PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3 error.

[DX-ST]DJ
4th Jan 2008, 10:07
Thief 3 error. when i run it a error come's :mad2: The error was

Engine requires Pixel Shader 1.1 (or high)

so anyone know where to download it for free or any information about this thing? :D

theBlackman
4th Jan 2008, 10:37
DJ;719211']Thief 3 error. when i run it a error come's :mad2: The error was

Engine requires Pixel Shader 1.1 (or high)

so anyone know where to download it for free or any information about this thing? :D

There is NO DOWNLOAD. Pixel shaders are built into your Video card. So you must get a better video card in order to play the game.

Your computer video cannot, and will not, allow you to play the game.

We need your computer specs to give you any further information. If, as I suspect it is a "off the shelf" system (Dell, Compac, HP, Sony) Then you need to see the dealer about getting a video upgrade.

And I also suspect that the video you currently have is built in to the motherboard. If your system does not have a PCI-E slot, then you better hope it has a AGP slot, and that you can still find a AGP card to fit the system.

Unless your system is new (within the last year and a half, give or take) you might need to get a complete new system or build your own.

Komag
4th Jan 2008, 14:39
The good news is that you can get an older vid card that will run TDS pretty well. You can buy a GeForce 4 Ti4400 or 4600 on eBay for under $30 now :)

[DX-ST]DJ
5th Jan 2008, 15:11
my card is 128mb idk if it supports but i think it does thats y i want its drivers does anybody know where to download drivers or something i buyed alot of rams and alot stuff to make this game run! plzz halp:(

Peter_Smith
5th Jan 2008, 16:17
128 MB means nothing other than it is a cheap card by todays standards. You need to state chipset manufacturer and chipset number, like Nvidia 7600. However, if it says it does not support Pixel shader, then it doesn't. Period. End of story. That is a hardware function of the video card. Drivers will not help. Do you by chance have on-board video? If so, you need to buy a separate video card that supports pixel shader and bypass the on-board video in the BIOS. Otherwise, change cards and do an appropriate deinstall and reinstall of the drivers to avoid conflict.

Note that Nvidia cards 6000 and later have rendering problems in Thief 1. An ATI card or an Nvidia FX59xx or below should work better for T1.

Again, post your computer specs in detail if you want more help. That is all we can say based on the information you have provided.