PDA

View Full Version : What platform will you play TRU on?

Vernavoncroy
3rd Jan 2008, 14:57
I will be playing it on PS3.

humbug
3rd Jan 2008, 15:01
I will be playing on PC, I've just got a new on so hopefully it will be able to run TRU!

Rai
3rd Jan 2008, 15:23
PC is my only option as I don't have any of those new-fangled consoles.

I just hope my pc specs are good enough.

Atheist
3rd Jan 2008, 15:33
PC, never owned a console and will never be interested in owning one.

ExH
3rd Jan 2008, 15:39
I have only PC, but I'll sometimes visit my friend to have some fun with PS3... :D

NightRain'06
3rd Jan 2008, 16:29
I'll play on my PS3 console of course. :p
I don't know if I'll pick up the PC version too. :lol:

zakker
3rd Jan 2008, 16:50
i voted for PC. know, i visit computer malls online trying to figure out what is my next computer components is.

LisaB1962
3rd Jan 2008, 16:57
PS3.

Or 360. *thinks* Probably PS3.

Tomb-Dude
3rd Jan 2008, 17:13
PC... dont have other two

Spong
3rd Jan 2008, 18:18
Chances are, when I first play the next Tomb Raider, it'll be on PC.
I'm more of a console man when it comes to games, PC's are too much hassle to play on, but there's no way in hell I'm going to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360. At least, not for a good two or three years yet.

Jezyk
3rd Jan 2008, 18:27
PC. My current one won't handle it but I'd rather buy a new PC than a new console:)

Tomb-Dude
3rd Jan 2008, 18:48
...there's no way in hell I'm going to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360. At least, not for a good two or three years yet.

Exactly how i feel :thumbsup:
The price of them :eek: but the PS3 has come down in price.

pot
3rd Jan 2008, 19:06
If past experience is anything to go by, quite possibly the XBOX 720 or the Wii ^ 3.

Mangar The Dark
3rd Jan 2008, 19:57
Definitely the PC. I don't have a console (other than the original Xbox), and besides, I kind of like the mouse/keyboard control scheme.

Spong
3rd Jan 2008, 20:42
Exactly how i feel :thumbsup:
The price of them :eek: but the PS3 has come down in price.

Last time I looked, it wasn't £100. One penny over that and Sony can keep whistling for my money. The UK PS3 is a shambling mockery.

Tomb-Dude
3rd Jan 2008, 21:52
It the uk... we are poor lol we need other people money!!!

lol... Defferently and i like hte way the wii has gone up from £170 to about £220 or something like that :thumbsup: and you can't even find one. My mum went to a shop and it went ask at counter for assistance so she asked "when are you next getting wii's in?" and they replied "Oh.. Dont know?"

But UK aint that good with pricing things...

RaiderGirl#1
4th Jan 2008, 01:36
I wish I could play it on the PS3 but I'm only able to play on the PC. I hope that the graphics can be really good and the game not run slow!

ChOnyD
4th Jan 2008, 02:18
Just got a 360 for christmas, so I am going to take advantage of that.:D

Plus, I tried running Tomb Raider Legend on my laptop and it looked good but it froze way too much.
AND, computers (for me) are more for First Person Shooters, and consoles for the rest?

LegendLost
4th Jan 2008, 02:36
I put two or more because I don't own a ps3 but my cousin does. So, I figured I'd buy the PC one for at home, and the PS3 for when I eventually get a PS3 and so I can play at his house. Obviously I'll buy the PC one first and eventually get the PS3 or just rent it!

Capkeez
4th Jan 2008, 06:24
PC and/or 360. 360 for graphics, PC for mods.

TwinPistols
5th Jan 2008, 10:56
I'll play it on PS3, I think I will be able to buy it before TRU release.

ditom
5th Jan 2008, 20:36
I will play on pc and ps3.

Wess~Gamer
5th Jan 2008, 22:21
I voted none, because I want to play it on the Wii. and right now I'm still sure it will come to the Wii advantely :)

Mertz523
6th Jan 2008, 00:08
PlayStation 3, of course...duh :rolleyes:

I just bought my system last night 'cuz I received an offer I couldn't refuse (20% off :whistle: :D ). 60 GB unit along with Assassin's Creed and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. Getting Uncharted next month.

RUGRLN
6th Jan 2008, 08:50
PC and nothing else!

There's no fun without the Pc. You can mod the living ** out of it :lol:
and you can get savegames....
You can record cool music videos....

There's nothing better......

AND!!

Ok, XBOX 360 aside for amazing graphics and PS3 for basically nothing to get out of it.......

X360 will get old after some time, and then the new one will come otu and chances are there won't be Compatibility support...

PC?! Never such probs....you can even play TR1 on WinVista [I think]
But X360 maybe like TR:Legend from XBOX1, but PS3 you can play PS1 games but not PS2. very clever.....

Phlip
6th Jan 2008, 11:34
Most likely a PS3.

Acid_Burn
6th Jan 2008, 12:02
PC. Month ago i made an upgrade. So, i think C2Duo + GF 8600 will be enough. :scratch:

hzh_online
6th Jan 2008, 21:45
I won't be playing TRU on any platform, because I won't be getting it.

Atheist
6th Jan 2008, 21:46
I won't be playing TRU on any platform, because I won't be getting it.

Why not? :(

hzh_online
6th Jan 2008, 21:50
Why not? :(

I didn't like Legend or Anniversary, so I doubt I'm going to like Underworld.

Atheist
6th Jan 2008, 22:32
I didn't like Legend or Anniversary, so I doubt I'm going to like Underworld.

Don't knock it until you've tried it.

But what was it about Legend and Anniversary you did'nt like?

Jurassicjeep
9th Jan 2008, 23:03
I will never play a game on a PC ... That would be like playing a game on my cell phone compared to my 42" screen for Playstation... Besides , i spend enough time on my laptop as it is......:)

naraku
9th Jan 2008, 23:54
I don't think my PC system specs will not meet TR8's minimum system requirements. So most likely I'll end up playing it on PS3.

LisaB1962
10th Jan 2008, 12:46
I will never play a game on a PC ... That would be like playing a game on my cell phone compared to my 42" screen for Playstation... Besides , i spend enough time on my laptop as it is......:)

Yeah, I've been playing Heavenly Sword on our new 56" HD TV. It's pretty cool. :cool:

Falcon
12th Jan 2008, 18:46
I played console games on the tv when i was a kid. The console got old, the games got old and it all ended in the trash.:scratch: With a PC u can mod, upgrade, download, play any game u want! (TR1 does work on vista, check tombraidercronicles, they have download to help with this:thumbsup: ).

Best of all when the PC gets old u can build a brand new one. choose your own hardware, sowtware, chassis, mods; your own personalised platform.:cool:

I'll never play PS3 or Xbox, u can't have lan parties! :( It's too boring!!!

William Croft
12th Jan 2008, 20:17
I'm going to be playing it on PS3 :D for the best graphics that it deserves :rasp:

Phlip
12th Jan 2008, 21:42
Since it may be available for PS2, I shall be playing it on that. So therefore I change my vote (even though there's no PS2 option..).

NightRain'06
13th Jan 2008, 03:05
With a PC u can mod, upgrade, download, play any game u want! (TR1 does work on vista, check tombraidercronicles, they have download to help with this:thumbsup: ).

Best of all when the PC gets old u can build a brand new one. choose your own hardware, sowtware, chassis, mods; your own personalised platform.:cool:

That's true. If I had that load of money saved, then yes, I'd definitely invest in either a pre-built high end gaming system or maybe custom build my own gaming beast. :) Over the years, I figured out how to install and remove computer components, the only things I don't know is finding and installing the correct bare case and motherboard with the power supply unit of course.

Once the PC version of TRU is released, I'll have to research its minimum requirements to see if it could run on my current system because yes, I'm considering purchasing that version as well. :whistle:

aussie500
13th Jan 2008, 03:07
l voted 2 or more platforms, main platform will be XBox 360, but l will attempt to play the PC version, my PC struggled a bit with Legend, although it was good enough for next gen screenshots it was at times a bit annoying when the frame rate dropped real low. l will buy the PC version anyway, and probably from the UK so hopefully it will beat the XBox 360 release in Australia. If there is a significant difference between the next gen and PS2 versions l might consider buying the PS2 version, but l will be in no hurry, l might just borrow it and see what it looks like.

NightRain'06
13th Jan 2008, 03:30
With Legend, because my PC didn't have a PCI Express slot for a high-end video card that had the Next Gen capability, I ended up playing on what I'd call "standard" mode. I only had an integrated video card so I kick myself for getting a low end system. It ran fine once disabling the display options, though.

If I only paid a little more for a system that had a PCI Express slot. I didn't even realize they went back to PCI because I thought AGP was still all the rage. The money I paid for initially I thought at the least it should have that but no. :o I have a good AGP card from several years ago that's collecting dust.

Falcon
13th Jan 2008, 08:15
Price is always the problem with PC gaming. Everybody wants top end gaming pc. Which is why it costs a fortune. But my philosophy, save some money buy a decent mobo and upgrade as time goes. You really don't need the most expensive stuff. Funny thing they have these days, quad sli and crossfire. who's gonna buy 4 GPU, unless you're very rich, u really only need one. i doubt sli really makes such a big difference.

An interesting board i've been looking at is gigabyte's GA-P35C-DS3R, only has one PCI-e slot but it's compatible with DDR2 and DDR3 memory. FSB up to 1333 mhz, compatible with quad core CPU's socket 775. 8 SATA ports, supports RAID. Check gigabyte.com.

Most top end graphics cards work on 550W for a single card and 800W for sli or crossfire. Intergrated graphics for gamers, BIG NO. Integrated souds is ok. Most Mobo's these days have good integrated sound.

Don't cut down on the PSU, a good one would be a little more expensive with industrial capasitors and circuit protection. Trust me if the PSU goes, it can take the whole computer with it. Yes i once blew up my whole computer, I don't want to talk about it. They say weight is a good indicator of a quality PSU.

The case really depends on personal preference. I'd go for a nice solid case, front USB ports, at least 3 fans, ATX, no PSU.
I'm not an hardware genius, I just enjoy building my own rig. So if anyone has something to add feel free.

humbug
13th Jan 2008, 10:36
I was quite impressed with the price I paid for my PC. I had a student loan so I couldn't buy the components and get my bf to build it. In the end I went to pc specislists I got DDR2 ram with 800 fsb, a nvidia 8600gt graphics card, an asus mb, 500w psu, and an intel duo core 2.33 with 1300 fsb. I also got vista home premium for £500 in total! They also sent me all my drivers and the vista disc.

rabid metro
14th Jan 2008, 06:16
i'll get Wii and by the time its released we'll probably also hear about the mac port (currently being done for TRA by Feral Interactive (http://www.feralinteractive.com/?game=tombraider)). :cool:

Gamer4Lyfe
14th Jan 2008, 11:36
...on Xbox 360 for the Achievements. I hope it's truly next-gen by the way. After finishing Uncharted this weekend, truly awesome it is, Crystal D has to match the graphical fidelity set by that great game. :D

Wess~Gamer
15th Jan 2008, 16:26
Got my Wii last week, so I'll be playing it on the Wii.. :)

-Roli-
15th Jan 2008, 19:31
Two or more platforms.

I will play first on PS2, then X360. :)

And maybe on PC. But my PC is not next gen :nut:

NightRain'06
15th Jan 2008, 20:47
...on Xbox 360 for the Achievements. I hope it's truly next-gen by the way. After finishing Uncharted this weekend, truly awesome it is, Crystal D has to match the graphical fidelity set by that great game. :D

Seriously, I could see them possibly exceed graphically in level environments and Lara design. When I played the Uncharted demo (I still don't have the full game yet. Shame on me..) I thought immediately that Crystal D could match or improve the game to make TRU extremely beautiful on both consoles. Well, I know they're already familiar with XBox 360's hardware and will maybe push its hardware to the maximum . For PS3, hopefully they will have had more than enough time to inspect the its hardware and see how they would utilize it in development of that version too. I'm extremely optimistic that particularly because I have the PS3 (for now) they won't disappoint. :)

~~~~

Falcon ~ Compared to me, you know a lot more since you've been building your own. I've heard and read from people that building my own is much better (and saves money) than purchasing a pre-built machine on a several years basis. Some day, when I'm not hopefully too old, I'll start custom building my own. But I can't get away from consoles since I've been hooked with them back when I was a young child. So I'll probably end up purchasing the next gen (not current PS3, XBox 360 gen) PlayStation and XBox.

npomis
16th Jan 2008, 16:50
PC, never owned a console and will never be interested in owning one.

PC, too.
I was never interested in owning any console either.

callalily_89
17th Jan 2008, 05:00
I will most likely buy PC-- I am tryin to find the e-mail address to the company b/c I want it on PS2-not everyone as $499 to spend on a PS3! Every Tomb Raider that I can remember has come out on PS2 also!! I want to know why they are changing it! I think it is so aweful! :mad2:

rabid metro
17th Jan 2008, 05:08
I will most likely buy PC-- I am tryin to find the e-mail address to the company b/c I want it on PS2-not everyone as $499 to spend on a PS3! Every Tomb Raider that I can remember has come out on PS2 also!! I want to know why they are changing it! I think it is so aweful!

TRU has been announced (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3383.html) as playable on, at least, 6 platforms:
PC, PS3, x360, PS2, Wii, and NDS

you can relax now ... :cool:

callalily_89
17th Jan 2008, 05:19
TRU has been announced (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3383.html) as playable on, at least, 6 platforms:
PC, PS3, x360, PS2, Wii, and NDS

you can relax now ... :cool:

Thank Goodness!!:o I just checked ebgames and saw they are gonig to have it :-D!! I reason I posted that earlier is I got a game magazine that showed PC, XBox360 and PS3! I was like..what? I was upset b/c I love playing the games and I thought they were no longer going to sell it to their faithful PS2 customers! Well thanks for correcting me on that :-)

rabid metro
17th Jan 2008, 06:02
@callalily_89~ ... you weren't alone in that concern!
vast legions want the game on PS2, etc. :)

let's hope we all get what we want ... :cool:

NightRain'06
17th Jan 2008, 22:57
I've never doubted that they wouldn't make a PS2 or a Wii version. They're catering to pretty much all fans and newbies to TR in whichever platform they prefer to play on. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you, Eidos Interactive, Crystal Dynamics and their(?) partners Buzz Monkey or Nixxes Software !! :)

Mercury Rapids
18th Jan 2008, 08:49
I voted Xbox 360, but I'll probably get it for PS2 as well (and maybe PC) :)

MercuryRapids
18th Jan 2008, 08:56
I voted Xbox 360, but I'll probably get it for PS2 as well (and maybe PC) :)

(Could the mods delete the above post by 'Mercury Rapids'. For some reason, a while back, I couldn't log in with this account and I had to create a new one (don't know why it says I joined in 2002, though. Maybe I did and forgot and accidentally logged in to that account... oh, I don't know. I made a bugger of it anyway...lol :)). Now I can log on again with my 'normal' account - cheers :D)

Larahair
20th Jan 2008, 03:42
PS2 if it is on there I hope it will be. If not I will be like this: :mad2:

~Raven23~
20th Jan 2008, 11:38
I will play it on PS3 :)

TDK
20th Jan 2008, 12:06
PC :D
i played Legend on pc and Anv too :)
i think that i can control when i play it on pc better than PS2

Tomb-Dude
20th Jan 2008, 12:39
PS2 if it is on there I hope it will be. If not I will be like this: :mad2:

They say it is on PS2... So you wont have to be like :mad2: you can be more like :D

ScarAnna
21st Jan 2008, 13:43
I heard they are releasing it on PS2 as well, so i'll be playing on that :p

I want to get X360 as soon as possible though, i think Tomb Raiders look better on that :D

Hamud-64
21st Jan 2008, 14:41
Ppl are u crazy ???????? u remeber how much the ps2 cosed when it came , and ps3 , handles more then a pc , a pc gets stuch and all , but did u ever see ur ps3 get stuck (not when it falls or u some how break it) ???
Hust think , ill tell u all that if u want to buy a new pc ....dont .... ps3 is more useful

humbug
21st Jan 2008, 15:40
came , and ps3 , handles more then a pc , a pc gets stuch and all ,

Only if you have a rubbish computer, the computers with the lastest technology are definately more powerful than the PS3!

Tomb-Dude
21st Jan 2008, 17:18
PS3 handles more then a PC :scratch: Sorry but i think PC's are getting updated basicly like every few months new ones are comming out holding more and more. I'm not being rude but PC's are way better then PS3 they hold WAY MORE! there speed is getting better and better. Yer they might not come with the superb graphics straight away. But some do depending on how much you buy one for...

In years to come PS3's will end up like PS2's where as PC's will be continuing on becuase they can get updated.
PS2 are still good, i still buy games for mine and will untill they stop offically.
MY PS2 (i had to buy a new one) but my old one i had for about 5-6 years nothing happened to it, until i knocked it off the shelf ('coz my foot got caught around the control wire.

But yer this is the end of my little rant but, to me PC's are and will always be better then PS3 becasue they are being updated even as we speak sort of thing...... :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

dazz
22nd Jan 2008, 01:39
I was planning to buy a PS3 when the game was released but I'm so glad to here that it will be released on PS2 as well. Onya Eidos! The PS2 graphics are'nt too bad anyway.

Bampire
22nd Jan 2008, 08:39
If my computer can take it, I'll play it on the PC, and if it cannot, I'll have to save up for a PS3.

Bampire
22nd Jan 2008, 08:41
I was planning to buy a PS3 when the game was released but I'm so glad to here that it will be released on PS2 as well. Onya Eidos! The PS2 graphics are'nt too bad anyway.

Wait, TR:U's going to be on Ps2? If that's true, then that owns.

WickermanT
30th Jan 2008, 02:07
It's been a while since I posted anything, some things came up. Anyways, I just thought I would say I'll be playing TRU on my new PS3. Looking forward to when it comes out.:)

uzigirl
31st Jan 2008, 16:25
Well usually it would be the PS2 but I'm thinking about trying a PC version this time around.

KentoFra
1st Feb 2008, 02:45
I have a PS2 but will buy a PS3 if TRU deserves the expense, but I will wait for the opinion of the players before spending such amount of money :scratch:

Playing on PC is difficult to me , I don't manage to watch what Lara is doing at the same time I am looking at the keyboard :nut: .

rabid metro
1st Feb 2008, 06:38
regardless of what platform you'll play on, it seems that TRU is being made with controllers (vs. KB/mouse) primarily in mind ...
:cool:

Bitter~x~Sweet
2nd Feb 2008, 04:07
I would probably play it on the Xbox 360 first...
Then PS2,
and if my brother gets a PS3 than I would get it for that. :)
My PC can't handle this... :(

Peterburger
3rd Feb 2008, 02:39
I will play exceptionally on nothing else But My Personal Computer!!
Never Ever owned a PlayStation, a Handy or a Cell-Phone.
Do not need XBox360.
PlayStation I cannot afford with.
I need LARA CROFT on my new Personal Computer, which my wife presented to Me this Year's Russian Christmas.
I cannot work on anything else.
Wanna write a new book about it then.
If everything else fails, I'll apply for CORE-DESIGN.
British/Russian/German. I know only three mothertongues.
Will someone want to read my new book in December?
I will put it online then simply.
With merry greetings from good old Central-Europe.
I hate it here, but I was born here, too.
Noone can forget its roots.
But my roots are as brown as Yours, Lara.
May the Friendship between CORE-DESIGN and "whom?!!" last FOREVER!!

O.Weging

lokness
3rd Feb 2008, 02:41
I can see the PS3 version being gimped now. I Just hope that the Eidos puts some effort into making it on par with the 360.

rabid metro
3rd Feb 2008, 06:14
...If everything else fails, I'll apply for CORE-DESIGN...

you mean Crystal Dynamics, right???. Core Design no longer exists ...

RUGRLN
3rd Feb 2008, 08:02
X360 Demo, then maybe PC Demo first, but then again I think I'l edn up buying it on the PC, but we'll see, I wanan buy for X360 for NextGen but on the PC, the power of modding and savegames, they ain't no beating that....

Werner Von Croy
3rd Feb 2008, 14:23
PS3 i don't know if there will be a Wii edition but if there is then i will be playing on that too

Wess~Gamer
3rd Feb 2008, 14:46
My PC can't handle all of this..
So I'm planning to buy the game for the wii :)

however, I'm trying to save up my money for a new laptop.
So if I can buy a new laptop (which can handle Tomb Raider: Underworld) in time I'll probaly buy the game for that.
You know, because it will probaly look better on a PC and because of the modding and being able to make screenshots and make video's..

And if they make special Wii-features again I'll buy that version just after playing the PC version ;)

naraku
5th Feb 2008, 21:25
you mean Crystal Dynamics, right???. Core Design no longer exists ...
Core Exists! Doesn't it make comic books now?:lol: :lmao: That's cool.

Advent-Tidus
5th Feb 2008, 21:29
PC definitly! This game is going to be so awesome! I can not wait, and I have most of my tomb raider games for the PC anyways! so...

matches81
5th Feb 2008, 23:09
Voted for PS3, because I prefer playing third person games on a console for some reason I myself don't fully understand. That said, I'll wait for a demo and see if the controls are better on the PS3 or the PC. Then I'll decide which version I'll buy.

rabid metro
6th Feb 2008, 05:13
... Core Exists! Doesn't it make comic books now? ...

Core is no more (http://games.ign.com/objects/025/025374.html). first the devs left, and then the name was sold, etc. kaput!

BTW, i think hard core comic books are something different ...

and just for the record, i think you're swell (despite this post) ...

DempseyRo
6th Feb 2008, 15:06
I will be playing on PC or on PS2
I'll see wich kind i'll buy.

Werner Von Croy
6th Feb 2008, 15:22
I will be playing on PC or on PS2
I'll see wich kind i'll buy.

Are they releasing a PS2 version? I thought Underworld was for Next Gen consoles only?:scratch:

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 16:23
Are they releasing a PS2 version? I thought Underworld was for Next Gen consoles only?:scratch:

They are realsing in on PS2 although it won't be as good as on PS3 or XBOX

Joshorty
6th Feb 2008, 18:33
PS3 :D Surround and big screen.

donnabright
6th Feb 2008, 20:25
I would play on the PS3 but boyfriend is always on it but I do have an xbox360, so that is what I will play TRU on. I always play TRL and TRA on xbox 360.

darklightdan
6th Feb 2008, 20:50
My Xbox 360 :) Cant Wait Another 10 Month. :(

richard4lara
6th Feb 2008, 20:51
PS3 or Xbox, I have both :p

BurialGown
10th Feb 2008, 12:57
PC only ... I have PSP console, but as I heard the game will not be made for it for which I'm truly sorry :(

But I have 42'' TV and surround so I'm going to play it on the big screen trough the PC ... Haven't got enough bucks to buy Wii yet ;(

William Croft
10th Feb 2008, 17:38
PC only ... I have PSP console, but as I heard the game will not be made for it for which I'm truly sorry :(

But I have 42'' TV and surround so I'm going to play it on the big screen trough the PC ... Haven't got enough bucks to buy Wii yet ;(

Aww, well dont worry, all in good time (Like my ps3)
Welcome to the forum :D

BurialGown
11th Feb 2008, 11:09
Aww, well dont worry, all in good time (Like my ps3)
Welcome to the forum :D

Thank you :)

As for the PSP .. it's cool to know you have Lara in your pocket everywhere you go ... Even now i'm replaying for million time Anniversary :D

William Croft
11th Feb 2008, 22:01
Thank you :)

As for the PSP .. it's cool to know you have Lara in your pocket everywhere you go ... Even now i'm replaying for million time Anniversary :D

I liked PSP version although there was not 2 analogs so the way you look around was very fustrating but after you got used to it it would be okay.

tombraiderxlegend
11th Feb 2008, 22:07
PS2. My family can't afford PS3/XBOX360, although I'd love to have one. I know PS2 won't get the best pictures, it'll still be awesome!

William Croft
11th Feb 2008, 22:08
PS2. My family can't afford PS3/XBOX360, although I'd love to have one. I know PS2 won't get the best pictures, it'll still be awesome!

Doesn't really matter about graphics just as long as the game is good. :thumbsup: Don't worry about it.

Captain Mazda
12th Feb 2008, 00:20
PC. Gonna take full advantage of the beautiful engine :cool:

BurialGown
12th Feb 2008, 10:18
I liked PSP version although there was not 2 analogs so the way you look around was very fustrating but after you got used to it it would be okay.

Yes... The camera is really a big problem in PSP version specially when you first play Legend and then Anniversary, cuz they use different button combinations and its annoying :D

William Croft
12th Feb 2008, 17:49
Yes... The camera is really a big problem in PSP version specially when you first play Legend and then Anniversary, cuz they use different button combinations and its annoying :D

I know!! Soooo annoying!! :D

Joshorty
13th Feb 2008, 00:58
Actually the controls in Anniversary on PSP is not only a major improvement over Legend but is just fine and right :D I don't see why they can not make one for PSP if they can make one for DS....

BurialGown
13th Feb 2008, 11:32
Actually the controls in Anniversary on PSP is not only a major improvement over Legend but is just fine and right :D I don't see why they can not make one for PSP if they can make one for DS....

Yes! In Anni it's much more easier to use L and R buttons but however in fight, sometimes, the camera goes nuts ...

PSP users like me can only HOPE they will spare no effort to make a PSP version :: ))

William Croft
13th Feb 2008, 16:07

Probally because the DS sells better...?

BurialGown
14th Feb 2008, 12:08

There's true in your words, but they can think of a way to make the PSP version available only for Inet selling perhaps, or just run some statistic to see how many ppl would buy it for PSP and make limited amount of copies :)

Kami
14th Feb 2008, 13:16
Pc :)

LCraider08
18th Feb 2008, 06:41
I could have sworn that I saw it advertised (like on here in the news) for ps2 also..i really hope it is just becuase I cannot afford an x box 360 right now and my pc has the worst capability ever...

tombraiderfanben14
18th Feb 2008, 15:48
i will play tombraider underworld for the wii

Joshorty
18th Feb 2008, 16:50
Yeah that is a good point. Come to think of it, they never really reveal any numbers on the PSP version (as in how much it sold). I've always felt that it never sold well and stuff.

UTWarden
18th Feb 2008, 20:23
I didn't answer the poll. seeing I own a Wii, Decent pc at the moment, X360, PS3, as well as the PSP.

I played TRL on the X360 then the PC, I played TRA on my PC with no problems. I also used an X360 controller on the PC, which I used for BOTH games.

Chadster
18th Feb 2008, 20:37
Two or more. Mainly due to the fact that I know I'll get it on the PC but, if they release a Wii version I'll perhaps try that...

BlueAngel7
1st Apr 2008, 22:26
PC :) Hopefully this game will play on a wide variety of configurations.

Imaginary Whisk
2nd Apr 2008, 00:43
Most likely 360 for me. I got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas & I was planing on getting a PS3 while they were on discount. But I was still $200 short. :(

| Sony > Microsoft |

| PS3 > 360 |

| Half the Price for My First Car < My Wallet |

=[

jacobtheraider
5th Apr 2008, 01:03
i will play it on the PC :D

liquidcabbage
5th Apr 2008, 17:04
xbox360,and I'm going to unlock all the achievements
Hope there will be some cool downloadables on xbox live too :rolleyes:

Miss. Croft
6th Apr 2008, 02:32
I probably will play it on the PS3. I dont have a PS3 yet, because there arent any good games i want to play on it yet, but when TRU comes out ill buy it and play it on there.

fael097
6th Apr 2008, 17:34
PC OF COURSE!!!

im buying a new one just to play this baby

FuuKuy
13th Apr 2008, 14:28
PC version.

Cheaper version + 1680x1050, AA4x, AF16x 60fps, Vsync-ON, and MODs!!

Happyness. :)

oninboy
14th Apr 2008, 01:18
I'll play it on my XBox 360, that's all i have, my pc sucks.

NightRain'06
14th Apr 2008, 04:59
For some reason I thought the 360 version would have the potential purchase edge to the PC because of its consumer base. Now I realize that people purchase and do have multiple PC's in which some are dedicated gaming systems. So I see the reason for why the PC format was voted more.

4croftsake
14th Apr 2008, 11:47
PS3, i'm sure the PS3 can perform just as well as a PC with high specs. The PS3 does have the gorgeous looking Uncharted.

NightRain'06
14th Apr 2008, 16:54
PC version.

Cheaper version + 1680x1050, AA4x, AF16x 60fps, Vsync-ON, and MODs!!

Happyness. :)

OMG ! After seeing the PC Anniversary mod video on YouTube of Lara as the Yellow Power Ranger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxrfRXerhf4&feature=related) from the original 'Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers,' I want to buy the PC version, too ! :D All they needed was a way to create the helmet, then I would have been floored ! Nostalgia !

[ Ahem, I'm hoping like the previous 2 games, the minimal system requirements will be very generous so that I could even play on my PC. I'll have to download the demo first when it's released and test it. ]

Tara C
14th Apr 2008, 19:00
I'll Be Playing It On XBox 360 As Im Waitin For It To Be Delivered As I Type This :D

quick-cookie
14th Apr 2008, 21:34
Depends, i rlly liked the Wii version of TRA, but we'll c bout TRU..

JordG
15th Apr 2008, 20:14
Probally Wii and PS3 :)

NightRain'06
21st Apr 2008, 02:10
Quick-Cookie
I have the PS2 and PC versions of Anniversary. When there were confirmed news and screenshots revealed for Wii edition, as soon as I saw the first pic online, it looked very polished compared to the PS2's and I was so tempted to purchase a Wii and get this version as well.

So my guess, Underworld Wii edition will look purty too. :D Not as good as 360 and PS3 but it'll probably stand out on its own.

LaraCroftRox
21st Apr 2008, 10:14
none. Wii!!!! :)

pinkangel07
22nd Apr 2008, 00:09
Since I only own a PS2 nad Gamecube (tragic, I know) I will rent it and then play it on my friend's XBox 360. I WISH i knew someone with PS3 since I've always played on the playstation platform but alas, I'm almost 18 and will probably grow out of my gaming life and also, i don't feel like spending the money on the consoles for just a couple of games.

pinkangel07
22nd Apr 2008, 00:12
Since I only own a PS2 nad Gamecube (tragic, I know) I will rent it and then play it on my friend's XBox 360. I WISH i knew someone with PS3 since I've always played on the playstation platform but alas, I'm almost 18 and will probably grow out of my gaming life and also, i don't feel like spending the money on the consoles for just a couple of games.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

I just went to the main site and it's being released on PS2??????!!!

WOOOW, I'M REALLY HAPPY NOW! hahahahahaha:D

_Tomb_Raider_
24th Apr 2008, 17:15
I only have PC....so

Mangar The Dark
24th Apr 2008, 18:28
I only have an Atari 2600 and a Commodore Vic-20 so....

RinoTheBouncer
26th Apr 2008, 12:10
PS3 ;-) :rasp: :lmao:

XenoAlias
29th Apr 2008, 02:07
I played all of them before Legend on the PC. I have Legend for 360 and Anniversary for PS2, because my PC can't fully handle either. I will probably be buying a really nice PC before Christmas though, so I hope to return to the days of PC Tomb Raider for Underworld.

MercuryRapids
29th Apr 2008, 11:30
Earlier, I voted for XBox 360, but I've since got a PS3, so will likely get it for that... ;)

TombRaiderSpoilerBoy01
29th Apr 2008, 15:05
I'd say I would play it on PS2! :)

jayjay119
29th Apr 2008, 17:56
I've both a 360 and PS3 but i think i will get it for the PS3, its got more power than the 360 so there may be certain advatages to the gameplay, and if not, PS has always been Lara's home console anyway (despite being born on the Saturn lol)

Greenas
30th Apr 2008, 18:51
I've always owned a PC cause my dad works with them alot and so i got a good PC but never a console and i can say that i preffer it where i currently am .PC ROCKS!:D

ChaosWolf1982
30th Apr 2008, 18:56
When it comes to Lara, my only experience is with the console versions, and my console is PS2 currently since the 3 is still a bit out of my fun-money reach, so...

well, you do the math.

tombraiderfanben14
23rd Jul 2008, 19:26
I AM SO EXCITED:nut: :nut: I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME I WILL BE PLAYING IT ON THE WII!

chubbywubby
23rd Jul 2008, 19:56
Actually I didnt Have a XBOX 360 till this June! i just bought a brand new one! THANK GOD!

PC i had all my life! but my PC isnt that powerful! it can play UNDERWORLD! if it can play Gears of War and Assassins Creed! then it can play underworld! lol! but its gonna jerk during gameplay! so no use! so thats why XBOX 360 RULES! ill still play though!

chubbywubby
23rd Jul 2008, 20:03
I've both a 360 and PS3 but i think i will get it for the PS3, its got more power than the 360 so there may be certain advatages to the gameplay, and if not, PS has always been Lara's home console anyway (despite being born on the Saturn lol)

EXCUSE ME! please dont mind my ARROGANCE! but PS3 has more power than 360!
Dude you gotta be kidding me! really! 360 is way more powerful! do you have a game called LAIR! it jerks on PS3! it has zero compression power! game loads like ****! now 360 is what i call a machine it has a very good compression power! i have a game called Orange Box! It has All of the Half Life Series compiled on one DVD! and i play it perfectly! no jerking, no pixelation! no nothing ! the game loads quickly! and its great!

you have heard that PS3 has 8 Cores and stuff! dont fall into that trap! the gfx are good no doubt! but really if there is comparison between PS3 and XBOX 360, 360 is sure to WIN im a PS FREAK i had PS1 and PS2! all my LIFE i even have a PSP handheld I love that thing! i also like PS3 ilike its design and stuff! but PS3 power and all! it Sucks BIG TIME

Archi
23rd Jul 2008, 20:50
I play on PC, I have a Saitek Cyborg Rumble Pad with vibration and it is like PS3 or XBOX360 controler.I played Legend and Anniversary with this pad and it also can be used on other games even if they dont support gamepad, because CRP came with a CD that instals all nesesery programs to run in the game and you can make your own profile for every button what action to have and save it to use it in the games. I recomended to buy a Saitek pad, there are diferent models. Just check the Saitek website: www.saitek.com and you will see how good is their pad.

lilhanhan
23rd Jul 2008, 20:58
I'm getting it for the PS2 and maybe for the DS...as long as the DS version is totally different from legend :p

loopy111
7th Aug 2008, 06:12
ps3 all the way

LC is Me
7th Aug 2008, 12:18
Either the PS2 or the Wii. But like I've said, I might just buy it for both.

I'm just that dedicated. :cool:

loopy111
7th Aug 2008, 12:47
EXCUSE ME! please dont mind my ARROGANCE! but PS3 has more power than 360!
Dude you gotta be kidding me! really! 360 is way more powerful! do you have a game called LAIR! it jerks on PS3! it has zero compression power! game loads like ****! now 360 is what i call a machine it has a very good compression power! i have a game called Orange Box! It has All of the Half Life Series compiled on one DVD! and i play it perfectly! no jerking, no pixelation! no nothing ! the game loads quickly! and its great!

you have heard that PS3 has 8 Cores and stuff! dont fall into that trap! the gfx are good no doubt! but really if there is comparison between PS3 and XBOX 360, 360 is sure to WIN im a PS FREAK i had PS1 and PS2! all my LIFE i even have a PSP handheld I love that thing! i also like PS3 ilike its design and stuff! but PS3 power and all! it Sucks BIG TIME

how can one dvd compare to a blu ray disc which has around 100 GB for a ps3 disc

ZXcorr
7th Aug 2008, 13:14
The same game with different performance on different consoles doesn't always mean it's the console's fault.
Most of the time, it's the game.

So there are some games run better on X360...
But there are also other games run better on PS3.

Many developers said that PS3 has more edge than X360 because of the BluRay capabilities.
However, there's a few of them claimed that X360 somehow has a superior hardware.
That's it. End of story.

Personally, I prefer PS3. Because I'm so tired of X360's overheating problems. It's ridiculous.
Additionally, it's the cheapest BluRay player and PSN is free. :p

josh1122
7th Aug 2008, 13:25
The same game with different performance on different consoles doesn't always mean it's the console's fault.
Most of the time, it's the game.

So there are some games run better on X360...
But there are also other games run better on PS3.

Many developers said that PS3 has more edge than X360 because of the BluRay capabilities.
However, there's a few of them claimed that X360 somehow has a superior hardware.
That's it. End of story.

Personally, I prefer PS3. Because I'm so tired of X360's overheating problems. It's ridiculous.
Additionally, it's the cheapest BluRay player and PSN is free. :p

yeah PSN is free but it sucks royally and even though XBL costs(not that much) its better than PSN till sony actually makes PSN worth something. I hate it personally lol. Also I've never had a problem with my 360 overheating.

and please lets not start this fanboy ranting about ''whos hardware is better!'' ive heard enough of that crap and the console war doesn't need to be brought over to this forum. This isn't directed at anyone inparticular, i just don't want it to turn into fanboy console rants..

hell999
7th Aug 2008, 14:55
I own:-
- PC
- PS3
- Wii
- DS
- PS2

But I tend to think of Tomb Raider as a PC game, so i'm going with that :o

Cheese is nice.
7th Aug 2008, 18:05
Im getting it for the Wii. Sadly, this is all I have.:(

Joshorty
7th Aug 2008, 21:07
The least you can get from that is the game;) (and of course, enjoy what the Wii has to offer for this version).

Memosa
7th Aug 2008, 23:45

Me too. all I have is the Wii so I cant do the poll.:(

josh1122
8th Aug 2008, 00:17

Hey in the end, you STILL get to play the game

so that seems great to me lol

Larahair
8th Aug 2008, 00:17
ps2 cause I don't have a ps3

Cheese is nice.
8th Aug 2008, 01:28
Me too. all I have is the Wii so I cant do the poll.:(

Its OK. We can cry together. I hope this time that if they give us a Natla costume, they fix her lips in the cutscenes and combat.:mad2:

cdboyles
8th Aug 2008, 01:37
I'll have to say my 360

seashell093
9th Aug 2008, 19:49
ps3=awesome

annebelle86
9th Aug 2008, 20:44
i'm spoiled with my xbox 360, since i've played tomb raider on a console i found controlling lara on pc difficult, if not impossible! with legend and anniversary, that is, 1-6 were perfectly fine for me

andrew90
9th Aug 2008, 20:56
I will play the game on my PC. I say is the best platform for games

Singstar90210
9th Aug 2008, 22:59
Well, My cousins have a Wii so I might play it on that. I may also play it on PC and PS3 (or PS2, whatever PS comes first).

OoxshlezarxoO
10th Aug 2008, 15:28
Im gonna play it on PS3 for my bday(nov. 23), its suppost to be in nextgen graphics for PS3 and Xbox360:) and im gonna get in for PC on new years.

skybluetopaz
10th Aug 2008, 15:52
cl, my bday is couple days b4 the release date so i'll hopefully get it ordered and then play it on me ps3 YAY!...;) :)

David603
11th Aug 2008, 16:22
.......I hope this time that if they give us a Natla costume, they fix her lips in the cutscenes and combat.:mad2:
Yeah, remember the Amanda costume in TRL? Because the model for Amanda was a reskinned version of the one used for Lara, if you were playing as Amanda you would get the lipstick effect used to give Amanda's lips a different look tearing every time her mouth moved during the cutscenes. And Amanda also had two sets of eyelashes in the cutscenes because someone forgot to take out Lara's, which were different from Amanda's. Anaya looked kind of weird too because she was also a reskinned version of the Lara model.

Lara's.Fan4life
11th Aug 2008, 16:40
I'll be playing on PC..... Cos thats best for gaming......

Danni
11th Aug 2008, 17:01
Hopefully, PS3. Saving up for it :D

alexpuntiel
11th Aug 2008, 17:45
ps2

sammydude
12th Aug 2008, 08:01
I will be playing it on my Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....!! :)

aLadyMayCry
12th Aug 2008, 12:09
If my mother is nice and buying me a Xbox 360 on my birthday then I'm gonna play TRU on the 360. If she is not nice I have to play it on PC. and my computer is really bad. :cool:
(sorry if my english is bad)

LaraCroftRox
12th Aug 2008, 12:12
Me thinks, why is there no option for Wii?

lilhanhan
12th Aug 2008, 12:24
Me thinks, why is there no option for Wii?

Good point, I've only just realised that! :o

EDIT- Wait there's no PS2 or DS too! ^.^;

LaraCroftRox
12th Aug 2008, 13:36
Or PSP! :confused:

lilhanhan
12th Aug 2008, 14:55
Or PSP! :confused:

This is starting to be a kinda unfair poll... :confused:

trlestew
12th Aug 2008, 15:31
ps2, maybe pc if it can handle it, highly doubt it, and why arent there any options for wii,ps2,ds, or psp? :confused:

madamlaracroft
14th Aug 2008, 11:12
i'm going for pc as always :cool:

Dr.Willard
14th Aug 2008, 11:24
ps2, maybe pc if it can handle it, highly doubt it, and why arent there any options for wii,ps2,ds, or psp? :confused:

Funny you should mention that as I was just thinking that myself.

Tombfan#1
14th Aug 2008, 12:34
I might play TRU on 360 or wii