PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle in TRU

Blackluc
9th Jan 2008, 01:43
How do you guys want the motorcycle rides in the next tomb raider? Do you do be able to use other things than a gun? like the grapple or anything? I want to have a better way to control it. In TRL on pc, its awful. The way we drive it rly not good and the guys are not realist... i mean, for example, in kazakstan, some guys are in t-shirt...c'mon its winter! and when we kill a guy shooting at us in a car, the car loses control and starts doing anything. Thats horrible. When we hit a car or an other motorcycle, its like rolling on small obstacle then we continue without anyproblems. So in TRU, I want the controls better and the guys and cars more realist. I would like to be able to use grapple for I don't know....a special thing in the game (like theres a big hole and we use grapple to not fall but the cycle falls or we need to pass tru a wall so we need to use grapple to pull it...anything). And i would like to be able to use grenades.

Acid_Burn
9th Jan 2008, 05:39
I'd like to grapple enemies :cool: or to do some acrobatics. :rasp:

i mean, for example, in kazakstan, some guys are in t-shirt...
and about this... i'd like o tell all the CD & Other DEV.teams. In Russia/Kazakhstan/Ukraine there are no bears walking on the streets, and snow we got only 3 month (winter). And other 9 month we got hot, sunny weather :lmao:

Spong
9th Jan 2008, 07:23
This is the first speculation I've allowed myself to enter into where this TR:U is concerned.

They'd better not put the bike back in it. It was rubbish.

Acid_Burn
9th Jan 2008, 07:56
This is the first speculation I've allowed myself to enter into where this TR:U is concerned.

It was said (i don't remember what magazine i was) that motorcycle will play a big role in puzzle solving. Also there will be other kinds of transport.

Spong
9th Jan 2008, 08:13
The other vehicles I can sort of swallow if they're harking back to the likes of the quad bike & Jeep, but the motorbike in Legend absolutely sucked. It felt so crowbarred in and un-Tomb Raider it wasn't even funny (much like Legend as a whole really). The bike & sidecar combo from Last Revelation was far superior.

Not that it matters, it'll be years before I play any new TR if "they" decide to release it on PS3 & Xbox 360 only.

Jezyk
9th Jan 2008, 10:05
Hmm I liked the bike in TRL, it was a nice mini-game. Well the Kazahstan ride wasn't that good (too much shooting), but the Peru one was just great and I loved replaying it. The bike may not suit tombraiding, but it sure suits Lara Croft!

Spong
9th Jan 2008, 17:01
The bike may not suit tombraiding, but it sure suits Lara Croft!

That's the thing. As time goes on, I feel they're trying to re-brand Tomb Raider into Lara Croft. The emphasis on exploring undiscovered tombs seems as though it's become diluted by Crystal Dynamics' obsession with making the new games all about a new & hardcore Lara and her ensemble of 007-style gadgets.

That's NOT Tomb Raider. Not to me anyway.

Tomb-Dude
9th Jan 2008, 17:17
You dont have to worry the motorbike wont have those little mini games they are used during the level to solve puzzels get somewhere fast (becuase your new move the "sprint" might not be able to reach you there...) :p
So... You dont have to worry about it.

LisaB1962
9th Jan 2008, 18:21
I agree the bike levels in Legend were annoying--and that's not just my opinion. Virtually every review I read said they played like filler. Some folks may have enjoyed them, but I play Tomb Raider because I don't like racing games. :D

But I welcome the return of vehicles as a way to get Lara around. And bikes have been used to solve puzzles before--although that jump gave me fits! :lol:

Tomb-Dude
9th Jan 2008, 18:25
Peru bike thing in Legend i honestly didnt mind went well but the other one i found rediculas, love the game and everything but... It was to long way to much shooting and it felt like it was never ending!
But all in all im glad they are back and used in a different manner.

Spong
9th Jan 2008, 21:31
You see, I've not looked into any info on Underworld. Despite all the threads that have popped up in the last couple of weeks, I've steered clear of the lot of them. But I looked in here purely because I was just so unnerved at the thought of the Legend-style motorbike sections making a return.

But I'm glad to see that the talk is more of the old-skool Raider type of vehicles in terms of puzzles, that's far more palatable :D.

But I'm still convinced the game's going to be some kind of a female Ethan Hunt-fest :(

Tomb-Dude
9th Jan 2008, 21:33
...But I'm still convinced the game's going to be some kind of a female Ethan Hunt-fest :(

What do you mean by a "Ethan hunt-fest" Sorry if i sound stupid?

Spong
9th Jan 2008, 21:38
Ethan Hunt is Tom Cruise's character in Mission:Impossible ;)

Tomb-Dude
9th Jan 2008, 21:53
oooooooh i get it now... yer ive seen those films!!! lol

Mangar The Dark
28th Jan 2008, 15:43
That's the thing. As time goes on, I feel they're trying to re-brand Tomb Raider into Lara Croft. The emphasis on exploring undiscovered tombs seems as though it's become diluted by Crystal Dynamics' obsession with making the new games all about a new & hardcore Lara and her ensemble of 007-style gadgets.

I have to disagree.
MOST of TRL took place in tomb-like environments. CD made a very conscious effort to bring Lara back to those environments after Core made the mistake of taking her out of the tombs in many of their games. Core was heavily criticized for putting too many modern environments in TR3 (and TR2 had its fair share as well.)
With TR4, they tried to rectify things by putting her back in tombs, but then for TR5 and 6, they again took her out of the tombs, and people complained.
So when CD took over the series, they made sure that most of the environments actually involved tomb raiding. The gadgets, such as the headset and the grapple, were actually first introduced in TR5.

I enjoyed the motorcycle runs. Usually, I don't like vehicles in TR games because the environments often don't work for them, and you never really got to drive fast in the old games (too many sharp corners and annoying bumps, so what should be an exhilerating ride just often just became a tedious exercise in careful maneuvering.) But with CD's decision to make the bike rides like a separate mini game, they were able to create wide open tracks, and it finally allowed Lara to drive the way she really WOULD drive-- fast and aggressively. But I played on an Xbox, using a gamepad, so the controls were no problem at all. I hear the controls on the PC version were a bit tougher to handle.

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 18:38
Not that it matters, it'll be years before I play any new TR if "they" decide to release it on PS3 & Xbox 360 only.

only? thats kind of selfish. What about all the PS2,PC, Wii, players?

LaraLara
27th May 2008, 20:29
TRU is being released for every console, excluding the PSP, Xbox, and Gamecube...

mimi90
29th May 2008, 08:53

I hate to say it, but they are planning to put the bike back in the game, there's an article floating around on the internet that goes through one of the first levels of the game.

Master
29th May 2008, 18:49
I think a bike would be cool but it needs to be more stylish,like,maybe a Honda ninja or something.:rasp:

ziad
29th May 2008, 20:00
i would like them to put a bike in, on the one basis that we DONT have to ride it. like in the other tomb raider games, like cars, bikes, boats were there. but we didnt have to use them. this gave us much freedom than the legend game in which we had to ride the bike, and shoot enemies down whilst doing so. oh and not to forget, we werent allowed to get off.

Mangar The Dark
29th May 2008, 20:10
i would like them to put a bike in, on the one basis that we DONT have to ride it. like in the other tomb raider games, like cars, bikes, boats were there. but we didnt have to use them.

Really? I always thought you needed to use them for certain levels. Weren't there jumps that were too big to make without them (in TR4, I remember needing a boost on the motorcycle to make a particularly large jump... was it possible to skip that section? And the kayak in TR3? Skippable?)

ziad
29th May 2008, 20:32
no ure totally right. although i'm not sure which jump bit u meant but i'll take ure word for it. although i could get off, and the whole level didnt revolve around it. but for example tomb raider 2, you could go with the ski thingy or you could do the whole thing on foot. thats what i want to see more of.

but the kayak, i mean one would be stupid not to use it. would you swim in those waters? one had to use it because she couldnt swim in harsh waters like that, she can however walk, thus the moterbike is obsolete.

LisaB1962
30th May 2008, 11:39
What I've read is that the bike will be "free roaming" like vehicles in the old games, and can be used to solve puzzles. I don't think we'll get more racing levels.

Boogie
30th May 2008, 14:48
I didnt like the fact that when you slowed down annoying lil voices sadi "hurry up you'll miss the train." or "they are gaining on anaya" shut up! they were fun but not my fave part of the game

Greenas
31st May 2008, 14:35
I thought that the cycle chases were pretty cool . Hope that the parts of underworld when you use your bike will be fun and well made .

Falcon
31st May 2008, 19:12
I agree you should have the choice to use the vehicle or not. Vehicles are fun but they should really make it realistic. Like if lara crashes she actually falls of, and mabe the bike could get damaged or something. Legend was a little too unrealistic:scratch:

Mate
31st May 2008, 22:18

That's NOT Tomb Raider. Not to me anyway.

Might be true. But if they ARE doing so, it's because they are making money that way. If they make money that way, it's because people like it. And if people like it, opinions from the minority doesn't matter. As yours.

Mate
31st May 2008, 22:20
I agree you should have the choice to use the vehicle or not. Vehicles are fun but they should really make it realistic. Like if lara crashes she actually falls of, and mabe the bike could get damaged or something. Legend was a little too unrealistic:scratch:

Bugger reality. This is Tomb Raider.

rg_001100
31st May 2008, 23:07
Bugger reality. This is Tomb Raider.

Haha, true. Some realism is nice though. Some.
(Imagines a hyper-realistic tomb-raiding simulator)

Just don't put the "racing-Legend" motorbike... (shudder)... it's just so separate from the rest of the game, and shouldn't've been included.

I wonder if the bike can take out mercs + jaguars by driving into them....

daaceking
1st Jun 2008, 02:09
i just hope they cut out the repetition in the motorbike parts. there was obvious repetition in legend's. that's my major concern really. it was fun having motorbikes and i didn't mind the fact that you weren't free to drive around like grand theft auto but when it started repeating the road, then it took alot of fun away. i was shocked. i'd played legend on phone and fair enough, they had repetition there but then again it was a phone. to see it again in the actual game was just poor programming. they probably did it to extend the game.

Scion's_Eye
2nd Jun 2008, 14:37
I loved the motorcycling parts in TRL but I agree there was too much repetition. If they made it more realistic and less obvious of like a boulder or a ramp I think more people would "warp up" to the idea.

Just as an add-on to the idea - picture this:

Lara is riding her motorcycle and the gang of bad guys are surrounding her so that she crashes into a wall/boulder. She looks up and finds a huge branch of a tree above the canyon she's driving in. Lara reaches for the famous hook rope and flings it at the tree(which loops several times). Just as the bike and Lara go crashing into the wall/boulder, Lara grabs on to the rope - swings up and over the branch, takes out her guns - shoots a bad guy on his bike and just as the bike is about to lose control, Lara (in mid air) kick the guy she just shot off the bike and gains control once again (riding the guy's bike).

THAT WOULD BE SWEET

james987654321
9th Jun 2008, 06:12
it would be cool if she could grapple enemies n pull them off their bikes and drag them behind her for a few seconds

blonde croft
22nd Jun 2008, 07:00
It was said (i don't remember what magazine i was) that motorcycle will play a big role in puzzle solving. Also there will be other kinds of transport.
the mag was XBOX360 world.

anyway the motorbike isn't the only Motor i read somewhere that a snowMotor will show up