PDA

View Full Version : Faith in Deus Ex 3 and my story...

Unstoppable
2nd Jan 2008, 09:07
Title is supposed to read "Faith in Deus Ex 3"

Hello fellow Deus Ex fans! Ever since playing the first game in early 2000 or 2001 I was hooked. I was only 17 years old at the time but man what a rush. Picking up the PC Gamer game of the year awards magazine and flipping to see who won.

All I saw was the game called "Deus Ex." Deus Ex?? What the heck is a Deus Ex I said to myself? I was truly a console gamer and afraid of PC games that were too complicated and I was afraid of losing..

So I finally order up the preview copy of Deus Ex with the first 2 or 3 levels from Eb Games online. I listen to the open cinematic and my jaw dropped. Rarely had games been able to capture my imagination and belief. I was truly immersed.

Unfortunately I didn't realize it was only 3 levels and had to buy the full game. It was worth every penny though and man o man what a rush. From New York, to Paris, to Hong Kong, to seeing Tracer Tong you know when he was you know.

The enviroments, music, characters, voices, and gameplay came together so well. It was and still is to this day the best game i've ever played next to Thief: The Dark Project. Clearly a masterpiece.

Right before Deus Ex: Invisible War I was so anxious that I missed class just to play it. Lets just say I didn't do so well that semester! Man o man it was an interesting game but I couldn't stop feeling a bit of dissapointment.

For the years to come I did research on why it turned out the way it did. After a few years passed I came to think, wouldn't it be great if Deus Ex was revived and given a sequel it truly deserved?

Well I always kept faith, I always believed this franchise will resurrect itself from the ashes of Invisible War. I would google daily or weekly for any information on Deus Ex 3.

Then hope at least IGN breaks a story about a studio being formed. Yes! I say to myself all I need now is an official announcement.

Before I knew it came Eidos Montreal to answer my prayers, and soon will come Deus Ex 3. Fear not loyal Deus Ex fans, I have a feeling that Deus Ex 3 is going to be la creme of la creme!!

Long live Deus Ex the best videogame ever created!!!:D

SageSavage
2nd Jan 2008, 11:07
I am not sure how it will turn out but I think a bit more faith in the devs is necessary to get along until 2009. As I've said before: the devs need their freedom to stay true to their own vision of the game. Too much pressure in the form of ultra detailed expectations for pretty much every aspect of the game might turn out to be counterproductive. Lots of suggestions have already been made, they can look them up or ask questions if they feel the wish to do so. I am sure they know how important the franchise is to most of us.

Personally I try to keep my expectations low but my faith high. Not an easy task but it really helps.

dark_angel_7
2nd Jan 2008, 14:52
Lets hope Eidos Mon. give a lot of freedom to the devs and if they do the main Eidos better copy them, I'm sicking of Eidos rushing out whatever for whatever reason and then it turns out to be trash. :rolleyes:

Unstoppable
4th Jan 2008, 04:58
Lets hope Eidos Mon. give a lot of freedom to the devs and if they do the main Eidos better copy them, I'm sicking of Eidos rushing out whatever for whatever reason and then it turns out to be trash. :rolleyes:

There won't be rushing for Deus Ex 3. Eidos Montreal is founded upon having a 24 month development schedule. This time does NOT include pre development time that you do when you hire talent, create concepts, and other things that they do.

Once they know what they're doing then they have 24 months to do it. Not any more but not any less. Hopefully this formula will provide the developers with time they need to do their job and do it well.

The icing on the cake is that they are working with their familiar in house engine. No more creating a renderer from scratch (Deus Ex: Invisible War)

What happend with Invisible War was a few key things.
1)They hired a guy to make a renderer (lightning, shadows etc), BUT he made a whole game engine instead.

2)The person leading the project decided to KEEP the engine without knowing it's true limitations. Halfway into the project the limitations were revealed, by then it was too late.

That's why you have such small levels in Thief: Deadly Shadows and Deus Ex: Invisible War

3)The person leading Deus Ex: Invisible War was a great developer, but not such a great manager of personnel. He himself admitted it in a Gamespy online video when Invisible War launched.

How do I know all this? I've researched the facts. What I state is known to be a factual account of what happend.

However that is in the past my friends, and Eidos Montreal is the future. Have hope, Deus Ex 3 is commeth!

mr_cyberpunk
4th Jan 2008, 13:06
*sigh* you already had a thread about this unstoppable, .. and meanwhile stop referring to yourself as a HARDCORE fan, because that doesn't make you any better than the rest of us.. sure you love the game.. we all do thats why we are here but there is no such thing as Hardcore. I just want everyone who visits this forum to know that.. everyone has the same rights to comment and the same to contribute.

Oh and yeah please keep new threads to a minimum since its painful enough already.. we don't want this to end up like the fallout 3 forums :P (aka an absolute ******* mess :D)

gamer0004
4th Jan 2008, 13:34
He a hardcore fan.. I doubt he has finished the game with no items :P

Unstoppable
4th Jan 2008, 17:56
Just because I say i'm a hardcore fan does not make me better than anyone. I just think it's the greatest game i've ever played. (Simple as that)

As for keep threads to a minimum, this is my one and ONLY thread created AFTER the official announcement of Deus Ex 3. Check your facts.