PDA

View Full Version : PC - Worth buying for MP?

Firegamer
25th Dec 2007, 21:03
Hi, hello, good day, good night, good morning and etc. I've been considering purchasing this game, but the thing that depends if i will or not, is if there are enough people playing on list play (Since its free). Already won the SP part at a friends house, so the only reason for me to buy it now would be if there's enough people playing the multiplayer.

So. Is it hard or easy to find a server in list play on the PC version, and are there enough players playing making it worth to buy for MP?

Candle
25th Dec 2007, 23:33
I bought it for multiplayer, as I had beat the single player.

And yes, I am having fun.

Firegamer
25th Dec 2007, 23:35
I'm sure the MP is fun, but is there enough people online to be able to find a server easily?

Kneo24
26th Dec 2007, 00:54
Don't buy a SP game that has MP tacked onto it. Really, that's just a rule of thumb for any game. Would you have bought Doom 3 when it came out for the MP? No? Would you buy FEAR for the MP? Again, No. MP for just about every SP game I have ever played has not been well balanced. It's just an afterthought. If you want MP, buy an MP game.

Candle
26th Dec 2007, 01:18
This game is good for multiplayer because it is a new concept that works out pretty well, and it is pretty easy to find a match. And fear's multiplayer was free.

So that is not true.

Kneo24
26th Dec 2007, 02:20
This game is good for multiplayer because it is a new concept that works out pretty well, and it is pretty easy to find a match. And fear's multiplayer was free.

So that is not true.

It was not free when it first came out, and after they made it free, they never bothered to balance it anyway.

Firegamer
26th Dec 2007, 08:07
People, stay on topic. Instead of talking about how bad "SP games that has MP tacked onto it" is and other random stuff, then maybe you should awnser my question. Or just not post at all.

Kneo24
26th Dec 2007, 10:40
I did answer your question. SP games are just that, SP games. Having a multiplayer added on to it is not a good reason to buy a game. I honestly don't know how much gaming you've ever done on the PC, but people tend to buy MP only games when they want some MP, and there's a reason for that.

Firegamer
26th Dec 2007, 13:59
I've been on a PC for a long time, dont know if its longer than you, but no one cares about how long we have, so lets not go there. And you still missed the question. Looks like you dont even read the post i made, just the topic name. Here, ill repeat what i posted...

Ahem....

No, not the Ahem, but this:

"Is it hard or easy to find a server in list play on the PC version, and are there enough players playing making it worth to buy for MP?"

Ok, just so you know. This doesnt mean i never ever play the SP part, but i hate having a game and then say: "Oh, that was fun. I wonder how the multiplayer is?", and then when you go to see it, maybe manage to play a good round and find it perhaps funny, but the playerbase sucks, and its hard to find a sever or anything and then the money you paid for the game seems to be thrown out the window (Double Agent was like this). Even though the SP is fun, it cant keep you playing the game for ages. Btw, those two games you mentioned: (Doom3 & F.E.A.R.), got tons of modifications that make the MP a fun experience that keeps you playing for long. Oh. I just found another reason for games to avoid LIVE.

Well, enough of that. Seems like people dont read it anyway.

Keep your oppinion about games to yourself, no one here really want it. Well, maybe some do, but i dont. I have a simple question that you missed to see. So someone just awnser THIS question so this can get closed already.

Oh, if you didnt see it...

"Is it hard or easy to find a server in list play on the PC version, and are there enough players playing making it worth to buy for MP?"

Or we can make this a flame-fest.

Candle
26th Dec 2007, 19:39
Yes, I can find servers kind of frequently and they work.

Firegamer
26th Dec 2007, 20:15
Well, then it should be safe enough to buy it and be able to play the both SP and MP.

A mod should probably close this now.

NanoElite
27th Dec 2007, 14:45
i had trouble finding a game with the pc version, i think maybe candle is using the x box 360 version, which maybe have less connection issues with online. i bought this game for online aswell as it sounded like it offered something unique, however i have not had a single chance to play one online game yet because of connection issues. the main menu screen is a needlessly poor design which makes u go back to the first menu every time u finish a game or get a failure to connect. so u have to run past loads of other screens to get back to where u were, at the multiplayer section. they seem to have focused everything on making it look good insted of ease of use, personnl i would hve refered something that looked like windows 95 but was a simple layout which made sense, and everthing layed out properly.

- confusing main menu
- not lot of online players (games take ages to fill 4 players)
- connection problems
- multiplayer not being given enough money and time spent on it( imbalances, only 4 maps i have heard, no anticheat, no chat lobby, no official stats or ladder).

i wouldnt recommend buying this game soley for multiplayer however sp is fun.

carbon
27th Dec 2007, 15:31
I wouldn't recommend because whole the game is full of errors and game crashes (PC), because still none develop a patch which fix it****

Candle
27th Dec 2007, 16:03
I do have the PC version, and almost every time I try to find a game at a reasonable hour, I find one withing about 10-15 minutes.

Firegamer
27th Dec 2007, 19:40
Most of the servers work for me. And my game have never ever crashed.

Candle
28th Dec 2007, 00:41
Well, thats good. I had a few disconnects today, but I was dling a lot of stuff.

halflifedave
28th Dec 2007, 00:52
Don't buy a SP game that has MP tacked onto it. Really, that's just a rule of thumb for any game. Would you have bought Doom 3 when it came out for the MP? No? Would you buy FEAR for the MP? Again, No. MP for just about every SP game I have ever played has not been well balanced. It's just an afterthought. If you want MP, buy an MP game.

I would normally agree with this statement, but the developers actually put an effort into the multiplayer for this game and it's something innovative. However, all the times I have tried to join MP games for this, the online support has been terrible :(

Kneo24
28th Dec 2007, 12:33
A good concept implemented horribly it still "tacked on" to me.

And regarding the OP, you're an idiot. Good job at quoting yourself, showing that you did ask (as a separate question at the end) if the game was worth buying for MP alone.

Firegamer
28th Dec 2007, 17:32
And it was. Even though i end up playing SP some of the time.

Candle
29th Dec 2007, 18:59
Whats your Tag. do you play on PC?

Firegamer
29th Dec 2007, 20:43
Yeah, I'm on the PC version. Tag is FiregamerTwo.

Candle
30th Dec 2007, 00:55
Cant wait to fight you, you host.

I mean help . . . not fight.