PDA

View Full Version : Feels Like Tomb Raider Legend Out Side!

LegendLost
7th Jan 2008, 21:49
I know, sounds odd? Well, What I'm getting at is I live in New Jersey in the U.S. and it was really warm out today and I remember having my windows open and sitting at my computer the first time I heard the Legend theme, and well, it just has sorta that feel to it today?! Understand? haha

Well anyway, I'm just curious, are there certain things, (smells, weather, time of year/day, foods, etc) that remind you of a certain Tomb Raider Game/Level?

There's even a perfume my sister wears that remind me of a time i sat in my living room playing a level in TLR for some reason. Maybe I'm crazy, who knows, Anyone else out there have these random burst of memories?!?!?!

Jezyk
7th Jan 2008, 22:16
Sometimes when I'm in the city and I see a row of window-sills on some old building I'm like "that looks like a ledge to grab". And of course it reminds me of the England level.

Randy 54
8th Jan 2008, 00:57
I have them all the time.

gbas
8th Jan 2008, 01:48
I live in New Jersey too and yeah it was ridiculously warm today. :D It was awesome lol. And yeah I get reminded of tomb raider games often too.

Mertz523
9th Jan 2008, 04:58
Whilst vacationing in Florida last August, there were a few posts in the water near our tour boat and I had the urge to jump on one and then to the others like her pole balancing and jumping move that was introduced in TR:A.

I'm in Wisconsin, and after the snow and CHILLY temperatures the last few weeks, it was a (by Wisconsin standards) scorching 62 degrees...in JANUARY! That's unheard of! And then we got thunderstorms in my area and five tornadoes in my surrounding counties. I was like...WHAT!? It was a dreary, January spring day...

ditom
9th Jan 2008, 14:20
I have them non-stop

Atheist
9th Jan 2008, 18:41
I have a perfume that reminds me of Tomb Raider too, because I used to be really into Tomb Raider years back and always wore that perfume at that time.

TwinPistols
18th Jan 2008, 10:26
When I saw the basilisk of Harry Potter and the chamber of Secrets movie it reminds me the sea serpent of England level.

William Croft
19th Jan 2008, 16:17
Well When i hear the song ''The way I are'' It reminds me of TR4 because my bro kept playing that when I was playing TR4, the song ''how to save a life'' Reminds me of TR legend same reason as above and the song ''no-one'' reminds me of TR anniversary... Lol.. I don't remember any others ATM but if i do i'll be sure to post them ;)

SunriseSunset
19th Jan 2008, 16:59
Not with Tomb raider but with GTA San Andreas. I was sitting in the car and saw some graffiti on a wall across the street. I had the urge to jump out the car, run over and spray paint my tag over it.:nut:

William Croft
19th Jan 2008, 17:08
Not with Tomb raider but with GTA San Andreas. I was sitting in the car and saw some graffiti on a wall across the street. I had the urge to jump out the car, run over and spray paint my tag over it.:nut:

hhahaahhahahahahahhahhahhhhhahhaahhahahhaha.. hahahahaa Lol what is you tag.?? lol that was funny :lol: :lmao: :lmao:

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 02:09
every time i see the shopkeeper Mr.Lee in my city i remeber Shogo Takamoto :)

Tomb-Dude
15th Feb 2008, 22:56
I was walking down plymouth the other weekend and i looked a poll and though hey i could climb up that and i started observing the enviroment and went i think i could reach that if i tried.
Things like that i tend to do, like yesterday at school we have these steps and well i was standing on the floor i jumped up grabbed one step, my other hand was hanging loose and i did a Lara kind of thing and lifted my other hand to reach toehr other step. But then my friends were going so i dropped down and followed them.

Another one i was look at my curtain hanger thing and i was like Lara would be abot to hold onto that some how knowing her... But then i get really sad and i want to borrow my sisters guns (which are similar or exactly like the ones in anniversary, oh by the way they are fake) and like go round my house and shoot my parents pretneding they are mercinaires.

I live in the middle of know where a teen has to get amusment somehow!?!?!?!

LegendLost
16th Feb 2008, 03:27
Hey, I think this thread should be moved back to general chat thread, it must've been moved here by accident when the Underworld thread opened! :D

Towel
16th Feb 2008, 03:51
not often but reading these makes me think of a few levels in Tomb Raider to be honest, A bunch of levels

Dukem
16th Feb 2008, 09:35
The smell of 'Carex Anti-Bacterial Handwash' reminds me of playing Tomb Raider Anniversary for the first time, and in particular, St. Francis' Folly. :nut:
I think it's because I tried to get through the game in one sitting because it was so awesome, and ended up having to go to the toilet quite often, therefore using the soap. :p :lol:

Yes, I am completely aware of how weird I am! :D

William Croft
16th Feb 2008, 10:41
every time i see the shopkeeper Mr.Lee in my city i remeber Shogo Takamoto :)

Hhahahahahahhaa, hahahahahahaahahaa :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: Thats funny!! lol

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 16:45
lol you should see him he really looks like him :D

Hhahahahahahhaa, hahahahahahaahahaa :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: Thats funny!! lol

William Croft
17th Feb 2008, 10:01
lol you should see him he really looks like him :D

Hhahahaha, I can already picture him. :lol:

Tomb-Dude
17th Feb 2008, 11:37
not often but reading these makes me think of a few levels in Tomb Raider to be honest, A bunch of levels

Same actually i just read though mine and it minds me of AOD levels when she is climbing up the poles in the streets? :confused: How very strange most of us are, Defferntly Dukem. Now that is strange but also quite amusing!

TDK
17th Feb 2008, 17:19
:lol: lol

Hhahahaha, I can already picture him. :lol:

tombraiderxlegend
17th Feb 2008, 20:19
I went to a dance once, and like this girl looked a lot like Lara in the Japan levels. The dress wasn't exactly like it, but it was "cut" at the sides!

LCraider08
18th Feb 2008, 06:37
I felt that exact way today. I was driving home from this car show and I saw this building that had a door, then above the door was a platform, and ascending up were more platforms, and then the roof..instantly I pictured lara jumping from ledge to ledge and doing her little hand stand and such :) And I have those memories all the time, wiether it is seeing a ledge to climb, or seeing someone who looks like a character.

Love it!

UNDERTOMB
23rd Feb 2008, 22:28
so do i .....i piccture lara going throught the lanscape flips around poles n stuff its really weird i tought it was just me:o
some airfresheners,n deoderants,soap,smells remind me of sitting playing tomb raider.....if im in my room and my window is open ...i look outside and it reminds me of venice levels.....i live in suburbs in ireland but it just does:rolleyes:

LaraCroftLuver
23rd Feb 2008, 22:58
Everything at anytime

Im obsessed with Tomb Raider and Lara Croft

RinoTheBouncer
2nd Mar 2008, 15:01
U better ask , What makes you forget Lara !!!!!!
cuz errythin makes me remember Lara , specially when i was 10 years old and start to imitate errythin she does

Fickji
2nd Mar 2008, 23:31
I used to play the old tomb raider games on a computer with two disc drives. I'd put the tomb raider cd in one drive and a music cd in the other. When I played the game I'd turn the sound off in the game and listen to the music.

Tomb Raider 2 when she's in the monks temple I played the old Enrique Inglesius cd. SO whenever I see the old tomb raider games I think of that cd.

To tie it in with underworld, I wonder what it will be like and what will be the trigger of how I will remember it?

As for the whole jumping ... yeah its happened to me too. There's this band shelter I walk past with my dog that would be cool to scale like Lara. But I'd probable hurt myself.

Tomb-Dude
3rd Mar 2008, 16:50
I'm still looking at things and wonding if i can climb up it. Going around school i look at biulding and go, i wonder if i could make that gap?
Smells i don't really have any, it's just the looks at ledges and pips and stuff like that i think about.