PDA

View Full Version : Eidos/Crystal Dynamics HURRY UP!

danderson852
4th Jan 2008, 16:46
I would like an official confirmation of TR: Underworld, we all want to know more about it! HURRY! PLEASE!

William Croft
4th Jan 2008, 21:35
I would like them to hurry up too but then again good things come to those who wait... But I don't want to be waiting that long :rasp:

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 22:05
If you rush them this waiting will be spoilt and the game wont be as good as it can be... Would you really want to rush them to much so they miss out all the good thing in the game. Dont do everything perfect, make sure this is the best game you have ever played in your life???

I just say wait... Patiance is good if you know how to use it like i do now.
"waiting is for the patiant" - Lara Croft TR:L <<<That is like me :D

ExH
4th Jan 2008, 22:09
I'll wait as long as I'll have to, I'm really patient person...
By the way, I rather wait - than get game quickly and full of bugs...

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 22:22
Wait for a game with very little or no bugs

OR...

Get hte game now with loads of bugs...

LegendLost
4th Jan 2008, 22:25
I want a bug free TR, plus more time to save up for a PS3, so, by all means, take time! If anything, just leak a few more pics!

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 22:27
Im saving up for a new pc... But being a teen and going out a lot its rele hard to save... :o

Rai
4th Jan 2008, 22:45
Danderson, is asking for a conformation, not the actual game. I think that's fair enough - seeming as we already know quite a lot. A release date would be good too. :D

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 23:08
yer but i dont want them to rush on the date to much because if it is like anniversary then it might be delayed... Which is really frustrating when that happens...

pot
4th Jan 2008, 23:45
Where did all this talk about TRU come from in the first place? I'ave already heard two names for it as well, Underworld and Uncharted. I'm assuming that since none of the posts have been deleted though that there is going to be a TRU, although I would personally put an estimate on when we get it at probably around summer 2009.

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 23:57
it coming out sometime this year...

If you want information on it try this link pot

http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=8836

Treeble
5th Jan 2008, 00:01
I'ave already heard two names for it as well, Underworld and Uncharted.Uncharted is a Tomb Raider ripoff similar game exclusive to PlayStation3 where the lead character is a male.

Tomb-Dude
5th Jan 2008, 00:11
I haven't played uncharted or played a demo nothing but to be honest it doesnt really look like a TR... Yet he might be able to scale walls, be in a jungle.. her mercs but in PoP he scales walls runs along walls... Solves puzzles... Jumping around like a bleeding monkey...

Uncharted might be similar but its not really a TR... Because he's not like raiding tomb for artifacts meeting creatures which you havn't seen before.
Uncharted is a different game.... Totally from what i can see and it looks a really good game. If i had a PS3 i would buy it to be honest becuase it looks like my sort of game but i would think it of a TR.

I take a game as it comes. Take it for what it is...

pot
5th Jan 2008, 00:15
"Crystal Dynamics decided to use motion capture to make Lara's movements more natural and free-flowing, realistic gravity and secondary motions. Combining motion capture with hand made animations has allowed the team to achieve a more amazing level of aesthetic detail and realism. Whether she's shooting, grappling, climbing, swimming or fighting, she does so in a very realistic fashion, thanks to the new animation system. She's born anew yet again."

I don't want her to be perfectly realistic, I want her to be the perfectly functiontal interface between my eyes and the 3-D virtual TR environment that she used to be.

If realism is what I want then I might as well just have an extra marital affair with a horsey woman in jodpurs who lives in an expensive country mansion in Hampshire. Come to think of it, that IS what I want. Why have I never done that...:confused:

Tomb-Dude
5th Jan 2008, 00:26
I think they are trying to make it the best Tr which will impress us loads with the old TR fans and the new... I think that is what they are trying to do...

ChOnyD
5th Jan 2008, 02:33
Wait for a game with very little or no bugs

OR...

Get hte game now with loads of bugs...

This topic is about Eidos/Crystal Dynamics hurrying up about announcing the new Tomb Raider game. Not the games release. ;)

We don't ever really know that it is called Tomb Raider Underworld. We are just assuming that because of the copyright thing.

Yes, they need to confirm that game.

Rai
5th Jan 2008, 02:57
I think they are trying to make it the best Tr which will impress us loads with the old TR fans and the new... I think that is what they are trying to do...

Wasn't that what they were trying to do with TR Anniversary? To appeal both to the long-time players and new ones? To celebrate 10 (11) years of Tomb Raiding was the point of TRA wasn't it?

But they can still do that with TRU too. Or try anyways. But isn't that what it's all about? From each new game, they can learn from the past ones and bring new elements into the gaming experience.

NightRain'06
5th Jan 2008, 05:31
If anyone has played Assassin's Creed in either XBox 360 or PS3, you know the problems that occurred during gameplay. Well, I've experienced game freezes (lock ups), screen tearing (which really wasn't a big problem for me because on mine it wasn't so noticeable but stilll...) and sometimes not loading. This was a problem across both consoles and people (including myself) felt cheated because we paid a lot of money for the game.

So basically, after the discovery of the issues, that game felt like it wasn't tested before releasing and it should've been in the oven for them to resolve the issues. The developer has provided the official patch but I've heard and read in their forum that some people still have the same problems-- no improvements-- while others say they haven't experienced them after downloading and installing the patch.

I mean, I kept the game unlike others in that forum who said they returned the game because they were understandably upset. The reason why I kept it was due to the fact that I really wanted the game ever since hearing about it and I ended up overlooking the flaws eventually because despite that, it was still a damn good game to me.

And as I've said before, I know Crystal D and Eidos won't rush a product without making sure everything is in order. I have a lot of confidence in them. :)

LaraCroftLuver
5th Jan 2008, 06:08
give them time we dont want a crappy game do we??

Rai
5th Jan 2008, 13:51
Crikey, is no one reading the original post? This isn't about the game release, but the official announcement of the game. There hasn't been one yet has there? All the news we're getting is second hand and not from Eidos itself.

Yes, I wouldn't want the game to be rushed either. I would like it to be the best quality as they can get it. But as there has been no official news - no confirmation on the name; no release date; no allowed screenshots, I can't imagine the game being in the shops any time too soon. I don't think there is any worry about that. I am only speculating of course.

Obviously the news from the likes of trc is based on truth, so Eidos must be close to confirming the stuff we do already know. why are they keeping so quiet, me wonders? :scratch:

Atheist
5th Jan 2008, 16:37
I want them to make a forum so we can start ranting and suggesting and specualting! :D

Tomb-Dude
5th Jan 2008, 17:03
I want them to make a forum so we can start ranting and suggesting and specualting! :D

Exactly how i feel i went over on tombraiderfourm.com and they already have their own space for Underworld... They are posting pictures (someone scaned in some pictures from PLay magazine.
But why can't we yet??? :confused:

Rai
5th Jan 2008, 17:10

Couldn't agree more :D

humbug
5th Jan 2008, 19:38
Exactly how i feel i went over on tombraiderfourm.com and they already have their own space for Underworld... They are posting pictures (someone scaned in some pictures from PLay magazine.
But why can't we yet??? :confused:

Because this is the official forum. I'm guessing that Eidos will be in breech of their contract with Play if they allow us to post pics. ;)

Tomb-Dude
5th Jan 2008, 20:08
Because this is the official forum. I'm guessing that Eidos will be in breech of their contract with Play if they allow us to post pics. ;)

Yer... But it's quite annoying i quess all we need is just a date... But i dont want a date to be rushed either... Becuase knowing how TR is it will be delayed like the anniversary! Wasn't that like delayed a moneht or something...???

But i think i read somewhere it will be around the same time as the other two where released... May/June... Which isn't that good news for me...!!!!!

Rai
5th Jan 2008, 20:45
If you rush them this waiting will be spoilt and the game wont be as good as it can be... Would you really want to rush them to much so they miss out all the good thing in the game. Dont do everything perfect, make sure this is the best game you have ever played in your life???

Yes patience is a good thing, we wouldn't want a rushed game would we? :D

Yer... But it's quite annoying i quess all we need is just a date... But i dont want a date to be rushed either... Becuase knowing how TR is it will be delayed like the anniversary! Wasn't that like delayed a moneht or something...???

But i think i read somewhere it will be around the same time as the other two where released... May/June... Which isn't that good news for me...!!!!!

Um, aren't you kinda contradicting yourself here tomb-dude? on the one hand you say you can wait, on the other...:confused:

Pharaoh_rj
5th Jan 2008, 22:14
I think the Tomb Raider games always take a very long time to be released!:mad2:

You see games like Need for Speed for example , there's always another one coming out, and they're all very good.

Tomb-Dude
5th Jan 2008, 22:50
Um, aren't you kinda contradicting yourself here tomb-dude? on the one hand you say you can wait, on the other...:confused:

I meant that is a bad time for me because i have my exams then so i probz wont get it until july augest? I dont want it rushed at all i want to have either very little or no bugs... (if there are hopefully they wont be noticeable...)
But may/june arnt really the best months for me like i said i have my GCSE's And i wont have time to play games, more revision and studying and prepwork for my exams....

humbug
9th Jan 2008, 22:54
I see we are still waiting for TRU official conformation! I was just over at Stellas TR site and noticed she has a new underworld section, so hopefully official conformation is not too far away! :D

aussie500
12th Jan 2008, 14:56

They can take as long as they want to make the game, l just want an official announcement, with a few decent screenshots so we can finally have something we are allowed to post on the forum and discuss.

Atheist
12th Jan 2008, 15:00
I see we are still waiting for TRU official conformation! I was just over at Stellas TR site and noticed she has a new underworld section, so hopefully official conformation is not too far away! :D

It's true! (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/underworld.html) :D

zakker
12th Jan 2008, 17:03
I would like an official confirmation of TR: Underworld, we all want to know more about it! HURRY! PLEASE!

Yeah. I want to buy a new computer but not earlier than a confirmation of hardware requirements (Recommended) so i can buy top notch PC:scratch:

Rai
12th Jan 2008, 19:49
It's true! (http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/underworld.html) :D

You spelt that wrong: Shouldn't that be TRU

:lol:

sorry...

William Croft
12th Jan 2008, 20:31
Shouldn't that be TRU

:lol:

sorry...

Hahahahahahahahhhahaha too right it should be hahahahahahahhaa:lol: