PDA

View Full Version : Why a Blood Omen remake would be cool

Sparkus816
11th Jan 2008, 15:17
I finally found a copy of Blood Omen at a used game store the other day, (YES) Playing it for the first time in almost 7 years, I think that there would be a great revival for Kain if a remake could be made. Im not sure if Blood Omen played out the same on the PC as it did on Playstation, but the load times are hideous! If a remake was done well, I think alot more people would see LOk best in Eidos history. Perhaps it would make people intrested in the rest of the series as well.

weaponx
13th Jan 2008, 09:01
i'm opposed to this idea of a remake because i like the game how it is and i think as soon as a remake occurs then people will be asking for a remake of Soul Reaver 1 and so on
also your talking of a revival of the Legacy of Kain series but i think its still the same as it is with the fan base just we aren't as mainstream compare with our tomb raider or hitman rivals

if you want the series revised some what id suggest a novel or something along those lines, like the the Hylden Chronicles ;)

The_Hylden
13th Jan 2008, 21:01
:p Ma' boys!

And load times were about the same on the PC, yes. I haven't played my PC copy in years because I won't screw with my processor speed to do so. I opt for the PSX version when I do play it.

FearGhoul
14th Jan 2008, 20:35
No way man. Those loading times are part of the experience!!!!

Raziel'sRevenge
14th Jan 2008, 21:35

lol I know what you mean. They annoy the hell out of me and yet it's something too look back on with nostalgia. It's just like how Kain laughs or yells "Vae Victus!" every time you swing a sword 4 times in a row. Annoying at times but still part of the experiance. No, remaking the game would be a bad thing. People would want better graphics and new parts and all sorts of things that would ruin the experiance. The only game I'd like to see remade is Soul Reaver 1. I wouldn't have the graphics or fighting system changed, just have the stuff that was cut out or wasn't finished in time put back in. And that should only be done once the normal plot has ended.

weaponx
15th Jan 2008, 13:55

yeah and on top of that i'd like to add
i don't understand why people want things remade, Blood Omen isn't that old of a game and i played a new version of Pacman and it was terrible!

if they are going to remake a LoK i would sugest Blood Omen 2 so they can fix up some storyline faults or explain them like how Vorador is really Alice Cooper; how else explain the head thing? ;)

RainaAudron
15th Jan 2008, 14:30
Which are the storyline faults in BO2??? :confused:
The only problem is how Vorador is alive but apparently he
got revived by older Kain.
I agree with Raziel´s Revenge about remake of SR1.

Sparkus816
15th Jan 2008, 19:32
As far as changing the story no, I wouldnt dream of it. However, there have been great remakes, you can take the Ninja Gaiden series for example. Also nobody could not say that they would love to see Kain tear up villagers and the circle of nine on a next gen system, that would be crazy talk! As far as a sequal for Defiance, that would be great as well. I suppose there is a great need for some closure for the series, but if this happens that will be end. You guys realize this right?

weaponx
15th Jan 2008, 23:45
lets see, some storyline faults i can think of on the top of my head are
Vorador's return
Janos not being posessed (i think its speculated that Hash'ak'gik possessed his to take him to the prison) something about that whole thing dosen't make sense to me. i mean you go through all the trouble to possess him and then let him go?

the Vampires return because Kain was the last Vampire and kain dosen't seem the type to sire all these people into vampires (as we know there were only Raziel and his Brothers) and kain said something about vorador being the father ofthe vampires or something along those lines

[it's been a while since i played BO2 tho]

FearGhoul
16th Jan 2008, 00:15
lets see, some storyline faults i can think of on the top of my head are
Vorador's return
Janos not being posessed (i think its speculated that Hash'ak'gik possessed his to take him to the prison) something about that whole thing dosen't make sense to me. i mean you go through all the trouble to possess him and then let him go?

the Vampires return because Kain was the last Vampire and kain dosen't seem the type to sire all these people into vampires (as we know there were only Raziel and his Brothers) and kain said something about vorador being the father ofthe vampires or something along those lines

[it's been a while since i played BO2 tho]

The Hylden did use Janos though, for the Mass. But you do have a point that if they were able to possess him before, why couldn't they do it again when he was free and kill a bunch of Vampires while he was in the Cabal HQ?
And actually, I was joking about those horrid loading times, but of course, if they weren't there, we wouldn't get to make fun of them! Don't you just love it when you're walking along with your sword and then you see a tree that you have to cut down, so then you go to the inventory, wait for the load... equip your axes, wait for the load... chop down the tree, then wonder if you want to put up with the loading times again and equip your sword when you might run into another tree in a few seconds of walking?

RainaAudron
16th Jan 2008, 08:20

[]

About Janos - HL didn´t need to possess him anymore because he dragged his own body to Nosgoth, after the gate was opened. He possessed Janos only to get him to the Device. And HL didn´t knew that Janos was at the Cabal HQ.
Vampires - what´s wrong with that? In game, Kain clearly says it is Vorador who turned them, building the army.

ammon
16th Jan 2008, 10:02
Medievil: Resurrection was a remake of the original Medievil, and i thought it was brilliant!! (althou it would have looked better on a bigger screen , not like i'm dissing the PSP ) - the animation, the music, sound effects and they managed to get the original voice cast back.
i like the idea of a remake of BO as i would love to see the original kain in 3D! (i don't mean change the plot or what is already in it - i would just like to see BO with better graphics , and an end to those annoying menu 'load-times' and the fact that your opponants can hit you before you get a chance to hit them because you have to move in closer... *rambles on and on* )

admitidly there are bad remakes out there and those that are good are hard to find - and because we've all had the bad-remake experiance one-too-many-times we just don't believe it when we hear it - but if it's done propley and by the right people and hopefully those that have already had a hand in the original production, it should come out okay...

weaponx
16th Jan 2008, 11:51
Vampires - what´s wrong with that? In game, Kain clearly says it is Vorador who turned them, building the army.

exactly, Kain was the last Vampire and Vorador was beheaded in BO1

and kain dosen't seem to be the the re-populate the vampires type
i think kain would rather rule as a 'god', i just belive his more of that type

Sparkus816
16th Jan 2008, 20:45
I agree with weapon x, Kain would not be the type of vampire to sire an army or a nation of vampires. Kain has always had no need to share power. Pehaps thats why he rose his Sarafan Preists, because Kain needed only those that would be loyal to him, infusing his own soul to theirs. Also I think that there are tons of good remakes,( Rygar, Ninja Gaiden, Shinobi, Lunar silver star story just to name a few.) As far as BO2, ya the story was a bit out there, but the action really rocked, not to mention the stealth kills heheheh..,However if Eidos can turn TR back to a descent game, imagine what they can do with LOK!

RainaAudron
17th Jan 2008, 09:24
Well....I said that those vampires in BO2 were ALL turned by Vorador and not by Kain (he was a fledgling at that time). And all other vampires were dead at the time of end of BO1.
WeaponX - but you overlook the fact that Vorador was alive after events of BO1 (somehow, but was).

The_Hylden
17th Jan 2008, 11:30
Kain could not populate any vampire race until he learned how later, a century after the events of BO2.

And thinking he wouldn't want to make any other vampires is wrong, considering he made the six that then made him legions. That's a lot of vampires... Siring vampires isn't sharing power... Even the line in BO2 suggests he would have made his own vampires then if he could have:

Kain - "You [talking to Vorador] created a new race - something I could never do - and from that race, I had my army."

Kain needed an army to conquer Nosgoth. Even as a fledgling, though, he isn't as brash as to think he could have done so all by himself. Or, perhaps he did have reason to believe that, but the fact is, an army would make conquering Nosgoth ten times easier and ten times faster. He also needed something other than humans left in Nosgoth to rule... How boring would that be? Ruling your food? You want to have beings, at the very least, of your own kind to just simply not die of boredom. Even then, of course, his empire of vampires eventually did have to satiate their boredom. They're also there to carry out the mundane tasks of ruling all of those pesky humans, domesticating them in fact. Before figuring out he was destined to exist until such and such time, Kain's not stupid enough to let the overwhelming majority of humans run wild (since one man, even as powerful as he is, cannot watch over all of them; and they will, if left to their own devices, try and revolt), which would mean he'd constantly have to battle them and risk his life just to keep them in check. That wouldn't make sense.

So, yeah, think about the logistics of Kain just going it alone before you say, oh, Kain wouldn't sire a vampire army. Logically, that wouldn't make sense, not if he wishes to rule Nosgoth, truly put it under vampire rule. Not to mention he's a leader, and he certainly isn't interested in leading his food:p once again. He needs loyal servants to lead, i.e. Vampire offspring. And, both the dialog in BO2, as well as Soul Reaver 1's epilogue-through-ingame events, clearly, tells us otherwise. Kain did indeed wish to sire vampires, and, in fact, did so. He rules an *entire empire* of them for 1,000 years, plus either a few centuries, or more, while Raziel roasted in the Abyss...

weaponx
17th Jan 2008, 12:36
And thinking he wouldn't want to make any other vampires is wrong, considering he made the six that then made him legions

i think thats more to do with Kain wanting to control his empire so he makes six Lieutenants to crush any resistance the humans might have put up or thats what i always thought

The_Hylden
17th Jan 2008, 20:21
Yes, he made them to help him take over Nosgoth, and had them make legions (3,000 to 6,000 soldiers each in Roman military terms) over time as his army that would do such, while becoming the dominant race in Nosgoth. It's the same thing he was doing using the army Vorador made for him in BO2, just that they weren't loyal to him, which is why he wanted to make his own in the first place. This behavior is the exact opposite of someone who just wanted to exist as the sole vampire in Nosgoth and who didn't want to create an army of vampires. The Lieutenants didn't create their respective legions on their own. They were told to do so by Kain, to fuel the army and eventually, the empire of Kain.

Sparkus816
17th Jan 2008, 23:00
Hylden, is there any evidence leading the mention of what happened to the Cabal or Vorador? I would have to believe that Kain would not want an overwhelming army, but obviously it happened. With what happened in Bo2, when some of his ranks turned against at the battle of Miridian, I just don't buy into Kain wanting an overwhelming vampiric populace. As we see what happens in Soul Reaver. Perhaps Kain now realizes the importantce of balance between the two races.

The_Hylden
17th Jan 2008, 23:55
lol, Kain? Balance between the races? "These humans never look twice in my direction. Little do they know, their future Lord walks among them.":p And lest us not forget, as you know he didn't, Ariel's and the rest's betrayal first.

Seriously, though, the only thing BO2 reinforced is that any vampires serving Kain should be sired by him. First off, the "ranks" didn't betray him, his Lieutenants did (of which, there were four): the ones sired by Vorador. All except Magnus, "[Kain's] Champion," that is, who remained loyal and for that, was imprisoned by the Sarafan Lord. It's not that the vampires as a whole betrayed him. But seeing as how they were all Vorador's children/fledglings, not Kain's, they served in his army, but never truly were servant as deep as they would have been to him were he to have sired them himself. Besides the given already that the events of SR1 play out the same regardless of BO2 now, stated by Crystal Dynamics (meaning the clans sired the same numbers of vamps and utterly domesticate the humans the same too), Kain wouldn't change his need for an army simply because Vorador's devotees betrayed him. By siring his own vampire offspring, he becomes *their* father, their teacher, their Lord and Master -- their God. We see this is evident in the Lieutenants of the SR1 era. Even after they've devolved, they still are servants to Kain, with the demented Dumah and Turel, especially (who went totally mad), the only ones thinking they were his equal, or better. I doubt even then, though, that they'd have had the [round spheres;) ] to try and challenge Kain. By also purposefully lessening their strength in secession like he did (making them all at once, meaning each got a smaller, weaker portion of his soul), they also cannot form alliances that would be so threatening, as the previous similarly powered Vorador ones probably did. Raziel even, aftter coming back from being so utterly destroyed and driven near mad by the pain and suffering caused by Kain's betrayal was hesitant the first time facing Kain, made even more concrete due to Kain wielding the Soul Reaver. (Note: I have a sneaky suspicion that the vampires of Vorador's siring were told by the Sarafan Lord all about his power to cancel out the Soul Reaver also, or they wouldn't have had the guts to betray Kain either;))

No, there's nothing different in Kain's mind by the few betrayers of Vorador's ilk, only the reaffirmation for him to create an army himself, who'd be completely loyal to him, relegated by him, and instilled from the beginning to fear him utterly. Also, it's not like the Lieutenants started siring too many vampires on their own. Once again, nothing happens in Kain's empire without his approval. He's the one who wanted legions, and he got legions. And no, I don't see him ("pathetic humans" - Defiance) wanting a balance in numbers between the races. He wants total dominance, vampires ruling and preying upon humans, or the "natural order" as he called it in BO2.:p

This is all younger Kain, remember. I think he would do it differently as *Elder Kain* now, but that's irrelevant to this discussion. Given also that “pathetic humans” line is said by Elder Kain, though, I still doubt he'd wish for a balance to the races even now. Maybe the purity of the Wraith Blade will change his mind over time on that one:p

Hylden, is there any evidence leading the mention of what happened to the Cabal or Vorador?

What do you mean? After BO2? They all die, obviously, but how, when, etc., no, there's no evidence.

Sparkus816
18th Jan 2008, 02:54
Whatever happens to the Cabal, Im sure Kain would have some conflict with Vorador and the other vampires, especially after he killed Umah. Lets hope we have some clue to as what happened to them if we indeed get a future installment.