PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Network Connection Issues= everyone gets an instant drop. (No Credit)

SolusSerpentsong
9th Dec 2013, 01:24
Ok, first I'd like to say.. I know it's Alpha.. it's gonna happen. Will in Beta too, maybe even occassionally in full release. Thing is, you can be near the end of an entire match(not just a round, a match)... have that happen... and get no credit what-so-ever. When a match ends, either through normal means.. or a network connection issue, appropriate credit should be given to the players involved in my opinion. Such as the gold they would have gotten based on the current scores when the network issue happened.. and the XP accumulated by said player.

That would be AMAZING. I know Tribes:Ascend does it that way. You guys are even better devs.. so I'm sure you can too.

With Love & Much Appreciation,
-Zack aka Sol62287

Oroibahazopi
9th Dec 2013, 01:29
More trobes players every day.

Good idea, however on the other side it means chronic leavers get rewarded a little for leaving their team.

lucinvampire
9th Dec 2013, 09:58
I think this maybe more of an issue in alpha/beta when the servers are on limited times - but it is a hold your hands in the air shouting "noooooooo" moment when it happens. I've only had this happen when the servers are shut down mid-game. Do you find it happens at other points too?

I agree that in may encourage more people in dropping - in that once they get their rewards from a game they'll leave.

Psyonix_Corey
9th Dec 2013, 16:03
What should be happening is that if you DC and do not return, you keep any XP and Gold you earned from your score, but you do not receive Win/Loss gold or item drops for the match.

SolusSerpentsong
9th Dec 2013, 19:16
More trobes players every day.

Good idea, however on the other side it means chronic leavers get rewarded a little for leaving their team.

I think this maybe more of an issue in alpha/beta when the servers are on limited times - but it is a hold your hands in the air shouting "noooooooo" moment when it happens. I've only had this happen when the servers are shut down mid-game. Do you find it happens at other points too?

I agree that in may encourage more people in dropping - in that once they get their rewards from a game they'll leave.

What should be happening is that if you DC and do not return, you keep any XP and Gold you earned from your score, but you do not receive Win/Loss gold or item drops for the match.

First, yes it could encourage more people to drop.. if you get a recurrent pattern on a player dropping to do this though you could cut off benefits to them automatically.. somehow. It's just a matter of keeping track. You could even have people report if they notice some do this often. Double check the tracking, see if it's a network issue, or if they leave by choice.

Second.. probably more of a problem in alpha/beta.. I agree. After all, it's still in a testing state. Totally a hold your hands in the air shouting nooooooo moment though. lol. You put that so well. I've had it happen at other points, yes... not just when the servers are shut down mid game, though that occurred as well.

That's already implemented Corey? I haven't noticed that happening for me at all.. but I'm keep a closer eye from now on for it and report back about whether I see it happen or not.

Thanks for the responses guys.. and Vae Victus! :D

Keep up the good work.

-Zack aka Sol62287

Oroibahazopi
10th Dec 2013, 03:59
Doesn't seem to happen that way and I kept quite a careful eye on my gold. I dropped a match half way through round one getting some kills. Re-queued and got into another match which I completed. Gold amount after the second match was just what I had previously plus the gold for the second match.

SolusSerpentsong
10th Dec 2013, 17:47
Doesn't seem to happen that way and I kept quite a careful eye on my gold. I dropped a match half way through round one getting some kills. Re-queued and got into another match which I completed. Gold amount after the second match was just what I had previously plus the gold for the second match.

I've noticed the same.. doesn't seem to happen that way even when its a network connection issue.

Psyonix_Corey
10th Dec 2013, 18:07
We'll have a look at it.

SolusSerpentsong
10th Dec 2013, 22:30
Thank you :D