PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Tired of carrying

Oroibahazopi
11th Dec 2013, 00:45
Can I get an eta on either locked lobbies so I can PUG or proper skill based matchmaking? Game is too irritating to play right now.

Thanks.

ZangarftheWrassler
11th Dec 2013, 01:46
I agree. It's been getting worse over the past few days. I haven't played long but it's getting more and more difficult to not simply rage out because people aren't following through on their end.

Psyonix_Corey
11th Dec 2013, 02:42
There is no set ETA on either of these issues. They are considered high priority but take time to do properly along with all the other parts of getting to closed beta.

I'm not trying to be dismissive, just want to be up front with you guys. Realistically it may not be this year with the holidays coming up. I believe Square will be shutting down the servers during the holidays as well.

Oroibahazopi
11th Dec 2013, 02:48
If they shutdown the servers then there's nothing to complain about lol

Honestly I didn't expect it to be soon, I've been holding off making a post about this for a while for that reason tbh. I'll probably just farm people with a premade and not play otherwise.

lucinvampire
11th Dec 2013, 14:12
It can be frustrating on both sides of the coin - heh sorry that was bad - I believe there have been a lot of new players introduced and some people aren't necessarily hardcore gamers that are in the tests so if you are wanting intense games then it maybe best to co-ordinate games with other more professional teams and more advanced players so you can get some "good" matches in until they sort the issue.

I believe Square will be shutting down the servers during the holidays as well.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO now what am I going to do with my xmas leave!?! I was planning to actually get some good quality time in the game and play with friends on US servers...and of course hide from the family!

RainaAudron
11th Dec 2013, 14:42
Oh no, really? :( I was hoping they would stay on, since more people will be at home.

Lomonop
11th Dec 2013, 14:47
since more people will be at home
Including the developers (as they are in the weekends).

Oroibahazopi
11th Dec 2013, 14:49
Square don't employ Jews or Muslims? That's racist!

Syst3mzero
11th Dec 2013, 16:23
Yeah it is becoming hard to play. its also irritating when you cant even carry because you cant get a single kill because its you vs a reasonable team and there are 3 headless chickens running round. doesn't matter how good you are in that situation not even the best of us can get a kill.

The game is completely different with an organised team suddenly I'm like the grim reaper on steroids riding a horse made of dynamite and wielding an rocket-launcher that fires lions.

at the moment these are pretty much the only 2 things that happen in a game and the only difference is experience (which lets be honest its just having enough experience to value team work) and knowing which class to play to counter.

Forget calculated matchmaking, I Know its complex, lets just have a queue for teams, same thing as we have now but you queue as 4 people and randomly matched up against 4 other people in a team. at least then if the game is unbalanced you can discuss it with your team figure out how to improve and play again.

Oroibahazopi
11th Dec 2013, 16:30
I plan on trying to get a PUG scene going by getting a network of decent players on steam. (Which is difficult since I can't add friends at the moment because I only have nosgoth on my steam account)

However until there are locked lobbies or team queues it'll just be for crushing newb solo queuers, which is unfortunate.

Add me on steam if you want to get it rolling now, Steam page is http://steamcommunity.com/id/oroibahazopi

Strike5150
11th Dec 2013, 17:59
All I can say is tailspin, we can all learn from that. He manages to do 30k+ dmg in matches against us with 3 headless chickens. My hat is off to those skills.

Oroibahazopi
11th Dec 2013, 18:07
It's not hard to get those kind of numbers with a scout. But yes he's a good player and one I want on my PUG list.

Monkeythumbz
11th Dec 2013, 19:09
Square don't employ Jews or Muslims? That's racist!

I'm Jewish (...non-practising, but still). The winter break is a national holiday in the UK at least.

Oroibahazopi
11th Dec 2013, 19:14
Not everyone gets a holiday ^^ the world still turns and there's plenty of work to be done.

Shadyhaxx
11th Dec 2013, 23:30
QQ already xD

Shadyhaxx
11th Dec 2013, 23:33
Oh no, really? :( I was hoping they would stay on, since more people will be at home.

Agreed

cmstache
11th Dec 2013, 23:36
All I can say is tailspin, we can all learn from that. He manages to do 30k+ dmg in matches against us with 3 headless chickens. My hat is off to those skills.

*Talespin :P... like the TV show.

Syst3mzero
12th Dec 2013, 07:33
Yeah I figure talespin is some kind of freak 3 armed mutant that has the ability to slow time down with his mind, trying to beat him is unreasonably hard.

I only beat him once and that was because of a very good team that instinctively played together and the fact his team didn't.

Germaximus
12th Dec 2013, 17:10
I think you're confused about the term "PUG". PUG stands for pick-up group (random players), not pre-made group.

I'm not that good at the game but I do have a decent understanding about it and I insist that both vampires and humans need to work as a team, no matter how powerful a vamp vs a human in 1v1 might be. It's never truly one-sided. I've experienced both good teamwork and being on a team that has no clue and it's acceptable because that's normal in a PUG. And how else are players going to learn? You insist on playing your private matches while locking out players that want to learn but can't because they can't play with anybody.

What I would really like to see is getting rid of needing a full match to enter a game. It's already drop-in/drop-out so why force a full match? Just let people play. The full match requirement kills a lot of good multiplayer games including Batman: Arkham Origins and Tomb Raider. I understand why the full match requirement is in place, I just don't think it works with games like this that have smaller playerbases. Let 2 people start a match and anybody can join in at any time.

Oroibahazopi
12th Dec 2013, 17:12
I know what PUG means, I have no problem playing with a team built randomly, or selected, from a group of good players.