PDA

View Full Version : What Lara WILL look like in TRU

LaraCroftLuver
30th Dec 2007, 17:30
I know this is not really believable but its true.
I know someone who works with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos that is also working on the new game. He is one of those guys that make the 3d building thingy, that i really dont get.

Any ways heres a description from what he said is going to happen:

Lara will have hair in her face
She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps
Her hair will be shorter
She will be more fatter (obviuosley not fat)
She will have atleast 10 different outfits as an reward
Their will be a minimum of 5 levels
She will have different weapons
She might not have a headset
She might not have a grapple

Some of those sound cool and others bad.

Wess~Gamer
30th Dec 2007, 17:43
* Lara will have hair in her face - Cool!
* She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps - Cool!
* Her hair will be shorter - Don't really care :whistle:
* She will be more fatter (obviuosley not fat) - Uhm.. I guess Cool, She was
very skinny in TRA and TRL (my opinion)
* She will have atleast 10 different outfits as an reward - More :P
* Their will be a minimum of 5 levels - If each level is hudge, Cool!
* She will have different weapons - Cool!
* She might not have a headset - Bad
* She might not have a grapple - No Grapple? :eek: BAD, BAD, BAD!

Anyway: thanks for the information ;)

humbug
30th Dec 2007, 18:03
Sounds good. I'm a bit disappointed about the grapple, I really loved the grapple in TRA.

At least 5 levels? Thats not very many, unless he means at least 5 main levels which are split into sections like in the other games.

Atheist
30th Dec 2007, 18:47
Good, she looks way prettier with hair in her face

Oh woah. :eek:

Her hair will be shorter
I sware I saw a screenshot somewhere where it looks as though her hair was much longer? :confused:

That's good, she'll look a little more real.

That's not enough! :p

Are you sure thats 5 LEVELS and not five chapters/areas/countries?

Aslong as she has her pistols, I'm not bothered :p

Hopefully no Zip or Alister then

Huh...? :eek: Does that mean no grapple swinging or wall running or moving metal objects around or unhooking things? Why would they do that? I don't understand...

Phlip
30th Dec 2007, 18:52
* Lara will have hair in her face - Not good.
* She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps - Awesome! :cool:
* Her hair will be shorter - Shorter than Anniversary? WTF why? http://croftmanor.net/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif
* She will be more fatter (obviuosley not fat) - Good! :thumbsup:
* She will have at least 10 different outfits as an reward - :( :( At the very least 20! :( :(
* Their will be a minimum of 5 levels - Locations you mean? That's good to hear. =D
* She will have different weapons - Well done, Sherlock! What a freakish TR game that would be if she didn't have any different weapons (other than her pistols I assume you mean). :rolleyes:
* She might not have a headset - Good, but I am still not happy about Z and A since they do still have rolls. :(
* She might not have a grapple - OMFS that's great news! :eek:

RaiderGirl#1
30th Dec 2007, 19:23
I agree with Atheist, I thought her hair was longer from the look of some pic.
@ Atheist, I believe that Alister and Zip will still be there, but they must only be at her manor.

RUGRLN
30th Dec 2007, 19:26
Lara will have hair in her face - OK
She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps - Cool
Her hair will be shorter - Don't realy care
She will be more fatter (obviuosley not fat) - yeah ok, bit skinny in TR:L
She will have atleast 10 different outfits as an reward - Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeha!
Their will be a minimum of 5 levels - Huh! they better be big, i've always like TR for nice long game as opposed to others I've palyed
She will have different weapons - woooohhhoooo
She might not have a headset - Noooooooooooooooo!
She might not have a grapple - Aaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!

These are a must for me:

She might not have a grapple [especially, aprt of TR experience (swingign :hehe:)

Jezyk
30th Dec 2007, 19:50
Wasn't she using the grapple on one of the screenshots?
And if the newest info on locations is correct, there certainly will be more than 5.
1. Mayan ruins
2. Mesopotamia
3. Australia
4. Rome/Vatican
5. Easter Island
6. 'Golden Triangle' whatever it is;p

Wess~Gamer
30th Dec 2007, 20:43
And if the newest info on locations is correct, there certainly will be more than 5.
1. Mayan ruins
2. Mesopotamia
3. Australia
4. Rome/Vatican
5. Easter Island

The Underworld is also a location, right?
So there will be atleast 7 locations :D
Or am I wrong here? :scratch:

Jezyk
30th Dec 2007, 23:04
Yeah but it could still be a part of the country level or something... dunno;) the same applies to the "underwater level".

Vernavoncroy
30th Dec 2007, 23:46
The game is still in production so they may make some changes.

Rai
31st Dec 2007, 00:15
This is true, they may change things and what info we are getting may not make the 'final cut'. But as it stands:

* Lara will have hair in her face
Great, I like her hair in Legend
* She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps
That is fantastic
* Her hair will be shorter
It doesn't look shorter in the screenshots I saw:confused:
* She will be more fatter (obviously not fat)
She was a tad too slim before.
* She will have at least 10 different outfits as an reward
Yes! although more would have been even greater!
* There will be a minimum of 5 levels
I've counted more as it has been pointed out before. Maybe we'll have more than one level per location? Wonderful!(I hope)
* She will have different weapons
Different weapons than we already know she has had in the past or just different to pistols? Like of course...
* She might not have a headset
Hmm, interesting, I hope this doesn't count Zip and Alistair out completely, even though they were annoying at times in Legend
* She might not have a grapple
Really? That's disappointing. I might not like it all the time, but it was a useful tool.

Atheist
31st Dec 2007, 13:06
I don't see how they can remove the grapple. That will mean getting rid of the wall run that they have just introduced and are so proud of in Anniversary, no more grapple swinging (which was another big addition to how Lara gets around that was only just introduced in Legend) and we won't be able to use it for unhooking things or pulling things towards us.

Why would they do that...?

Shaidester
31st Dec 2007, 21:46
If these five levels are laid out like it was in Legend where each level was roughly between 30 minutes - 90 minutes, then I would rather go buy an original. They need locations and sublevels in each one instead of playing through one location within 30-90 minutes. I'm glad that she will be using different weapons, but will it be like in the originals or like Legend where she could only equip two at all times? If it's two - :mad2:

LegendLost
31st Dec 2007, 22:22
SHE HAS THE GRAPPLE, I've seen a pic with it/saved it to my comp, so I know. So unless the game gets changed from the original (Which they usually do though) she WILL have it =]

LaraCroftLuver
1st Jan 2008, 05:59
SHE HAS THE GRAPPLE, I've seen a pic with it/saved it to my comp, so I know. So unless the game gets changed from the original (Which they usually do though) she WILL have it =]

They said they might

LaraCroftLuver
1st Jan 2008, 06:00

I said minnimum of 5 theyll prob have more they werent able to tell me everything

Larry_Croft
29th Jan 2008, 20:44
* Lara will have hair in her face - Meh. Does not make a difference to me either way.
* She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps - Meh. I don't see how this will affect gameplay....
* Her hair will be shorter - Meh. Does not make a difference to me either way.
* She will be more fatter (obviously not fat) - Um, I thought she looked perfect in TR:L and TR:A
* She will have at least 10 different outfits as an reward - More! :p
* There will be a minimum of 5 levels - Presuming that means "areas", good.
* She will have different weapons - Good
* She might not have a headset - How will she communicate with Zip and Allister then? (No Z/A = :( )
* She might not have a grapple - I think the grapple adds a nice element to the game. Hope it stays.

TDK
29th Jan 2008, 21:55

LOL thats make her like doing style or somthing
Cool
Her hair will be shorter
I dont care about her hair !
umm more muscles cool :cool:
thats good really
you mean more than one level per location ? or wut
aha thats going to ROCK
mybe he means not all the time which is good
mybe thats good point the old lara used to do evry thing using her hands so i guess they mean not all the time you'll use it mybe she will lose it in some levels

Sadistic Raider
5th Feb 2008, 00:52
No grapple??!! I hope that's not true because I really like it...

TDK
5th Feb 2008, 01:09
No there is a grapple :D

No grapple??!! I hope that's not true because I really like it...

Verios
5th Feb 2008, 07:14
What will Lara look like in TR:U? That's easy! she'll look like this:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/1429/laragf1.png

:lol:

MercuryRapids
5th Feb 2008, 07:26
Is it just me, or has Lara had a head transplant with Victoria Beckham? :)

Mangar The Dark
5th Feb 2008, 14:39

I think she really really wants to zigazigah.

Werner Von Croy
5th Feb 2008, 15:10
1. Mayan ruins
2. Mesopotamia
3. Australia
4. Rome/Vatican
5. Easter Island

Golden Triangle sounds very Avalon :D

Werner Von Croy
5th Feb 2008, 15:11
I think she really really wants to zigazigah.

LOL :D :lol: :lol:

TDK
5th Feb 2008, 16:25
LOL agree with you :D but she looks cooler than befor

William Croft
5th Feb 2008, 16:33
LOL agree with you :D but she looks cooler than befor

No.. People keep talking about Victoria Beckham. No she does not look like Lara The new or old one. Lol I don't see any resebelance.

TDK
5th Feb 2008, 16:34
heheh will this new lara is not laughing and even Victoria Beckham :lol:

No.. People keep talking about Victoria Beckham. No she does not look like Lara The new or old one. Lol I don't see any resebelance.

Bampire
5th Feb 2008, 23:05
* Lara will have hair in her face
-Interesting, I like the thought of that.

* She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps
-Finally, some more reality to the game! I love that!

* Her hair will be shorter
-Bah, Oh well. I'll miss her hair being long and elegant.

* She will be more fatter (obviuosley not fat)
-Awesome! Lara needs more body fat! It's only natural for females to have more on them, than bones.

* She will have atleast 10 different outfits as an reward
-Cool, cool. I hope they're better than Legend's outfits.

* Their will be a minimum of 5 levels
-This is what throws me off. I just hope it'll work like tomb Raider 4, where the levels are long and segmented. Like it takes a bit to load another area, etc.

* She will have different weapons
-Hopefully she'll keep her shotgun, and I really hope to see the Desert Eagle.

* She might not have a headset
-I HOPE NOT!

-I like the Grapple! I loved the little jumps she had to go through to get into the next area.. The most fun + frustration I had with that was getting past the second to last level of TR:A.

rabid metro
6th Feb 2008, 04:54
... I just hope it'll work like tomb Raider 4, where the levels are long and segmented. Like it takes a bit to load another area ...

you may not have noticed but CD seems to take pride in eliminating things like load-wait times and seams between levels. in some ways, i suppose those older features are really just artifacts of past technology. or is the sentiment more along the lines that the game somehow feels better with these breaks designed in ...
:cool:

TwinPistols
6th Feb 2008, 09:31
-I like the Grapple! I loved the little jumps she had to go through to get into the next area.. The most fun + frustration I had with that was getting past the second to last level of TR:A.

She's going to have a grapple. I read something on game site about the Underworld demo and there is the grapple.

LisaB1962
6th Feb 2008, 14:12
You know, I too see a resemblance to Posh Spice. This is not a good thing.

Rai
6th Feb 2008, 16:06
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/rjhuntley/laragf1.pnghttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/rjhuntley/0_65_042706_beckham_victoria.jpg

...erm...should we be sacred?

Is the verdict still open? As long as they don't give Lara Vicky's voice :eek:. Imagine Victoria Beckham scaling cliff-tops and getting dirty?

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 16:10
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/rjhuntley/laragf1.pnghttp://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d92/rjhuntley/0_65_042706_beckham_victoria.jpg
Lara Vicky
...erm...should we be sacred?

Is the verdict still open?

She doesnt look like Victoria!!! No where near but I guess that what I think.

Rai
6th Feb 2008, 16:15
If it's worth anything, I don't think so either. I just wanted an comparison pictures. :D

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 16:21
If it's worth anything, I don't think so either. I just wanted an comparison pictures. :D

Hhahahhaa, good to see someone agrees with me :D

rsdigi
6th Feb 2008, 17:09
Am I the only one that that at first thought "hair in her face" first meant she'll have a beard lol.
I thought this was a joke topic at first.

LisaB1962
6th Feb 2008, 19:55
LOL. No, I wasn't thinking beard.

This is the pic (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/142/14224308/img_5233594.html) that made me think Posh Spice. Of course, the renders for Anniversary made me think Eva Mendes.

darklightdan
6th Feb 2008, 20:49
I AINT SEEN THESE ON HERE, SO FOR ANYONE WHO HASNT SEEN THEM :)

http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08063/full729.jpg (http://xs.to)

http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08063/front573.jpg (http://xs.to)

http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08063/side636.jpg (http://xs.to)

tombraiderxlegend
7th Feb 2008, 19:55
I know someone who works with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos that is also working on the new game. He is one of those guys that make the 3d building thingy, that i really dont get.

Her hair will be shorter

I can't see her without a grapple. I was watching that 'trailer teaser' and I saw a part where she was pulling an object with the grapple. So, i'm leaning towards she will have a grapple. Idk, tho.

Verios
8th Feb 2008, 06:41
You know, the more I see the new Lara model, there's just something about either her head or her face that just looks "off" to me (at least, looking at her from the front)...anyone else get that feeling?

Treeble
8th Feb 2008, 06:46
I do, but I can't tell what it is either. I think it's the bone structure which seems to have changed a little, or it's just an impression. :scratch:

Verios
8th Feb 2008, 06:47
I do, but I can't tell what it is either. I think it's the bone structure which seems to have changed a little, or it's just an impression. :scratch:

You know, I think it might be that her cheek bones look slightly different from previous versions, and her forehead looks a little too high. Perhaps the rest of her features need to be raised a bit to compensate? heh.

KasigiYabuSama
8th Feb 2008, 07:26
*Lara will have hair in her face - Lara with a moustache? Say it isn't so!

*She will be able to sweat and get goosebumps - Yeah, I read about that in Play...very cool.

*Her hair will be shorter - Not good, but not a major concern. 'Just worried she's morphing into Claire Danes in Terminator 3... Lara is not a boy.

*She will be more fatter (obviously not fat) - Yeeeek. Umm, why? To keep up with that hip obesity epidemic? That's some realism I don't need, thanks. Have the Moral Majority moved into PC game design? Sheesh.

*She will have at least 10 different outfits as a reward - I never had the patience to mess with trying to get all the reward triggers anyway. Better to just make several outfits selectable from the start, with maybe some extras for rewards beyond that.

*There will be a minimum of 5 levels - Yeah, I sure hope this actually means 5 "areas." 5 levels would be a couple hours of gameplay.

*She will have different weapons - That's always cool, but I read there's going to be a lot more emphasis on direct, in-your-face hand-to-hand milieu combat than on weapons - like having to fight off animals that jump on you from out of nowhere. After that she leaves the nightclub and faces the same thing in the jungle, heh-heh-heh.

*She might not have a headset - You mean she won't have to listen to Tweedledee and Tweedledum? Oh, the humanity! That means neither will we, and that is a good thing.

*She might not have a grapple - I think I read something to the contrary too, but I don't remember. The Play mag with the article was the last on the stand and it was all crumpled and grungy, so I just read it in the store. 'Have to wait and see, I suppose.

Something else the article talked about and showed is far more detail in physiological structure - like more definition to the kneecaps, shoulders, collarbones, stuff like that - almost photorealism. Also full-blown (pun if you want one) weather effects like driving rain, vegetation blowing in the wind, etc. The new graphics look stunning. I'm taking my baby steps in creating still images in Bryce - 'can't imagine the work that has to go into that kind of detail and cinematic motion on top of it all.

Getting psyched here, seriously.

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 13:17
You know, I think it might be that her cheek bones look slightly different from previous versions, and her forehead looks a little too high. Perhaps the rest of her features need to be raised a bit to compensate? heh.

Her face just looks more bone-y. It's almost like she's had a face lift. Y'all are right--it just looks off.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 15:48
What do you mean her hair will be shorter? Do you mean they are going to make her hair shorter than it is in the screenshots we saw now? Or it will be the same as in current TRU screenshots?
I like her hair as it is now.
I also like that she will be more fatter. I am happy with current fatness which we saw in screenshots.

Me too I like the Lara I see in the screens its realistic and brilliant :D

Pushtrak
8th Feb 2008, 16:18
Am I the only one that that at first thought "hair in her face" first meant she'll have a beard lol.
I thought this was a joke topic at first.
Ha, so was I. Honestly, I still think its a joke topic.

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 16:57
Ha, so was I. Honestly, I still think its a joke topic.

Hhahahahahahaha me too but then i realised it wasnt :D

Wess~Gamer
8th Feb 2008, 17:42
You know, the more I see the new Lara model, there's just something about either her head or her face that just looks "off" to me (at least, looking at her from the front)...anyone else get that feeling?

I do.. I don't know why :scratch:
but every time I see the new Lara from her front I think see looks kinda weird.
I guess it has to do something with her face, espacially her cheeks..

Rai
8th Feb 2008, 17:50
*Lara will have hair in her face - Lara with a moustache? Say it isn't so!

LOL, no by this the OP means her fringe and strands of hair blowing in her face. :)

*She will be more fatter (obviously not fat) - Yeeeek. Umm, why? To keep up with that hip obesity epidemic? That's some realism I don't need, thanks. Have the Moral Majority moved into PC game design? Sheesh.

Noooo, the OP doesn't mean fat as in obese, they mean she will be bigger as in built up muscle wise and not the skinny she is in Anniversary. Look at the latest screens, does Lara look fat to you? No she looks well toned and natural looking with defined muscles on her arms and legs; not a sticky-out rib in site or concave stomach. Yay! :D

And FYI, obesity is not some hip fad, yes it is an epidemic, but it isn't fashion. It is a serious problem with overeating/bad metabolism and little to no exercise

Verios:

There is nothing wrong with her head or face. Yes her cheekbones look more defined than in Anniversary (where she is younger anyway) or even in Legend, but this, surely, is partly down to the next gen graphics? She is more fleshed out than ever before and so has less of a flat look. At least that is what I thought was the reason. I can't see anything wrong with it. Just remember, this is not the finished product either. Apparently she is is to have more work on her before she is complete.

RinoTheBouncer
8th Feb 2008, 17:55
WHETHER ALL THIS IS TRUE OR NOT
I JST WISH THAT THEY DONT MESS UP THE BEAUTIFUL LARA
LIKE Konami MESSED UP SOLID SNAKE IN MGS4 !!!!!!!!!!!

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 18:21
WHETHER ALL THIS IS TRUE OR NOT
I JST WISH THAT THEY DONT MESS UP THE BEAUTIFUL LARA
LIKE Konami MESSED UP SOLID SNAKE IN MGS4 !!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt they'll ruin Lara, they know when to stop and they've managed so brilliantly so far. I hope they keep it up :thumbsup:
Remember, Caps ;)

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 20:41
OK, this is quick and dirty, and I only did it because I really can't put my finger on it. I took a Legend head and the Underworld head and merged them on top of each other. Underworld is on top and partly transparent.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/compare.jpg

It's quick and dirty, but I think it's fairly accurate. The real difference is the jaw. It seems more square? Makes the cheekbones more prominent maybe?

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:02
OK, this is quick and dirty, and I only did it because I really can't put my finger on it. I took a Legend head and the Underworld head and merged them on top of each other. Underworld is on top and partly transparent.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/LisaB1138/compare.jpg

It's quick and dirty, but I think it's fairly accurate. The real difference is the jaw. It seems more square? Makes the cheekbones more prominent maybe?

Yep her jaw is different and I think her eyes are bigger too. And so is her hair but its natural for her to change. Everyone does.

Rai
8th Feb 2008, 22:22
Well, no one changes overnight. Underworld is meant to be directly after the events of Legend. It can't be more than weeks, months possibly in the storyline.

But as I said before, wouldn't the next-gen engine graphics be the reason why her face isn't so flat? The cheekbones would seem fuller wouldn't they? I don't really know about these things.

But what I think they have done, is use the face from Anniversary and aged it up a bit, redefined the cheekbones. I know they aged her down from Legend for the flashback, and now they've reversed the effect, but with the new engine. That is why they can't get the exact same face as her Legend one?

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 22:33
Well, no one changes overnight. Underworld is meant to be directly after the events of Legend. It can't be more than weeks, months possibly in the storyline.

But as I said before, wouldn't the next-gen engine graphics be the reason why her face isn't so flat? The cheekbones would seem fuller wouldn't they? I don't really know about these things.

But what I think they have done, is use the face from Anniversary and aged it up a bit, redefined the cheekbones. I know they aged her down from Legend for the flashback, and now they've reversed the effect, but with the new engine. That is why they can't get the exact same face as her Legend one?

I'm not the best with the ''engine'' thing but I have to agree with you that she does look a bit like Anniversary Lara and I also think they can't get the same face as Legend because of the engine. And I was thinking that too, TRU is supposed to be straight after TRL but ah well I don't really care how she looks (I do a bit :D) Just as long as the gameplays good but I think Rai nailed it there :D

ditom
8th Feb 2008, 22:39
I love Legend look.Now she looks more....I don't know :scratch:

Rai
8th Feb 2008, 22:49
I love Legend look.Now she looks more....I don't know :scratch:

Maybe she had a good square meal before she left for her next adventure? :rolleyes:

rabid metro
9th Feb 2008, 06:30
You know, the more I see the new Lara model, there's just something about either her head or her face that just looks "off" to me ...

its new ... the Legend face was softer, in part due to less polygons. the TRA face is irrelevant since it was purposely made to look 10 years younger. the next-gen TRU face is new and made to look like the Legend face but it can't help but be somewhat different: more polygons, more shaders for skin texture, new features such as sweat glands on Lara and spherical harmonic lighting which enables Lara to be noticeably affected by her environment, and she now has 1,000, or so, new animations with separate algorithms for her eyes, mouth, cheekbones and so on. her face will be in constant motion, which means that each particular snapshot will be mostly unique ...

you can bet that this will all be tweaked in the coming weeks. still, she's gonna look familiar but hopefully also new ... and improved ...
Whose skin is this design? ...
:cool:

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 19:09
Maybe she had a good square meal before she left for her next adventure? :rolleyes:

I hope CD will change her face becaue she looks square like you said.

Rai
9th Feb 2008, 19:17
I hope CD will change her face becaue she looks square like you said.

Erm, that is not what I said. Have you never heard the expression a square meal?

and I was joking...

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 19:25
Erm, that is not what I said. Have you never heard the expression a square meal?

and I was joking...

No I didn't.My English isn't good but any way...I feel like &^@&! :lol:

Pushtrak
9th Feb 2008, 19:47

and I was joking...
I had never heard of the expression either. Apparently, it means a substantial, nourishing meal.

William Croft
9th Feb 2008, 20:28
No I didn't.My English isn't good but any way...I feel like &^@&! :lol:

Don't worry, we always feel like that once in a while. :D

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 20:30
Don't worry, we always feel like that once in a while. :D

Yes...I have to improve my English.

William Croft
9th Feb 2008, 20:33
Yes...I have to improve my English.
I think your enligsh is fine. [Happy 800th post ;)]

TheOneAndOnlyTombRaider
9th Feb 2008, 20:35
Sorry but...Doubt it....

Her hair will be shorter

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 20:36
What do you mean?

TheOneAndOnlyTombRaider
9th Feb 2008, 20:42
Its kinda hard to believe that the person knows someone working on the game. The thing that makes it hard for me to believe is that there "Might" be a headset and there "Might" be a grapple. Laras grapple is already confirmed and has appeared in many screenshots. Mabey the person ment that the Grapple might not be in Some levels. The Grapple is a huge part of this game! ****

William Croft
9th Feb 2008, 20:44
Its kinda hard to believe that the person knows someone working on the game. The thing that makes it hard for me to believe is that there "Might" be a headset and there "Might" be a grapple. Laras grapple is already confirmed and has appeared in many screenshots. Mabey the person ment that the Grapple might not be in Some levels. The Grapple is a huge part of this game! ****

Very true, I've seen about 3 screens with the grapple, Maybe you acquire it later in the game or maybe they take it away from you. I wander :rolleyes:

darklightdan
9th Feb 2008, 21:13
obviously lara looks different, and i know it directly after legend; but i think she just looks older, i actually like the new screens :)

Rai
9th Feb 2008, 21:16

One must remember that the OP made this thread before those screens came out, and the grapple was not confirmed then.

Thank you.:)

William Croft
9th Feb 2008, 21:18
One must remember that the OP made this thread before those screens came out, and the grapple was not confirmed then.

Thank you.:)

Oh my god, so true Im sowwi. And it says only 10 outfits. I think it should be like Legend with like 30+ Loved that :D Made getting rewards worth while :D

ditom
9th Feb 2008, 21:19
Yes,I was nice bonus.

J_Raider
9th Feb 2008, 21:21
I understood that Zip and Alister were returning, but not with a high profile ;)

darklightdan
10th Feb 2008, 16:11
I understood that Zip and Alister were returning, but not with a high profile ;)

yes tis confirmed :)

William Croft
10th Feb 2008, 17:31
Its all true :D Great choice, well done CD. :thumbsup:

BurialGown
11th Feb 2008, 11:21
Well I don't like the idea of the short hair ... Lara is famous with her long hair!!! I really hope they will think about it ... I know it has to change, but from what I've seen from the screenshots, they ruined her face-look, so I hope they'll keep at least the hair ... Or maybe it could be shorter but again in plait :)

William Croft
11th Feb 2008, 22:07
Well I don't like the idea of the short hair ... Lara is famous with her long hair!!! I really hope they will think about it ... I know it has to change, but from what I've seen from the screenshots, they ruined her face-look, so I hope they'll keep at least the hair ... Or maybe it could be shorter but again in plait :)

Your not used the the new model now but give it time and you will :D

Rai
11th Feb 2008, 22:31
Look at the screens, Lara's hair isn't that short, really. Shorter than TRA but about the same to Legend.

And let's face it, women cut their hair, then regrow it, then cut it, then change its colour, cut it again...basically we're pretty darn indecisive about our looks. Why should Lara be any different? :p

BurialGown
12th Feb 2008, 10:20
Why should Lara be any different? :p

Because she is LARA CROFT!!! A.K.A. Long in-plait brown hair :rasp:

LisaB1962
12th Feb 2008, 13:18
And let's face it, women cut their hair, then regrow it, then cut it, then change its colour, cut it again...basically we're pretty darn indecisive about our looks. Why should Lara be any different? :p

Women interested in their appearance do, but I've always thought of Lara as not concerned with her appearance. She's beautiful, but not vain about it. That's why I like the braid.

Angie Croft
12th Feb 2008, 16:08
Honestly...I think she looks a little...uglier than in Anniversary & Legend (face). And like the fact that she'll no loner be so skinny :D Well, she can't always look young that's for sure, but shouldn't look so...mad!

Rai
12th Feb 2008, 17:54
Women interested in their appearance do, but I've always thought of Lara as not concerned with her appearance. She's beautiful, but not vain about it. That's why I like the braid.

I totally agree! Lara likes to keep her hair neat, but isn't vain about it. I like that about her too. I don't mind if her hair is braided or in a pony. Either is nice.

(See this little guy here :p ? It meant I was joking but also making a point that her hair isn't important, so much.) ;)

William Croft
12th Feb 2008, 18:15
(See this little guy here :p ? It meant I was joking but also making a point that her hair isn't important, so much.) ;)

Very true lol

LCraider08
18th Feb 2008, 06:46
Lara will have hair in her face-good, because we all know with all that running and jumping her hair does not have that much hold or hairspray
-good...really all i can say, except i thought in Legend she got wet ;) when she was out of the pool or water...
Her hair will be shorter
-eh, k.
-bulkier...i heard her calves and arms will be more muscular..realistically.
- not enough. seriously. come on now. and dont make them like Legend, how you had different colors...seen one seen them all
-good. hopefully alot more than 5
-desert eagle waht? yea i think so. that would be tight, she can handle it.
-come on we all love allister and ZIp...please:)
-COME ON THAT THING IS A LIFE SAVOR!!!