PDA

View Full Version : Not working with Vista and/or Steam?

JohnyNFullEffect
10th Jan 2008, 21:51
You just bought this game on Steam for $50 and every time you load it, you just get a black screen and the trailer repeating over and over? I had the same issue. The only way to get out would be to end the task.

Well, I have the solution:

K&L needs components from DirectX 9.0. So either Vista x64 or Steam is not letting Directx 10 work with K&L.

This is the solution that worked for me.

Go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1A2393C0-1B2F-428E-BD79-02DF977D17B8&displaylang=en

And download this:

directx_nov2007_redist.exe

Once you install the package and reboot, K&L works like a charm. Looks like it isn't a waste of $50!

Good luck!

NEOscuro
16th Jan 2008, 00:21
Hi,

I installed that update and NADA. My game still crashes to desktop in the third chapter when Kane meets Lynch in the bank lobby. :mad2:

I still live on faith and hope that a patch will eventually come fix our issues sometime this year.:lmao: :lol: Not looking good after so many good titles that always worked fine. I am almost sure the MS Live crap is what messed this game up. :( :eek:

Just in case before you start suggesting, I have updated everything already and tried everything recommended in this forum; all my old and new games work perfectly except this one. IT'S NOT MY COMPUTER !!!****

Thanks for the attention.

Kneo24
16th Jan 2008, 02:58
I believe the OP was referring to when you initially load the game, not when you load a saved file or another level.

mick2d2
28th Dec 2008, 11:29
I did as you said updated "windows live" and the game now works perfectly, thanks. I am using Vista Ultimate, dual core, 9800GT X-fi gamer all drivers updated. What I find incredible is the hassle I've had trying to get this game to work. If Eidos want to sell their games on Steam and if Steam want to sell Eidos's game they should at least make an effort to tell players how to get a game up and running. I contacted Steam support about this game and it was a complete waste of time. They didn't tell me anything about "windows live" or registering or anything else.
The same with Just Cause. I finally got this to work by installing Steam in "C:". I used to have it on an external drive so that I could move Steam around with me.
Best wishes

Mike