PDA

View Full Version : TRU Bosses

zakker
10th Jan 2008, 17:56
As in TRA, bosses where fun to fight. For TRU CD should come with bosses with whole new stratigies like the centaurs and torso. i won't read the walkthrough guides and movies about bosses, i will discover how to beat them my own.:rolleyes:

Atheist
10th Jan 2008, 18:41
The adrenalin dodge was fun, but I don't want it to be used again, at least not as the only way to kill the bosses.

donnabright
10th Jan 2008, 18:54
The adrenalin dodge was fun, but I don't want it to be used again, at least not as the only way to kill the bosses.

Adrenalin dodge is fun, now that I know what I am doing and I would not mind if it were used in the newer game. That is a cool move.

Rai
10th Jan 2008, 22:46
I got used to the AD move. But like Atheist, I truly truly hope we are not forced into using it for bosses, if it is a feature of TRU.

I would like alternate ways to defeat the enemies. I wouldn't want to just run and hide and miss out the boss altogether, but I would just prefer it if you could devise another way of beating them - other than just pumping lead into them.

LegendLost
10th Jan 2008, 23:23
My main thing about bosses is I want SURPRISE BOSSES
I want a boss here and there that DOESN'T get a movie introduction, I want one that just POPS out, like the T-Rex in TR1

michael-croft
10th Mar 2008, 17:55
um giant spider boss. kinda demon boss 4 underworld level thingy oh like wen u open the gate a boss should pop out. flying bosses bosses with guns not silly grenades and magic sticks like in legend ummmmm just big scary hard bosses WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!:whistle: :lmao:

TDK
10th Mar 2008, 18:04
umm i want boss ya why not but not very fantasy and i wouldnt mind to see t-rex agine

BlakeNowah
11th Mar 2008, 13:41
One note regarding bosses. I remember how complicated was to fight off the pair of Centaurs in TRA. And for those who dont know (hardly likely), you had to:

- Shoot until the moster rages in the second mode (charges at you as opposed of stoning you)
- do an adrenaline jump and shoot him at the right time.
- grab his shield with the grapling hook
- rage him again in the first mode (stones you)
- pick up the shield to reflect his look
- damage him.
- repeat until dead while dodging the other one.
- repeat for the second one.

I don't know about you, but this is too sophisticated for my taste. I felt like I had to go through a lot of red tape just to kill 2 baddies...

Jezyk
11th Mar 2008, 15:59
I hope for bosses TRA style... with some tactics and thinking necessary. I hate these Legend bosses where you only need to watch out for the blast and keep firing (Sea Serpent is an exception, he was ok!). In TRA's the sole annoying thing about the bosses was the camera during the centaurs fight.

Fickji
11th Mar 2008, 17:35
My ideal type of boss fight. Remember TR3 Sophia Leigh where you didn't really fight her but used your brain and athletic abilities to fry her with electricity. Or the Rutland boss fight from TRL where you had to collapse the platforms to stop him from healing.

Those are the kind of boss fights I want. Not as complicated or cheated ways of boss fights (interactive cutscene button pressing #$%$)from TRA. Pardon my keyboard language. (Can I do that? I can do that right thats not really swearing right?:confused: )

Intergrate athletics and gun play without forcing me to do an adrenaline dodge for every single bad guy and boss fight.

killer4life
19th Mar 2008, 11:57
I Did Not Like The Why you had to killem in TrA I want to shot them my self i just want to be in ther face and blastin them and not time it for pill kill

Werner Von Croy
19th Mar 2008, 15:38
I'd love to see the shivas again from TRIII :lol:

Imaginary Whisk
19th Mar 2008, 15:51
I hope they stick a few invulnerable bosses in, like when you messed up on that one jump in AoD and you had to avoid the Leviathan thing. >.>;

I'm always welcome to going into a room and having something lunge/shoot at me from behind without introduction through a cutscene. :)

redfox45
19th Mar 2008, 19:58
My main thing about bosses is I want SURPRISE BOSSES
I want a boss here and there that DOESN'T get a movie introduction, I want one that just POPS out, like the T-Rex in TR1

I can see where you are coming from but I thinks times have changed since then.

rabid metro
20th Mar 2008, 02:01
I'd love to see the shivas again from TRIII ...

... times have changed ...

what we liked about the old games is what we'll also like about the new games: that element of surprise!

those shivas were definitely a head trip back then but, except for the fascination of seeing them in HQ, they would be somewhat lame now.

the new games should have new bosses/surprises, if they are going to be memorable ...

for the good of the franchise, i hoping that the devs over at CD have massively creative egos! :cool:

i actually enjoy the cutscenes and as for the notion of "hard bosses", i want to hear the devs laughing when users complain about the bosses since the key to the bosses, tomb raider-style, is usually right there for the puzzling.

Raid On!
:cool: