PDA

View Full Version : No Weapons!

LegendLost
13th Jan 2008, 15:35
Similar to the thread about not using weapons at times, mines about the Lara getting her weapons taken away effect.

The first Three games each had this(TR1-Natla's Mines, TR2-Off Shore Rig, TR3-High security Compound), along with Anniversary(obviously) But I would really enjoy another level like this.

It's rather scary playing a level knowing your Defenseless!

Tomb-Dude
13th Jan 2008, 16:33
they could do that a lot better now becuase of the melee attacking in Underworld? So yeah if they do decide on it, it would be lot better then the others lol.

Atheist
13th Jan 2008, 16:52
I agree, but not for too long. I don't want to struggle though levels kicking and punching AOD style.

LegendLost
13th Jan 2008, 16:53
Very true Atheist!

Tomb-Dude
13th Jan 2008, 16:57
yer supose that is also true... but the hand to hand combat in a AOD was dreadful! had no fun to it.

William Croft
13th Jan 2008, 21:08
Very true but if they get taken away more than 2 times your gonna get pretty annoyed

LisaB1962
14th Jan 2008, 14:24
It depends. I mean, if they really do it right, melee combat could be fun. But they're really gonna have to tighten up the animations and make Lara very responsive.

Most of all, it'd better look cool. Lara looking cool is what action in TR is all about for me.

Rai
14th Jan 2008, 23:37
I wouldn't mind a no weapons level, but more than that and it would be tedious. I'd still like it if there were weapons to be used but you could still avoid conflict with the animal enemies.

rabid metro
15th Jan 2008, 02:08
I wouldn't mind a no weapons level... I'd still like it if there were weapons to be used but you could still avoid conflict with the animal enemies.

... include random animals, in addition to those programmed in for strategic purposes. one way this could happen is, for example in the Lost Valley after you defeat Trixie, random raptors could appear. there could be a probability that a random raptor doesn't automatically attack Lara, unless/until provoked. it'd be kinda cool from time to time to see a herd of raptors run up to Lara and possibly pass her and then run away, exit stage left OR a similar herd run up to lara and one suddenly jumps out to attack her. depending on how she responds, she might only have to battle the one crazed raptor or she could provoke the entire herd and have to face them all. or how about Lara in the midst of, let's say, 36 peaceful raptors (yes i said "peaceful raptors" :cool: ) and then an attacking raptor appears and enrages the entire herd ...

... or let's say, if you walk slowly and avoid the bear then there's a chance that the bear might not attack (maybe its just hungry), but if you run in the vicinity of the bear then it will surely attack. this could add an obstacle-element to time trials ...

William Croft
15th Jan 2008, 13:06
I think its a pretty good idea because I see from the Screenshots we can kick and use normal combat. So going through a level with only fist's and kicks is pretty awesome!! I think its going to be involved because The men in the screen shot remind me of the men from TR3 so hopefully fingers crossed:D

Xcom
15th Jan 2008, 17:51
Don't mind having no weapons, but I mind being defenseless. So if Lara knows kung-fu, then I am all for it. :D

William Croft
15th Jan 2008, 17:57
Don't mind having no weapons, but I mind being defenseless. So if Lara knows kung-fu, then I am all for it. :D

hahahahahhaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LegendLost
15th Jan 2008, 19:32
Well wasn't It stated somewhere that Lara knows combat now? So a weaponless level wouldn't necessarily mean defenseless at all this time around =]

But every Tomb Raiders has had its weaponless level
tr1-Check
tr2-Check
tr3-Check
tr4-Check
tr5-Check
tr6-Check
legend-Check
anni-Check
Underworld-(Better be a "Check"

Atheist
16th Jan 2008, 15:51
But every Tomb Raiders has had its weaponless level
tr1-Check
tr2-Check
tr3-Check
tr4-Check
tr5-Check
tr6-Check
legend-Check
anni-Check
Underworld-(Better be a "Check"

Eh? There was a weaponless level in TR1, TRA, TR5 and TR4 but not in the others? :confused:

Shaidester
16th Jan 2008, 22:38
Wow, you read my mind. I have been asking and suggesting this to revive itself in future releases because they are typically my favorite levels :$. Consistency is the way to go :thumbsup: .

Treeble
16th Jan 2008, 23:52
Eh? There was a weaponless level in TR1, TRA, TR5 and TR4 but not in the others? :confused:

In TR2, when she breaks into the Offshore Rig she's caught and her weapons are stashed away.

In TR3, when she tries to break into Area 51 she's taken prisoner of the High Security Compound and as so, her weapons are taken away.

In Legend, there's the young Lara segment in Peru.

Shaidester
18th Jan 2008, 11:09
In TR2, when she breaks into the Offshore Rig she's caught and her weapons are stashed away.

In TR3, when she tries to break into Area 51 she's taken prisoner of the High Security Compound and as so, her weapons are taken away.

However, as you may be right, you never got to retrieve any weapons though during Lara's flashback :(.

Treeble
18th Jan 2008, 11:46
True, but it's still a weaponless segment. Same applies for Cambodia in TR4 and Ireland in TR5 - she never gets any weapon during those levels. :)

Mangar The Dark
18th Jan 2008, 17:32
I wish they had implemented a melee combat system in Legend, and then let her use Excalibur properly (not as some kind of bizarre sci-fi gun, but rather as an actual sword.)
So I'm looking forward to seeing how melee combat is done in Underworld. And yes, it would be cool to have a level in which Lara is forced to use her melee skills a bit.

(ooh... I wonder if she'll be able to practice punching and kicking Winston in the mansion? You KNOW we'd all spend far too much time doing that.)

SunriseSunset
19th Jan 2008, 01:17
If she has melee combat, like someone already said, then it should be a fun bit to play, otherwise we'll just be facing rats again or something else that's small and avoidable.

Bampire
19th Jan 2008, 02:14
I agree, but not for too long. I don't want to struggle though levels kicking and punching AOD style.

Agreed.

P.S: I misses yous.

uzigirl
19th Jan 2008, 13:48
I don't mind having to lose my weapons at 'some' stage throughout the game, kind of gets your adrenalin going and I won't take my eyes off the screen for a second. I wouldn't want too much of that going on though.

I don't like this idea of Lara been able to kick and punch 'AOD style' as were mentioned. If I wanted a fighting game I would buy one of those.

Wess~Gamer
19th Jan 2008, 14:26
I would like not having any guns for a while..
ofcourse not too long, just for half a level or something..? :scratch:

Atheist
19th Jan 2008, 15:50

Ohh! Yeah, point.

I didn’t realize that!

Well…Legend doesn’t really count tbh, since there was nothing to fight so having her weapons taken away made no difference.

michael-croft
11th Mar 2008, 22:06
i think it would be cool if you could run and aim at the same time and i also think it would be cool if u were attacked 1 of ur guns fell and u only had 1 so you'ld have 2 go and get it