMD dual core machine a while back and recently reinstalled T3.

I have the same exact problem. Some chests with locks cannot be opened because when activating them you don't get the lock pick mini-game you get the same icons as when you pick up an unconcious/dead body - nothing.

I can't continue the game either at the same exact spot - the pagan sewers. No matter what I do you can't climb the ladder.

I tried the affinity suggestion but it didn't work.

Sometimes when I save, then exit the game, then restart, things return to normal. But not for the pagan sewer ladder.

My version is a retail CD set purchased when T3 first came out (v1.00), I couldn't wait to play and was not disappointed. It's patched (heh heh) to v1.01.

Guess it's time to say goodbye to Thief 3 because there will never be another patch for it.

DevilNight
8th Jun 2008, 02:23
I came accross the same probleme and to make things short all I did was to change perspective with the "V" key by default and it actually worked ...

I hope it helps :P
DevilNight

mattmanr
8th Jun 2008, 13:03
lol that does make sense i suppose if yuo don't want to keep it in 3rd person

CorwinofShadow
11th Jun 2008, 01:55
Force the game to use Vertical Sync (VSYNC) and all your problems will go away.