PDA

View Full Version : We view the game in different ways

airfire
10th Dec 2013, 04:41
I don't get some of you people. We all love the Legacy of Kain series, we all want to see some hope of its revival. So why refuse this MMO, where we can all converse, fight together, see the world of Nosgoth through another Vampire's eyes?
I see this as a chance to see what happens as Raziel sleeps and when he awakens. Do you not want to atleast consider those thoughts? I have played this game since I was 9, 9 years ago.
I am a fan since I first played Defiance....When I was lonely I always played the game, always slept with it in mind. I truly wish to see this MMO flourish, just as we ourselves have over the years. Check the game out before making a mockery of it. Give the developers a chance at this MMO. It's all I ask.

Shadyhaxx
10th Dec 2013, 12:09
Not sure this is a MMO in that it's not really MASSIVE! :D

I never played any of the Legacy of Kain games so this is my first experience with this lore. Maybe I'll play some of those games since obviously they were well loved.

Umbralim
11th Dec 2013, 01:18
its not an mmo

Khalith
11th Dec 2013, 09:44
I admit, I'm not too keen on turning a story-driven single player game with great writing and voice acting in to a free to play team deathmatch game, but after reading the forums, the blog posts, and watching the livestream I feel that the IP is in capable hands, as such I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, the game is going to be f2p, I have nothing to lose by playing a few matches in it when it comes out.

ZeroFernir
12th Dec 2013, 01:07
Not MMO, but MOBA. F2P=Some free fun/some free deception, but worth giving it a chance. It surelly feels like Star Wars: Battlefront. Dindn't you guys felt that too? Playing an epic story with characters that are not the main ones, nor the secondaries... BTW, I loved SW:B.

Thylbanus
12th Dec 2013, 11:52
OK. Looks like I'm chiming in here too. IT IS AN MMO. MOBAs are MMOs.
Massively Multiplayer Online Game
Massively = refers to the amount of players playing the game, not the size of the game. Otherwise EVE Online so outclasses any other MMO in size that it would need to be called something else entirely. Everything from League of Legends to World of Warcraft are all MMOs.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game), MMO = A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously.

Vampmaster
12th Dec 2013, 13:01
What would be an online game that isn't massive?

PWride
12th Dec 2013, 13:57
There's a few differences here in genres and some lazy acronyms. MMOs have had their acronym shortened from MMORPGs (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Gaming) of which WoW, Lineage2, Everquest etc fall in to and by that it's large numbers of people in a single "realm" (also read server).

Games that support players across many multiple servers (Nosgoth you currently play 4v4 and 5v5) don't normally fall in to the MMO genre. Nosgoth is more like an FPS than anything. Likewise MOBAs are a new genre that evolved over the past few years since DOTA and don't compared to the original descriptions of MMOs.