PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Team chat showing on opposing team

Victorian_Rat
10th Dec 2013, 00:35
I have noticed this before on several other rounds that the Team chat is visible to the opposing team. It`s not contained to just one map but pretty much all of them. I didn`t see this topic anywhere else on the forums so i figure no one has noticed it yet.

Syst3mzero
10th Dec 2013, 01:32
its if those people are in your team (invited to lobby or select to join you in lobby) but then the matchmaking decides to split you up thus making the people on your lobby team and your team all chat as one.

you will notice that any time its happened they are on your friends list on steam.

lucinvampire
4th Feb 2014, 21:27
In a game we had tonight I could see the enemy teams chat - it was only in Freeport - never noticed it before tonight.

RainaAudron
4th Feb 2014, 21:32
It´s been always the issue as far as I am aware.

lucinvampire
5th Feb 2014, 12:29
It´s been always the issue as far as I am aware.

Really lol I really need to be more awake - only tend to usually see open talk and not so much team related instruction stuff in the games I've been in - but when it happens no wonder why I spend half the time confused :p

Niesyto
8th Mar 2014, 15:08
Well, i've just found this bug. When enemy post something on "team" i can easilly see this. I will try to add screens later.

Wobbley
8th Mar 2014, 15:52
It's a known bug, been there for a while. Good that you are reporting it still, maybe they will fix it faster :)

Niesyto
8th Mar 2014, 18:53
I started playing yesterday evening so i didn't know it's a known bug.

hirukaru
8th Mar 2014, 18:55
Has been reported before as: Teamchat can be seen by enemy (Steam friends) (1)

But it seems it has changed that everyone is able to see it.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=7843

please try to use that topic if possible to search for known bugs. I will change the description.

Shartukor
8th Mar 2014, 23:09
In most of my games the players of both team can see the chat of the opposite team.

Tureil
9th Mar 2014, 00:44
Yep. been around since Alpha. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. I don't bother using it anymore.

RiversOblivion
9th Mar 2014, 02:27
Yeah, i just had it happen tonight; i wasn't friends with anyone though.

RemovedQuasar
9th Mar 2014, 16:51
I don't remember this bug on alpha, but always happened since the start of Beta.

hirukaru
9th Mar 2014, 19:32
I don't remember this bug on alpha, but always happened since the start of Beta.
It was in Alpha was related to the invite friends option when the party system was taken out.

Psyonix_Eric
10th Mar 2014, 17:02
This team chat bug should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

AureasAetas
11th Mar 2014, 17:36
Yeah, i just had it happen tonight; i wasn't friends with anyone though.

Same for me, the issue occurs with everybody, steam friends or not (don't have steam friends in this game anyway).

Psyonix_Eric
11th Mar 2014, 17:38
This should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

JansKyGTX
16th Mar 2014, 18:26
There's a really huge unbalance feature in this game and that's the team speak not working, as humans it doesn't really matter since they just defend. But as Vampires it makes all the difference, since without syncing attacks secretly vampires as a team has a massive amount of trouble to to well throughout the round.

So please make that your primary concern, and if not primary, at least include that in the next update (Which hopefully will be coming soon).

PencileyePirate
18th Mar 2014, 05:57
This should be fixed in an upcoming patch.

The patch last Thursday still didn't fix this ... ?

Also, voice chat still only works in lobby (afaik?)

CountScorpion
24th Mar 2014, 14:56
i was wondering why can the enemy team see what me and my team type in the team chat that's a big problem for when u want to make a strategy of some kind when the enemy team can read what you are planing i was just curious if this is a bug that everyone can read the team chat or if its suposed to be like that

RainaAudron
24th Mar 2014, 14:58
It wasn´t fixed yet.

PencileyePirate
25th Mar 2014, 21:23
Was this fixed in today's patch? I heard it added a new chat bug, but no word on whether this is fixed yet.

terraphoenix
9th Nov 2014, 22:34
Hello,

I don't know whether this is a known bug or not. But today, and for some weird reason, I was able to read the opposite team's (team) chat.

mauvo58
9th Nov 2014, 23:15
This has happened to me before too.

enkaku-silence-
17th Jan 2015, 23:25
Happened today. Guy was in the wrong Team-Chat. He probably first was in our team, because when the match started we were 5 (there were four avatars in the left corner for a blink of an eye). The rest of the game he was still in our teamchat.
I don't know why this is still happening. It's a really bad thing to accidently talk to the enemy team and not being able to communicate with the own team privately.

RainaAudron
24th Jan 2015, 14:43
Yeah, the team chat is visible to everybody again.

Mayhzon
26th Jan 2015, 14:17
Yep, it's still a problem sadly. Before my thread got merged with this one, I thought it would be some type of cheat or the like. Kinda silly.

FireWorks_
26th Jan 2015, 14:21
First: The teamchat being visible to the other team is a bug. It happens to all players at some time.

The guy and his friend with the other number name are nowhere near good or haxxoring. Their name is a joke/pun ;)

On a more serious note:
VAC is active.
The FairFight (serverside anticheat) is currently in learning mode and will be activated a bit later.

Oh and, naming and shaming is not allowed at the forum here.

Phytik
26th Jan 2015, 14:25
It was probably just a bug. Sometimes it is possible to see the enemies team chat.
I got 250+ hours of gametime of Nosgoth and I came across a cheater only once yet. (Speed and Attackspeed hack)
After the first round that player left the game. Maybe he got automatically banned ?!

Mayhzon
26th Jan 2015, 14:31
-Here goes nothing-

RainaAudron
26th Jan 2015, 14:35
Team chat is visible for both teams, it´s a bug since last update.

lastnewbie
13th Feb 2015, 19:49
I did a report (bug report) with this issue but didn't fixed yet, I post it here if can be solved.
The team chat don't work, like the title says. I got some screenshots showing them, being human can read vampire's team chat and vice-versa. Look: in this screenshot i'm human and the vampire team says go together in their team chat but i can read it.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/529507501956118183/AFA4F9334AE69B6A8CA85F921E611573B5A94307/

In this, i'm vampire and can read human's chat.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/529507501956124136/DB10CC85CAAE2893E2B4F257DCAAF81E3D3FCFFA/

I hope can be solved this bug.

puff_ng
15th Feb 2015, 12:15
I'm also getting this issue. I could read the other team's chat.

Farnbeak
19th Feb 2015, 16:32
I've encountered this a couple of times for sure (i play since open beta)