PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to this franchise?

scuffpuppy
11th Jan 2008, 02:39
I've been watching the trailers, gameplay footage, and developer diary’s for Conflict: Denied Ops recently and I can't believe both Eidos and Pivitol Games believe they can release a game of such poor quality. I usually frequent the website, 'Game Trailers', and to be honest Conflict has become kind of a joke amongst the forums.

You can really tell you're using an adapted version of your original proprietary engine, as the character models and texture detail are some of the worst I've seen this generation. If both the developers and the publishers believe they can release Conflict in the condition it's in (and honestly compete in the military FPS market), they're all in for a rude awakening. But visuals aside, the general game itself looks terrible.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I was a fan of the series until now, and would actually be embarrassed to be seen buying C: DO, let alone playing it.

What's going on lads? Please go back to the drawing board and start again.

(Although I know developers never read these sites):mad2:

dporter
11th Jan 2008, 15:37
Some devs actually do listen.

Check out blackfootstudios.com and read up on the project they have going on. Should be a nice coop military shooter and the Devs are extremely active with the community. It's still in the early stages development but there is a ton to read up on in the forums. It's a first person shooter, but it's about the only game I have hope for in the next year.

scuffpuppy
12th Jan 2008, 23:32
Some devs actually do listen.

Check out blackfootstudios.com and read up on the project they have going on. Should be a nice coop military shooter and the Devs are extremely active with the community. It's still in the early stages development but there is a ton to read up on in the forums. It's a first person shooter, but it's about the only game I have hope for in the next year.

I'll check it out, thanks.

It's just a shame neither Pivotal nor Eidos listened to the buying publics thoughts regarding Conflict: Denied Ops. Over the next few months we'll have Rainbow 6: Vegas 2, Brothers in Arms 2, Frontline: Fuel of War, FarCry 2, Battlefield: Bad Company, to name a few. Together with the continued popularity of Call of Duty 4, Unreal Tournament 3, and Halo 3 (although the last two don't really count as they're not your classic military games), where do the developers honestly think Conflict will rank amongst these titles?

Perhaps I'm being unkind. Truthful, but unkind. But I'm one of the 'fans' Pivotal would have been making C: DO for. I've bought every one of the previous franchise, and I'd enjoyed them. Granted they were never going to win any GotY awards, but they were good fun none the less. The standard of games is now too high for them to get away with shoddy unfinished work. We're living in the age of Crysis, and our expectations are as such.

If Pivotal Games release Conflict in the condition it's in, you can guarantee it'll be the last one in the series. No publisher in the world would ever touch a game of theirs again (not even Eidos).