PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Kane & Lynch Crash !

USA Marshal
12th Jan 2008, 21:28
Hi everybody !:cool:
I am new to this forum , I mean it's the first time I'm writing a post on this forum.
until lastnight I had all of the same problems you got about crashing of Kane & Lynch , and I was searching for a solution for this HELLish problem ! and finaly I found this version of LiveRedistributable which sent all of my crashes and problems to HELL ! now I'm playing this great game without any CRASH and other problems ,it realy worked for me and I hope it works for you all too ! just download and install it from link below:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/0/5/505dd51c-ba8d-4569-a1ec-40cf2c4ef331/XLiveRedist01.02.0241.00.msi

after downloading it, I installed it without uninstalling the previous version of liveR, and it just upgraded mine to new version without any problem.
Realy try it !
have NO-CRASH days ! Good Luck :cool: sia_usa_marshal@yahoo.com

Candle
12th Jan 2008, 22:27
Thanks for this possible fix, does it fix connection issues?

USA Marshal
12th Jan 2008, 22:44
I haven't test it for connection problems yet , but I think it works for that too.

USA Marshal
12th Jan 2008, 22:53
Thanks for this possible fix, does it fix connection issues?

Hi candle , if you downloaded this LiveR ,and tested it for your connection issues, please let me know if it works for that issues or not? ,thanks

Candle
13th Jan 2008, 15:47
Will do! I will have to check on my other computer because this one doesn't have as many issues.

USA Marshal
13th Jan 2008, 21:17
Will do! I will have to check on my other computer because this one doesn't have as many issues.
OK my friend , anyway if it doesn't solve some connection issues , it really fixed crash problem for me and everyone who I suggested it to them ,I personally don't have any serious connection issue , and if there are some of these issues, hope to be solved with game patch ( if there will be a patch for this game !).

USA Marshal
13th Jan 2008, 21:18
OK my friend , anyway if it doesn't solve some connection issues , it really fixed crash problem for me and everyone who I suggested it to them ,I personally don't have any serious connection issue , and if there are some of these issues, hope to be solved with later LiveR versions or game patch ( if there will be a patch for this game !).

Candle
14th Jan 2008, 01:39
Turns out I already had this, but it did stop crashing, not connection.

bothered
14th Jan 2008, 11:56
Did nothing for me, game is still broken and refuses to work. Is there ever going to be a patch or have we just been ripped off?
The total lack of response suggests the latter.

NEOscuro
16th Jan 2008, 00:16
Hi,

I already had that update, I uninstalled it and installed it again just in case and NADA. My game still crashes to desktop in the third chapter when Kane meets Lynch in the bank lobby. :mad2:

I still live on faith and hope that a patch will eventually come fix our issues sometime this year. :lmao: :lol: Not looking good after so many good titles that always worked fine. I am almost sure the MS Live crap is what messed this game up.:eek: ****

Littleweasel
29th Jan 2008, 21:28
Did nothing for me, game is still broken and refuses to work. Is there ever going to be a patch or have we just been ripped off?
The total lack of response suggests the latter.

as some Ahole by the handle GIGAR has said in a few on my post on this forrum and another one "It all about business" so from a comment like that i would say you, me and all the other people that baught this game should have just bent over and grab your ankle since by buying the PC version of the game we have all been screwed. they already have our money why would they try and keep us happy by fixing the verybadly bugged game?

and as you said by the lack of response im begining to believe it more every day. at the very least someone from eidos or IO should at least should give the people some kind of response to let us know they are indeed working on the problems.

the only time i ever see posts from eidos or IO on any threads is if someone compliments the game they never post when someone asks a question about why the game is so bugged.

ive posted a number of questions on this forrum and on the inside forrum and the only one that ever response to all my posts is a moron handled GIGAR and hes always trying to point the finger at the ISP, ports not being opened or the persons PC on why the game doesn't run right for them. but you, myself and all the other people that baught game know its the game itself that is buggy.

Zacker
30th Jan 2008, 10:50
As I have said multiple time there will be a patch.

Littleweasel
30th Jan 2008, 17:35

any chance you can fill us all in on what the patch will fix, and an aproximate date we can expect it?

bothered
30th Jan 2008, 18:49
I think that would go a long way to put peoples minds at rest. Some info as to when approx?

Jaydam
31st Jan 2008, 19:00
irir,

WHEN will there be a patch?

i come back week after week and there is still no patch...

really bad show!!

NEOscuro
31st Jan 2008, 21:52
Hello again,

Don't waste your time insisting,:lmao: :whistle: they will not commit themselves to a date. :mad2:

The most they will tell you is: "it will be done when it's done", or "it will be out when it's out". :lol: :rasp:

God help us....

NehemaH
14th Feb 2008, 20:04

and with all due respect, I really hope we get our hands on this patch before Kane and Lynch 2...

slientkiller
21st Feb 2008, 16:13
Thanks for the post. But it just doesnt work doesnt work(w/ rhythme)

:whistle:

just_not_right
13th Apr 2008, 17:32

5-6 months later, still no patch. I don't think it's good to diss customers like that. :mad:

Way to go Marketing and Support. EA games may be buggy, but at least they support them all the way and with frequent patches. That's why people keep buying their games, which in return they keep getting more money. That's why they're on the top even though people complain about them. Same goes for Activision.

My game keeps crashing at the first black screen:

Windows XP Home Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2GB DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT (driver: 169.21)
Games for Windows Live (version 1.2.0241)

I sent an email with dxdiag attached to Support. They replied to me I might have a bad disc and ask me to send the game back (with purchase receipt) to Eidos with ME paying for the shipping.

1st: I would not pay for shipping in a situation like this.
2nd: I threw away the purchase receipt because I knew the moment I unsealed the game, I won't be able to return/exchange it to the store.

I replied these to Support and then never heard from them again.

killerhz
24th Apr 2008, 22:54
5-6 months later, still no patch. I don't think it's good to diss customers like that. :mad:

Way to go Marketing and Support. EA games may be buggy, but at least they support them all the way and with frequent patches. That's why people keep buying their games, which in return they keep getting more money. That's why they're on the top even though people complain about them. Same goes for Activision.

My game keeps crashing at the first black screen:

Windows XP Home Service Pack 2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2GB DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8800GT (driver: 169.21)
Games for Windows Live (version 1.2.0241)

I sent an email with dxdiag attached to Support. They replied to me I might have a bad disc and ask me to send the game back (with purchase receipt) to Eidos with ME paying for the shipping.

1st: I would not pay for shipping in a situation like this.
2nd: I threw away the purchase receipt because I knew the moment I unsealed the game, I won't be able to return/exchange it to the store.

I replied these to Support and then never heard from them again.

I too was asked to return the game. My thought were the same, there is no store ever going to take a PC game back.

kiashan
5th May 2008, 22:37
Ensure Hardware Sound acceleration is set to full
– Windows XP
- Click on Start
- Click Run
- Type DXDIAG in the Open field and press OK
- When DXDIAG opens click on the Sound Tab and ensure Hardware Sound
Acceleration level is set to Full Acceleration
---
After I did that the game runs rock-solid...

creamneuron
19th May 2008, 11:12
hi!

maybe i can help some people who have crashes, not in the gameplay, but in the beginning, in the menues....

anyone with crashes at this point who uses a microsoft mouse?
(i have the new sidewindermouse), and it turned out, that with a ms-mouse, the game crashes (mostly soon in the first menu,, even before the game starts to play).

using another mouse will fix that problem, but sadly not the crash in the bank (when i get in the transporter) =(

in the eventmanagement i looked, and found out that the crashes in the menues are dx-related (the sound-"solution" did not work for me), and further research showed that my mouse (dx-input) was the problem. no idea why, but it worked fine.

anyway...a patch would be fine... =)
this is really a baaaaad story from eidos....this is a real rip-off...

greets
creamneuron

mclazyj
21st May 2008, 16:02

And yet, six months later, we are still waiting. And you have yet to return to these forums as of late, only contributing to the speculation that we, as PC game owners, are getting screwed.

We have been patient, and we have been trying to work with support, but when we continue to get swept under the rug, we have to start doubting that a patch is coming. It also does not help that you yourself bragged about the maps coming to the PC, and yet we PC gamers do not have them, while console players are enjoying them right this moment.

There is an old saying, S*** or get off the pot, and right now, you are just sitting there instead of finishing up.

creamneuron
23rd May 2008, 13:18
in germany, in some shops they sell the "game" now for under 20 Euro, and i have paid more then double. i wouldnt buy the game for 20 euro again, until there is SOME reaction from the creators AND/OR publishers.

i still wonder why so many game-mags have rated the game good (it may be good...who knows), but NOT ONE of the mags said anything about the massive bugs and the problem with the "support".
NOT ONE mag that i read (more than one) talked about that. not in the first review, or anytime later.
but...hu...if they say something bad about the game or the companies behind the game, maybe they loose some good/rich companies who put (and pay for) commercials in their mags..... ?!
i remember a case, where one reviewer who said not so nice things about K&L, got fired because the mag was getting rough pressure from "somewhere"....

but....hmm....i havent said anything.....

theSZD
25th May 2008, 20:35
in germany, in some shops they sell the "game" now for under 20 Euro, and i have paid more then double. i wouldnt buy the game for 20 euro again, until there is SOME reaction from the creators AND/OR publishers.

I have just made this mistake and bought it (because it was sold for 20 Euros). I am one of the Persons who has the mysterious Sound - Problems, I hope that there is at least a solution to this Problem (already startet a Thread in this Forum, we will see where this will go...)

i remember a case, where one reviewer who said not so nice things about K&L, got fired because the mag was getting rough pressure from "somewhere"....

Yep, also read about this. Sad but True, but I think that this is common practice these Days. If you are from Germany you maybe remember the story about Ghotic 3 and a Gaming - Mag called PowerPlay...the Publisher (Jowood I think) even tried to sue them (or at least they try to threaten them with that)

ShadowX8m
29th Jun 2008, 13:20
Only paid $5 for it, got it at a Goodwill store unopened with a Walmart clearance sticker on it. Guess they couldn't sell it even at Walmart with all the problems it has, lol. At least I didn't pay full price, 5 bucks will barely get me a gallon of gas anymore, so it's not as big a deal.

Would be nice if they had a patch, though...

Shadow

Darklord666
16th Jul 2008, 15:11
Well I had these crash and sound issues too. I solved the first immediate c-t-d by installing the latest nvidia drivers for my GC. Then the game started but crashed again in the first cut-scene. Sound flattered too. I lowered the HW-acceleration for my onboard soundchip to "basic" and that fixed this issue. Sound isn't good at all but it's almost acceptable. Hope this helps someone.:whistle:

fery
29th Aug 2009, 11:08
hi
i have still the same problem and i have download this programe and placed him at desktop.. after dat installed en was finished but nothings happened!
i mean i got nothing extra!! and still the same problem! :hmm:

sharky007
1st Aug 2014, 03:35
Hi if you like me had some problems with k&l dead men try this it wworked for me go to www.gamecopyworld.com there you can download a game patch for k&l and my problems stopped there so if any of you download it and it does work for you like it did for me enjoy the game

sharky007
1st Aug 2014, 03:37
Hi if you like me had some problems with k&l dead men try this it wworked for me go to www.gamecopyworld.com there you can download a game patch for k&l and my problems stopped there so if any of you download it and it does work for you like it did for me enjoy the game