PDA

View Full Version : DX:HR - The Collectors' Edition

Pages : [1] 2

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Dec 2007, 19:21
Any ideas for a special collectors edition of this game?

I personally love metal tin containers and also an exclusive figure/model of some sort.
For example, the Bioshock game included a model of the Big Daddy. :cool:

Would be cool to have a fetus model or something. :)
Also, an extra content CD and illustrated art book would be awesome!

I'd happily pay the extra for a collectors edition.... how about you guys?

SageSavage
28th Dec 2007, 19:39
I am not a fan of Collector's Editions and I think this is a topic nobody envolved with the actual development of the game should have to think about at this point. I loved the oldschool paperboxes and those little gimmicks they came with (look at the later Ultima-titles for examples) but apart from a well written in depth-handbook there's nothing I really do want to get with the game's DVD(s). I kinda befriended with the DVD-cases nowadays because they take up less space of my room. A making of would be nice but not as part of a special edition. I hate the idea of exclusive ingame-content like special vehicles or items because it smells like a class society, those who paid more and those who paid less.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Dec 2007, 19:50
Mmm, hear what you say but I disagree with your reasons regarding the assumption that it encourages/smells like a class society. :scratch:

You are paying a little extra for an exclusive model, IF you want it.
Same as buying a separate figurine or something from a toy company.
No big deal if you don't want it, one just purchases the standard edition.
Everything else can be included in the standard edition...

Personally, I would love for there to be a choice and hopefully the developers WILL think about a Special Edition for fans/collectors. :cool:

SageSavage
28th Dec 2007, 20:02
I have no problems with exclusive realworld items like action figures or stuff like that but I think it's stupid to offer stuff inside the gameworld (and I was thinking of online-games there). Nobody should be able to get access to exclusive content (like special items) by paying real money for it. It is better to give every player the same possibilities.

imported_van_HellSing
28th Dec 2007, 23:17
Agreed.

As for the box, maybe a holographic print? Haven't seen that in any game, and it would fit right in with DX' cyberpunk theme.

Extras? Gadgets? The I'd say GOTY version of DX did it right - an in-universe piece of newspaper. A unique gadget, something you remember.

imported_van_HellSing
28th Dec 2007, 23:26
Ooh, I got an idea: since GOTY DX had a newspaper, why not have DX3 have a dvd with an in-universe style documentary movie? :cool:

Something about conspiracy theories (with some maybe as ludicrous and funny as the DX Midnight Sun snippets :lmao:) or the problems of DX' society.

Harakiribert
28th Dec 2007, 23:33
I have no problems with exclusive realworld items like action figures or stuff like that but I think it's stupid to offer stuff inside the gameworld (and I was thinking of online-games there). Nobody should be able to get access to exclusive content (like special items) by paying real money for it. It is better to give every player the same possibilities.

+++

And in addition to everything that has already been said, they could also include a soundtrack CD.

imported_van_HellSing
28th Dec 2007, 23:43
IMHO a soundtrack is the type of extra that should be available for download, since it's something that's not really unique, and is easy to replicate. I personally know people who either buy collector's editions if they have unique gadgets or just pirate the game if they don't. Plus, a free download is always good publicity - look at Bioshock, releasing the soundtrack and artbook for download created a lot of positive buzz.

minus0ne
29th Dec 2007, 02:22
In-game exclusive items should definitely not be done. That's the way "micropayment games" make money, which I believe is fast becoming a gaming genre of its own entirely (ie; "games" without gameplay, the kind where the "gameworld" is nothing more than a visual representation of a chat room, except with... designer clothing and crap).

Though I'd buy a CE if it really stood apart from the regular edition. 'Making of' type videos are always crap, as are any type of bundled movies (even when they're budgetted: you still need talented people to make one, which adds to the budget and I'd rather have them spend that on developing the game, trust me, it's VERY expensive to make films), although they could possibly do a cool feature length machinima pseudo-documentary set in the DX universe (building on Van Hellsing's idea), that could easily be done using the settings and resources of the game itself. They could emulate known documentary or journalistic formats (and also make fun of today's sensational and alarmist 'journalism', much in the same way DX did except in a different form). But it'd have to be very imaginative and not take too much out of the budget. Or they could actually include Jacob's Shadow (I know, someone would have to write it, but it would be possible, it wouldn't have to be a literary masterpiece, just an 80-page short story indirectly adding to the DX universe in one way or another). A soundtrack is also a good idea, but that pretty much comes standard with every CE nowadays.

At any rate, I'd much rather have something extra that adds to the DX universe than something like an action figurine. Though a stylish shiny metal DX3 box? Gimme! :D

mr_cyberpunk
29th Dec 2007, 03:13
1 of 2 things would make me buy the CE.

1. A copy of the original Deus Ex 1 Design Document on PDF.. Eidos might be a bit protective of that though

2. A copy of the original Deus Ex 1 ALPHA and BETA versions.

v.dog
29th Dec 2007, 08:25
I'm with Van on this one, physical items are best as they can't be pirated, nor simply extracted from the game's content. Making of books, signed posters, pewter figurines, that sort of thing.

SageSavage
29th Dec 2007, 11:51
Talking about physical items for CEs... how about several sub-surface laser engraved pictures showing off things like the famous "big hand grabbing globe"-sculpture in the VersaLife-complex, a human genome, the fetus from the trailer and other things like that? It's not very expensive.

Examples:
- http://www.design-academy.co.uk/ssle.htm
- http://www.art-crystal.com/images-tips/home-deco-sphere.jpg

MaxxQ1
29th Dec 2007, 12:00
I'm with Van on this one, physical items are best as they can't be pirated, nor simply extracted from the game's content. Making of books, signed posters, pewter figurines, that sort of thing.

Same here. That little chunk of the Berlin Wall that came with my CE of World In Conflict is pretty cool, as well as the DVD of the Berlin Wall episode of The History Channel's Modern Marvels.

Personally, for DX3, I'd like to see a book(let) containing a "history" of the DX universe, starting with mechaugs, moving through nanotech, and so on, with the DX1/DX2 history part of it. A little like the manual for Homeworld did, with recounting the entire history of the Hiigarans, including politics, religion, and "tales" from their distant past.

gamer0004
29th Dec 2007, 14:41
In-game exclusive items should definitely not be done. That's the way "micropayment games" make money, which I believe is fast becoming a gaming genre of its own entirely (ie; "games" without gameplay, the kind where the "gameworld" is nothing more than a visual representation of a chat room, except with... designer clothing and crap).

Though I'd buy a CE if it really stood apart from the regular edition. 'Making of' type videos are always crap, as are any type of bundled movies (even when they're budgetted: you still need talented people to make one, which adds to the budget and I'd rather have them spend that on developing the game, trust me, it's VERY expensive to make films), although they could possibly do a cool feature length machinima pseudo-documentary set in the DX universe (building on Van Hellsing's idea), that could easily be done using the settings and resources of the game itself. They could emulate known documentary or journalistic formats (and also make fun of today's sensational and alarmist 'journalism', much in the same way DX did except in a different form). But it'd have to be very imaginative and not take too much out of the budget. Or they could actually include Jacob's Shadow (I know, someone would have to write it, but it would be possible, it wouldn't have to be a literary masterpiece, just an 80-page short story indirectly adding to the DX universe in one way or another). A soundtrack is also a good idea, but that pretty much comes standard with every CE nowadays.

At any rate, I'd much rather have something extra that adds to the DX universe than something like an action figurine. Though a stylish shiny metal DX3 box? Gimme! :D

You're absolutely right. I'd definately pay more for a CE if it had those extra's. I'd really like a newspaper and artbook. Jacob's shadow or something like that and a documentary would be cool too. And the soundtrack on a CD, and for those who do not have the CE it should be available to download.

the resolute girl
29th Dec 2007, 15:02
after they finished the game and I have a small hope that it doesn't suck as in "shooter 2.0" I'll think about getting a CE or not. But the times of mindlessly preordering every CollectorsEdition are long gone. Publishers and their funny differing editions across the world and the Devs with their funny interviews promising you things that never make it into the game made me cautious.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Dec 2007, 17:30
Thanks for feedback on this everyone! :cool:

I really want a collectors figure at the end of the day, hehe. :)
So, very much hoping this will be offered. :D

Harakiribert
29th Dec 2007, 18:55
Talking about physical items for CEs... how about several sub-surface laser engraved pictures showing off things like the famous "big hand grabbing globe"-sculpture in the VersaLife-complex, a human genome, the fetus from the trailer and other things like that? It's not very expensive.

I definitely want one of those. Great idea!

gamer0004
29th Dec 2007, 19:06
If DX3 was better than DX:IW I'd buy the CE even if it was €100 (and was worth it, I mean added value, unlike the Gothic 3 CE). But that's me lol.

mr_cyberpunk
30th Dec 2007, 08:30
I have no idea why everyone is talking CE stopping Piracy.. that has no proof and in actuality most people pirate the game anyway. The key to stop piracy is and always will be the WoW system which forces users to have a working serial code to use the official servers.. which would only apply with the multiplayer component.. like what WIC did.

Further more I think we'd only get a documentary and an art book.. possibly a figurine or comic book like we saw with Assassin's Creed, since Eidos Montreal will most likely borrow a lot of the tactics Ubisoft Montreal uses (since a majority of their employees are Ex-Ubi Montreal).. it all comes down to the marketing department though.. so again we just wait till the devs give us some information since its too early to call.

v.dog
30th Dec 2007, 11:13
I didn't say the CE would stop piracy, just that it's nice to pay money and get something that you can't just download off the net.

It's an incentive not to pirate, more than any sort measure to actually stop it.

Kneo24
30th Dec 2007, 19:37
If there's no good demo for the game, nothing is going to stop me from pirating (trying) it before I buy it. I don't buy games anymore if I can't try them before I buy them. Too many empty or broken promises these days.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Dec 2007, 19:54
If there's no good demo for the game, nothing is going to stop me from pirating (trying) it before I buy it. I don't buy games anymore if I can't try them before I buy them. Too many empty or broken promises these days.

I'm sure there will be a demo. :cool:

jordan_a
3rd Jan 2008, 13:06
A making of DVD like the one on Oblivion collector's edition would be GREAT !!

SageSavage
5th Jan 2008, 12:28
Now this is slightly offtopic but I don't want to create a new thread for it. I've just seen the 5 clip-series "Jim Holston at Pandemic" by the devs of the game "Mercenaries 2" and thought that they are actually pretty cool. I'd love to see something like that from the guys at Eidos Montreal... :)

- http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29361.html

Unstoppable
5th Jan 2008, 19:33
If you're going to do a collector's edition, do it right and not rip off your customers. An extra dvd with content just won't do. We want physical things. Command and Conquer 3 Kane's edition for the USA is the perfect example of what NOT to do.

The other countries however got way better items. Like...

- 1 Nod or GDI translucent Dog-Tag,
- 1 Razer Mantis Control/Speed Mat,
- 1 Nod or GDI T-shirt,
- Kane Edition,
- 1 Frosted Tiberium Bag.

They probably also got the behind the scenes dvd as well. I don't really care much about behind the scenes and would prefer a soundtrack.

What I really want is a T-shirt, Tin case, artwork/concept, special JC Denton sunglasses, and maybe even a JC Denton dog tag.

I want the whole kit and caboodle and would be willing to spend anywhere between 10-20$ more if YOU make it WORTH my money. Do not rip me off please like other companies AKA EA games.

I deserve it too. I love Eidos and all their games. I am very happy they commited to Eidos Montreal. You guys are on my A list. :D

gamer0004
5th Jan 2008, 21:44
If you're going to do a collector's edition, do it right and not rip off your customers. An extra dvd with content just won't do. We want physical things. Command and Conquer 3 Kane's edition for the USA is the perfect example of what NOT to do.

The other countries however got way better items. Like...

- 1 Nod or GDI translucent Dog-Tag,
- 1 Razer Mantis Control/Speed Mat,
- 1 Nod or GDI T-shirt,
- Kane Edition,
- 1 Frosted Tiberium Bag.

They probably also got the behind the scenes dvd as well. I don't really care much about behind the scenes and would prefer a soundtrack.

What I really want is a T-shirt, Tin case, artwork/concept, special JC Denton sunglasses, and maybe even a JC Denton dog tag.

I want the whole kit and caboodle and would be willing to spend anywhere between 10-20$ more if YOU make it WORTH my money. Do not rip me off please like other companies AKA EA games.

I deserve it too. I love Eidos and all their games. I am very happy they commited to Eidos Montreal. You guys are on my A list. :D

Please no t-shirts, things like sunglasses and dog tags... It's so... fake. Artwork and those kind of things are great as they add value to the game.
I'd like the DX bible (with the DX3 bible :P), an artbook, a documentary... Not things that aren't of any use except acting like a child and dress yourself up as JCDenton :scratch:

jordan_a
5th Jan 2008, 21:48
+1. A making of will be enough for my part.

imported_van_HellSing
5th Jan 2008, 22:13
I surely would not be buying a collector's edition if the only extra is a making-of vid, which I can view on youtube a few hours after the release of the game.

I want physical stuff, even if it's something as trite and impractical as a dogtag - I'd just hang it from the desklight beside my computer and it would remind me of DX. A memento of sorts, just like my C&C3 mousepad.

jordan_a
5th Jan 2008, 22:17
I want physical stuff - I'd just hang it from the desklight beside my computer and it would remind me of DX. A memento of sorts.That's a good point after all.

vecima
6th Jan 2008, 02:52
i like insight into development - making of, etc, but trinkets are also nice.

i'd like to see something like pamphlets from different factions containing their propagandas.

for example, if this idea were applied to DX:IW you would get:
-order pamphlet (something a seeker would hand out)
-wto pamphlet (describing how great enclaves are, etc)
-templar pamphlet (bashing biomods)
-pequods and quequegs coupons
-a ticket to an NG resonance show.
-signed NG picture.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jan 2008, 11:15
As soon as a CE edition is announced, I'll place my order! :D

gamer0004
6th Jan 2008, 11:16
i like insight into development - making of, etc, but trinkets are also nice.

i'd like to see something like pamphlets from different factions containing their propagandas.

for example, if this idea were applied to DX:IW you would get:
-order pamphlet (something a seeker would hand out)
-wto pamphlet (describing how great enclaves are, etc)
-templar pamphlet (bashing biomods)
-pequods and quequegs coupons
-a ticket to an NG resonance show.
-signed NG picture.

Yeah those kind of things are nice too (well they would've been nice for DX:IW)

Vasarto
29th Apr 2008, 23:02
Here is what I REALLY think the Collectors Edition should come with.

1.1000 page book with everything about the art from Deus Ex 1-3. Concept art and disscussions and previews and talks about how/why when everything was made and what every picture was for what it meant yada yada ect ect....

2.Black Safty Dept box with Deus Ex 3 Logo just like With GTA4. All metal with Lock and key and everything.

3.Cd with all the music from deus ex 3.

4.XL Deus Ex T-Shirt w/ Deus Ex 3 Logo on front and Montreal logo on back.

5.Deus Ex 3 10mb Flash Drive for computers.

6.Deus Ex 3 Keychain

7.A black w/ Orange letters 20 Sided Dice w/ DX 1 Logo as the number 20.

8.Zyme Energy Drink...Made by MONSTER or SOBE. Make the Bottle Shapped like a Vile of Zyme from DX1.

9.Paul and JC Denton 4" tall Figures from Deus Ex 1 ( " Means Inches )

10.Deus Ex 3 Replica Plasma Rifle Gun about 7" Long by 4" Tall.

DXeXodus
30th Apr 2008, 04:43
Some interesting ideas... Haha. To add to that how about a USB coffee warmer in the shape of a datacube :) to keep your caffeine induced liquid warm through a long night of gameplay.

iWait
30th Apr 2008, 06:33
I think Oblivion had a nice CE, it came with a dvd, handbook, a "Tiberium Coin", and a map. I think it's really cool to get exclusive material things when you spend some extra coin.......
Unlike Halo 2 where I got a crappy "making of" dvd for $10 extra :mad2:

Voltaire
30th Apr 2008, 14:25
Original ideas (posted somewhere else too i think, this stuff is besides tee-shirts and art books):

- Replica LAM paperweight
- Blue post-its in a plastic datacube mounting
- USB stick that looks like a multi-tool
- Lockpick keyring
- Nanokey keyring
- JC Denton-esque breastplate
- Nuke soda (someone else's idea actually, but I'd buy a crate of it :D )

Tee-shirt slogans:
Grow up JC, You can't fight ideas with bullets, If you die, our plans will fail.

None of this can be tacky. If I were to buy a CE with a USB multi-tool for example, I wouldn't want low quality, sharp edged, cheapo plastic products.

Gary_Savage
30th Apr 2008, 15:25
- USB stick that looks like a multi-tool

I like this idea better than my idea of a multitool-like wire detector (for walls). Can ANYONE please think up a multitool idea that is more along the lines of interacting with electric or magnetic fields (just like the original multitool in DX1), and still has a big place (volume-wise) in the market?

One idea that just popped into my head is a multitool look-alike WiFi detector (that is, a device that checks how strong - if at all - a wireless network connection exists, for use with a computer). Perhaps the keys on the 'multitool' can be used to check if the network is unsecured, or if you get a good signal for the network that you are authorized to use (by keying in the password). Wow, this is an idea that even I'm getting scared of; though I still think it's practical.

Also, how about a DX1 like keypad, that I can attach to my computer, to act as a sort of password for certain programs, or even the operating system (the DX case mod had something that looked like this)? I can imagine a high-schooler/young college student using it as a way to prevent any pre-teen/underage siblings from accessing the blood and gore, drugs, and scanty cladded-ness of DX3.

Vasarto
30th Apr 2008, 21:02
I KNOW!!! A real computer moniter that looks like the ones from Deus ex.

Gary_Savage
30th Apr 2008, 21:27
A computer monitor, in itself, would be quite expensive, don't you think? On top of that, I don't know the quality of the software support for multiple screens, which DX1's computers seem to have.

Gary_Savage
30th Apr 2008, 21:40
-An air freshener dispenser that looks like a gas grenade.

-A night light that looks like an EMP grenade (or a LAM, if you like red light). Maybe a green night light that looks like a gas grenade. --> These might be practical

-Toy guns: either a stealth pistol, or a mini-crossbow.

-A PDA that looks like a datacube (someone might have suggested this, already)

-An inexpensive little digital organizer that looks like the security terminals from DX1.

-A webcam that looks like the DX1 security cams.

-A blue or red laser tripwire, in case somebody is trying to enter your room (kids might like this, if the gamer has any), complete with the alarm audio.

-A pepper dispenser that looks like the Ambrosia vial that JC gave Stanton Dowd.

-A pepper spray device, like the one from DX1.

-A taser, for self defense (like the riot prod in DX1).

-A DX1 style ammo supply crate, for storing game CDs/DVDs (probably suggested before).

-DX1 style table lamps, for the study table.

-A glow in the dark biocell, with a ball containing blue phosphorescent material, or a glow in the dark augmentation canister.

-A USB device that looks like the nanokey, from DX1. It could be a security key, which you could require to be plugged in for starting the game (you can use it to protect your kids from mature content), or it could just be a thumb drive/flash drive. if the security key is used, then the use it will have to be optional, because those living alone may not want to lock the game.

-An automated vacuum cleaning bot, like the DX1 cleaner bots.

-Blue contact lenses, to look like JC (probably has been suggested before).

-A baton, for disciplining the kids, if they are at the computer too much.

-A combat knife, for the outdoors person (not sure how practical this one will be).

-A booklet guide to all the real world places that were modeled in DX1, IW, and DX3. I really liked how well Liberty Island, and Battery Park were modeled in DX1 (probably mentioned before).

-An air rifle that looks like the DX1 sniper rifle, complete with scope and laser sight (must not need a can of compressed gas). Or, an air pistol that looks like the standard pistol, from DX1. That might be legal in Europe, North America, and South Asia. I don't know about the Middle East, and the Far East.

-DX1 like night vision goggles (just for amplifying ambient light, though not powerful goggles); should be great for use on camping trips, when you want to play a game of sneaking up on a fellow camper, on a trail. It should not be powerful, in case the poor dude shines the flashlight on your face. Laser labs employ a primitive version of this, for seeing IR lasers.

-Battery powered glow in the dark sticks (using LEDs to glow), like the 'flares' (or what else they were called) you found under the table, where you met Harley Filben, on Liberty Island, in DX1.

-MJ12/UNATCO style paintball helmets, or crash helmets.

Even the metal lockable boxes are okay, as long as no one's selling the TNT crates to blow them open :D

phlebas
2nd May 2008, 01:20
A little booklet, or a cd/dvd with all the concept arts and inspirations (like bibliography) for development would be nice.

How about Deus Ex 3 desktop/computer theme? Some of the custom jobs for windows/OS X/linux looks quite amazing, and it would be cool to have my own computer running the same skin as in the computers in the Deus Ex 3 computers (provided that the development team incorporates that kind of mechanic).

Maybe some sort of novelty ID card corresponding to one of the factions in the game, even...

Deus Ex 3-only custom GNU encryption program? Developers can include bunch of easter eggs within the game that players can decrypt with the software... Well this one's going a little too far I guess. :scratch: But making most of the contents for a collector's edition into software would cut down significantly on manufacturing costs while adding some realism factor that can be linked with the game... So long as the developers keep the whole thing simple.

Whatever's included with the collectors edition (if they decide to make it), I hope it's not another action figure or something such... I'd much prefer artbooks over plastic dolls... Now, if that 'plastic doll' was a detailed model of an android, I'd have something to think about.

Unstoppable
2nd May 2008, 01:40
Considering the first two games did not sell extremely well I say no. Keep it simple.

Morph.hu
2nd May 2008, 16:46
Agreed.
Extras? Gadgets? The I'd say GOTY version of DX did it right - an in-universe piece of newspaper. A unique gadget, something you remember.

could you post 1-2 pics of that newspaper? im really curious :) (though i have the original game here, its not a goty version, and i never ever heard of this newspaper thing till now)

on topic: i say, a small plastic multitool, with a DX3 logo on it would be nice for example :)

HouseOfPain
2nd May 2008, 22:08

Yeah, thats borderline EA. We don't want that.:mad2:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th May 2008, 08:24
^
Agreed. :cool:

HouseOfPain
4th May 2008, 16:39
After looking through all the suggestions

I'd have to say an AUG Can Lava Lamp.

Hahaha! Awesome! =D Imagine that for a second. It's already a lava lamp =P

EDIT: Ok trying to be realistic here, I do like the idea of a toy LAM paperweight rather than an action figure.

Apollonius
14th May 2008, 04:47
Looking at what happened recently with the transformers DVD releases, we had the choice of the tin case, standard case and the transforming case. I think that worked well coz it appealed to a wider variety of fans.

I think something similar could be done here, except that gamers do expect more than just a different box.

In addition to stuff like DX themed USB keys and other stuff mentioned in other posts, a Daedelus/Icarus/Helios hologram that morphs b/w all three AIs would be pretty cool (and cheap!) or even a morphing logo b/w the 3 DX games on the box :eek: :D

What I would love to see though is something along the lines of a hardcopy of some of the maps, photos and schematics that we will most likely receive from characters during the game. (I’m showing my age here...qtr of a century years old!) but back in the late 80s and 90s we used to get heaps of detailed manuals with the games we used to buy. eg: Indiana Jones came with his dad's diary, Monkey Island had some books and gizmos to help out with the riddles, Mechworrior 2 came with a phat book detailing all the mechs, their weapons, etc.

Suffice to say that these games did need these elements to make up for what they lacked in graphics, they did add to the players gaming experience. Additionally, they could be used when the computer was (shock horror) off, or the player was afk (or on the porcelain throne). These extra things were in the standard editions btw coz I don’t think CEs existed back then :P

I think our expectations from game developers has dropped lately. Like, it woulda been nice if my standard copy of half life 2 didn’t just include CDs in a cardboard tray in the game box. At least the game was great so I don’t mind. Plus the CDs aren’t needed to play so probably never pen the box again!

On a diff note It'd be nice to see the fellas who are making the unreal tournament 2004 mod deus ex: reborn which is basically DX1 on the UT 2004 engine get some recognition and possibly have their final version included in the CE of DX3 too…if they finish it by then.

DXeXodus
14th May 2008, 11:21
Alot of these ideas are really cool, and I would consider selling multiple organs in order to have them, but we must face facts here and be realistic.

What I want in a collectors edition:

- Fancy embossed tin casing with a cool game character prodtruding out of slightly - simple and effective
- Something inside that holds the disk properly - Not just a paper sleeve.
- A book including all the concept art etc
- A Deus Ex universe book - The complete DX bible kind of thing
- A 'making of' dvd - full of lots of stuff
- Some sort of little gimmick/toy/figurine/key-ring thing (nothing too fancy)

Thats my 2 credits worth

Fen
14th May 2008, 13:01
I like the LAM idea

Give it the flashing lights and put a magnet on it so I can stick it to my fridge :D

Then if you really wanted to go over the top, you could have a little motion sensor that sets off a beep beep beep noise and a button that you gotta press to disarm. Could be a fun game to play with the ppl u live with. You setup the LAM, and the other person has to be constantly vigilant not get blown up by it. They manage to disarm it without getting blown to pieces, they can covertly set it up somewhere else until after 10 days of paranoia, somone gets blown up at 4am.

Voltaire
14th May 2008, 15:24
A LAM flavoured pedometer or MP3 player (lol LAM-P3) could work. I bet someone could at least mod an iPod case to look like one. Either that or a multitool style mobile-phone skin.

v.dog
15th May 2008, 20:16
Nice idea, but I don't need another MP3 player, and there's too many different phones to cater to them all.

I like paper products like art books, posters, reference guides, backstory novella- that sort of thing.

Gary_Savage
15th May 2008, 21:59
I like the LAM idea

Give it the flashing lights and put a magnet on it so I can stick it to my fridge :D

Then if you really wanted to go over the top, you could have a little motion sensor that sets off a beep beep beep noise and a button that you gotta press to disarm. Could be a fun game to play with the ppl u live with. You setup the LAM, and the other person has to be constantly vigilant not get blown up by it. They manage to disarm it without getting blown to pieces, they can covertly set it up somewhere else until after 10 days of paranoia, somone gets blown up at 4am.

They implement the latter idea (I know that cheap motion sensors are available, and are used to turn on the lights, in restrooms), then I will definitely buy it.

GioChrono
8th Jun 2008, 04:44
I would be up for a collector's edition.
A little JC Denton figure or LAM or the Steath pistol would be pretty damn cool.
Does anyone know if you can get any Deus Ex merchandise like this at all anywhere?

Gio

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee235/Giochrono/Talos_anim_Banner.gif (http://www.thetalosproject.com)

J.CDenton
8th Jun 2008, 09:27
IF there's a collector Edition and I'm pretty sure there will be one, I'll do everything to have it. I'd like to see stuff like:

-A piece of paper showing the specificities of the main character, like some detailled I.D file
-An artbook
-The soundtrack
-The making-of the game
-A Deus Ex Bible with interviews from Warren Spector and the other guys who made the game, explanations about mythology, complete database from the games including characters, weapons, biomods, an historic of the political events which happened, the saga retrospective and of course the secret section showing the major influences and possible little secret.
-A DVD with fake datafiles about some events in the game
-A fake Newspaper explaining the world's situation and hinting about some points in the game
-A fake biomod canister toy or a J.C Denton figure
-If you belong to a specific organisation I'd like the Organisation official badge.
-Deus Ex Mirrorshades, to play your own J.C Denton at home (so that you could try to merge with your own computer or PS3 and become a god)
-I vant alsso der Skull gun to pe aple to plow your oh-pponent'z head juzt with ze mind.

KnightsoftheRound
8th Jun 2008, 11:36
I'd love to have a JC Denton action figure. A faithful replication of how he looked in the original game. I think one modeled after how he looked in the PS2 version of Deus Ex in the ending cinematics would be the best. JC looked really cool in those endings.

Of course if JC Denton isn't in Deus Ex 3 then that might seem a little out of place, but it I think it would definitely be an awesome treat to fans of the original game. I know I'd slap down some extra money for a Collector's Edition if there was something as awesome as a JC Denton action figure!

serene_chaos
8th Jun 2008, 12:24
im pretty sure that even if JC doesnt make an appearance in DX3, he will be pretty much integral to the plot. I think, that Deus Ex as a series is *about* JC Denton, sort of like how Star Wars is about Anakin Skywalker. Even if it's a prequel, itll still ultimately be about JC - how he was created, whatever. but then again, we wont know untill it's released, eh?

Where was I? in that respect, a JC figurine would be entirely appropriate, and also obviously very awesome.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jun 2008, 14:00
LOL, looks like a collectors edition will be popular. :D

We may be serious gamers, but we all like our toys. ;)

GioChrono
8th Jun 2008, 14:06
Hell yeah. My batman statue need an augmented agent to stand next to him in my studio.

Gio

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee235/Giochrono/Talos_anim_Banner.gif (http://www.thetalosproject.com)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jun 2008, 14:14
But shouldn't Batman have his Catwoman, hehe? :p

The latest figurine I purchased was the Big Daddy from the collectors' edition of the "Bioshock" game.
I would have preferred a Little Sister, but they never made one. Oh well... :scratch:

GioChrono
8th Jun 2008, 14:18
I'm still searching for her...

Gio

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jun 2008, 22:06
^
Awww, I hope you find her. :)

Back on topic then. :p

I have finally decided that my personal preference for the collectors edition would be a toy figurine of leading character (a Denton?) OR a figurine of the augmented foetus as seen in the teaser trailer.
I think the former would be very nice but perhaps "might be" a little out-dated now. The latter would be AWESOME and perhaps something more unique! :cool:
Yes, that's what I want... completely decided on that now, hehe. :D

P.S. If a good soundtrack is made, then an audio CD would also be cool.
Hope I don't sound greedy? :whistle:

GioChrono
18th Jun 2008, 23:32
Cheers.

I totally agree with the idea of a 'synth-foetus' model, that would be cool. If they don't release one then I will make my own.

Gio

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2008, 07:16
Oh, you can actually make your own models? Awesome! :cool: :D

Hey, if they don't make one for the collectors' edition... I would definitely buy one from you. ;)
Is it just as easy to make two as it is to make one? :o

Lo Bruto
19th Jun 2008, 08:38
The LAM idea was the best thing I ever saw in these foruns.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2008, 09:06
No, I want the foetus figure!!! :mad: :rasp:

I apologise for my behaviour, it must be the maternal instinct in me to want it so much...lol. :o
:D

GioChrono
19th Jun 2008, 12:00
One way would be to model it on the computer as per my other characters and then send it to a 3D printing company who can laser it into a small resin model and then paint it for you or just paint it yourself.

I could make a similar version of it I suppose in case of any copyright issues.

If not, you can just wait a bit and get some Talos Project merch instead!

Cheers

Gio

Tsumaru
19th Jun 2008, 12:05
I didn't read the second half of all the posts, so I might have missed out on a great idea that someone already said, but so far I'm gonna say that a lot of you have some really elaborate gadgety thoughts which I wouldn't pay $5 for. Personally, I'm not a huge Collector's Edition person so I might be a bit outspoken here. But if I wanted anything, it would include:

-concept art book (preferably kinda large. Not just tiny little things where you can barely see anything. Maybe not like A4 sized sheets either but something where you can really see some detailed imagery. Obviously this means the box would have to be larger; but I've seen a small novel-sized concept art booklet before and was unimpressed)
-an in-depth history booklet; an encyclopedia of sorts. This shouldn't be too hard because most of the info is already collected online; and I'm sure they would have it filed away somewhere too. Basically like the DX Bible published in hardcopy plus all the info we can get from IW (yes, IW too) and DX3
-probably not a "making of" as such; but some interviews and stuff with the designers and all that jazz would be cool. If at all possible, I would love to see an interview with Warren Spector and Harvey Smith about what *they* thought of DX3 after they get a chance to play it.
-soundtrack CD (personally I'm not huge on this because I doubt I'd listen to it; but it's kind of the typical thing to include)
-a gimmicky physical product which CAN be practical if wanted, or also can just sit there as a memento. I'm thinking maybe a bookend. My brother got one for Lord of the Rings in the shape of those huge statues on the sides of the river - the ones with their hands out. The LotR one would probably be cooler; but it's just a general idea. If you have a bookshelf, you can use it. Otherwise it's just a fancy Collector's paperweight. But anything like that which could be useful, or could not be. I'm not really huge on replica toy guns or action figures though. And like the Halo helmet was just *too* huge and useless.

That's what I personally think. Sure it's nothing huge or fancy - but I wouldn't expect to actually pull out a usable product like a USB or lava lamp from a Collector's Edition of a game. Not without them ridiculously overpricing it (which they already tend to do).

GioChrono
19th Jun 2008, 12:25
I would love a concept art book. Although it would be larger and prob cost more than a small model to make and so would prob have to be sold as a separate product anyway.

Gio

gamer0004
19th Jun 2008, 13:03
Artbooks don't have to be expensive. Not much more expensive than a manual.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
19th Jun 2008, 13:13
^
Yes, an art book can be as small as the box itself, with a gatefold design. :cool:

Tsumaru
20th Jun 2008, 00:09
I have no idea what a gatefold design is, but I assume it's one of them there ones which fold out to be big and huge. Kind of like centerfold posters in some magazines? If that was feasible for an entire booklet - that would work very nicely.

Lo Bruto
20th Jun 2008, 08:09
Considering the first two games did not sell extremely well I say no. Keep it simple.

Absolutely right.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jun 2008, 10:15
I have no idea what a gatefold design is, but I assume it's one of them there ones which fold out to be big and huge. Kind of like centerfold posters in some magazines? If that was feasible for an entire booklet - that would work very nicely.

Well, I think a true gatefold design folds out 'length wise' (long, folded strip) rather than into a large centrefold poster format. The width does not increase and stays the same as the size of the game box; it only increases in length.

Hope that explains. :)
Still, it wouldn't matter which way the folds go so long as it fits into the box. ;)

sea
20th Jun 2008, 11:30
Part of me wants a collector's edition. The other part doesn't. Whenever they come out with one, I just have to get it... but it means I have to spend more money and freak out about possibly not getting one. Curse you!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Jun 2008, 12:03
Part of me wants a collector's edition. The other part doesn't. Whenever they come out with one, I just have to get it... but it means I have to spend more money and freak out about possibly not getting one. Curse you!

LOL @ the curse! Sorry! :D

Yeah, I get what you mean but its nice to have the choice of whether to buy a standard copy or pay extra for a collectors' edition.

If you really like the game, its always cool to have the option.
I'm also a Thief fan and they never made a CE... so sad. :( I would love to have a model figurine of Garrett. :cool:

Romeo
20th Jun 2008, 19:05
Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but there's too many damn replies to read. lol

Standard Edition: Game

Collecters Edition: Game, Bonus Content CD, Theme, Soundtrack and a small book full of either details about the world of DX3 (Would be useful for first-time players) or perhaps full of short stories in the Deus Ex universe. Would cost between fifteen and twenty premium over the standard edition. Oh yeah, and a fancy case, that's all the rage these days. Maybe a black case with Deus Ex (In a neon blue) written at the top and a large "3" (also in neon blue) in the center.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jul 2008, 13:18
Love the fancy logo case idea. :)

OMG, I hope they DO make a collectors' edition... they can have my order now, hehe. :D

Butler
28th Jul 2008, 12:49
How a datalink implant? That way you can be called without everyone listening in. Or watch a movie with it.

I like the Augmentation Canister lavalamp idea. Light-blue neon lavalamp.
Or the grenade fridgemagnets/paperweight/phonesleeve/whatever.

And apparel is too geeky for me. Although, I still would by the CE :D

Butler
28th Jul 2008, 13:13
OO!

How about a repairbot mobile phone recharger?

Gizmostuff
28th Jul 2008, 13:32
I'd want a t-shirt, soundtrack, and a big damn poster! I'd pay up to 100 for it...

If it isn't too much trouble for Eidos, perhaps a Stealth Pistol too!
I'd pay extra for that as well :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 13:40
Sssssh! Please don't mention the high price you would pay for a CE. :whistle:
I mean, if we are not careful about how much we say we are willing to spend, it might push the retail price up to an extortionate level! :eek:

LOL :D

Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

jordan_a
28th Jul 2008, 13:49
Please know that we have a thread about merchandising, and this one about the collector's edition.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 13:51
Oh yeah, now reading it again... I guess Gizmostuff was referring to merchandise rather than the CE. :)

His fault... :whistle:

LOL :D

gh0s7
28th Jul 2008, 13:59
Personally, I'd really really like that the CE had a big poster and/or a CD with the soundtrack (in case the music files are encrypted). :D

AaronJ
28th Jul 2008, 16:02
I'm going to buy both the Collector's Edition and a standard.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 16:31
^
Yeah, I can be greedy like that too, hehe. :p :D

Unstoppable
28th Jul 2008, 16:38
I think what the collector's edition could have is some JC Denton sunglasses. Male and Female versions perhaps. That would be really cool.

nullassult
28th Jul 2008, 16:40
check out the fallout3 CE.
http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-3-Amazon-com-Exclusive-Survival/dp/B0017QFX30

i enjoyed the ce for UT3. Aside from the artbook and metal tin it came with a DVD that had the unreal engine toolkit but also an extra DVD with over 10 hours of tutorials on the toolkit, as well as the history of, and a behind the scenes.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 17:03
The Assassin's Creed collectors edition was pretty awesome! :cool:

I believe there was this one and also another one without the figure but with art cards instead.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/assass3.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 17:13
I think what the collector's edition could have is some JC Denton sunglasses. Male and Female versions perhaps. That would be really cool.

Yeah, nice idea but I think having a choice of male or female item wouldn't be practical or cost-effective.

Not practical because that would mean "individual" packaging, sorting and labelling so that buyers know what type of sunglasses were inside the box. Also, not cost-effective because of the financial implications involved in processing those factors as stated above.

If such an item was incorporated into a CE edition, they would probably have to put some kind of voucher/coupon inside and then the buyer would have to go online to order it and state design required etc. Personally, that would put me off (unless the item was mega, mega special) AND I would prefer the goodies to be inside that box, there and then, hehe. :D

Bloodwolf806
8th Aug 2008, 16:28
Why not bundle the CE with a model of a LAM or Multitool or something? Maybe an Aug canister?

Jerion
8th Aug 2008, 20:37
What about an EMP grenade external hard drive/ USB drive? :D

Romeo
8th Aug 2008, 21:20
Hm, based upon what I've seen, it almost looks like there should be a basic, collector and hardcore edition. The Hardcore would cater more to the people looking for the complete over-the-top extras, and the Collector edition would have the few bonus things almost everyone enjoys, such as soundtrack and a "making of" booklet. That way, those who didn't want to be stuck with the basic level could get a better edition, without venturing into the triple-figure territory of top editions.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Aug 2008, 08:32
^ I wonder what the projected price "difference" might be between the over-the-top hardcore edition and the basic collectors edition? :)

Anyway, I doubt that an assortment of CEs would be considered - but I could be wrong. I just doubt it is logistically feasible....?

DXeXodus
12th Aug 2008, 09:14
^ I wonder what the projected price "difference" might be between the over-the-top hardcore edition and the basic collectors edition? :)

I reckon that that for a hardcore edition you will be looking at about twice the price. A collectors edition shouldn't be more than 50% more than the standard edition. That's just my opinion though. Because I am such an avid fan, i would definitely fork out double the standard cost for a hardcore edition.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Aug 2008, 12:17
Yeah, guess I would certainly consider paying twice the price. :)

Romeo
13th Aug 2008, 04:42
Generally you see a $60 tag for the basic, a $10 premium for the Collector's Edition, and about double that for the Hardcore Editions. At least, that is what experience has taught me.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Aug 2008, 08:00
Affordable then, its cool. :cool:

SwDx3
19th Apr 2009, 14:10
Here's a DX3CE concept:

-concept art book (go to DX3 image gallery to understand why)
(should include a description/commentary on the different pieces)
-Behind the scenes DVD-with multiple subjects on producing DX3:
>Design documentary
>Background documentary
>Audio documentary
>Concepts (Characters, World, Story etc) documentary
>Deus Ex Revisited: the team reflections on deus ex, invisible war
and their legacy
(these are suggestions)
-Deus Ex 3 Soundtrack
-A collector's edition item (one or more of the following)
>handbook detailing the game's legacy and production
>a collectible figurine (the fetus, the main character, the villian etc)

This concept reflect my version and wishes for a collector's edition.
anybody has other suggestions or ideas please reply.

AaronJ
20th Apr 2009, 02:39
If it's just art cards and crap like that, I will be supremely disappointed.

GioChrono
20th Apr 2009, 02:56
Don't forget the addition of a possible comic or graphic novel, even if it's not me that makes it ;)

-Gio

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Apr 2009, 23:29
^
That would be cool. :cool:

GioChrono
20th Apr 2009, 23:33
Hell yeah (more so if I get to do it) ;)

-G

Lady_Of_The_Vine
20th Apr 2009, 23:34
Are you trying to drop a hint?!? :p

That would be awesome, I love your work. :cool:

GioChrono
20th Apr 2009, 23:40
Ha, of course not. Just saying, as a fan you know ;)

But thanks of course for your lovely words. Talking of which reminds me I haven't put the last WIP images up on here for Talos...

-G

Capital_G
24th Apr 2009, 15:02
- A pair of sunglasses with a cuban cigar

Gio : I'm the real G ;)

GioChrono
24th Apr 2009, 17:28
Well I'm the only one in Kent, England as far as I know.

-Gio

Coliphorbs
24th Apr 2009, 18:09
I really, really liked the "Newspaper" that came with Deus Ex 1. I can't remember if it was as part of a CE or GOTY edition.

Ice1019
15th May 2009, 08:21
I'm a total sucker for Collector's Editions. I still remember the newspaper that came with the original Deus Ex, I think it was the GOTY edition, but don't quote me on that. I think the best inclusions would be an art book and maybe a soundtrack CD. Figurines almost always have problems. The Bioshock Big Daddy figurines were almost all broken after they dropped the shipping container containing most of them, and the Fallout 3 Pipboys were a disaster as well. I actually bought that thing, and it broke after about a week. Something that doesn't break easily I think will do just fine. I also really like it when the box-art is in universe, and I think Deus Ex could totally pull that off, like maybe a MJ-12 mini-briefcase or something.

Ninjerk
16th May 2009, 19:18
http://www.arcade-electronics.com/platt/06488oc.jpg

Someone photoshop a DX3 logo on it.

Jables_Kage
21st May 2009, 20:09
all for a DX3 SE somthing like the BAA SE would be nice some life size gizmo on a stand would be cool!

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/4/1/7/341708ss1_502w.jpg

KSingh77
21st May 2009, 23:16
Paper weight lam would be nice,the shades.the trench coat.

How about a replica of the GEP gun.

GmanPro
22nd May 2009, 01:15
A GEP gun water-gun would be lol

Jerion
22nd May 2009, 02:55
A GEP gun water-gun would be lol

a water gun? Pleeease. Make it a paintball cannon.

GmanPro
22nd May 2009, 04:08
^^ That wouldn't be so much lol as it would be pro.

Daedalus Ciarán
24th May 2009, 14:32
LAM paperweight is a genius idea. Shades and a DX Bible/History book are great ideas as well. I'd like to see an updated DX1 thrown in as well. You could just hire the guys who're currently modding to do the work full time and release the updated Deus Ex. I still have two copies of the original but just for kicks it'd be nice to see it updated. Soundtrack and behind the scenes stuff is practically standard at this point even in games. The casing for it should be a plastic Augmentation Canister. No silly suitcases for me thank you very much.

Jerion
24th May 2009, 17:16
The casing for it should be a plastic Augmentation Canister. No silly suitcases for me thank you very much.

And here we have a winning idea!

Xesum
24th May 2009, 19:01
I'd love a JC Denton Action Figure.

Ninjerk
25th May 2009, 05:22
LAM paperweight is a genius idea. Shades and a DX Bible/History book are great ideas as well. I'd like to see an updated DX1 thrown in as well. You could just hire the guys who're currently modding to do the work full time and release the updated Deus Ex. I still have two copies of the original but just for kicks it'd be nice to see it updated. Soundtrack and behind the scenes stuff is practically standard at this point even in games. The casing for it should be a plastic Augmentation Canister. No silly suitcases for me thank you very much.

A 3d LAM refrigerator magnet would be better, I think.

Romeo
26th May 2009, 22:31
I want something in-game... Like... A gold pair of sunglasses. And a purple cigarette. lol

BlazeL
29th May 2009, 04:04
UNATCO Handbook, anybody?

It wouldn't be that far from DX3 like let's say JCD action figure :blööööö: or something like that, because "the events in the game will lead to the formation of UNATCO from the original game" So, it would be like a little tought-provoking thing, as its parts are in Deus Ex after the first playthrought, because if really the events of the game will lead to creation of UNATCO [Is that correct, anyways? It's from the wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex_3#Teaser_trailer), but i can't find it in other places to verify...], than even first timers should know that the whole thing is just clever propaganda. But still, it would be a nice nod to all of the fans of the first game, too.

I dont like toys and other stuff in CE's, just books or materials that extends the gameworld (like DX newspapeer, quality manuals with lots of background info etc.), so basically i'm happy with a better (tin) box. I liked the way of BioShock in this regard, there was a usual dvd case edition, a tin case edition and the collectors edition with the figurine; but you could download the soundtrack/artbook from their site without buying CE. Something like this would be fine.

GmanPro
29th May 2009, 04:09
How about a UNATCO mouse pad? Could probably do a VersaLife one too

OuttaZyme
29th May 2009, 06:21
How about a Bob Page bobblehead?

Or an art book called "Destroyed Continuity?"

A Stanton Dowd plush doll, complete with scratch-and-sniff armpits.

Or a t-shirt with the phrase "I got your medkit right here!" below the DX3 logo.

GmanPro
29th May 2009, 06:24
Or a t-shirt with the phrase "I got your medkit right here!" below the DX3 logo.

This ftw

How about a vial of ambrosia? Maybe like a lava lamp or something.

Jerion
29th May 2009, 06:24
How about a UNATCO mouse pad? Could probably do a VersaLife one too

What about a versalife messenger bag? :nut:

Irate_Iguana
29th May 2009, 06:37
What about a versalife messenger bag? :nut:

Bad idea. Before you know it you'll get eaten by Karkians after being trapped in a collapsed tunnel.

Ashpolt
29th May 2009, 08:48
How about a Bob Page bobblehead?

O-ho!

Yes, this was the best post ever.

rokstrombo
29th May 2009, 11:10
I wouldn't really want any toys with Deus Ex 3. In fact I would prefer to just download the game and not have any boxes or DVDs gathering dust and taking up valuable space.

If I did buy the retail version, how about a René action figure (complete with detachable beard)? You pull the little cord on his back and he explains "The industry as a whole has grown up...". Gamers are sick to death of all these Orcs, and Master Chiefs, and Marios etc. We want the characters behind the characters. Who's with me? :D

Ashpolt
29th May 2009, 13:05
If I did buy the retail version, how about a René action figure (complete with detachable beard)? You pull the little cord on his back and he explains "The industry as a whole has grown up...". Gamers are sick to death of all these Orcs, and Master Chiefs, and Marios etc. We want the characters behind the characters. Who's with me? :D

Seconded. I suggest, however, that 49 of every 50 times you pull the cord, he should say "I really want to tell you about that, because it's awesome, but I can't right now." He can come with accessories too - an invisible devblog, for instance!

René, we kid because we love. :D

René
29th May 2009, 14:22
Oh, my feelings are hurt! I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight! Hehe, seriously though I don't blame you for those comments. I'm guilty but it comes from a good place...I want to continue posting even if I don't have anything new say. Speaking of which, have you guys heard about health regen? JOKING!! :D

Bono
29th May 2009, 15:19
Well at least guys at EM can laugh at themselves :)

Jerion
29th May 2009, 18:08
Well at least guys at EM can laugh at themselves :)

Oh, you have no idea. :lol:

Digerati
29th May 2009, 19:36
I would be interested in a nice boxed set that includes all 3 games, the first two being fully patched; kinda like the "orange box".

I have used the first two games and can get them working on Windows 7 and @ 1920x1200 but it would be nice if Eidos made it easier.

thomasaquinas
30th May 2009, 06:26
Of course, he's about the only one that finds it funny.

Frraksurred
30th May 2009, 12:38
My idea of a Collector's set will always revolve around content. Figurines are for kids. :rasp: I like Digerati's idea, although if I ever see DE2 again it will be too soon. I'd love to see Deus Ex ported to the new engine (ala Half-Life: Source) with Win7 compatibility and widescreen support. Then some ambitious mod team can do a full recreation (ala Black Mesa Source). :nut:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th May 2009, 19:47
I would be interested in a nice boxed set that includes all 3 games, the first two being fully patched; kinda like the "orange box".

As someone else cleverly suggested, it should be "The Lemon Lime Box". :D

AaronJ
31st May 2009, 01:22

Hahaha, excellent.

GmanPro
31st May 2009, 01:31
Lol, that's great :lol:

Irate_Iguana
31st May 2009, 09:39

They should call it the Orange Box but the packaging would have to be Lemon-Lime.

Holodoctor
1st Jun 2009, 01:43
I'd love to see Linux Binaries in the Collectors Edition.

thomasaquinas
1st Jun 2009, 08:10
It would be appropriately poetic as well - given then most of us here are not really getting what we want from this game.

Malah
1st Jun 2009, 08:33
They should call it the Orange Box but the packaging would have to be Lemon-Lime.

:thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jun 2009, 08:51
It would be appropriately poetic as well - given then most of us here are not really getting what we want from this game.

Say what?! Have you been given access to a copy of the game before us? :eek: :scratch:

Malah
1st Jun 2009, 09:25
Say what?! Have you been given access to a copy of the game before us? :eek: :scratch:
Stop pandering to The Man.

Jerion
1st Jun 2009, 20:19
She's not pandering to The Man. If she was doing that it would be much, MUCH more fanboi-esque.

Ashpolt
1st Jun 2009, 23:29
If she was doing that it would be much, MUCH more fanboi-esque.

No disrespect here, but is that even possible? Literally everything Eidos Montreal have said regarding Deus Ex 3 - everything - has been met by MyImmortal's approval, even things which are surely inherently bad news, such as "there's not going to be any new info for a good while."

I'm not attacking MyImmortal's views or her rights to have them, I'm just stating that I do not see any way she could possibly be more fangirl-esque about DX3. No judgement, no criticism, just observation.

Jerion
2nd Jun 2009, 01:25
No disrespect here, but is that even possible? Literally everything Eidos Montreal have said regarding Deus Ex 3 - everything - has been met by MyImmortal's approval, even things which are surely inherently bad news, such as "there's not going to be any new info for a good while."

I'm not attacking MyImmortal's views or her rights to have them, I'm just stating that I do not see any way she could possibly be more fangirl-esque about DX3. No judgement, no criticism, just observation.

She's a very upbeat woman, who refuses to be gotten down by what is almost universally considered bad news. Her post, which Malah responded to, is somewhat representative of that, but its more a simple comeback to aquinas's negative post than a (GO EIDOS RAH RAH RAH!). Heh. And consider that, if MyImmortal is an EM fangirl, thomasaquinas can only be considered an EM anti-fanboy. I think its a little funny how he seems acceptable by the community, yet according to some she isn't. I wonder, would her post have warranted Malah's comment if she was not a Moderator? No judgement here, no criticism, just observation.

thomasaquinas
2nd Jun 2009, 06:40
Say what?! Have you been given access to a copy of the game before us? :eek: :scratch:You're pretty much the last person in the Universe that gets to tell anyone they don't have adequate information to draw negative conclusions, when you have apparently used precisely the same level of available data to conclude the game will be a masterpiece. We don't have enough information to say anything negative about the game, but have more than enough to say positive things about it? What?

thomasaquinas' negative post
So, the majority here are getting what they want then? Did I say something factually inaccurate?
Facts, even ones we'd all rather were not true, can't really be used as examples of negative bias.

I think its a little funny how he seems acceptable by the community, yet according to some she isn't.
Probably has something to do with my position actually being supported. You know, with like arguments - counterpoints, and the like. Sometimes even presented along with examples of what I mean from history.

MyImmortal's position is essentially summed up by "The game will be good because I need to be positive". Which is a nice philosophy, but it doesn't really tell us anything about the sort of quality we could reasonably expect from the game.

Just a thought.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 07:14
Some of you boys are too funny. :D
I shall continue to express my opinions as I wish, not as you think I should. :p
Please do continue to express yours, of course... but perhaps learn to laugh now and again and not take things so seriously, huh? I don't take you too seriously, I'm sure you can tell. ;)

MrK, thank you for your support. But, surprise surprise, now they attack you, and I wouldn't want that.
Just ignore the lil' critters. I love them really... I just feel compelled to stroke and soothe them to help them calm down and feel better about themselves. :naughty:

Too cute. :)

Anyway, back on topic then. Collectors' Edition...

Jerion
2nd Jun 2009, 07:34
MrK, thank you for your support. But, surprise surprise, now they attack you, and I wouldn't want that.

Eh, I don't mind. Such attacks nothing more than a mild irritation, like a fly buzzing around my ear. I don't get worried until the big, real problems happen.

But yes, Collector's Edition stuff.

Gimme a T-Shirt, OST, Art Book, and a custom poster (one that you can't buy at the EM store) in the CE and you've got something.

Ashpolt
2nd Jun 2009, 09:35
I shall continue to express my opinions as I wish, not as you think I should.

See:

No-one's attacking Mr K. Personally, I think he's a great mod, and in the time I've been here he's had more of a positive impact on this little community than anyone else that I've seen - yes, he is overall positive about the game (which is fine - commendable in fact!) and that is broadly opposite to my (and seemingly the majority on here's) views, but contrary to what you seem to think, that does not automatically make me dislike or "attack" him, because a) he actually backs up his points - even before his visit to Eidos, he presented and well balanced and reasoned view - and b) he's not afraid to admit when there's something he doesn't like. He is, in short, a person rather than walking, PR-spewing automaton.

As far as I can tell, despite your positivity about the game, your presence on these boards has had a vastly more negative effect than a positive one. Walking around, waving your arms in the air and shouting "everything's fine" does not reassure people that everything's fine unless you can explain why everything's fine. If Gordon Brown just came out and said "Oh, the economy? Don't worry about it, it's all sorted" would you feel better? No, you'd want to know exactly why he was saying things were better. Now imagine hearing that response, and nothing else, every time you said anything vaguely negative about the economy. It'd get grating pretty quickly, wouldn't it? Don't believe me? Take a look at the evidence - how often do your comments spark arguments on here? I know you'll say "it's not me starting them, it's you" but look at Mr. K - how often to his (broadly positive) comments start arguments? Virtually never. The same can be said for Romeo, DXExodus and even René - and he's the PR guy, if anyone should be inciting the irritation of the "negative" crowd, it's him, but he doesn't - because, as above, he posts as a person rather than just toeing the company line (even though that's what he's paid to do.) No one is asking you to be negative about the game - and no one ever has, as far as I've seen - we're just asking you to actually show some indication of the fact that you are capable of thinking for yourself, rather than just taking whatever EM PR say and repeating it verbatim. I realise you're trying to make the community a more positive place - not necessarily more positive about the game, but more positive in mood - but you're having exactly the opposite effect.

Finally, I say this without apology: the "don't take things too seriously :D" response is the sole preserve of, and usually the last resort of, those who are incapable of thinking of a better response.

SageSavage
2nd Jun 2009, 09:59
Probably has something to do with my position actually being supported. You know, with like arguments - counterpoints, and the like. Sometimes even presented along with examples of what I mean from history.

Actually the majority of your comments has been overly polemic and accusing while MyImmortal's comments are indeed overly optimistic, IMO. You both represent the extreme opposite positions in this forums and you should both accept that as a fact instead of expecting one side to "win". The nature of critics is that they are a pain in the ass and the nature of the supporters is that they lift the spirits by pointing the good things out. Ideally both sides contribute to an overall constructive atmosphere in the community. Right now, it's not possible to be very constructive because there's a severe lack of information about the game itself so all this chatter is just getting annoying and tiresome for everyone here.

Now you can hate on me.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 11:40
@ Ashpolt.

Well, this gets funnier. I nearly choked on my coffee reading your response. :D

Let me explain to you in simple terms so you understand, and as briefly as I can because I don't really wish to spend too much time talking about "ME", as much as I do normally enjoy being the centre of attention. :p

I am here to help EM moderate this forum, and I am here as a fan of the DX game. I am not here to answer to your shortcomings or insecurities, jealousies, your ego, or anything else that might be the cause of your little tantrum attack. You say that I never say anything against the game which is far from the truth. I have stated many times that I am not into health regen, for example, BUT that it does work for some games, just depends. I am one of those people who prefer to wait and see, I feel that I am unable to judge something I have no experience of.
If anything, I am pretty neutral over most things rather than over-positive. Whereas some prefer to be over-negative, or wish to complain about lack of news, I hold an opposite view. Its called being my own person. Same for everyone really - we can all express our personal thoughts and opinions. Haven't you enjoyed doing so? Believe it or not, the mods can express their thoughts too. Wow!
Seriously, its just no big deal to me if some of you want to be over-negative about DX3, so don't let it be a big deal for you, that I have an opposite view. I'm not the only one.

This has absolutely nothing to do with being incapable of a better response - do you think I am not an intelligent person, lol. It is a short, flippant response, I admit, but its because I cannot be too bothered to spend much time on this matter. All this off-topic discussion is completely irrelevant. This forum is about DX3, not me. I think you forget. I mean, seriously, you need to get over any hang-ups. If I wish to say something positive, neutral or negative about DX3, then I shall. Just as everyone else has the freedom to do. Believe me, no matter what you say, I shall continue to enjoy the exact same liberty you have... and respond to threads/posts as I wish. If you don't like what I say, then simply ignore my post and move on to the next one. You don't need to respond.
Easy solution all round. ;)

Now can we get back on topic. Thank you.
If you have any questions, please PM me.

Ashpolt
2nd Jun 2009, 13:34
Now can we get back on topic. Thank you.
If you have any questions, please PM me.

A.K.A: "I've had the last word, and I want it to stay that way."

Doesn't work that way. You want it off the boards? Say so via PM, without having to have the public "last word." Yes, I'm aware I'm doing the same thing, but I'm not the one trying to take the moral high ground here.

I am here to help EM moderate this forum, and I am here as a fan of the DX game. I am not here to answer to your shortcomings or insecurities, jealousies, your ego, or anything else that might be the cause of your little tantrum attack.

You presume a hell of a lot, don't you? None of that is relevant - or correct. It's just useless fluff put in to try and make yourself look better without actually addressing the point at hand. Much like your "oh this is so funny! ^_^" comments.

You say that I never say anything against the game which is far from the truth. I have stated many times that I am not into health regen, for example, BUT that it does work for some games, just depends. I am one of those people who prefer to wait and see, I feel that I am unable to judge something I have no experience of. If anything, I am pretty neutral over most things rather than over-positive. Whereas some prefer to be over-negative, or wish to complain about lack of news, I hold an opposite view.

So you say one minute, but the next you will be saying you think it's a good thing. You change your viewpoint to suit the situation - not just on health regen but on pretty much everything being discussed here. Want an example? Look at the thread about E3. Your view changes from:

When we think there's going to be news:
"Yay! I can't wait to hear the news."

EM say "We're not going to show anything at E3 because we want to make sure it's perfect before we show it:
"I'm glad they're not showing anything, it would be bad for them to show anything before it's perfect."

Someone posts an article suggesting Deus Ex 3 may be at E3 after all:
"Yay! I can't wait to hear the news!"

Another example? How about every time you say "we don't have enough information judge Deus Ex 3 yet" and then, sometimes in your very next post, talk about how brilliant it's going to be? Give me time, and I could come up with a dozen examples of this, if not more.

Its called being my own person. Same for everyone really - we can all express our personal thoughts and opinions. Haven't you enjoyed doing so? Believe it or not, the mods can express their thoughts too. Wow! Seriously, its just no big deal to me if some of you want to be over-negative about DX3, so don't let it be a big deal for you, that I have an opposite view. I'm not the only one.

See (again:)

If you want to be positive about the game that's fine by me. Mr K's positive about the game, and as I've said before, I think he's a great mod. This isn't about whether you are positive about the game or not, it's about how you show that. You want to stop all these arguments that surround you? (And it's not just me that's arguing, is it?) Then start showing you have some shred of intelligence. Respond to the points people make, not to some imaged neuroses or dreamt-up attack on your right to post. Want to take the moral high ground? Then do it, rather than making an ad-hominem post and then telling people to stop.

This has absolutely nothing to do with being incapable of a better response - do you think I am not an intelligent person, lol.

I think an intelligent person would've put a question mark at the end of that sentence. I also think an intelligent person would be capable of supporting their views, rather than launching into an ad hominem response whenever they're asked to do so. An intelligent person would be able to read something the first time it's posted to her, never mind the second (and undoubtedly after this message, the third.) And they'd be able to think beyond what is immediately in front of them, and draw likely conclusions on what is going on behind the immediately obvious.

The bottom line is you're incapable of defending your viewpoints, so you lash out at others with ad-hominem responses and irrelevant "fluff." You abuse your power on these boards - you're a moderator when it suits you, but "a normal poster like anyone else" when it doesn't. Worse than this though, you're a hypocrite, doing exactly what you're constantly accusing other people of doing. This is not behaviour befitting a moderator.

thomasaquinas
2nd Jun 2009, 14:22
Some examples (novel idea in an argument, I know) of the above.
...nothing more than a mild irritation, like a fly buzzing around my ear...

[...]you boys are too funny[...]I don't take you too seriously[...]ignore the lil' critters[...]
feel compelled to stroke and soothe them to help them calm down and feel better about themselves[...]too cute[...] Let me explain to you in simple terms so you understand[...]I am not here to answer to your shortcomings[...]little tantrum attack[...]Now you get all sensitive[...]I would have to agree this is not befitting of a moderator.

Say, do you remember a few months ago how moderators were sending out emails to various people (in fact at least one poster was banned - CarloGervasi) because the tone of their posts were deemed too condescending?

How ironic.

Wait, which party is supposed to have the inflated egos, again?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 14:32
Wait, which party is supposed to have the inflated egos, again?

Nope, I'm just showing some compassion, that is all. :)

@ ashpolt:
Wow, I don't get what the problem is but it sounds like something is ruffling your feathers.

Why do you assume its AKA 'I've had the last word, and I want it to stay that way'.
How childish you are. If that was what I wanted, I would have simply locked the thread. No? ;)
I asked you kindly to PM me if you have further questions and to return on topic because this thread is about the DX3 Collectors Edition. As I have said, it isn't about "me". But I appreciate the attention you shower on me, nevertheless. :)
Seriously, you need to calm down. It has nothing to do with moral high ground. Lighten up. :p

No, I haven't changed my mind in your examples. I'm just looking forward to hearing more news. If it is forthcoming, great. If it isn't, fair enough. :cool:
Sure, I have already said we don't have enough information to judge Deus EX 3 yet. Yes, I am positive and I like to talk about how brilliant it's going to be.
So, your point is? I don't get what you are trying to compare. :scratch: There is no change of mind on my part. I have kept the same point of view from the start.

"All these arguments"? What/where are all these arguments? There is only YOURS.

As for your comments on my intelligence. I don't have to prove anything to you. It is one thing for anyone to have a good mind, the most important thing is that we can use it well. For example, I can separate between on-topic discussion and personal discussion, you obviously cannot.
Finally, on your moderator comments. If you seriously think I behave in a way that doesn't befit my position, then please report it to admin immediately. Sounds the most sensible and intelligent way to go.

Now, I will ask again if you can let this thread return to topic. Thank you.

WhatsHisFace
2nd Jun 2009, 16:06
I have never seen so many emoticons in one post.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 16:22
I have never seen so many emoticons in one post.

Cute, huh?
But even if you squeezed them all together, they would still amount to less pixel space than that huge "in your face" emoticon I've seen you use, hehe. :rasp:
Which is funny, by the way. Always makes me laugh, that one. :D

thomasaquinas
2nd Jun 2009, 22:39
Nope, I'm just showing some compassion, that is all. :)You can spin it that way if you want, but it was particularly condescending. How you can have the gall to proceed to call others childish after that display, I can only imagine. Calling peopel childish in the manner that you did, was itself, childish. It read like you thought of us as small children with developmental issues, whose hands you were required to hold. I find that profoundly odd considering your'e addressing this to people who are notably more coherent, articulate, and able to defend their position than you are.

Mr K's comment was just as infantile.
Aannnnddd we still wait for our points to actually be addressed, rather than met with dismissive egoism on Mr K's part, and patronising ad hominems and rhetoric on yours.

I still don't get all this "I have the right to this and that" stuff that's gets consistantly thrown around in insecurity, either. I wasn't aware that by enquiring about the arguments that lead you to your conclusions we were in fact legislating against your freedom of speech. These are two different things... Regardless "I have the right to do X" is a non-argument anyway: I have the legal right to do a plethora of different things, but I generally don't do them solely because they're not illegal. There generally needs to be some kind of logical underpinning that would compel me to an action, or an opinion in this cas. Which is, you know, what we're asking about. Clearly, wer'e all actually aware that you have freedom of speech.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jun 2009, 23:33
Wow! Now you get all sensitive over the fact that I do hold genuine affection for you guys! What's wrong with "lil' critters"? :scratch:
I mean, seriously! Perhaps I should have used the word 'troll' instead? Would that be acceptable then? I believe this word is usually a favourite for you. So, yeah, just read it as 'trolls' if you like. Whatever words you recognise and won't become offended by. I'm more than happy to accommodate a change of vocabulary to that of your own.

I'm glad you are actually aware that I have freedom of speech. That's good. Hopefully we won't have any more problems and we can move on. :thumb:

Still so off topic though. Lets leave it at that now, otherwise I will just have to delete irrelevant posts from now on.
I expect you will complain about that too... but its part of my job and I can make no apology for it.

This thread is about "DX3 Collectors' Edition'. Thank you. :)

Daedalus Ciarán
3rd Jun 2009, 11:49
Sweet merciful Christ we need more information so that people latch on to topics properly. You know, instead of them all sliding into the same argument between the same five people with the same sides with the same points and the same exact accusations being thrown around. I swear to god I think you could just copy and paste posts from other discussions and no-one would notice 'cause none of you are really reading what the other's writing. You disagree, welcome to the world, get over it.

Anyway, I personally want to see a book on the various biological innovations in the DX franchise written by Bio-chemical scientists and Physicists. It ought to be about the realities of Nano-technology and what would happen within the body, what would happen to the human race, if the technologies were implemented. How far away are these technologies? And maybe another book from philosophers regarding what makes us human and does the inclusion of foreign materials, which alter the way the body works, make us less human? Is humanity inherently tied to being a biologically natural? Perhaps there could be a scientific definition of a human from a Doctor or Zoologist at the start to get us thinking.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 15:49
You disagree, welcome to the world, get over it.
Absolutely my point. Thank you, my good man. :thumb:

Anyway, I personally want to see a book on the various biological innovations in the DX franchise written by Bio-chemical scientists and Physicists. It ought to be about the realities of Nano-technology and what would happen within the body, what would happen to the human race, if the technologies were implemented. How far away are these technologies? And maybe another book from philosophers regarding what makes us human and does the inclusion of foreign materials, which alter the way the body works, make us less human? Is humanity inherently tied to being a biologically natural? Perhaps there could be a scientific definition of a human from a Doctor or Zoologist at the start to get us thinking.

Yeah, I like that idea. It would certainly bring an added element of realism to nano-technology.
We also have a separate transhumanism thread on this forum too, which has interesting content. :)

serrath
3rd Jun 2009, 16:49
Off-Topic (To MyImmortal and that general subtopic)

Wow! Now you get all sensitive over the fact that I do hold genuine affection for you guys! What's wrong with "lil' critters"? :scratch:
I mean, seriously! Perhaps I should have used the word 'troll' instead? Would that be acceptable then? I believe this word is usually a favourite for you. So, yeah, just read it as 'trolls' if you like.

Please don't sink to our level. Just delete posts and lock threads, you can't cure idiocy through the internet, you have to do it in person like in Of Mice and Men.
(And apparently spoiler tags don't hide the text...)

On-Topic:

Now then. For a collector's edition box, we should have the full soundtrack, maybe some bonus tracks, the game, a folded up poster of some concept art (2-sided), a fake newspaper clipping about Aug politics, a handwritten apology from an Eidos-Montreal member for making us suffer (preferably from Rene), and a pint of blood & a pound of flesh from the place of your choosing from the Eidos-Montreal member of your choosing.

Okay, but seriously, a newspaper clipping or some metal replica of an ingame object would do nicely. (Or perhaps a little metal punch-out lock-picking kit?)

http://www.projectdesigns.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/1809311102_85cf4b871f.jpg

Lady_Of_The_Vine
3rd Jun 2009, 17:08
Off Topic

Yeah, I hear what you say, but it is not sinking to their level if you must obviously reply to what has been said. Sometimes it is difficult to avoid continuation... even your reply and my reply continues to be off topic, hehe. However, it is wonderfully civil, which makes off-topic convo perfectly acceptable, of course. ;)
But you are absolutely right and from now on I am going to delete any irrelevant posts. I have deleted two of thommy's already due to the fact that he was unable to stop himself. Everyone has a right to their opinions and if I see anyone viciously pouncing on someone else just because they have a positive point of view, I'm going to warn or ban immediately. No more Ms Nice Girl from me and trying to explain the situation. Some people are beyond reasoning, it really is a lost cause. I've learned that lesson, for sure. Thank you. :)

Back On Topic
I really love your CE ideas and the lock kit really rocks - it would fit perfectly into the box! :cool:

SageSavage
4th Jun 2009, 11:05
@thomasaquinas:
It is not fair to accuse a moderator of unwarranted use of power when she warned you three times (or even more often) to not continue a personal dispute in a thread about a collector's edition. It is fully legitimate although it actually is a pretty unfortunate mixing of roles in this special case.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
4th Jun 2009, 14:45
Don't worry, Fox. I'm just taking the advice of others here and will just delete all of his irrelevant posts as they are off topic and of no interest to either myself or anyone else. Deleting is the best way to go. :)

As for thommy's suggestion that I abuse my powers, ignore this too. If this was the case I'd have banned his butt by now, hehe. But if he can't control himself, I will be forced to ban him. At least everyone else knows that he had plenty of warnings.

Thank you for your support. :flowers:

serrath
5th Jun 2009, 05:48
I'll take that as a vote for the metal punch-out lockpicking kit.
(Which would incidentally make it illegal to carry a copy of DX3 CE with the intent to pick a lock...)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jun 2009, 08:00
Yes, yes, I vote yes for that lockpick kit. :thumb:

Though, I will admit that if I had a choice, I would opt more for an art booklet or figurine.

DXeXodus
5th Jun 2009, 12:04
Give us a stutue of Liberty Bobble-head... Just for irony's sake :D

(Naturally the head will have to be removable)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jun 2009, 20:00
Do you like bobble-heads?
Just curious, some people collect them. :)

I was out in my car today and was queued behind another driver who had about twenty of them nodding up and down on his rear window shelf. :D

KSingh77
8th Jun 2009, 04:33
I would like a pair of hi-tech shades with build in interface if AJ's shade's has that.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jun 2009, 08:45
Yeah, the shades idea seems to be a popular one. :)

serrath
9th Jun 2009, 03:01
Problem with the shades is they wanna put less than $5 worth, preferably less than $2 worth in the CE box and mark it up $10-$20 bucks. Any sunglasses you found in a box like that would disappoint you. A lot. They'd disappoint my 5-year-old. And I don't even have a 5-year-old.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jun 2009, 07:00
Yeah, very good point there.
On that note, the shades are NOT going to happen, guys. :p

I'm sticking with a figurine or art book.

Lo Bruto
9th Jun 2009, 07:25
Give me the GEP Gun.

DXeXodus
9th Jun 2009, 11:27
I think we are more likely to receive a pet greasel. ;)

The chances are, if there is indeed going to be a CE, that we would reveive an art book and an extra disk with stuff on it. And either a little figurine or a T-shirt.

I just really dont think they should include any "in-game" items in the CE. The game should be the same for everyone IMO.

SageSavage
9th Jun 2009, 16:25

The chances are, if there is indeed going to be a CE, that we would reveive an art book and an extra disk with stuff on it. And either a little figurine or a T-shirt.

I just really dont think they should include any "in-game" items in the CE. The game should be the same for everyone IMO.

No to in-game items but also no to artbooks! I think an artbook is something you usually look at once or twice and then it's never to be seen again somewhere in ones bookshelf (until the next move). I want something that offers more bang for the buck, something that is unique and that can't be easily duplicated and downloaded in digital form.

serrath
9th Jun 2009, 17:08
I want something that offers more bang for the buck, something that is unique and that can't be easily duplicated and downloaded in digital form.

And that's another vote for...

http://www.projectdesigns.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/1809311102_85cf4b871f.jpg

SageSavage
9th Jun 2009, 18:18
I like it but it's too risky because of certain restrictions in some countries. Apart from that, I actually own a set of good lock picking tools... Tried this as a hobby but lost interest after a while.

serrath
9th Jun 2009, 22:08
Bah, just ship the CE in the USA.

Pete278
10th Jun 2009, 15:58
We in Australia are hurt by your prejudice :(.

Ashpolt
10th Jun 2009, 18:20
We in Australia are hurt by your prejudice :(.

I represent the entirety of England and we are also hurt.

serrath
10th Jun 2009, 23:22
Okay, I sincerely apologize to Australia and to America Jr.

And really, it's only illegal in the U.K. and Poland. (And in U.K. it's for carrying them without reason.)

Daedalus Ciarán
11th Jun 2009, 11:47

On behalf of Irish people everywhere an apology is demanded. If one is not delivered than your nation shall be infested by our people and all your jobs stolen. This will all be done while you're being charmed by our Irish accents, amused by our drunken antics and confused by our Irish phraseology.

Then your Collector's Editions shall be ours.

serrath
11th Jun 2009, 15:57
On behalf of Irish people everywhere an apology is demanded. If one is not delivered than your nation shall be infested by our people and all your jobs stolen. This will all be done while you're being charmed by our Irish accents, amused by our drunken antics and confused by our Irish phraseology.

Then your Collector's Editions shall be ours.

Uh... well the Northern Irish can have CE, being separate from the UK and all...

But you're forgetting; America's the melting pot. We take foreigners and melt them down to make Manifest Destiny and bottle it for consumption. Your beer and accents are welcome though, thank god for the Irish...

Ashpolt
11th Jun 2009, 18:06
But you're forgetting; America's the melting pot. We take foreigners and melt them down to make Manifest Destiny and bottle it for consumption. Your beer and accents are welcome though, thank god for the Irish...

By "America's the melting pot" do you mean "America is the Borg"? The second half of your post sure sounds like it....

"We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

serrath
11th Jun 2009, 20:28
Ashpolt, you're coming close to knowing too much. Watch your step.

Daedalus Ciarán
12th Jun 2009, 13:33
Uh... well the Northern Irish can have CE, being separate from the UK and all...

Northern Ireland isn't separate from the UK... That sort of stuff can get you killed in the wrong part of the country. And I'm being completely and utterly serious on that one. You mean the Republic.

But back to the joking. If you want great beer, get German. Irish beer is just donkey piss. Or horse... I forget which.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Jun 2009, 00:09

That's exactly what I want. :D

DXeXodus
25th Jun 2009, 11:22
Wouldn't it just be awesome?!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Jun 2009, 12:20
I'm just a girly at heart and like to cuddle up to things, even greasels. :D

Samuele
2nd Aug 2009, 15:28
It would be nice to get a book with illustrated art-works of Deus Ex 3, plus a "fetus" model, and the "DX" model that rotate and emmits elecrtic lights!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Aug 2009, 19:25
^ Yes, very cool indeed. :cool:

xsamitt
14th Mar 2010, 12:37
I feel that a Limited version of DX would be terrific.A figure would be great of the AJ.Full size art book.Music CD.Making of DVD with footage of the voice actors doing there thing.With Rene as host along with Warren Spector telling us something anything,maybe get into his inspiration for the creation of the DX world.

ZIGS
14th Mar 2010, 14:50
Modern Warfare 2 included NV goggles, I say we take it a step further: a DIY kit to augment your vision :)

Malah
14th Mar 2010, 15:35
Modern Warfare 2 included NV goggles, I say we take it a step further: a DIY kit to augment your vision :)

http://i41.tinypic.com/20k3lhg.jpg

(minigame - where is that picture from?)

Decay
15th Mar 2010, 11:42
I wanna Meggie Chow like call girl, dressed similarly...

Cylinder_1024
15th Mar 2010, 19:52
What I would like to see in the CE version:
A "fetus" model (what would be really sweet if it had USB powered LEDs)
Art book
Bonus disk and soundtrack
All in a nice CE tin

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Mar 2010, 15:56
The FAQ's thread has been update under 'Miscellaneous'.
It has been confirmed that a Collectors Edition is indeed planned for DX:HR.

xsamitt
30th Mar 2010, 11:34
This is good news.I hope it will for the PC they don't scrimp out.A lot of companies as of late make the collectors series only for the dreaded consoles.That would be a real slap in the face to those of us PC users who have been following DX for the past 3 years.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Mar 2010, 22:25
I can't wait to find out what goodies will be in the CE edition. Hopefully we'll get some news on content soon. :)

St. Mellow
31st Mar 2010, 20:36
The FAQ's thread has been update under 'Miscellaneous'.
It has been confirmed that a Collectors Edition is indeed planned for DX:HR.

Pretty much a no-brainer considering it's practically a rule in today's industry, but it's good to know it's confirmed nonetheless.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Mar 2010, 22:07
;1344557']... but it's good to know it's confirmed nonetheless.

Yes, it is. :)

Decay
6th Jun 2010, 08:32
Or a normal edition but to Poland? As there are availble pre-orders for France and Germany I believe they will be in Franche or in German right?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 10:32
We're still waiting for information about the CE. Hope it's not too long coming because I want one! :cool:

Streakfury
6th Jun 2010, 10:56
I'd be tempted to get the CE as well, if there is one for the PC.

MaxxQ1
6th Jun 2010, 11:00
How about taking a page from Fallout 3 and including an Adam Jensen bobblehead? :D

Better yet, an entire mini-bobblehead set of Adam, JC, Paul, and Alex. :thumb:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 11:06
How about taking a page from Fallout 3 and including an Adam Jensen bobblehead? :D

Better yet, an entire mini-bobblehead set of Adam, JC, Paul, and Alex. :thumb:

Sweet! I like. :cool:

Corpus
6th Jun 2010, 12:16
I will pay them all my money for those glasses.

Realistically I think a box bot figure, with a book of concept art (the cover could have some some kind of icarus symbolism or Sarif related imagery.) and the soundtrack. A disc with some interviews that track the development would be cool.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2010, 12:18
I will pay them all my money for those glasses.

Absolutely! I definitely want those shades. In fact, I'd buy two pairs.

MaxxQ1
6th Jun 2010, 12:23
Absolutely! I definitely want those shades. In fact, I'd buy two pairs.

Mine would need to be prescription (after 7 years, still only 20/25 in my right and 20/30 in my left, thank goodness - don't even need to wear them when I drive). I refuse to wear contacts, and I definitely refuse to have lasers pointed at my eyes. Out of all the possible disgusting, scary things (or surgery) that can be done to the human body, messing with eyes bugs me the most. I can't even watch people put in their own contacts.

JCpies
6th Jun 2010, 12:41
I want a pair of sunglasses, that aren't sunglasses, so you can see well during the night but they're shaded like sunglasses.

MaxxQ1
6th Jun 2010, 12:54
I want a pair of sunglasses, that aren't sunglasses, so you can see well during the night but they're shaded like sunglasses.

Oh, yeah... that's the other thing about my eyes that I forgot to mention. I *do* occasionally wear sunglasses at night, because I'm light-sensitive. I get blinded by car headlights and streetlights on the highway. When I get my eyes checked, the optometrist literally has to pry my eyelids open, forcefully, to shine his little penlight in there.

It's painful. :(

LyreOfNero
6th Jun 2010, 16:12
Wow, that blows.

ZakKa89
7th Jun 2010, 08:08
I would want an CE but only if it's not more than 70 euro and if it has something cool in it. Maybe a digital artbook or something. Don't want an OST i can listen to that on youtube : )

Zahar
7th Jun 2010, 14:05
Any ideas for a special collectors edition of this game?

I personally love metal tin containers and also an exclusive figure/model of some sort.
For example, the Bioshock game included a model of the Big Daddy. :cool:

Would be cool to have a fetus model or something. :)
Also, an extra content CD and illustrated art book would be awesome!

I'd happily pay the extra for a collectors edition.... how about you guys?

I love collector's editions, but I must be fair, I own just a few because they usualy aren't launched here in Brazil, so it's either a VERY expensive import or... I grab the game at Steam for 50-60 dollars.

But considering I could buy it for a decent price (say, up to 100 dollars if it has enought candy):

-In order of importance;

1 - Action figure/statuette. It's a given in this case, 'cause Adam is visually "too cool for school" and, aparently, cannot be customized (saying it cause he's at the CGs, ignore if he IS fully customizable (my biggest gripe about Mass Effect action figures - MY Shepard doesn't look like that at ALL, so it's only a glorified G.I. Joe the way I see it).

If he IS customizable, action figure of some iconic enemy. Barret or the cloaking girl with e SMGs or, even cooler, the walker the police uses. I'd like a statuette of Tali or Wrex in the case of ME (since it was my example).

2 - Metal box. I really like those.

3 - Useful gadgets. I'm thinking about the clock/pip boy in the Fallout 3 CE. The thermal googles that shipped with MW2 are too much, made it too expensive - and completely useless tbh. Also, avoind Pen Drives. How many thematic pen drives can one have use for? Pretty much everyone that likes sci fi games and buys CEs will have Jim Raynor's tag from SC2 CE soon :P

4 - Not useful but cool and less expensive gadgets. I'm thinking about Fallout: New Vegas poker cards here.

4 - the usual, mandatory CE stuff. Art book, making of DVD, soundtrack CD. Frankly, from those, I'd only care about artbook. 10 minutes after lauch the others will hit youtube anyway, and I'd not watch the making of more than once anyway. Artbooks are cool tough, specially when the art is premium, and considering the E3 2010 trailer... it is.

Amore
7th Jul 2010, 19:53
I remember S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat collector's edition, for the Russian and German versions, it was pretty cool.

Had a couple of patches with the different faction emblems,
a bandanna with gas mask artwork on it,
a map of the game,
soundtrack,
bonus content DVD,
tin box,
and a friggin Zippo lighter with a radiation symbol on it.
( US version didn't have any patches or lighters. D: )

Thinking of what I wouldn't mind getting for Deus Ex...

Maybe something like, you got the tin box, and along with it, although this could be a bit expensive, a datacube sort of thing, think like, an iPad tablet, that contained a DX bible. Maybe you could throw in the artwork, and possibly the soundtrack, although, you'd have to have a port for it to plug into the computer, but then all the content could go viral which defeats the purpose sort of for a CE.

DJ Bury
8th Jul 2010, 02:48
I'm definitely getting Collector's Edition, I'd like to see either an action figure or statuette, as well as a disk that includes concept art, I'm usually not an artsy person but I just love the Deus Ex universe and it'd be great to have any kind of art or drawings of character models, ideas or areas in the game!

Also this is my first post, I don't really post much but I do like to read threads nonetheless. :rasp:

vince3
8th Jul 2010, 11:25
Todays steel/tin/whatever containers are crap. I love the big box editions and game companies that still make them are worth my money. That said, I do appreciate a few collectors editions that makes it worth to cough up the extra dough even if they've got the ****ty steel/tin/whatever containers. But I've only seen a few of these so far.
Bioshock is a good example. The box is butt-uggly but the figure makes it worth the buy. Fallout 3 collector's edition is in my view one of the few better ones out there for relatively newly released games. Fallout 3 amazed me with the wrist watch/pip boy edition and even the normal collector's edition with the lunch box and bobble head was good enough to fork up more dough. The Witcher collector's edition is another good example. Nothing holds a candle to World of Warcrafts amazing book-sized collector's editions. With the amazing content to boot. But then again it's Blizzard and they can afford it. Age of Conan did the same only their final product sucked but I still appreciated the collector's edition.

In the end I believe that since I'm a child of the 80's I have a critics mind and tend to appreciate quality instead of quantity. In the old days game companies actually had to work to win us over. Today it seems that all it requires is the will to make money, not the will to make a good product.

So I don't think a collector's edition of DXHR could dazzle me unless they do something spectacular.

/The old guy.

sonicsidewinder
8th Jul 2010, 12:13
Limited edition Trenchoat please :)

If not then a T-shirt will be fine.

Just DONT ransom off extra 'game content' with the special edition. It's unfair.
Companies are adopting the tactic more and more. Collectors Editions are for Collectors, not to be able to play more game than the normal version.

MaxxQ1
8th Jul 2010, 16:15
I think my favorite CE items for a game was what came with the World In Conflict CE. You got an actual chunk of the Berlin Wall (mine also has a bit of the graffitti on it) and a History Channel DVD about the history of the Wall.

Ashpolt
8th Jul 2010, 16:28
Yeah, the World in Conflict CE was great. I don't know if this is a regional thing or what, but mine also came with a headset mic, which was actually surprisingly decent quality for a freebie.

Can't remember if I've said it before, but artwork books are always a way to get me to buy a CE. I think a replica of Adam's shades would be cool too - obviously we wouldn't get ones that actually retracted, or were armless, but something similar would be good.

PenguinsFriend
8th Jul 2010, 16:29
I think my favorite CE items for a game was what came with the World In Conflict CE. You got an actual chunk of the Berlin Wall (mine also has a bit of the graffitti on it) and a History Channel DVD about the history of the Wall.

Real Berlin wall? LMAO - I think they still sell "real" chuncks of the wall - been sold out for years but somehow they still find "real" chuncks to sell. :lol:

J.CDenton
8th Jul 2010, 17:43
I definitively want the sunglasses! And a Soundtrack CD. I'm convinced the music will blows considering what we've heard in the trailer.

Also can't wait to see the Collector Edition pre-order on online sale websites. :p

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jul 2010, 17:48
As soon as our new Community Manager joins us, I shall be asking him to retrieve some juicy information about the Collectors' Edition. We need to know what's in the box, don't we. :)

J.CDenton
8th Jul 2010, 18:06
Ha ha? A new mystery ready to be unveilled? ;)

Pinky_Powers
8th Jul 2010, 18:18
As soon as our new Community Manager joins us, I shall be asking him to retrieve some juicy information about the Collectors' Edition. We need to know what's in the box, don't we. :)

Who the f**k is MrsP???

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jul 2010, 07:07
LOL, ask MrP...? ;)

Angel-A
9th Jul 2010, 07:33
Who is Mr. P?

hem dazon 90
9th Jul 2010, 08:15
i liked my immortal better

J.CDenton
9th Jul 2010, 09:24
I can read Mrs P.

She's a laaaaaadyyyyy?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jul 2010, 16:28
Who is Mr. P?
Who is MrP? Only those who are enlightened will ever know. ;)

i liked my immortal better
Yes, MyImmortal was a great name and I loved it myself... but right now I wish to express my "Omar-Oneness" with MrP. :cheek:

I can read Mrs P.
She's a laaaaaadyyyyy?
Hehe, yes I'm a woman. Does this make a difference? Only it shouldn't... :p

xsamitt
9th Jul 2010, 16:58
Who is MrP? Only those who are enlightened will ever know. ;)

Yes, MyImmortal was a great name and I loved it myself... but right now I wish to express my "Omar-Oneness" with MrP. :cheek:

Just for you.Cause your that special.:whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1DDgNCLD84

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jul 2010, 17:03
Just for you.Cause your that special.:whistle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1DDgNCLD84

Hehe, thank you. I love songs as much as any bunch of flowers. :)

xsamitt
9th Jul 2010, 17:04
Hehe, thank you. I love songs as much as any bunch of flowers. :)

Than that makes you a rare bird indeed.:flowers:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jul 2010, 17:11
Than that makes you a rare bird indeed.:flowers:
Indeed. I'm the rarest bird of all... completely unique. :D

But back on topic and enough about me. I won't be included in the Collectors' Edition. My apologies for that. :p

J.CDenton
10th Jul 2010, 09:55

Naaaah no difference, far from it. But so bad you will not be included in the collector edition. At least a pict of you with a lipstick mark on it should be fine I guess! :D

But yeah back to the topic. Have something tasty about the CE, mademoiselle? :)

Corpus
10th Jul 2010, 10:33
Hopefully the art won't be small in a book or on art cards. My call of pripyat art cards are nice but a little too small.
I'd say shove some posters in there but thats best saved for the store.

Ashpolt
30th Aug 2010, 20:51
The collector's edition should come with a transforming boxguard figure. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Aug 2010, 07:51
The collector's edition should come with a transforming boxguard figure.

I want one of those. :thumb:

Red
31st Aug 2010, 15:32
I suppose the Collector's Edition will come with a blanket obviously since the game will be so cool.

AxiomaticBadger
31st Aug 2010, 16:41
Nah, the collecters edition actually unfolds and clamps itself onto your cerebelum, allowing you to play via direct neural interface.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Aug 2010, 17:17
^
Hehe, sounds sweet. :D

Cronstintein
31st Aug 2010, 20:55
Comes with a gamepad for you to plug into your computer for the true deus ex experience ::ducks and runs for cover::

LostinTransplantation
31st Aug 2010, 21:28
adam's mechanical parts and a plane ticket to a crisis-ridden, militia controlled country where there is no law prohibiting doctors from sawing off healthy arms.
come to think of it, the invisibility would be a much more versatile ability.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Aug 2010, 21:40
^
Love your username. :D

ZakKa89
31st Aug 2010, 21:48
some small, cheap stuff is also nice. Stickers, keyhangers, that kind of stuff

Angel-A
31st Aug 2010, 23:05
Poster, anybody?

AaronJ
1st Sep 2010, 11:34
I went to my local EB Games recently and asked them about pre-ordering DX:HR. I was surprised to learn that there are two different versions to pre-order (at least, for PS3): a $64.99 version, and a $69.99 version (Canadian). Not much of a price difference if it's indeed a special edition. What do you guys think?

AxiomaticBadger
1st Sep 2010, 11:39
Inspiration!

A whisky glass, or lighter.