PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars The Game Vista Basic Problem

eddiebedzy
28th Dec 2007, 11:47
obviougsly there are still huge compatability problems with Vista after recently installing Lego star wars the game on vista basic coming up with this error when trying to boot the game (after dloading and installing anything to do with compatability issues) im getting this error:

A required Security Module can not be activated. This program can not be executed.

I am logged in as admin and approved all actions etc etc.
Is this a reported common problem or is there somthing ive missed during setup? any help or advice appreciated
:mad2:

eddiebedzy
28th Dec 2007, 12:54
ook after looking through the other threads and following the advice of this one..
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=69845

i followed the advice given, installed the new version of the .exe
now im getting the incorrect disk error insead of the previous security error.
i can utterly appreciate any suspision of pritated copies but this a legit copy recived as a xmas pressie for my daughter so its kind of important to get this working.

TazGreg
28th Jan 2008, 20:07
Hi

We've hit exaactly the same problem in saying wrong disc - I'm *guessing* the download file is for Star Wars II thr original trilogy, and not the Video Game.

Were you able to get the problem resolved? Does anyone else out there have the solution if not?

Many thanks

Taz

bmuck
9th Feb 2008, 13:59
I'm new to this forum. Just bought a new vista machine with amd phenom and ati radeon 2400xt card. We installed star wars (episode I, II, III) last night and it worked great for about 2 hours. This morning i get an error saying that windows has encountered a problem and must shut down the program. I've tried the new executable file, tried running it in compatability mode and tried re-installing. What's going on? I'm bummed that this software works for some vista users (after the securom .exe fix) and not me. Any ideas?

benneb81
26th Mar 2008, 23:19
I just recently upgraded my system to vista and lego star wars (episodes 1,2,& 3) installed fine but when i tried to play it, it crashed and windows couldn't find a solution. the game brake right after the screen says "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away..." Any suggestions?

SOwen
16th Apr 2008, 20:00
Did anyone find an answer to this problem?

Scholtzh
26th May 2008, 08:13
When Running the program run it as administrator. (Right click on Icon choose)

This took me past that problem, bringing me to the next problem. Display card problem. I'm still busy sorting that out now.

KevinandRhonda
9th Jun 2008, 22:04
I have the same problem as Bmuck. The game ran fine when installed Saturday night. It ran Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon it would crash when the starwars theme started. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have a 6 month old laptop with Vista Basic, 1.7 mhs, 6 gigs of open hard drive, 1 gig of ram. Since it ran twice, I assume I meet all the requirements.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. No improvement. I am always logged in as the administrator. We got this as a birthday present for my son on Saturday. I would really appreciate any help.

KevinandRhonda
10th Jun 2008, 20:56
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: legostarwars.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 423718ba
Fault Module Name: legostarwars.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 423718ba
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00128e6e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f09d
Additional Information 2: 349e6da88c1390183575d1598c95dd19
Additional Information 3: 0066
Additional Information 4: 01680fbfc6c84eeea6ffda8085ed7f05

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

This is the error message I am getting.

kristof747
15th Jun 2008, 15:22
I'm new to this forum. Just bought a new vista machine with amd phenom and ati radeon 2400xt card. We installed star wars (episode I, II, III) last night and it worked great for about 2 hours. This morning i get an error saying that windows has encountered a problem and must shut down the program. I've tried the new executable file, tried running it in compatability mode and tried re-installing. What's going on? I'm bummed that this software works for some vista users (after the securom .exe fix) and not me. Any ideas?

Try to delete SWLEGO.BIN. It worked for me. I had the same problems and tried to re-install, securom etc etc. By chance I googled SWLEGO.bin. And deleting doesn't affect the programe. and it worked.
ciao

smogu
10th Dec 2008, 19:48
thanks Kristoff for the tip for deleting the .bin file.
worked for me - and obviously for my son..
i thought the problems were due to updating the
ati drivers to 8.11 but obviously the bin file
has been corrupted or something .. (wild quess).

merry christmas to you .. :)

smogu ..
with ..
Win x64 professional
Opteron 185
ati (Gigabyte) hd4870
asus a8n-sli