PDA

View Full Version : Who would make a better Lara?

Tomb-Dude
16th Jan 2008, 17:02
OK this is simple...

Who would amkes or makes a better Lara...

there are 3 options...

Claudia Black
http://wyrdstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/claudia_black_full.jpg

Angelina Jolie
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0146316/Batch_5_02.jpg

Kate Beckinsale
http://www.cinecultist.com/archives/underworld.jpg
Or

Some one else

but leave a comment. :D

William Croft
16th Jan 2008, 17:32
Angelina Jolie.. Cant see anyone else playing it so yes ANGELINA JOOLLIIEE!!:D

zakker
16th Jan 2008, 17:34
Angelina Jolie all the way:rasp:

Mangar The Dark
16th Jan 2008, 17:42
I vote "Other":
CGI Lara with Keely Hawes doing the voice. That would be the best, as far as I'm concerned.
Angelina was good, but I kind of saw her as a different Lara from the video game Lara. When I watch the movies, I never think, "Hey, that's the character who fought with Natla!" or anything like that. It's like two separate characters/universes. By making a CGI TR movie, they could probably do a better job of bridging the gap between movie and game.

Atheist
16th Jan 2008, 18:05
ANYONE but Angelina Jolie.

Mertz523
16th Jan 2008, 18:06
I'd love to see a CGI Tomb Raider film, but I have to say Angelina Jolie if they do a live action film.

Tigerman68
16th Jan 2008, 18:18
I voted "other". Here's my rundown:

Claudia Black - Isn't feminine enough.

Kate Beckinsale - Lacks the height, toughness, and the facial features.

Angelina Jolile - Has the facial features, can be feminine and tough at the same time...but...is too well known for the part. Are you saying "huh?"

I would like to see someone play Lara who hasn't landed that "big-time" action role yet. I think films garner a more "original" feel if an unknown steps into the shoes of an action hero and creates their first big break using that part. Think of previous films and film series and how much better we liked them because of it...

Tarzan - Johnny Weismuller
James Bond - Sean Connery
Conan - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Superman - Christopher Reeves
Spiderman - Toby McGuire

These are just a few. I know some of these guys acted previously, but they had not yet created a legacy through a fictional character. I would like to see that in the next Tomb Raider. So, I would like to see someone slide into Lara's boots who could create that legacy with her. Someone, who 10 years down the road, will still be referred to a "Lara Croft" by the public.

Who is my number one pick then? None other than Rhona Mitra. She's got the acting experience, plus donned Miss Croft's atire (so she's familiar with her), and has that natural British accent. She looks more like Lara than anyone out there (including Angelina) IMO. But, that's just me. :cool:

Rhona Mitra
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/2644/RhonaMitra_Grani_3983307_400.jpg

Liquid47
16th Jan 2008, 18:33
I voted "other". Here's my rundown:

Claudia Black - Isn't feminine enough.

Kate Beckinsale - Lacks the height, toughness, and the facial features.

Angelina Jolile - Has the facial features, can be feminine and tough at the same time...but...is too well known for the part. Are you saying "huh?"

I would like to see someone play Lara who hasn't landed that "big-time" action role yet. I think films garner a more "original" feel if an unknown steps into the shoes of an action hero and creates their first big break using that part. Think of previous films and film series and how much better we liked them because of it...

Tarzan - Johnny Weismuller
James Bond - Sean Connery
Conan - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Superman - Christopher Reeves
Spiderman - Toby McGuire

These are just a few. I know some of these guys acted previously, but they had not yet created a legacy through a fictional character. I would like to see that in the next Tomb Raider. So, I would like to see someone slide into Lara's boots who could create that legacy with her. Someone, who 10 years down the road, will still be referred to a "Lara Croft" by the public.

Who is my number one pick then? None other than Rhona Mitra. She's got the acting experience, plus donned Miss Croft's atire (so she's familiar with her), and has that natural British accent. She looks more like Lara than anyone out there (including Angelina) IMO. But, that's just me. :cool:

Rhona Mitra
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/2644/RhonaMitra_Grani_3983307_400.jpg

Ha,

The funny thing is, if you're an actor, you don't want to be associated with any one character for the rest of your life. That's a big blow to your career.

Some actors pull it off really well though. Johnny Depp is huge, but each of his characters he portrays are never overshadowed by his own status nor his other characters. Just you watch: when Sweeney Todd hits cinemas the world over, no one will mistake that man for Jack Sparrow.

But I digress. I think Angelina Jolie was a fanatasic Lara Croft. It's just the scripts bloody sucked that's what.

Tomb-Dude
16th Jan 2008, 18:47
I think Claudia Black as much, as i loved seeing AJ play Lara i would love to see her do the part because i think she would do well. If we get the right director, she is a great actress. She has a great sense of humour, in the TV series Stargate and Farscape, i loved to watch becuase of her humour and her kick ass mood.
I think she would also be a great part, becuase she knows how to hand guns. Has the body feature, can act really well i think.

But I would like to give her a try in the movie. But like i said before we need a good director but also a good script (a very good storyline)

TwinPistols
16th Jan 2008, 18:52
I voted angelina jolie, she's the best for TR movies, but claudia black would be a good lara...
And Karima Adebibe, would she be a good Lara in the movies?:scratch:

Tomb-Dude
16th Jan 2008, 20:33
To be honest i don' think Karima looks like that, but then again i say that. What would Lara actually look like as a human, huh?
We are going by our imaginations really, and the games for all we know Lara could look like... Angelina or Claudia or anyone to many names but could be anyone.

But the temperment and the way she acts would have to be like the games, but looks its varies really depending on how many time they have changed her looks?

I know im blabbering but it's been in my mind for a while, what would Lara actually look like though? :scratch:

Vernavoncroy
16th Jan 2008, 20:44
AJ certainly

naraku
17th Jan 2008, 01:32
I detest Claudia Black :( way back when she was doing "Hercules the Legendary Journeys" along side Kevin. She just lacks class. They have to be tough too. I believe Angelina if you walked up to her and slapped her she would so kick my butt. Not so with Claudia. Kate almost fits but she doesn't look like Ms. Croft. That chick who did Callisto Heidi Hudson Leick also almost fits the part.

Thanny
17th Jan 2008, 08:21
I detest Claudia Black :( way back when she was doing "Hercules the Legendary Journeys" along side Kevin. She just lacks class.
I rather think judging an actor from a cheesy TV show lacks class.

Until you have a look at her in "Farscape" and "Stargate: SG-1", you're not qualified to have a real opinion.

naraku
17th Jan 2008, 08:55
I have looked at her Farscape and Sg1 work. I was a big fan of SG-1 until she joined the cast. On the SG-1 forum I posted that the last two seasons was a Farscape invasion.

Tomb-Dude
17th Jan 2008, 17:48
everyone is intitle to there own opinions.

But i still go for Claudia Bllack becuase i would like to give her a try at it. See how well she actually does? As Lara croft. You never know she might impress?
Kate beckinsale might do a good Lara. Angelina does do a good Lara but... i dunno? Just something about it...

ditom
17th Jan 2008, 19:09
AJ she is the best.

Rai
17th Jan 2008, 20:30
Ange certainly has the looks, thought she did okay in the movies as Lara. 'Tis not her fault if the films themselves were a bit..mediocre? Her Lara was slightly one dimensional, but it is a while since I watched.

I've only seen Claudia Black in Farscape and think she's a pretty decent actress, so might do well.

Not sure about Kate.

As a voice only actress for Lara, Keeley Hawes is the best.

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 13:17
For me AJ is perfect but on the other hand Kate Beckinsale could make a good lara mybe i would choosed her if AJ dont wana do another film for TR

Claudia Black sorry but she is ugly and old :(

Rai
20th Jan 2008, 13:20
For me AJ is perfect but on the other hand Kate Beckinsale could make a good lara mybe i would choosed her if AJ dont wana do another film for TR

Old? She's the same age as me! :eek:

*cries*

but ya know, Ange is only a few years younger...;)

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 13:22
ages for these three

Claudia black:... 35 years (36 this yr in october)

Angelina jolie... 32 years (will be 33 in june)

Kate Beckinsale:... 34 years (will be 35 this yr in july)

:p

They are all around the age, which surprised me actually...

humbug
20th Jan 2008, 13:23

Ugly and Old, you've written it as if ugly and old come hand in hand!

Poor Rai :( *Gives Rai a big hug*

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 13:23

*cries*

*hugs* awww... lol

My parents are old... mum is 53 this yr and my dad is 51 lol

But then again my dad had 2 kids b4 he met my mum and vise veser

both kids from both parents are...
25 << two of them both from different parents
22 << ^^ same as above

and then they met and had me 15 lol

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 13:25
i mean her look

*cries*

but ya know, Ange is only a few years younger...:wink

humbug
20th Jan 2008, 13:28
Take a look at this pic then
http://www.celebopedia.com/claudia-black/images/claudia-black.jpg

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 13:31
In this pic she look good :thumbsup:
35 ! i can belef this :eek: in da first pic she looks like 44

Take a look at this pic then
http://www.celebopedia.com/claudia-black/images/claudia-black.jpg

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 13:32
I like Claudia Black...

Not to old, not to young...

humbug
20th Jan 2008, 13:34
In this pic she look good :thumbsup:
35 ! i can belef this :eek: in da first pic she looks like 44

In the last pic she was supposed to look tough- which obviously made her look older. ;)

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 13:36
FOr some reason the pic i had for AJ isn't showing....

But yer i must admite it does make her look a tad bit older... but i was trinyg to find one which would fit a Tr pose....

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 13:37
but Claudia dosent look like Lara ! not like AJ even KB dosent look like lara she too white (her skin)

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 13:39
I bet if we had Claudia black as Lara before Aj people would vote for Claudia Black as Lara... The only reason why people mostly say Aj is becuase we have seen her play the role as Lara. So people assosiate AJ as Lara. Unless you apsolutly dispise AJ like someone who i know on these forums... :rolleyes:

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 13:50
I dont agree with you :D
i'm big fan of AJ and i dont have anything aginst CB but its just i cant see her as Lara even some ppl say jessica alba ! well i can imagin jessica doing lara croft or mybe jennifer garner

I bet if we had Claudia black as Lara before Aj people would vote for Claudia Black as Lara... The only reason why people mostly say Aj is becuase we have seen her play the role as Lara. So people assosiate AJ as Lara. Unless you apsolutly dispise AJ like someone who i know on these forums... :rolleyes:

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 13:59
Yer intitled to your opinion. I dont have anything against that, im just saying what i think really. Becuase CB i thought had the feel. But that's me, oh well. I can dream lol.

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 14:03
LOL :rasp:
If CB acted the new lara croft it would be ok its always nice to change the actress just like bond films

Yer intitled to your opinion. I dont have anything against that, im just saying what i think really. Becuase CB i thought had the feel. But that's me, oh well. I can dream lol.

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 14:06

We will just have to wait but she has bee in sci-fi series so i highly doubt she would really get the part of Lara Croft lol.......

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 14:10
Ya she was in Stargate and The Chronicles of Rid****: Pitch Black
by the way i would love to see another Rid**** film :D

We will just have to wait but she has bee in sci-fi series so i highly doubt she would really get the part of Lara Croft lol.......

uzigirl
20th Jan 2008, 14:16
Angelina of course! Is there anyone else???

ScarAnna
20th Jan 2008, 20:01
Angelina Jolie, absolutely! I just can't see anyone else as Lara :D

Rai
20th Jan 2008, 20:12

Why would her being in a series stop her getting the part if she went for it?

If an actor goes to the auditions or gets asked to consider the role, why not. It doesn't matter if she isn't a film actress, just if she's a good enough actress.

naraku
20th Jan 2008, 22:33
If CB would fit in the TR film universe she'd be perfect for Natla. Just not Lara. :rasp:

~Raven23~
21st Jan 2008, 07:43
Angelina Jolie :D

LaraCroftLuver
21st Jan 2008, 22:45
I say hands down Karima

TDK
21st Jan 2008, 23:16
No and no and no and no :mad2:
Karima is model not actress plus she dosent know how to act ****

I say hands down Karima

Rai
21st Jan 2008, 23:21
How do you know that? Karima might have lessons. No one knows if she can act as we haven't seen her act.

Besides, she has resigned as Lara's model, she had more work coming in and doesn't have time to fit it all in.

Bampire
22nd Jan 2008, 08:43
Okay.. I must say this. I wasn't familiar with Claudia, but just seeing her picture, I think she's perfect for Lara's part.

She's got the beautifully sculpted visage, skin, hair, eyes.. Just elegant..

TDK
22nd Jan 2008, 10:42
I think she acted ones in AVP the first film but she didnt apper alot :scratch:
i guess any way i love her as model but actress :confused:
Oh realy she left modeling ? i didnt know tht :eek:
she was the best model ever :thumbsup:

How do you know that? Karima might have lessons. No one knows if she can act as we haven't seen her act.

Besides, she has resigned as Lara's model, she had more work coming in and doesn't have time to fit it all in.

Tomb-Dude
22nd Jan 2008, 16:39
Okay.. I must say this. I wasn't familiar with Claudia, but just seeing her picture, I think she's perfect for Lara's part.

She's got the beautifully sculpted visage, skin, hair, eyes.. Just elegant..

YAY... SOme one else who thinks the same as me.... lol that is 3 for CB, more then i expected lol...

And Karima... She could act, dont no but to be honest i didn't think she really looked alra, yer she had the body the agression with the gun and posing bla bla bla... but she didn't seem "Lara" enough. Don't know why but that's what i think.

james987654321
1st Mar 2008, 06:18
I would not want to see claudia as angelina... ever! Ive wanted to see Kate bekinsale as lara for ages and was even more convinced after underworld... shes english, hot, feminine with a dark side n kicks ass, as for angelina i think shes an appropriate fit, im happy with her

Fickji
10th Mar 2008, 22:53
No more Angelina. Please no more. I recently watched the first Tomb Raider movie and realized she has big ugly lips.

I felt like Little Red Riding Hood. What big lips you have. All the better to stare at my dear.

Besides, she was the OLD Lara Croft when we had the OLD Tomb Raider. Now Tomb Raider looks so much more human from the new games we should have a new actress to emulate her new look.

Claudia Black all the way. If you saw her in Farscape you now I'm right.

The point is null and void anyways. They already have Angelina contracted for one more Tomb Raider movie. Lets just hope its soon as she seems not to even want to do another one. At least that's what I read somewhere that she was so satisfied with the second movie that was good enough for her.

Headache
11th Mar 2008, 21:53
Kate Beckinsale is one of my favorite actresses, but she is too dark in character to play Lara. And Claudia Black looks way too old as mentioned, and comes nowhere close to Lara.
Then of course AJ, IMO, fits Lara quite nicely.

Fickji
11th Mar 2008, 22:25
There was this movie that Claudia Black was supposed to play in. But it went on hiatus and was never made. If you search YOUTUBE you can find it.

It was called one the movie. It has the same song as they used in TR Legend when the first teaser trailers came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7gIlCLdkXw

If this doesn't make you think of Tomb Raider, well, I guess thats ok. Maybe its just the song.

Headache
11th Mar 2008, 23:14
It was called one the movie. It has the same song as they used in TR Legend when the first teaser trailers came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7gIlCLdkXw

If this doesn't make you think of Tomb Raider, well, I guess thats ok. Maybe its just the song.
Music alone can influence a lot of factors.

Rai
11th Mar 2008, 23:39
Kate Beckinsale is one of my favorite actresses, but she is too dark in character to play Lara. And Claudia Black looks way too old as mentioned, and comes nowhere close to Lara.
Then of course AJ, IMO, fits Lara quite nicely.

What do you mean when you say Kate is too dark in character to play Lara? She is an actress, she should be able to play any part. That is what a good actress can do. So if she were offered the part at any stage, she should be able to adapt.

Claudia doesn't look too old - she's about the right age. But meh, if Ange is already signed up for the 3rd movie as someone says, it's all irelivant

Headache
11th Mar 2008, 23:59
What do you mean when you say Kate is too dark in character to play Lara? She is an actress, she should be able to play any part. That is what a good actress can do. So if she were offered the part at any stage, she should be able to adapt.
Well she just doesn't seem to fit the profile of Lara. I just can't see her playing that part.
Not every actor/actress is able to 'click' with a certain character, whether they're good or not.

LaraCroftRox
1st Apr 2008, 14:14
What would be good is no Tomb Raider films at all. ****