PDA

View Full Version : Physiopharmaceutical augmentation

imported_van_HellSing
27th Dec 2007, 21:37
Just a fun random thought: how about having an option to go with physiopharmaceutical augmentation instead of mechanical or nano? In case someone didn't remember, physiopharmaceutical augmentation is the type used for MIBs :cool:.

Have drugs which increase your abilities, but give side-effects such as hearing or seeing weird stuff etc. Maybe even an option to side with MJ-XII and become a MIB? Participate in brain-washing type conditioning through flashing images etc? :nut:

mr_cyberpunk
27th Dec 2007, 22:00
Worked for Syndicate :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Dec 2007, 12:33
Yeah, it is a good idea.
Though I would say 'in addition' to rather than 'instead of'. :)

cudlla
3rd Jan 2008, 20:16
NEVER! There is diferent, more funny, use drugs:) Better nano or mechanical augmetation then fill my body with some slowly-killing s**t.

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Jan 2008, 21:47
Haha, what can I help that I love mindfoockery of all kind. I'd never take drugs in real life, but in DX I frequently od on zyme or go around drunk all the time :rasp:.

Playing a paranoid MIB ("Some of those people are androids. Watch the way they move." They actually say that! :nut:) would be great.

v.dog
4th Jan 2008, 09:24
I've been of the idea of drugs for power in games since Sin: Episode 1. The effects of an overdose were just annoying; they took much from the game and added nothing.

mr_cyberpunk
4th Jan 2008, 13:13
We are talking about performance and mental altering drugs not recreational drugs. But yeah if they do go down the Zyme track again, please avoid the camera zooming and shaking goo screen.

v.dog
4th Jan 2008, 21:35
Sin's Mutagen was a performance enhancer, unless you OD'd. The wobbly green screen was just annoying.

ThatDeadDude
6th Jan 2008, 14:36
The whole performance enhancing substance thing could be quite cool. I think it might work nicely to have most of them just having a temporary effect (I just finished the witcher, so the idea's fresh in my mind).