PDA

View Full Version : What you DON'T want to see in TR;U

Atheist
30th Dec 2007, 16:00
I thought I'd make a thread on what you DON'T want to see in the new game.
Here are some of mine:

No Egypt!

No more Egypt levels, please! Obviously, seen as ancient Egypt is famous for its tombs, mummies, history, treasure, traps, curses, unexplained mysteries and unexplored areas…its a perfect area for Tomb Raider! But it’s already been done to death.
As well as a whole chapter in Egypt in TR1, and again in TRA, and more in Unfinished Business, who could forget TR4? The whole game was set in Egypt, all 35 levels of it. It had everything you could possibly get into a Tomb Raider Egypt.
Please, no more Egypt!

No Zombies…

I just had to say this, because I can feel it coming. No zombies. This is Tomb Raider, not Resident Evil. I can just see Lara there shooting at some rotting, mangled, screaming animated corpse…don’t turn Tomb Raider into a horror! Mummies are fine, but zombies…no.

No heartbeat at low health

Just a little thing, do we have to have the heartbeat when we get to low health? Surely we know from whatever just happened and the flashing health bar that we’re low on health, do we need the…bud dum……bud dum……bud dum….in the background? I find that it annoys and actually scares me so much that I have to kill my self, or use a medipack I can’t afford to use, just to get rid of it.

No checkpoints

I’ve never liked these. I, like many others I would guess, prefer the old system of manually saving and then loading it exactly were you were and in your exact state at the time. Maybe you can chose weather to use checkpoints or just use saves.

No more cutscenes replacing/spoiling major events

I love cutscenes, especially interactive ones...but I hate it when they replace or spoil major events in the game. I want to fight that boss, not sit back and it watch it. I want to be surprised by that sudden appearance of an enemy, not have a long introduction to it beforehand. So cut down on the cutscenes, or just put them in better places.
Lisa B: Cut scenes should be used to advance story. Stick to that formula and we'll all be happy.

LegendLost
30th Dec 2007, 16:25
No heartbeat at low health

Just a little thing, do we have to have the heartbeat when we get to low health? Surely we know from whatever just happened and the flashing health bar that we’re low on health, do we need the…bud dum……bud dum……bud dum….in the background? I find that it annoys and actually scares me so much that I have to kill my self, or use a medipack I can’t afford to use, just to get rid of it.

Everything Else I agree with, But the Heartbeat I always found cool. Especially if you have a nice surround system and the bass is high. to me it's a cool effect. Sometime it gets annoying. Like in the Area 51 Level. Even with full Health it never went away. but other than that, I liked it. And also, NO ZOMBIES, agreed :D

Rai
30th Dec 2007, 16:38
Good news, Atheist. According to the news articles I've read, the save system is one where when you save, Lara will be in the exact same spot as you left her.

Whoopee!

I liked the heartbeat too. I agree it made it scarier and more tense, but that is why I like it.

What creatures do you get in the underworld? Dunno, I'd hate zombies too.

I don't think Egypt is a location this time round. Australia, Mexico, the Golden Triangle (not sure which one) and Easter Island are mentioned and a couple of others too. Not sure how many more there are.

I could live without the adrenalin dodge in Underworld.

Phlip
30th Dec 2007, 17:34
I really don't want to go into too much detail, but I'd love to see invisible walls, checkpoints (old TR2, 4 & 5 save system back please), linearless, having training levels in the friggin' LEVELS (What the Hell is CM for then?! :rolleyes:), erm.. not having blood, very limited backpack and other stuff that pucks TR up. :)

Phlip
30th Dec 2007, 17:37
According to the news articles I've read, the save system is one where when you save, Lara will be in the exact same spot as you left her.

Whoopee!
Proof?

I vote for the heartbeat thing to stay, and I'd love it to REALLY make you panic until you kill yourself. :D :D

StarChampagne
30th Dec 2007, 18:56
Good news, Atheist. According to the news articles I've read, the save system is one where when you save, Lara will be in the exact same spot as you left her.

:) That's good news! Nothing's more frustrating than not being able to find a checkpoint when you want one.

I haven't actually played Anniversary :o So I'm not that up to date with the TR world, hehe. But I'd rather no Zip and Alistair in TRU. Or at the least, be able to choose whether to terminate their employment or not at the beginning of the game. Or destroy the headset. Or something. The Lone Raider is better imo. :)

Atheist
30th Dec 2007, 18:58
Aww... :(
I'm not happy that you guys don't agree with my heartbeat thing. I really, really, REALLY hate it! :nut:

YEY!! :D

StarChampagne
30th Dec 2007, 19:07
I'm not happy that you guys don't agree with my heartbeat thing. I really, really, REALLY hate it! :nut:

I've only heard it the once, and all it did was make me think of Casualty. It seems like a cool idea, although as I like to make it through levels without any med-packs, I can see how it would be very annoying.

Atheist
30th Dec 2007, 19:10
I've only heard it the once, and all it did was make me think of Casualty.

Yes! Excatly!! Same here!

RaiderGirl#1
30th Dec 2007, 19:16
Well for the whole heartbeat thing you have to remember that they may change the whole medipack thing. They're not sure how they're going to make her heal herself.

ditom
30th Dec 2007, 19:33
I don't want :
-many enemies (because it is not GoF)
-too much jumping like in TRL and TRA
-very difficult puzzels (they have to make trouble but not to much:D )
-Alister and Zip talking non-stop like in TRL (I like them but they are too talkative)

Jezyk
30th Dec 2007, 19:38
I've played TR 1-3, 5, TRL & TRA and I've never heard any heartbeats :scratch:

Rai
30th Dec 2007, 19:51
Proof?

I vote for the heartbeat thing to stay, and I'd love it to REALLY make you panic until you kill yourself. :D :D

Proof, phlip? I admit I am getting my info from trc.com (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines3373.html)

So I don't actually know how accurate they are, but it is the best I can do at short notice. They are coming up with little tidbits nearly every day. ;)

Atheist
30th Dec 2007, 20:07
I've played TR 1-3, 5, TRL & TRA and I've never heard any heartbeats :scratch:

Well that's strange. :scratch:

I can't remember if they have it in the other games, but I know they have it in TRA. When your health bar gets dangerously low, the health bar will flash red and you can hear a slow thud of a heartbeat in the background till you heal.

I'm playing the PC version, btw.

ExH
31st Dec 2007, 23:17
- I hope it will contain many puzzles...
- As less enemies as possible (I have nothing against bosses)...
- About the hearbeat, I don't really care about it, cos my health seldom (very seldom) falls below half (I managed to finish all series without using any medkits (not first time playing a serie though))...
- I have nothing against Egypt too, don't get me wrong... :D
- Also, I want save system to stay same as it was in TRL & TRA, this way it's more challenging...

Can't figure out anything else at the moment...

Spong
31st Dec 2007, 23:24
I'll tell you what I don't want to see on the next Tomb Raider...

A PS3 or Xbox360 logo.
I'd much prefer a PS2 or Xbox logo. But that ain't gonna happen.

It'll be a looooooooooooooooooooooong time before I play TR:U.

LegendLost
31st Dec 2007, 23:25
NO CUT-SCENES TO INTRODUCE ANYTHING MAJOR!
I'm sick of how in Legend/Anniversary andthing major got
a cutscene.

The T-Rex for instance, nice cutscene,
but would have been MUCH scarier if it just
appeared like in the original. It leaves you no
time to prepare and you usually end up screaming
and pausing the game! Much better and then
a huge introduction!

Wess~Gamer
31st Dec 2007, 23:27
I agree about Egypt and the Zombies.. in fact, I don't want any level with sand everywhere :o

I thought the Checkpoints where kinda usefull, I always forget to save after hard jumps and stuff.. and I have to do everything all over! someones just say that it is their one fault and just do it over, but I find it realy frustrating and it makes me angry :mad2:
But I will give the save-system a chance if it's in TRU.

And for the heartbeat-thing, I don't realy care.. It never bothered me to it!

off topic: O.. and before I forget, It just turned 2008 here. (about 50 minutes ago..) so, HAPPY NEWYEAR!! :D

CatSuit&Ponytail
1st Jan 2008, 10:57
NO CUT-SCENES TO INTRODUCE ANYTHING MAJOR!
I'm sick of how in Legend/Anniversary andthing major got
a cutscene.

The T-Rex for instance, nice cutscene,
but would have been MUCH scarier if it just
appeared like in the original. It leaves you no
time to prepare and you usually end up screaming
and pausing the game! Much better and then
a huge introduction!

You know, it had not occurred to me before, but I also would prefer the game to just keep rolling, and NOT have everything change after a long cutscene. I mean changing world locations, have a cutscene that changes the area, all right. But take the Lost Valley... I want the Lost Valley to be just as it was after the TRex arrived, and went away, except for the huge gap he broke in the wall of course.... I want to be able to jump up on things and climb to get a good sniper shot, if that is my gaming style. ;)

Well, I am sure some of you know what I mean. :whistle: :D

Capkeez
1st Jan 2008, 12:34
Perhaps they should make it in the style of the Half-life series where everything happens in real time, and you do whatever you want in the "cutscenes" which is actually real-time gameplay with scripted events. It works relly well.

Atheist
29th Jan 2008, 16:17
They should stop replacing major events with cutscenes, like fights or escapes or introductions. I want to fight Larson, and then you can put a cutscene. Don't replace the whole thing with one! :eek:

zakker
29th Jan 2008, 18:06
Here are some of mine:

No Egypt!

No more Egypt levels, please! Obviously, seen as ancient Egypt is famous for its tombs, mummies, history, treasure, traps, curses, unexplained mysteries and unexplored areas…its a perfect area for Tomb Raider! But it’s already been done to death.
As well as a whole chapter in Egypt in TR1, and again in TRA, and more in Unfinished Business, who could forget TR4? The whole game was set in Egypt, all 35 levels of it. It had everything you could possibly get into a Tomb Raider Egypt.
Please, no more Egypt!

you know, egypt, greece, italy, china, mexico and south america, south-east asia are the best places to build TR arround with a strong story line since they have a strong history, documented history, tombs and temples.

so, Eidos and CD do not listen to him and give us more egypt:rasp:

Tomb-Dude
29th Jan 2008, 19:13
1 Atheist is a she :p not sure she will to pleased that she just got called a he :eek:

What is with it saying Don't listen to Her/Him? I also agree with atheist Egypt got used to much in TR:LR and now it is boring, yer it look lovely in Anniversary but I want something more exciting. Sand don't mind but not egypt any more... To repetative! :)

Bampire
29th Jan 2008, 20:08
I so agree with you Atheist..
--
No Disappearing bodies

Make the game realistic, I don't want to watch the corpse slowly disappear, it's not what happens in real life! Just keep it simple and have the bodies there, until you re-load, or whatever the case.

Non-aggressive animals.

It'd be great if we had the type of animal that wouldn't attack, unless they had a reason to. Like if their cubs/babies were near, or if there's a secret. Better yet, if you have your guns drawn and pointing at them, they'll charge. It'd be like the Monks in Tomb Raider II.

Larry_Croft
29th Jan 2008, 20:25
I will be happy with TR: Underworld, if the game developers do the following:
-Keep the annoying "timed" elements of puzzles (retracting platforms, descending ledges, retracting poles, etc) to a minimum.
-Remove cutscenes that *replace* a fight scene. What is up with the fights in TR:A being cutscenes where you have to press the up, down, left, right at the proper time instead of just having a fight?
-Remove cutscenes that happen after a check point, but before a difficult part of the game so, if you fail, you have to go back to the checkpoint AND go through the cutscene over and over again. This is especially irritating when the cutscene, *changes* Lara's position. Put a check point between the cutscene and the difficult part.
-Boss fights that require you to use special moves or tactics, without actually even hinting on what you are supposed to do ahead of time.

What I would like to see:
-Some minor multi-options. For example, if Lara needs to get to the top of a cliff, instead of having only ONE way, there might be a few different ledges and poles, so the player has 2-4 routes to go up. I cannot see how that would be game breaking, or take too much longer to implement, yet it would give the illusion of "choice" (I say 'illusion' since the final goal would always be the same).
-Sniper rifle

Mangar The Dark
29th Jan 2008, 20:47
Remove stupid "timed" elements of puzzles (retracting platforms, descending ledges, retracting poles, etc).

I think EVERY TR game to date has had timed sequences, so I doubt they'll be removed. I think the problem with TRA is simply that some of the timed sequences (Great Pyramid) almost felt as if the programmers goofed and set the timer too short. I know the time has to be short enough to be challenging, but there's a difference between challenging and downright infuriating. The timed sequences in TRL were much easier.

Larry_Croft
29th Jan 2008, 22:42
There. I changed my line to "-Keep the annoying "timed" elements of puzzles (retracting platforms, descending ledges, retracting poles, etc) to a minimum." ;)

LisaB1962
30th Jan 2008, 18:00
I don't want to see:

Interactive cut scenes. Please, they are now overdone to the point of cliche.

Changing abilities. If Lara could reach that ledge in one level, she can reach it in all levels.

Current swimming controls. As unintuitive as they come.

Too much skin or cleavage.

Checkpoint system. I've waxed rhapsodic on this one in other posts.

sapphire33
30th Jan 2008, 22:29
I thought I'd make a thread on what you DON'T

No checkpoints

I’ve never liked these. I, like many others I would guess, prefer the old system of manually saving and then loading it exactly were you were and in your exact state at the time. Maybe you can chose weather to use checkpoints or just use saves.

Here, here - well put. Bring back save at will option. :)

TDK
31st Jan 2008, 13:30
agree about egypt thing umm i dont want to see bosses (stupid bosses like Natla) and i dont want too see checkpoints i cant think of anything now i'll back late ;)

MercuryRapids
31st Jan 2008, 17:13
Don't want:

Bosses that can only be killed one way (apparently there's no bosses, but some harder to beat baddies)
Annoying super-complex, timed jumps with the grappling hook
Interactive cut scenes
Limited ammo/medikits. If they're there, you should be able to pick them up no matter how many you have. :)
Checkpoints that send you back miles if and when you make a mess of it and kill Lara

LexyLicksLlamas
4th Feb 2008, 11:34

I don't like the heartbeat either.
It makes me waste a medpack >:|

Sadistic Raider
5th Feb 2008, 00:20
Her darker image looks stunning but on the other hand it reminds me a little too much of AOD, which in my opinion is like the worst Tomb Raider game ever =/ But don't get me wrong - I'm by no means trying to compare AOD to Underworld. What I mean is that the only thing I certainly do not want to see in Underworld is it getting way too far from the essence of Tomb Raider. It has been done before and everyone knows where it leads so they better not make the same mistake again.

KasigiYabuSama
5th Feb 2008, 09:53
I did a series of whine & moan posts on these forums after getting into Anniversary; at risk of repetition I'll see if I can remember...

-> First thing I'm almost afraid to ask about is the %*&!#*!%# checkpoints. Oh, how many, many, many times I cursed and shouted (and convinced my neighbors I was utterly loony in the process) at whoever made that decision... Those parts where you have to climb around a relatively-mundane series of ledges with that one insufferable part that you have to do four hundred fifty times, going back to Square One each time 'cause the checkpoint is your only save option... I think I spent three weeks in that fire cave in Natla's pyramid alone;

-> Camera lock as a toggleable option instead of the wild, flailing, mind-of-its-own camera. I named the first three save slots of Anniversary "Where's My Dramamine?" "Son of Dramamine" and "Vomit Vector" for accuracy's sake. I eventually got a dual-hat controller and got over the humongous learning curve for it, but it would be nice not to have to mess with that at all. Just let me hit "Ins" or whatever for the brief look-see, then I'm good to go with that sucker locked a couple paces back over a shoulder;

-> Instantly-disappearing kills - carcasses should at least hang around long enough for you to have left the area so you know whether or not you've actually made the kill, not to mention for realism;

-> Whatzit and Whozit on the headset and no way to shut them up. There are lots of people who want them jabbering, but I ain't one of 'em - keyword for everything: "selectable." Anniversary was sheer bliss for their absence.

-> It may not be "realistic," but I don't like having to leave perfectly good goodies laying around because I've already got my limit. There should be a selectable option to remove the limits on ammo pickups.

-> 'Also a little concerned to read that CD is considering messing around with the medpack/healing mechanism. Hang ultra-realism, the prime emphasis should be on playability & fun. Medpacks laying around may be implausible but they're as much a part of TR as tombs - and having to become a virtual herbologist with every scratch & bruise sounds a tad dull. But who knows, maybe they'll do something cool with it and make it toggleable.

Other than those details, Anniversary was pretty near perfect and damn close to gaming heaven as far as I'm concerned. I'd just say avoid screwing anything up now that the rough edges in Legend were ironed out.

Mangar The Dark
5th Feb 2008, 13:26
What I don't want to see:

VOICE CAST:
Lara Croft......Fran Drescher

tombraiderxlegend
5th Feb 2008, 20:57
Noooooooooo Egypt.
Yeah, it was an interesting place, but come on. Be original!

Uhm, no underwater combat? =]
Haha. I just hope it doesn't come back.

No more falling swords out of ceilings.
Yuck. :[ I know a lot of people like that,
because of the thrill, but I /hate/ it.

William Croft
5th Feb 2008, 21:07
Noooooooooo Egypt.
Yeah, it was an interesting place, but come on. Be original!

No more falling swords out of ceilings.
Yuck. :[ I know a lot of people like that,
because of the thrill, but I /hate/ it.

Hhahahahaha its all about thrill :D Underworld combat? You mean harpoons? Lol, I've heard that theres locations such as Iraq, Rome and others are going to be included :thumbsup:

ditom
5th Feb 2008, 21:36
Hhahahahaha its all about thrill :D Underworld combat? You mean harpoons? Lol, I've heard that theres locations such as Iraq, Rome and others are going to be included :thumbsup:

Iraq is nice location.But I hope Lara won't have to fight with suicide bombers.

matches81
5th Feb 2008, 22:34
What I would not like to see in TR:U:

- Checkpoint only save system.
Nothing against checkpoints: They're good, because most of the time you don't have to save manually. But: If I choose to save my game, I want to be just in the place I saved when I load the game. I see no problem in combining checkpoints with a "save anywhere you want" save system. Checkpoints will keep frustration to a minimum if you just forgot to save for quite a while, a "save anywhere" system allows me to save after one of these really hard parts, or just before them when I think I might fail there.
Just do both.

- "Leaps of faith":
It's not good level design if it requires the player to take a jump to a place he can't see. This is strongly related to camera problems. No matter what the reason for a "leap of faith": Those things should be noticed at least in testing and should be fixed before release, either by changing the level or simply changing the camera position for that part so I can actually see where I'm supposed to go.

- Many "God of War" interactive cutscenes:
Done to death. Can be a great thing, though, but don't overdo them. For example I liked the cutscene in the beginning of Anniversary where Lara went through one of these spinning blade traps. In such cases those interactive cutscenes can be a great thing. Doing the whole boss battle in an interactive cutscene is a bad idea, however.
So, just don't overdo them.

- Many gunfights:
Honestly, Tomb Raider for me never has been about the gunfights, and for me they are just annoying in these games. I resort to the easy difficulty level just because of that in the Tomb Raider games. Include less gunfights, perhaps tune the targetting system, and I might actually enjoy them.

One thing I would like to see in Tomb Raider are more complex puzzles every now and then. Don't get me wrong: I don't want Tomb Raider to lose its focus, but a puzzle that requires a bit of brains wouldn't hurt. I actually enjoyed the centaurs in Anniversary. That wasn't exactly a puzzle, I actually cursed a lot until I figured out what to do. But I actually enjoyed that I had to employ my brains and that the solution wasn't force-fed to me. I would like to see a game actually not treating me like an 8-year-old and not taking me by the hand for every puzzle: Deploy some hints around the level, perhaps refer to some well-known myth and the likes (after all, it's Tomb Raider), so that the puzzle is pretty logical, but don't push me through it all the time.

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 16:00
What I would not like to see in TR:U:

Nothing against checkpoints: They're good, because most of the time you don't have to save manually. But: If I choose to save my game, I want to be just in the place I saved when I load the game. I see no problem in combining checkpoints with a "save anywhere you want" save system. Checkpoints will keep frustration to a minimum if you just forgot to save for quite a while, a "save anywhere" system allows me to save after one of these really hard parts, or just before them when I think I might fail there.
Just do both.

- "Leaps of faith":
It's not good level design if it requires the player to take a jump to a place he can't see. This is strongly related to camera problems. No matter what the reason for a "leap of faith": Those things should be noticed at least in testing and should be fixed before release, either by changing the level or simply changing the camera position for that part so I can actually see where I'm supposed to go.

- Many "God of War" interactive cutscenes:
Done to death. Can be a great thing, though, but don't overdo them. For example I liked the cutscene in the beginning of Anniversary where Lara went through one of these spinning blade traps. In such cases those interactive cutscenes can be a great thing. Doing the whole boss battle in an interactive cutscene is a bad idea, however.
So, just don't overdo them.

- Many gunfights:
Honestly, Tomb Raider for me never has been about the gunfights, and for me they are just annoying in these games. I resort to the easy difficulty level just because of that in the Tomb Raider games. Include less gunfights, perhaps tune the targetting system, and I might actually enjoy them.

One thing I would like to see in Tomb Raider are more complex puzzles every now and then. Don't get me wrong: I don't want Tomb Raider to lose its focus, but a puzzle that requires a bit of brains wouldn't hurt. I actually enjoyed the centaurs in Anniversary. That wasn't exactly a puzzle, I actually cursed a lot until I figured out what to do. But I actually enjoyed that I had to employ my brains and that the solution wasn't force-fed to me. I would like to see a game actually not treating me like an 8-year-old and not taking me by the hand for every puzzle: Deploy some hints around the level, perhaps refer to some well-known myth and the likes (after all, it's Tomb Raider), so that the puzzle is pretty logical, but don't push me through it all the time.

Oh but you see I loved checkpoints and didn't see anything bad with them. IAlthought I wouldn't mind save in spot either, I liked the cutscenes and I don't think they over done it but if it is overdone then it could spoil the game. I agree with you in everything else although I like gun fights :D

darklightdan
6th Feb 2008, 21:00
You Should Be Able To Save Where You Want.

Katin-ka
6th Feb 2008, 22:13
No Amanda!Or lessssssssssssssssssssssssss Amanda - as it is possible!...and less talking about Amanda and Laras ''motherstory''(from Legend)...not to be so childish ...
No guardians-mummies!
No the same outfit all the time!
No the same environment(like in Legend or amiversary-i mmean catacombs, temple, ruins, but instead of that other locations as cities, Arctic(just like TR3)!, Syberia, America, just new places Lara hasnt been before!etc.also Western Europe....Lara hasnt been there!
No cliffclimb) all the time!
No the same CONTROLLS as in Legend(S, E, W,Q)just but using cursor key!
No ''on TR movie based'' ideas, locations, characters, artifacts, missions!
No ''Pamela Anderson''- but middle size!!!!!:p
No weightless Lara!(as in TRL,Tra) -damned controlls.....
No tooo long-leg Lara!-its not natural for an athletic girl..She isnt a catwalk model,but a sporty girl!
No too much animal enemies(wolfs, tigers)!
No linear game!
No too thin Winston(cause in classic games he isnt thin, but in Legend he turns into ''boned''old man...what happened with him? Dietery, illness or what?:lmao: )
No Karima as official model-but another one:D

William Croft
6th Feb 2008, 22:34

How dare you :rasp: She was brilliant :(

Archelaos
7th Feb 2008, 01:31
I know a couple of people have already posted this, but they should break AWAY FROM LINEAR. It's pretty much guaranteed that it's too late to say that for this game, but it'd be more fun hunting down multiple ways to tackle a situation. Not too obvious, but then they've never had a problem with that...:rolleyes:

Werner Von Croy
7th Feb 2008, 01:57
No Amanda!Or lessssssssssssssssssssssssss Amanda - as it is possible!...and less talking about Amanda and Laras ''motherstory''(from Legend)...not to be so childish ...
No guardians-mummies!
No the same outfit all the time!
No the same environment(like in Legend or amiversary-i mmean catacombs, temple, ruins, but instead of that other locations as cities, Arctic(just like TR3)!, Syberia, America, just new places Lara hasnt been before!etc.also Western Europe....Lara hasnt been there!
No cliffclimb) all the time!
No the same CONTROLLS as in Legend(S, E, W,Q)just but using cursor key!
No ''on TR movie based'' ideas, locations, characters, artifacts, missions!
No ''Pamela Anderson''- but middle size!!!!!:p
No weightless Lara!(as in TRL,Tra) -damned controlls.....
No tooo long-leg Lara!-its not natural for an athletic girl..She isnt a catwalk model,but a sporty girl!
No too much animal enemies(wolfs, tigers)!
No linear game!
No too thin Winston(cause in classic games he isnt thin, but in Legend he turns into ''boned''old man...what happened with him? Dietery, illness or what?:lmao: )

Pamela Anderson might melt in warmth of warmer climate tombs lol :rasp:

matches81
7th Feb 2008, 02:15
Oh but you see I loved checkpoints and didn't see anything bad with them. IAlthought I wouldn't mind save in spot either, I liked the cutscenes and I don't think they over done it but if it is overdone then it could spoil the game. I agree with you in everything else although I like gun fights :D
So, actually agree on the save system with me, too. I didn't see anything bad with checkpoints. In fact I've given a reason why I like them. I just said they should combine them with the "save on spot" system ;)

rabid metro
7th Feb 2008, 07:00
... but they should break AWAY FROM LINEAR...

read a few of the dozen or so recent reviews of TRU:
-- persistent debris can be used as a way of marking your UNIQUE path through a level ...

-- a new physics engine that enables, for instance the grapple to be used in many different ways, hence allowing many different solutions for completing a level ...

extrapolate!
:cool:

Katin-ka
7th Feb 2008, 11:37
How dare you :rasp: She was brilliant :(
I totally agree she was brilliant:thumbsup: I have nothing against her! I like her too! Just since TR1 there have been so many models that seem to be changing all the time! And that I think it is more interesting if they change models(also because Laras' model in the game change and change!) ..even Karima...
Karima originally was TRL model, but TRU Laras model is a bit different...Would be cool if they could find someone who is even more alike Lara(in TRu)!
Thats it!:) Karima is beautiful model!...i didnt want to put rocks in her garden:eek: ****

darklightdan
7th Feb 2008, 13:10
i think u should be able to save whenever, apart from the beginning of the level where it saves itself.

William Croft
7th Feb 2008, 15:38
I totally agree she was brilliant:thumbsup: I have nothing against her! I like her too! Just since TR1 there have been so many models that seem to be changing all the time! And that I think it is more interesting if they change models(also because Laras' model in the game change and change!) ..even Karima...
Karima originally was TRL model, but TRU Laras model is a bit different...Would be cool if they could find someone who is even more alike Lara(in TRu)!
Thats it!:) Karima is beautiful model!...i didnt want to put rocks in her garden:eek: ****

Yes indeed Karima was brilliant although the Lara in game has changed so the likelyhood is the models going to change :(

@ Everybody talking about the Savegame topic

I think saving where ever you want will be good, check points will be good, diamond type save will be good too. Maybe (Like catsuit suggested)when you do easy mode its save anywhere you want and check points. When you do medium its the same but harder enimes. But when you put it on hard its diamond type. Although some might not be happy so maybe you just get to choose the style.. Its a hard nut to crack.

KasigiYabuSama
8th Feb 2008, 06:53
Maybe (Like catsuit suggested)when you do easy mode its save anywhere you want and check points. When you do medium its the same but harder enimes. But when you put it on hard its diamond type. Although some might not be happy so maybe you just get to choose the style.. Its a hard nut to crack.

OhhNonononono... I must play on Hard level, always, but I also do not want to climb my way around that same !%#&*!% twenty minutes' worth of cliff-wall 4,631 times, just because there's one difficult leap 3/4 of the way to the other end and no save option but...way the hell back there. That kind of thing isn't necessarily harder, just aggravating in a thoroughly non-enjoyable sense.

I have high hopes though - the Play article confirmed that they got rid of another (far less aggravating) detail, the instantly-disappearing kills. 'Sounds like everything that Lara ploughs through will be persistent and even usable - yaaaay!!!

So maybe they'll fix some of the other undesirables too - or just make them selectable options...?

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 16:22
I actually liked that heartbeat.

I don't want interactive cutscenes, checkpoints and that TRU was short and easy game.

No interactive Cutscenes? :eek: I loved them!! I didnt mind checkpoints and I hope TRU isnt short and easy but CD & Eidos will learn from they're mistakes :thumbsup:

Tomb-Dude
8th Feb 2008, 16:25
No interactive Cutscenes? :eek: I loved them!! I didnt mind checkpoints and I hope TRU isnt short and easy but CD & Eidos will learn from they're mistakes :thumbsup:

Exactly the same as me and well the rest of my family who have played Legend or Anniersary. The interactive cut scenes are exellent. The Larson fight i found a lot more enjoyable in an interactive way the just blasting him with guns?!!!! Checkpoints i didn't mind that much except when i did and i had to get hte medipacks i got and then i died boefore a check point did get on my nerves a little bit!

William Croft
8th Feb 2008, 16:29
Exactly the same as me and well the rest of my family who have played Legend or Anniersary. The interactive cut scenes are exellent. The Larson fight i found a lot more enjoyable in an interactive way the just blasting him with guns?!!!! Checkpoints i didn't mind that much except when i did and i had to get hte medipacks i got and then i died boefore a check point did get on my nerves a little bit!

Hhahahahhaha, I didn't mind the checkpoints, they came quite alot of times and they were an easy and a reliable way to save (Manually) :D You get me? :scratch:

Wess~Gamer
8th Feb 2008, 17:10
Checkpoints i didn't mind that much except when i did and i had to get hte medipacks i got and then i died boefore a check point did get on my nerves a little bit!

Same here! :eek: Almost every time I tryed to get a medipack I died before the next checkpoint (most of the time it because I felt)
It was so annoying, because every time I wanted to get back for that stupid medipack :mad2: This way I picked up the same medipacks for a hundred times, or so.. :p
For the rest, I don't mind the checkpoint.. Because I always forget to save after hard jumps or so.. And it realy nerves me to do same part over and over again.
But so far as I know there will be a save system in TRU, so I just have to give it a chance :o

And I also did love the interactive cutscenes, but maybe they have to give al those buttons you have to press just one place (lets say, right under in the screen) instad of popping up at different places all the time..

O, and what I also don't want to see is cutscenes at the beginning of important or exciting parts of the game, like boulders or bosses..

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 17:24
Interactive cutscenes need to die a slow agonizing death. It's the videogame version of square dancing. I almost hear Sam Drucker: "Square, Triangle, now promenade that little lady home."

Mashing a button hardly makes a good cutscene more interesting. And they're soooo cliche.

Mangar The Dark
8th Feb 2008, 17:31
Interactive cutscenes need to die a slow agonizing death. It's the videogame version of square dancing. I almost hear Sam Drucker: "Square, Triangle, now promenade that little lady home."

Mashing a button hardly makes a good cutscene more interesting. And they're soooo cliche.

Yeah, I don't really get why interactive cutscenes are making such a comeback. We all played Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the arcades back in the mid-80s, and everyone pretty much agreed that those games looked great but had lousy gameplay, so why reintroduce that style of gameplay now, twenty years later? If it wasn't fun in 1984, it probably won't be fun in 2008.

RinoTheBouncer
8th Feb 2008, 17:36
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Make It A Long Game
No More Only One - Two Hours Playtime
We Want Something To Play For A Month And
No More "the Game Ends After Finishing All The Levels"
We Want Bonus Stages, Bonus Outfits (easy To Get)
No More Time Trails !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RinoTheBouncer
8th Feb 2008, 17:37
Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Make It A Long Game
No More Only One - Two Hours Playtime
We Want Something To Play For A Month And
No More "the Game Ends After Finishing All The Levels"
We Want Bonus Stages, Bonus Outfits (easy To Get)
No More Time Trails !!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLZ NO MORE ROME LEVELS OR COLLOSEUM

WE WISH TO SEE LARA IN IRAQ

LisaB1962
8th Feb 2008, 17:39
Yeah, I don't really get why interactive cutscenes are making such a comeback. We all played Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the arcades back in the mid-80s, and everyone pretty much agreed that those games looked great but had lousy gameplay, so why reintroduce that style of gameplay now, twenty years later? If it wasn't fun in 1984, it probably won't be fun in 2008.

What's funny is that I don't mind them in God of War. GOW is such constant action, that the sequence break up the button-mashing. But I just think they stick out like a sore thumb in Tomb Raider.

phix95
15th Feb 2008, 02:44
Take off the sh**y controls of the past two games and make them more like old school TR. The only reason I didnt buy the last two games was for precisely that reason.
If you cannot control a game, what else is there?

Atheist
15th Feb 2008, 14:09

Underwater combat…well, as much as I HATE it…I would like to see it back! :D I don’t like fighting underwater, but it would bring back some good memories if we had the harpoon gun again.

Just do both.

Exactly.

Tomb-Dude
15th Feb 2008, 15:28
I want a long game, which i can enjoy and not get frustrated with because it is to differcult.
I dont want moves to be to complicated preform.

But what i was also wondering is the fading to black when she dies coming back or not?

Jezyk
15th Feb 2008, 16:05
I like the cutscenes in Legend! They were really interesting, and they gave the possibility of Lara performing moves that are impossible in the gameplay... in TRA I didn't like them that much, mainly the first T-Rex one as it had taken all the expectation that was in TR1, and "fighting" the giant black guy & Uzi kid through a cutscene was also pretty annoying:/

William Croft
16th Feb 2008, 10:56
Underwater fighting... Hmmmm, yep please :D I love the harpoon and It would bring back some good memories I hope they bring it back, please please please.

On topic I don't want to see a dissapointing story. A good story is a must. :thumbsup:

Atheist
16th Feb 2008, 15:43
Added a new one to my list:

I love cutscenes, especially interactive ones...but I hate it when they replace or spoil major events in the game. I want to fight that boss, not sit back and it watch it. I want to be surprised by that sudden appearance of an enemy, not have a long introduction to it beforehand. So cut down on the cutscenes, or just put them in better places.

LisaB1962
16th Feb 2008, 21:10
Cut scenes should be used to advance story. Stick to that formula and we'll all be happy.

William Croft
17th Feb 2008, 10:24
Cut scenes should be used to advance story. Stick to that formula and we'll all be happy.

Yer thats a good alternative, good idea. :thumbsup:

Wylldkard
20th Feb 2008, 06:17
I agree with this gamer, lose the check point saves and have MANUAL saves instead, I had to repeat Roman Area twice due to trying to get something to eat, saved the game and return only to discover I was back at the beginning..

SO LOSE the checkpoints !!!

Fickji
25th Feb 2008, 22:50
This is the no:

No timed puzzles (unless their easy and move the story along)
No heartbeat - if it blinks and flashes red thats enough for me
No limits - this is on healthpacks(if used) and certainly ammo
No time trials - their fun unless the level is really hard (TR anniversary)or your trying to unlock things
No unlockable cheats - Unless they can be unlocked by getting certain places or collecting relics (this goes back to the no time trials idea). Make them like the old tomb raiders with controller/keyboard unlock or an input word (the reason you have cheats is to do it at the beginning of the game)
NO BOULDERS - i didn't realize I hated them until i went to play the old games
NO SWIMMING FIGHTS - bad memories from TR3, TR2 #:eek: :mad2: :lmao:

Compromises -

Interactive cutscenes/ boss battles - if the interactions were at the end (T Rex boss battle) than their alot less annoying, their also good with traps (I've been cheated out of shooting Larson lots)
FMV Cutscenes - when they drive the story their ok (also explaining things)
The talking of the characters - an option to turn on/off character talk like Lara and her two minion buddies
Healthpacks - put them as secrets so you really have to look for them(if their there at all)
Save/checkpoint - maybe checkpoints after every cutscene/level but the ability to save anywhere after that
Croft Manor - more secret places and unlockables like a movie theater, computer, stereo system (it would clear up the main menu type thing) kinda like what they did with her wardrobe

Werner Von Croy
26th Feb 2008, 10:48
No annoying mini cut scenes that one with where you put in the last cog in The Lost Valley really got on my nerves for some reason, especially when you're trying to complete the time trial with 10 seconds left on the clock :mad2:Also no having to press certain buttons during cutscenes that didn't just irritate me during TRA but also resi 4 just despise them

Imaginary Whisk
1st Mar 2008, 06:50
I want some of the more fun cheats back(namely, the one that made her 'splode). :nut:

And I don't want to have to earn them. :/

There's no point in having cheats period if you're going to make me play through 3/4's of the game just to use them! ****

briek
1st Mar 2008, 21:22
Thank god... the old save is coming back! I hated the saving system in the old Tomb Raider games. I wouldn't like to see/hear Alister and Zip giving away all of the details during the game - and I'm pretty sure that won't be happening. I don't want to see the obvious ledges and paths to the next map we need to go to. God... Legend and Anniversary were so easy that way. I wouldn't like to see Lara's body parts going through tangible, solid objects. It annoys me so much when the player's model sticks into walls and plants. UGH.:mad2: That's pretty much it though. I'm glad there will be footprints and dead bodies. I wonder... are there going to be marks on walls and other objects if they are shot?

faint_u
2nd Mar 2008, 00:54
The series became darker and darker. It makes me sick while playing game. I want a brighter scene just like south pacific level in TR3.

RinoTheBouncer
2nd Mar 2008, 12:56
NO MORE EGYPT !!!!!!!
NO MORE ROME !!!!!!
NO MORE GREECE !!!!!!
NO MORE COLLOSEUM !!!!!!!
NO MORE CATACOMBS !!!!!!!!

AND NO MORE REPEATED AND BORING LEVELS
LIKE THE KAZAKHSTAN BIKE RIDE PART WHICH IS ALMOST 15 MINUTES OF THE SAME THING BEING REPEATED !!!!!!!

Sorry for the CAPS LOCK but i just wanted to make it clearer with shouts lolz

Wess~Gamer
2nd Mar 2008, 13:03
NO MORE EGYPT !!!!!!!
NO MORE ROME !!!!!!
NO MORE GREECE !!!!!!
NO MORE COLLOSEUM !!!!!!!
NO MORE CATACOMBS !!!!!!!!

AND NO MORE REPEATED AND BORING LEVELS
LIKE THE KAZAKHSTAN BIKE RIDE PART WHICH IS ALMOST 15 MINUTES OF THE SAME THING BEING REPEATED !!!!!!!

Sorry for the CAPS LOCK but i just wanted to make it clearer with shouts lolz

Well, according to TombRaiderInc (http://www.tombraiderinc.com/content/view/483/241/) Lara will go to Rome.. ;)

And you're very, very right about the repeating thing..
Kazakhstan was one of my favorite levels, only that bike-riding thing in the middle of it really messed up the fun for me!

RinoTheBouncer
2nd Mar 2008, 16:15
Well, according to TombRaiderInc (http://www.tombraiderinc.com/content/view/483/241/) Lara will go to Rome.. ;)

And you're very, very right about the repeating thing..
Kazakhstan was one of my favorite levels, only that bike-riding thing in the middle of it really messed up the fun for me!

yeah i mean it was just to fill the game DVD lolz

LaraCroftLuver
2nd Mar 2008, 16:42
No checkpoints

Lisa B: Cut scenes should be used to advance story. Stick to that formula and we'll all be happy.

[/B]

I like those two

Kisu
3rd Mar 2008, 16:51
I don't want to see the red circles when I shoot.****

Please:(

Aquilla
6th Mar 2008, 20:15
I don't want to see those frustrating, too hard, unrealistic end-bosses from anniversary and legend in the game (or like boaz from aod). I hate those end-bosses.

Also unrealistic level design (meaning, too big, light everywhere, like aod, trl and tra). Level design should be very strong and perfect in a game like Tomb Raider (meaning realistic dark places, shadows, fog, steam, nice objectes too look at, etc., things that give that nice, right atmosphere or ambience). Also the lighter spots, where you can climb, which reveal the (only) way where you must go/climb should be throwed away.

Cutscenes made with the game engine, make them beautiful and movie-like again. (I really like the cutscenes from TR 4 and TR 5).

And I really don't want to see the checkpoint save system.

Make the game hard (climbing, searching, puzzeling) again and don't make it a for all ages, easy (except the end-bosses), shooting game. Give us the famous, original TR gameplay back!! :thumbsup:

Rai
6th Mar 2008, 21:35
I don't want to see those frustrating, too hard, unrealistic end-bosses from anniversary and legend in the game (or like boaz from aod). I hate those end-bosses.

Also unrealistic level design (meaning, too big, light everywhere, like aod, trl and tra). Level design should be very strong and perfect in a game like Tomb Raider (meaning realistic dark places, shadows, fog, steam, nice objectes too look at, etc., things that give that nice, right atmosphere or ambience). Also the lighter spots, where you can climb, which reveal the (only) way where you must go/climb should be throwed away.

Cutscenes made with the game engine, make them beautiful and movie-like again. (I really like the cutscenes from TR 4 and TR 5).

And I really don't want to see the checkpoint save system.

Make the game hard (climbing, searching, puzzeling) again and don't make it a for all ages, easy (except the end-bosses), shooting game. Give us the famous, original TR gameplay back!! :thumbsup:

Why not have the game for all ages? That isn't why it was easy. Although, I don't think it was particularly. It should definitely be for all ages. What age group do you think it should be?

Fickji
6th Mar 2008, 22:12
Aquilla
Also unrealistic level design (meaning, too big, light everywhere, like aod, trl and tra). Level design should be very strong and perfect in a game like Tomb Raider (meaning realistic dark places, shadows, fog, steam, nice objectes too look at, etc., things that give that nice, right atmosphere or ambience).

WHAT? Don't you remember Venice from TR2 and Nevada and India from TR3? They were light everywhere at the beginning of the levels and had that big design thing. Also the south pacific levels of TR3 were grand and did the light everywhere thing well. Then they got progressively darker as you went along.

I'm fine with a certain age like teen and up but against a truelly dumbed down game. It should get harder as you go. BUT most games should do that. I want the ending to utilize everything I've learned from going through the game. That was the only faliure of Bolivia Redux in TR legend. Too much combat not enough happy monkey jumping.

OH yeah, And no more going into places were there is no history. I want history. Like the culture of the place. Like why was the ghalile key in Ghana? What conects Ghana with the rest of the sword locations? That wasn't very well told. AND there was nothing connecting the Coliseem in TRA. DId the Romans invade and then put all the traps there to keep Midas gold hand under their controle. TELL ME. DON'T MAKE ME GUESS.

zombiezack123
6th Mar 2008, 23:57
im not being funny but i would not like to see street levels e.g tomb raider angel of darkness in paris.....Lara is called TOMB RAIDER for a reason. you no what im saying. i also would not like to see companyons e.g Kurtis. the game is supposed to be about lara croft. but i would luv to see diffent hair styles that u could choose from that would be fantastic.

Verios
7th Mar 2008, 01:09
What I don't want in TR:U, hmmm. I suppose the big one would be a simplistic game that can be beaten in under 6-8 hours? heh ;)

Like others have mentioned, no arcade style motorcycle fights please.

Shark_Blade
7th Mar 2008, 06:37
I mainly don't want any Interactive Cutscenes! It was uncreatively done with the big button prompt icon appears in-your-face and just plain annoying hassle. Just give us a decent cutscenes (or even better, fmvs!).

And I do hate the checkpoint. TING. TING. God it drives me mad to listen to it every time I turn a corner. :mad:

True Verios. I hate the motorcycle bit in Legend but it seems they won't do the same in Legend. I read that they will incorporate the bike with puzzle solving..quite interesting.

Verios
8th Mar 2008, 08:55
I read that they will incorporate the bike with puzzle solving..quite interesting.

See, now I wouldn't mind using the motorcycle kind of in the classic way (TR3 style, etc.. where the vehicle had some purpose). It was the whole motorcycle on a rail where you had to kill "X" amount of baddies before the next section of it would open up that I really didn't care for. The "Arcade Style Motorcycle Fights" seemed very out of place to me.

Larahair
8th Mar 2008, 09:42
I do not want to hear the heart beat that totally freaked me out!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or timed puzzles

BlakeNowah
8th Mar 2008, 16:53
Here are some of mine:

No Egypt!

No more Egypt levels, please! [...]

I love cutscenes, especially interactive ones...but I hate it when they replace or spoil major events in the game. [...]

I TOTALLY agree with the Egypt part.

Please, no more Egypt!!!
For now, at least... I can assume you are eager to test the engine with some pyramids... But let us forget Egypt for a while...

michael-croft
10th Mar 2008, 17:38
so annoying unless they're funny

really fly
22nd Mar 2008, 10:47
:) Yeah.
No more checkpoint, I agree with U.
But when it comes to the 'heart beat'...I think it not too bad, how about add an option to select whether to hear that...
Egypt, my god, I love this place...

How about travel in China, Japan or some Asian Country, I think that would be fun, hu?

Imaginary Whisk
22nd Mar 2008, 22:36
I don't want a short game that can be beaten in 4-8 hours on the first run through, or any run through for that matter. It'd be nice to actually have to explore multiple rooms for the same puzzle again, rather than finding every thing you need in one room & being able to find it all by spinning 360 degrees with binoculars. ****

Maybe less use of the grapple for swinging & such and more for interacting with the environment by pulling stuff, or just simply scaling walls... She isn't Batman or Spiderman, she doesn't need the handicap of zipping through tombs like that. And for that matter it'd be nice to see something she grapples onto while swinging, break, that make for a interesting surprise at least. xD

TombRaiderFan
24th Mar 2008, 23:11
I would not like to have
- Alot of timed puzzels
- The cheat infinate health is not just fighting and high places infinate health
I hate that! think of what you can do in the TRA Lost Island Level where you can swim in Lava!:lol:
- A ton of spoilers Like cutscenes.
- A camra that tells you what happened, it will be alot harder
- Alot of jumps, MORE PUZZELS NOT JUMPS!!!!!
- I agree with Atheist NO MORE EGYPT LEVEL!!!!!!!
- Actually no cutscenes at all but the end of a level of so, you have to actually accomplish what a cutscene usually does for you COOL!
- Very Little breath meter, I die too much on that.
- Not much boss fights:eek:

stonka
25th Mar 2008, 14:23
-interactive cutscenes should be limited to the very mimnumum.
-game should be way less linear.
-i also think timing in some puzzles was ridiculous.
-jungle is good, always. but does it really have to rain all the time, give us some sun!
-city levels should be some sort of an introduction to the real tomb riding. like if lara had to go around a town, looking for clues where to go to find this and that artefact.
-there was a good idea posted here about animals who attack only if in danger, i like it.
-aaaaaaand the save wherever you want thing definately should be back. couple checkpoints during a level are good, but not every 30 meters, except where you really need them.

i also read somewhere that lara will confront ghosts (wtf?).

Jezyk
25th Mar 2008, 15:49
OH yeah, And no more going into places were there is no history. I want history. Like the culture of the place. Like why was the ghalile key in Ghana? What conects Ghana with the rest of the sword locations? That wasn't very well told. AND there was nothing connecting the Coliseem in TRA. DId the Romans invade and then put all the traps there to keep Midas gold hand under their controle. TELL ME. DON'T MAKE ME GUESS.

I agree about the Ghalali Key etc. But not on the Colisseum etc. The sequence Folly - Colosseum - Palace - (Cistern) - Tomb of Tihocan doesn't make any sense, but it was created but Core so CD's not to blame.

And about what I DON'T WANT TO SEE... is losing control over Lara during some cutscenes, like when T-rex hits the spikes he swings his tail, stomps and roars just beside her... and she stands there doing nothing and looking like an idiot.
I also don't like miraculous exits (like in TR3 Area 51, Tr1-TRA Tomb of Tihocan etc). I'm not sure if you understand - I mean levels when Lara grabs some artifact or kills a boss and the level just ends without explaining how she left the place. Fortunately in TRL there was more attention given to actually getting Lara out after she achieved what she wanted.

Fickji
25th Mar 2008, 16:10
I agree about the Ghalali Key etc. But not on the Colisseum etc. The sequence Folly - Colosseum - Palace - (Cistern) - Tomb of Tihocan doesn't make any sense, but it was created but Core so CD's not to blame.

And about what I DON'T WANT TO SEE... is losing control over Lara during some cutscenes, like when T-rex hits the spikes he swings his tail, stomps and roars just beside her... and she stands there doing nothing and looking like an idiot.
I also don't like miraculous exits (like in TR3 Area 51, Tr1-TRA Tomb of Tihocan etc). I'm not sure if you understand - I mean levels when Lara grabs some artifact or kills a boss and the level just ends without explaining how she left the place. Fortunately in TRL there was more attention given to actually getting Lara out after she achieved what she wanted.

With the Colosseum - Core may have been the first but CD could have explained.

with the rest - YES, I vary much agree and its always bothered me. How did she get out of those places after she'd been there. Did the scion mysteriously transport her out?

I wish they didn't have those cutscenes where they show something happening. It really messed the timetrials in TRA up for me. I should at least be able to move in them. Why have them in at all? Their completely useless and are almost like hints on what to do next. I can understand with the older games but with the newer games being less linear their just not needed.

LisaB1962
26th Mar 2008, 00:57
Remember, the Greeks and the Romans weren't really competitors. The Romans were around long after the Greeks and conquered *cough* huge tracts of land (http://intranet.dalton.org/groups/Rome/RMap.html) including Greece. There's a Roman stadium (http://www.geocities.com/mikvs_britman/01/stad.html) in Athens.
And in Syria. (http://blog.cleveland.com/syria/50872670.IMG_2880.jpg)
And the Balkans. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/Plowdiw_-_R%C3%B6misches_Stadion.jpg)
And France. (http://www.123rf.com/photo_1397386.html)

You get the idea. Referring to it as the Colosseum might not be technically correct, but it set up our expectations for the level just fine. ;)

rabid metro
26th Mar 2008, 04:52
...Like why was the ghalile key in Ghana? What conects Ghana with the rest of the sword locations?...
Amelia's brooch was in Ghana, the Ghalali Key was in the crashed plane.
i assumed that Amelia removed her brooch in Ghana, while exploring with Richard and then misplaced it after replacing it with the Ghalali key given to her by Richard.

Amanda and Rutland somehow figured out that Richard was on to the Ghalali Key (and that he wasn't crazy). Rutland went to Ghana to check out Richard's dig there and Amanda went to England to check out Richard's home. What they didn't know is a clever plot twist- the plane crash, which Lara knew too well ...

With the Colosseum - Core may have been the first but CD could have explained.

what's to explain? that's how Core did it and now its ... (do I have to say Legendary) ...

I wish they didn't have those cutscenes where they show something happening. It really messed the timetrials in TRA up for me.

can't really dispute the effect on you, but the duration of the cutscenes was factored into the amount of time needed for a time trial. still it feels annoying to have to watch a movie while the clocks ticking. i must have at least a dozen time trials that ended in the Lost Valley with Lara suspended in mid-swan dive heading for the exit. Toby, a pox on you!

Aquilla
27th Mar 2008, 21:42
Why not have the game for all ages? That isn't why it was easy. Although, I don't think it was particularly. It should definitely be for all ages. What age group do you think it should be?
18+

WHAT? Don't you remember Venice from TR2 and Nevada and India from TR3? They were light everywhere at the beginning of the levels and had that big design thing. Also the south pacific levels of TR3 were grand and did the light everywhere thing well. Then they got progressively darker as you went along.

I'm fine with a certain age like teen and up but against a truelly dumbed down game. It should get harder as you go. BUT most games should do that. I want the ending to utilize everything I've learned from going through the game. That was the only faliure of Bolivia Redux in TR legend. Too much combat not enough happy monkey jumping.

Venice, India and Nevada all start outside, so there should be sunlight. But some places have dark spots (if you don't set gamma ultra high :P), so that's nice. In TRL and TRA, you won't find those spots. There's light everywhere.

I still think the leveldesign of Crystal is too low. Crystal's "The Cistern" was really stupid. It was like the nicest level of TR1 by Core. That's the reason why I bought TRA! I wanted to play that level again. So that was very dissappointing.

The only things I like about Crystal's Tomb Raider is: Lara (how she lookes) and the movements (but the camera is frustrating at some times!). Graphics are nice too ofcourse.

The Bolivia Redux was too much combat, exactly. Also the T-rex and the monster from the "egg" at the end.

Places with history are also very nice, but it's not nessecary all levels should have that. I really like Egypt, I hope they will make more Egypt levels in the game after Underworld (If there will another title after TRU). But the maya's sounds really nice too!

I'm expecting alot of TRU, I hope Crystal will create a nice TR game (with better level design), that comes closer to the original gameplay. Can't wait to try..

Jezyk
28th Mar 2008, 18:23
Amelia's brooch was in Ghana, the Ghalali Key was in the crashed plane.
i assumed that Amelia removed her brooch in Ghana, while exploring with Richard and then misplaced it after replacing it with the Ghalali key given to her by Richard.

Amanda and Rutland somehow figured out that Richard was on to the Ghalali Key (and that he wasn't crazy). Rutland went to Ghana to check out Richard's dig there and Amanda went to England to check out Richard's home. What they didn't know is a clever plot twist- the plane crash, which Lara knew too well ...

The question is why was the Ghalali Key in Ghana AT ALL (even before Richard found it there).

fael097
28th Mar 2008, 22:53
LARA IS LOOKING 50
PLEASE DEVELOPER GUYS, I LOVE YOU, AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE LARA LOOKING OLD LIKE THAT!!

seriously, i can't play this way, she's way too old, she looks like shes 50, her hair should be darker, it's looking like it is about to turn white (im talking about this http://i.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraiderunderworld_model_renders_01/screen003.jpg)

i know shes growing old, and i agree with that, but fading, not from 30 to 50 :(

TOMB RAIDER SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME
well, i have to agree with the people, i usually play alone, i'm 20, and sometimes i just have to give a break from this game cause i almost **** my pants when playing. TR Legend was REALLY cool, the best so far, too short and easy of course, but the best. after completing legend, i decided to reinstall TR AOD. i really didn't like it, if i wanted to kill zombies i would buy resident evil, but i had to finish it, and i played to the end. so i bought TRA and im stuck on egypt. well not stuck, but scared haha

nice game tho, for playing at 1 o clock, surrounded by people, with the sound off :P

rabid metro
29th Mar 2008, 01:54
The question is why was the Ghalali Key in Ghana AT ALL (even before Richard found it there).

it had to be somewhere ... Ghana is as good a place as any.

seriously, i'd say the details of "where" for the Ghalali Key hardly matter compared to its existence and that it could be found.

perhaps TRU will shed more light on mysteries like this ...
but even if TRU doesn't, that's okay because there is no requirement to answer this question. we have a good story even without this tidbit. unresolved questions like this are common throughout (good) literature.

Rai
29th Mar 2008, 10:08
LARA IS LOOKING 50
PLEASE DEVELOPER GUYS, I LOVE YOU, AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE LARA LOOKING OLD LIKE THAT!!

seriously, i can't play this way, she's way too old, she looks like shes 50, her hair should be darker, it's looking like it is about to turn white (im talking about this http://i.tombraiderchronicles.com/tombraiderunderworld_model_renders_01/screen003.jpg)

i know shes growing old, and i agree with that, but fading, not from 30 to 50 :(

[

Heck, I would do almost anything to look that fab when I turn 50! :eek: In fact I would do almost anything to look that good now! (I'm 35) :lol:

I'm glad they've aged her up a bit. It would look odd if they left her looking the way she does in TRA.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you over the scare factor. TR should be scary in places. I agree to No zombies, but I loved the ambiance and the scariness of TRA Egypt. It adds to it all. What do you want? Fairy lights and fluffy pink clouds? (okay slight exaggeration, there.)

cgtombraider
1st Sep 2008, 16:08
Everything Else I agree with, But the Heartbeat I always found cool. Especially if you have a nice surround system and the bass is high. to me it's a cool effect. Sometime it gets annoying. Like in the Area 51 Level. Even with full Health it never went away. but other than that, I liked it. And also, NO ZOMBIES, agreed :D

ummm... the heartbeat was part of the background music lol

Rexie
1st Sep 2008, 16:09
who bumped this up?

anyway...

http://www.tvbender.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/days.jpg

do i need to say more?

lara 4 ever
1st Sep 2008, 18:35
Just 1 thing...:scratch: :scratch: Want it to be more than 20 hours...!!!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbsup: :eek: :D

toughraid3r37
1st Sep 2008, 18:57
The heartbeat can be annoying if it's on for a long time lol. I would like it if Zip and allister didn't give away too much. I want to figure it out myselft thx lol. I'd also like them not to talk to you that much either. And more fighting would be great! ;)

LC is Me
1st Sep 2008, 19:00
I found the heartbeat quite convenient actually.

I never pay good enough attention to my health during battle. The heartbeat in Anniversary helped me to reduce my number of deaths.

=D

LC is Me
1st Sep 2008, 19:01
ummm... the heartbeat was part of the background music lol
No it isn't. Whenever you had very low health, you'd hear a her heartbeat until you used a health pack. during interactive cutscenes and during an adrenaline dodge, you could hear it though.

lilhanhan
1st Sep 2008, 19:08
No it isn't. Whenever you had very low health, you'd hear a her heartbeat until you used a health pack. during interactive cutscenes and during an adrenaline dodge, you could hear it though.

They were on about the background music in TR3...

Although in TRL and TRA that does happen if you're running out of health.

Cosmasia
1st Sep 2008, 19:41
Well I know it's going to be there but still: I personally have had enough of the lush jungle kind of theme for at least one or two games into the future.

I actually love jungle ruins, but I feel like there's been enough of that, especially lately.
Also I like when she ventures into cities every now and then (Venice and Paris especially) but I don't want a level like the Japan one again x-x it was just blah

Arctic
1st Sep 2008, 20:19
Wow, this is really an old thread :lol:
I can't remember if I have benn posting in it before..? :p

skybluetopaz
1st Sep 2008, 20:32
i cant think of anything in particular that i dont want apart from it to load quicker lol :D

Arctic
2nd Sep 2008, 11:06
@ skybluetopaz - Yeah, well that pretty much depends on what you play the game on. I think :D

lilhanhan
2nd Sep 2008, 11:07
I like it when something takes a while to load, you can put the kettle on while waiting. :D

Arctic
2nd Sep 2008, 11:43
What? That's weird, lilhanhan :lol: I hate it. Especially if I keep dying at the same spot. Then I'll have to sit and watch it load again and again and again and again etc. :nut:

skybluetopaz
2nd Sep 2008, 11:47
yea ^^^^ lol it would be ok only the first few times and i think it should load quite quick on ps3 right? :D :rolleyes:

Arctic
2nd Sep 2008, 11:50
Yeah.. I think/hope it will go very fast :D

lilhanhan
2nd Sep 2008, 12:39
What? That's weird, lilhanhan :lol: I hate it. Especially if I keep dying at the same spot. Then I'll have to sit and watch it load again and again and again and again etc. :nut:

I always have to make a cup of tea while playing videogames and during gameplay I can't be bothered moving off the couch; so the load times actually make me want to do something...

Yes, I'm sometimes lazy and a bit crazy! :o

leanna
2nd Sep 2008, 13:21
LARA IS LOOKING 50

I'm not sure, but I think that picture it's about "Tomb Raider Underworld Forever Young Fan Artwork": http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/fan_foreveryoung_01.html. :D
She stills young: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/wallpaper_03.html. :p

skybluetopaz
2nd Sep 2008, 13:35
I always have to make a cup of tea while playing videogames and during gameplay I can't be bothered moving off the couch; so the load times actually make me want to do something...

Yes, I'm sometimes lazy and a bit crazy! :o

lol fair enough but then it might reload whilst your away
dun... dun... dunnnn! :D

Tomb_Raiderx
2nd Sep 2008, 20:47
I'm not sure, but I think that picture it's about "Tomb Raider Underworld Forever Young Fan Artwork": http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/fan_foreveryoung_01.html. :D
She stills young: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/underworld/wallpaper_03.html. :p

Exactly, guys Lara does not age, she's 28 in all the games, because she doesn't age.

I agree she looked weird with the first render, but she looks 28 in the one that's in game.

I hate mummies and zombies, they can't die, so I don't want mummies or zombies, I want enemies that die and don't come back to life, that checkpoints and heartbeat don't bother me

lilhanhan
2nd Sep 2008, 20:54
lol fair enough but then it might reload whilst your away
dun... dun... dunnnn! :D

O.O

True, but it's all part of the fun...I think! ^.^;

italibabee
4th Sep 2008, 05:37
i liked egypt though...mayb she could find a lost queen or sumthin...but id be fine if she didnt doesnt matter that much...

simtastic100
4th Sep 2008, 06:23
I really don't want to go into too much detail, but I'd love to see invisible walls, checkpoints (old TR2, 4 & 5 save system back please), linearless, having training levels in the friggin' LEVELS (What the Hell is CM for then?! :rolleyes:), erm.. not having blood, very limited backpack and other stuff that pucks TR up. :)

her mansion gets blowe uo ( duh ) so there will eithyer be a mansion or not before it get blown up and if its still accesible after that its gonna be quite inrealistic ps i would rather have a small like 5 - 10min training lvl in TR:U as the house gets tedious like in anniversary when you have a timr trial in it (Lol what the **** was that about ) i would also like to see having more than 2 weapons**** :lmao: :mad2: