PDA

View Full Version : TR:U new news? (i think)

Tomb-Dude
1st Jan 2008, 11:02
Hey i think i found some more information if anyone whats to read it, i got it from www.tombnews.com.

Eric Lindstrom continues to provide further information on the technical boundaries Crystal Dynamics are attempting to surpass in Tomb Raider: Underworld. Speaking about a newly rendered Lara Croft model, Lindstrom expands further on his hybrid lighting model and how Underworld will be the best looking Tomb Raider game to date.

"The model for Lara Croft is a showcase of art and technology that we are very proud of." Lindstrom tells PLAY magazine. "She has more than a dozen layers that determine her skin tone and texture, how light reflects or scatters, how shadows form etc.

"We use these layers to not only make Lara look more amazing than ever, but we manipulate them in various ways to make her appear wet, sweaty, dirty, muddy and more. Lara will get wet and gradually dry off; she will get dirty or muddy depending on her environment, but she can also wash herself clean by jumping into water or standing in the rain."

Lara Croft's main adversary in Tomb Raider Underworld is her immersive and massive environment, and we see an unprecedented level of interactivity stapled to realistic weather effects which Crystal Dynamics hopes will place the player right there next to Lara Croft. Hybrid lightening is responsible for this.

"Relying heavily on real dynamic lights as many games are currently doing makes environments look stark and flat, with a lot of unrealistic hard edges. We developed a hybrid lighting model that combines dynamic lights with carefully created light maps to make our world look stunning in ways that none of the available methods could achieve alone."

Another new feature to appear in Tomb Raider Underworld is multi usage for pickups and items scored from deceased adversaries. Lara can acquire a staff from a fallen enemy and then either use the item as part of a melee routine, or for aid when scaling a rock or swinging from an outcropping. This makes the contents of Lara's inventory more durable and assists Crystal Dynamics in crafting smarter puzzles.

As in previous games, puzzles are once again the building blocks of Tomb Raider Underworld, and Crystal Dynamics have spared no expense in crafting monstrous, sometimes level-sized set pieces set to challenge the player. Difficulty can also be tailored, with players being given an option to disable hints, or just receive friendly pointers for those head-scratching moments.

The fun stuff starts next week when Eidos returns from Christmas break to officially unveil the next incarnation of Lara Croft and her globe-trotting adventures. Stay tuned for a veritable bouquet of media and info as we embark on a brand new Lara Croft adventure.

RUGRLN
1st Jan 2008, 12:21
Yup, I think this continuing the last information released about the dynamic collision sytem.

The way thigns are going, they seem to be progressing a lot anf I think , just maybe we'll have a demo pretty soon in a months time. PLAY magazine I believe already played it.

But boy o boy, Icna't wait!!!!!!!

Capkeez
1st Jan 2008, 12:28
it looks like you can shoot while hanging from a ledge.

Atheist
1st Jan 2008, 13:12
I can't wait to see the new graphics.

I want to see her sweaty and with goosebumps, along with clean and dirty and wet and dry and drying! :D

I love little features like that.

Tomb-Dude
1st Jan 2008, 13:15
This game.
Words so far can discribe it but IF and when we get a demo, we can either rave or moan. Love or hate. Cry with joy or cry because it's that bad :D ill be crying with joy, raving and loving it. Becuase i loved all the TR's except TR:LR becuase it was all egypt and i got bored of that :(
TR:C i played a little bit on dreamcast lmao... and lost game. :(
But fingers crossed all these little extra's like sweating, goosebumps are very good and look excellent with the excellent graphics!

RaiderGirl#1
1st Jan 2008, 16:43
It sounds like they are really trying to improve the game. I'm really excited, partially by the amount of realism that is going to take place- because I think that will help players connect with her. But players connected with her before when it wasn't very realistic so we'll see I guess. I can't wait to see the graphics, I found that the graphics in Anniversary looked a little painted on, but they were better than Legends!

Capkeez
2nd Jan 2008, 11:17
I think she should have some bruises on her or something when she falls. but then again, theres the problem that they wont disappear cos there arent edpacks anymore.

Tomb-Dude
2nd Jan 2008, 13:33
OK i know its all good to have goose bumps and sweat (becuase it realistic) but honestly how are we going to notice it, unless it stick out a lot.

Wess~Gamer
2nd Jan 2008, 16:22
OK i know its all good to have goose bumps and sweat (becuase it realistic) but honestly how are we going to notice it, unless it stick out a lot.

I don't know, the sweating-thing for sure I guess.. because you'll see her (and her shirt and stuff) getting wet, even if it's not raining or if she's swimming.
but the goose bumps? :scratch: Are you realy able to see that when you're playing?

Tomb-Dude
2nd Jan 2008, 16:33
it will probz be like this "hold on hide behind pillar she shivered." *moves Lara behind a pillar and zooms in* "Wow look at those... Oh bugger i got shot and died."

Hope you liked my little story thing.
But in a way the sweating thing will probally like quuite wrong :lol: all those sweat patches on a girl we all love. YUMMY!!! always what i wanted to see on a girl, the sweet smell of sweat.

pot
2nd Jan 2008, 17:33
Nice concept artwork.

Atheist
2nd Jan 2008, 18:42
But in a way the sweating thing will probally like quuite wrong :lol: all those sweat patches on a girl we all love. YUMMY!!! always what i wanted to see on a girl, the sweet smell of sweat.

That is a point... :lol:

I don't think they'll go so far as to give her sweat marks though. I think what they mean by sweat is like sweat on her face or limbs. So her skin will get shiny or a little wet or we might even see the sweat running down her. I don't think it will do anything to her clothes.

TBH, I can't wait. I LOOOOVE litte things like that!! :D
I'm just going to be getting her dirty or splashing her about in water or standing her out in the cold or the heat so I can zoom in on her skin and go WOOOOOW! :D

That sounds kinda weird does'nt it...:nut:

Tomb-Dude
2nd Jan 2008, 19:12
Sounds pretty amusing actually Atheist lol

But lets jsut hope they dont go that far so there are sweat marks under her arm pits sorry i keep on saying stuff like that but it just makes me cringe...

Mangar The Dark
2nd Jan 2008, 20:48
I just hope all this focus on insignificant details like sweat and goosebumps and whatever else, doesn't take time away from focusing on the important stuff, i.e. making a really GOOD game with great gameplay.

I hate when TR becomes more about Lara (oooh, check out the pretty new outfits! Yay, look, she gets muddy! Awww, her pony tail moves in the breeze!) and less about raiding tombs and having a genuinely exciting adventure.

Atheist
2nd Jan 2008, 22:01
I just hope all this focus on insignificant details like sweat and goosebumps and whatever else, doesn't take time away from focusing on the important stuff, i.e. making a really GOOD game with great gameplay.

I hate when TR becomes more about Lara (oooh, check out the pretty new outfits! Yay, look, she gets muddy! Awww, her pony tail moves in the breeze!) and less about raiding tombs and having a genuinely exciting adventure.

True...

but still, goosebumps = pretty awesome :thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
2nd Jan 2008, 22:10
I think Atheist likes the little things like that :P

But i also hope they focus on gameplay and the levels. But i also like outfits!
And goosebumps do seem cool :D

NightRain'06
2nd Jan 2008, 22:55
I've said this before but yes, I do imagine the next TR would feel like Uncharted with Lara instead ! Maybe even better since they probably have had more time to play around with the hardware especially with the PS3.

After playing the Uncharted demo the very first time and saw the wet and dry shirt effects on Drake (the main playable character), I was like "Wow... that looks real !" (Okay..... that sounded awkward.)

But yes I felt more immersed.
I still don't have the full game yet but judging from the demo, overall it seemed stunningly beautiful !

Capkeez
3rd Jan 2008, 12:32
They should add more idle animations. They're always interesting to watch.

LisaB1962
3rd Jan 2008, 17:15

^^What he said. I'm playing Heavenly Sword right now, and it looks FABULOUS, but mostly it's boring.

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 00:04
FROM tombnews.com again

Manoeuvrability remains a key factor for Lara Croft in Tomb Raider Underworld, and players can expect a considerable upgrade in the way Lara moves within her environment. One such feature is the move away from grid-based ledge manipulation in favour of a more non-linear method of scaling walls and shimmying around corners.

Our feisty heroine can now slide around corners, rather than using the more traditional right angle system present in earlier games. While Crystal Dynamics are keen to point out that Lara's immersive world isn't free-roaming, a greater arsenal of moves adds a more non-linear veneer to the adventure.

It's not just Lara Croft who scores an update. Those dastardly arachnids scurrying after Lara Croft in the Mexico segment of the game are also more nimble, now sporting the ability to both scuttle along the floor and flick their black-legged carcases onto poles and walls in order to hinder a retreating Lara Croft. They bite too, hard, and Lara Croft must keep her wits about her if she wants to unlock the secrets of the Underworld in one piece.

Much has already been written on the immersive and awe-inspiring environments which will now become Lara's chief adversary. Just how visually stunning those environments are almost defies belief. A real-world weather system complete with blinding rain and lashing winds brings to life the foliage around Lara Croft.

As thunderbolt and lightning - very very frightening - illuminates the cloud-strewn skies, the vegetation below mimics the scene, creating for a split moment a landscape snapped by an x-ray machine. All the while, as the thunder and lightning resonate through Lara's world, the cackle and clarity of electrically-charged atmospheric effects sing wistfully around the player's ears.

It's this attention to minute detail that puts the player right next to Lara in a way never experienced before. Much more information on Tomb Raider Underworld as we publish our exclusive preview in the coming days.

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 00:14
It sounds sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOOOOOOOOOD....

Oh yer there was some other news ill put up its not really about the game as such but the consoles

In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Riley Cooper from Crystal Dynamics praises Sony's Playstation Network as a more viable method of video-game distribution. Eidos previously used Xbox Live to distribute Tomb Raider: Legend and Tomb Raider: Anniversary. Cooper believes that Playstation Network could be a better service for developers looking to bypass the retail.

"I'm very, very interested in digital distribution and the potential it has," said Cooper, speaking during GDC Lyon last month. "PlayStation Network is extremely interesting because it's a more flexible space.

"We made an in-road with Anniversary on 360, and it was a full game essentially, but Microsoft is only slowly increasing requirements and opening up the constraints of Xbox Live. It's been a slow process, whereas PSN hasn't been restricted by size, they've just done Warhawk for example."

Crystal Dynamics is currently working on Tomb Raider: Underworld for Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3 and Games For Windows

Capkeez
4th Jan 2008, 06:28
arachnids? cool. no auto-aim please.

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 14:31
If you haven't click the link below and read the other artical...

I have no idea how im coming across all this information but more and more is coming out so it must be getting pretty close!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tombraiderboard.com/index.php?showtopic=8790

:nut: :D :cool: :nut: :p :lmao:

Edit: also on that thing is two other articals... just click the writing next to where it says part 3 or 1

westiegirl34
4th Jan 2008, 14:47

Nikko
4th Jan 2008, 16:04
Although not new (December 30th), these are two articles I found in TombRaiderInc forums. It's a series of four articles about the game, the first two are already posted.

Tomb Raider Underworld - the Rebirth. Part 1: Game in general
At the heart of all Tomb Raider games is Lara Croft's determination to solve ancient mysteries. Eric Lindstrom, creative director at Crystal Dynamics is definitely taking this to a new level for the new episode, Underworld. Eric always had a reputation for developing great games, especially in the third person action-adventure genre.

Are we to bask once again in another treasure hunt with all the usual trappings? Eric said that Lara's still raiding tombs and solving grand puzzles, but he also said that the new installment will be decidedly organic in nature. People will be immersed into a realm of the epic and fantastic in a way that doesn't break their suspension of disbelief. So players can expect a heightened level of realism to their immersion, but only in all the places where it's fun and rewarding. Old timers remember well those massive environments from the first Tomb Raider at a time when the gameplay was so fresh and new, where you had no idea what to do or how to do it.

Crystal Dynamics staff worked hard to bring Lara's world to life in a lush, vast interactive world that reacts and remembers. Exploration is paramount more than ever in the new scheme of things. Nature is the foundation for the action. Lara will evolve in a dynamic environment. Her effects on the world are persistent. The bodies she leaves behind after combat will stay, as will all the debris from any destruction she causes. Not only will it be important to leave the wreckage of her actions in place to make that world come alive, they will also serve as valuable markers for where the player has been, so they can properly orientate themselves in the worlds they explore.

Lara Croft will come to life more vividly than ever in this most attended sequel of Legend. The team also worked very hard to find balance between realistic detail and the classic look of Lara Croft. Do you remember the sense of awe those of us who have been around Tomb Raider episodes since the beginning are longing for?

Dave Halverson, editor in chief for Play, witnessing the first-ever demo of Tomb Raider 8 declared:''I was shown a single area of the game and came away completely awestruck!'' From all sources the same reaction as to how the new Lara is a marvel to behold. Her subtle muscularity, skin, definition around the knees, back, elbows, hair, eyes...everything...she's come to life, she's real. Well, seems that sense of awe is back, tenfold.

People who saw the demo also appreciated the lack of prodding, no arrows, on-screen hints or prompts of any kind. Just Lara versus the terrain. CD team decided they would intrude as little as possible into the player experience and their goal is to minimize HUD and metagame graphics to facilitate the player emotional connection to the world.

It's been said the length of the game will depend more than ever on play style, given the different possibilities and optional exploration rewards. Difficult to predict how that process of exploring and solving various challenges the first time, will last significantly longer than subsequent replays.

To be continued..

Tomb Raider Underworld - the Rebirth. Part 2: Next generation environment
Throughout the development of Tomb Raider: Legend, Crystal Dynanics team had already envisioned engine enhancements for the sequel. Lindstrom explains that they had created more advancements than they could effectively bring into play, thus they were already looking forward to how they would use their tools and techniques in spectacular ways on next-gen consoles.

Next-gen capabilities have given the team the ability to take Lara and her world further than anyone could have expected. Focusing all that power, Lindstrom's team achieved something that feels very new and fresh, but at the same time, retains all the qualities that the fans find special about the game. The team developed a new approach to exploration and puzzle solving in order to create a much deeper experience. Lindstrom said that rather than solving a string of local puzzles to get to the next door, in the underworlds Lara discovers large scale mechanisms and challenges that span the entire environment. We will have to explore to find and understand the relations and meanings of elements across the level, and then bring it all together to get the result.

The team approached the environments as though they were Lara's fiercest adversaries in the game. They put an extreme amount of attention, both technically and artistically, in the creation of Lara's world. A team of photographers were sent to various continents and have taken thousands of reference photos. From architecture to flora, used not only to create accurate models in the game, but also as a basis to make highly detailed and inventive materials for the ruins to look authentic. Lindstrom also adds that a lot of thought and effort has gone into the creation of Lara's upcoming adventure. The team has spent time researching myths, cryptids creatures, ancient machines, mechanisms and elements that will relate to the story. This preparation allows them to focus their creativity on the gameplay itself.

The locations Lara will visit will surprise players in a good way. "We're not showing the locations now though, because without knowing the context you would think Lara should never end up there. But rest assured, the plot is coherent, and once you get to know it everything becomes clear," Lindstrom explains. Of course, this is within the reality boundaries of Lara Croft, so don't expect a trip to the Moon just yet.

Lighting has also undergone major strides. Moving beyond dynamic lighting, Crystal Dynamics employs a system that looks photorealistic. Watching Lara perform amidst blowing wind, torrential rain, thunder and lightning with the passing storm clouds overhead, casts an indescribable glow, a sense of connection with the world that is beyond comparison, an unforgettable feeling of mystery that sends shivers down your spine at an all-time high.

It's safe to say this game boasts the best graphics in the series. Dave Halverson, chief editor of Play Magazine, affirmates he has "never seen lighting so true to nature!". Lindstrom explains that relying heavily on real dynamic lights, as many games are currently doing, makes environments stark and flat with a lot of unrealistic hard edges. Crystal Dynamics has developed a hybrid lighting model that combines dynamic lights with carefully created light maps, to make Lara's world look stunning in ways that none of the available methods could achieve. The sun through leaves on trees cast real time rendered shadows on Lara's body and on the environment, and with the several layers of light maps, rock, water and smaller edges now look like more than mere textures. The game is using DirectX 9 capabilities on PC, but they still haven't decided whether to migrate to the latest interface or not. If they opt for it, you can expect Lara to look even better on high-end PCs.

The flora is also noticeable, for instance: when Lara has to run through thick vegetation, she protects her face with her arm. The interactivity with the world has reached an all new level, where for instance Lara can pick up a piece of wood and stick it in a hole in the wall to make a pole, or even use it in combat. This doesn't mean you have to rely solely on the aforementioned stick: your other hand is still free, so you can use a weapon. Wet ledges may hinder Lara's progress, by causing her to slip and lose her grip.

Vehicles are also playing a substantially important role, and instead of short racing sections, expect them to be used within the main game puzzles. Some timed doors might require the use of a faster means, even faster than Lara's returning sprint ability, and having a motorbike at hand will be good to quickly cover the map area.

To be continued...

Tomb-Dude
4th Jan 2008, 17:06
theres a 3rd one and that was what my link was also for :p

RaiderGirl#1
6th Jan 2008, 15:21
Has anyone seen the pictures on tombraiderchronicles.com? Am i allowed to say this?

Tomb-Dude
7th Jan 2008, 17:20
More news on gameplay!!!

Tomb Raider Underworld - the Rebirth. Part 4: Gameplay

The adventure Lara pursues will take her around the world once again, where she discovers and explores the mythical underworlds of several ancient cultures. Chiapas, Australia, Easter Islands, the Golden Triangle, Rome's Vatican and Mesopotamia have all been mentioned, and there are also hints of a submarine or underwater level. In most cases, the location will not have been touched by mankind for thousands of years. On the surface, Lara will face real predatory animals that exist in the respective location she's exploring, but down in the undiscovered underworlds, she will come across plenty of creatures that are not to be found in any zoo. What she finds down in the underworlds are dangerous cryptids (creatures presumed extinct, or have yet to be discovered), and other guardians that aren't natural in origin. Many of them can take a lot of bullets before going down, and it is safe to say what Lara is up against is unlike anything she's faced before.

Plenty of action has been noticed, but Lindstrom confirms the main focus is on the puzzles. "We keep in mind that there were gamers that preferred the Legend style of gameplay, but we don't want to simplify the gameplay too much because older fans were criticizing us about it. We chose to take a middle of the road stance. We cannot reveal right now how it's going to work, but I can assure you there will be a special hint system in the game, for those players who expect more action, and don't want to lose time solving the puzzles." Interactive cutscenes are planned at this point, but generally minigames, such as the racing segments in Legend or the archaeological toolkit from Anniversary, will be avoided because they break the gameplay continuity.

As mentioned before, Lara has gained new movements. As far as the offensive itself goes, Lara still draws her pistols, although there are less armed foes in the new game in favor of more aggressive enemies, both humans and otherwise. Rather than shooting first and asking questions later, the opposition is prone to attack Lara head-on, putting her new melee skills to the test. Direct Krav-Maga combat skills and evasive maneuvers to gain distance from the attacker, will come into play, before Lara can finally draw her pistols. The environment also provides her challenges, and she's got the gear to give it a go. Don't look for conveniently placed health packs (the team hasn't decided yet how Lara will heal), but endemic tools, acrobatics and gear are plentiful, including Lara's motorbike. Lara's skills are with her from the start, but as the player explores deeper into the underworld, they become increasingly necessary to use, and use skillfully.

French PC Jeux magazine reports that the enemy AI has been enhanced to a whole new level, in such a fashion that foes can now follow Lara almost anywhere she goes. Gone are the days when you could shoot enemies from a higher ledge in safety while having a cup of coffee. This does not mean that a panther will be able to perform movements similar to Lara's, but they will definitely give her a tough time. The interactivity between foes themselves is another noticeable factor. During the demo, henchmen that were pursuing Lara were attacked by roaming panthers, making Lara's escape easier. It's also reported that the AI will vary from one foe to another, each of them receiving a proper and unique behavior AI code. This means that a panther will not react to Lara's actions the same way a snake or a human would do.

Tomb Raider: Underworld takes place after the events of Tomb Raider: Legend. Her adventure will be a thrill ride for anyone new to the franchise, and longtime fans will have plenty to talk about concerning their own experiences with Lara Croft in the past. It's scheduled for a release at some point in 2008 for PC, PlayStation3 and Xbox360.

Mertz523
7th Jan 2008, 19:21
That recent article post gave me goosebumps...

:eek:

WOW

Tomb-Dude
7th Jan 2008, 19:42
It soooooooooooooo goood just that way they describe it... I think they are putting my expectation too high when i really dont want them to :scratch: :nut:

But i can't wait!!!!!:nut:

Atheist
7th Jan 2008, 21:11
What's the 'archaeological toolkit'?

And they better keep the health packs.

humbug
7th Jan 2008, 21:17
Sounds good, but no med packs :eek: . I hope its not a constant nightmare trying to keep alive!

Tomb-Dude
7th Jan 2008, 21:48
They will obviously find another way for her 2 heal instead of med packs lying around the place?? Something maybe i bit more original i dont no yet... But hopefully when someone find the news they will post it up.

Jezyk
7th Jan 2008, 22:35
I wonder... if they intend to drop the medpacks in order to add realism, how will they solve the case of ammo & weapons? There's gonna be less human enemies than in TRL (and bless them for that), but it also means there'll be very little ammo supply. Unless Lara would stick only to her basic double guns.

About the medpacks, here are my ideas... I think they should stay - it's not very realistic to heal yourself just like that in seconds, but well it's a game and it's pretty much impossible to go all the way with realism and make a playable one at the same time. IMHO they should prohibit using medpacks during the fight, only in the clear areas & Lara should have some animation of using the medpack, it should take some time and heal her gradually. She would come to the level with a few medpacks and would get more from fallen human enemies and their camps if needed. There's the question of the 'underworld' levels where she won't encounter human enemies (I think?) - these are unwordly places per se, so she could use some kind of mysterious pools or crystals or whatever to heal herself.

humbug
7th Jan 2008, 23:08
she could use some kind of mysterious pools or crystals or whatever to heal herself.

That reminds me of half life- towards the end of the game there where these cool pools that you stood in to heal yourself! Twas great fun. :D

rabid metro
8th Jan 2008, 03:29
What's the 'archaeological toolkit'?

that's a TRA wii exclusive feature that apparently isn't likely to migrate to other platforms (or even TR:U wii???).

watch the wii vignettes #4 and #5 over at Tomb Raider Chronicles (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraideranniversary/movies_wii_01.html)

LisaB1962
8th Jan 2008, 13:32
Direct Krav-Maga combat skills and evasive maneuvers to gain distance from the attacker, will come into play, before Lara can finally draw her pistols.

This isn't a fancy new term for interactive cut scenes is it? :confused:

Is there not a developer brave enough to buck that annoying trend?

Rai
8th Jan 2008, 14:35
I'm as confused as Lisa; What does that mean? Krav-maga combat? Evasive maneuvers? Before Lara can draw her pistols?

Before? Does that mean she won't be able to fight back unless she does these new krav-maga whatsits? And is this with every enemy? This sounds tedious, just like the forced Adrenaline dodge and interactive cut-scenes.

LisaB1962
8th Jan 2008, 14:53
Aint Google grand? :D

Krav Maga overview (http://www.selfdefenseresource.com/krav-maga/articles/krav-maga-overview.php)

Could be cool, but unless they make Lara as responsive as Dante, I see much gnashing of teeth in my future. Nothing annoys me more than waiting for animations to finish before I can do something else.

I don't like the forced aspect of any gameplay. The idea is not to be taken down the primrose path of "we decide how you play. You will go here when we let you, you will only climb where we want you to, and you will do things in the manner we decide."

I know, I know, it's a game; there has to be some requirements. But it's been sooooo obvious lately. The best parts of Anniversary are those where, gosh darn it, I wasn't certain I was on the right path. I was just heading that way because I could, and who knew what I was going to find?

Tomb-Dude
8th Jan 2008, 17:14
Sounds very interesting??? Just wondering how that will work though.

It says relexes and as soon as it said that i imagined Matrix. a merc trying to shoot lara as she dodges out of the way (but not like Neo kind of thing?)
Just have to wait until a video or until we hopefully play the game?

Atheist
8th Jan 2008, 17:40
I wonder... if they intend to drop the medpacks in order to add realism, how will they solve the case of ammo & weapons? There's gonna be less human enemies than in TRL (and bless them for that), but it also means there'll be very little ammo supply. Unless Lara would stick only to her basic double guns.

That’s a point. But I’m not too worried. I normally and could easily go through the whole game just with pistols. I hardly ever use different guns; I see no need too.

About the medpacks, here are my ideas... I think they should stay - it's not very realistic to heal yourself just like that in seconds, but well it's a game and it's pretty much impossible to go all the way with realism and make a playable one at the same time. IMHO they should prohibit using medpacks during the fight, only in the clear areas & Lara should have some animation of using the medpack, it should take some time and heal her gradually. She would come to the level with a few medpacks and would get more from fallen human enemies and their camps if needed. There's the question of the 'underworld' levels where she won't encounter human enemies (I think?) - these are unwordly places per se, so she could use some kind of mysterious pools or crystals or whatever to heal herself.

Like you said, it’s not very realistic at all to heal in a few seconds, so why take away our beloved medipacks in order to make the game more ‘realistic’…when it’s not even going to make much of a difference anyway? :eek: I agree with the gradual healing and the alternate ways of healing in places where medipacks are not available.

But taking away the medipacks is, IMO, as bad as taking away her pistols or backpack. Don’t do another AOD on us, Eidos!