PDA

View Full Version : For TRU...

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 15:35
So I have been thinking about the new TR game Underworld and I read that there will be no more medipacks. I read that they were thinking about making some of the plants able to help her. I was watching videos of Uncharted and noticed that there is no health bar- but the screen turns black and white and blurry and you hear heavy breathing. If Drake does not get hurt anymore it goes back to normal. I was wondering what you guys thought about this, as a way for Lara to recover.
Also if there are anymore cut scenes I would love the arrow or button not to be in the middle of the screen but rather in the corner, and I would also like it to be a little smoother. In TRA it would feel kinda jerky which took away from it.
What do you guys think?

Phlip
24th Dec 2007, 15:49
The health? Where did you read all this?

The IC's? I agree, kind of. I would like to see them scattered throughout random places on the screen - and each time you play, the 'button prompts' are in a different place. :thumbsup:

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 16:03
I thought that I read that on this forum or at least on an article. I could try to find it...

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 16:35
www.planetlara.com/underworld <<<< has artical and screenshots on it......

Phlip
24th Dec 2007, 16:41
I thought that I read that on this forum or at least on an article. I could try to find it...
If you read it on www.tombraiderforums.com, it's a load of bollocks. :)

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 16:51
Tomb-Dude-92 has the link to the article I read about it, thank you Tomb-Dude.
I personally prefer this more realistic approach to the game. I wonder if her twin pistols will ever run out of amo, since she can now use hand to hand combat to ward off enemies- just in case she doesn't have any left...?

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 17:28
Dats quite alrite!!!! :D

But has any else noticed this (i just stopped playing the level kazakstarn in legend and when she meet's amanda i noticed her packpack as the strap across her chest????
I never noticed this until now what bout you guys???

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 17:58
I did notice that before. There always seems to be a little glitch/mistake somewhere. It's kinda funny how they're doing that in TRU. I think it makes more sense, cause the backpack could always slip off her shoulders.

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 18:37
I think i have only noticed it now becuase i saw it in TR:U so it isn't a new backpack it is the same as legend ... Very cleaver it just amazing that none of us noticed it. I'll see if it the same in the next level?????? :)

Rai
24th Dec 2007, 19:30
I never actually noticed the strap before I saw it in the shots of TRU. It was in Legend? Never noticed.

No medipacks? No Way! That is insane, they're part of Tomb Raider. Please god no more Chocolate bars! Maybe they have tablets and bandages though, I'm not sure I like the plant idea, even if it is more realistic. I can see me playing this game and Lara dying - a lot! :eek:

Jezyk
24th Dec 2007, 19:41
I study botany. I currently have a subject (course, whatever you call it;p) about herbs and such. And believe me, quickly healing yourself in wilderness through plants isn't very realistic;)

Rai
24th Dec 2007, 19:49
I wouldn't have thought so either to be honest.

I'm intrigued as to what CD have planned.

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 20:00
Probally instead of collecting med packs you collect leaves herbs and everything like that??? But med packs are Tr they have been in it sinse the original :eek:

But the chocolate bar made me laugh! :lol:

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 20:17
I really don't think that healing by plants is what they should do- especially if they want it a little more realistic.
It's true that the medipacks have always been in TR but at the same time it is very unlikely to find them all over the place.
I wonder about not having a life bar...like in Uncharted.

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 20:23
If they do that, then they will be copying uncharted where as at the moment it looks like uncharted are copying them... But as for med packs becasue there looks like there r going 2 be mercs in this game why dont hte med packs just come form them instead of been scattered around????

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 20:26
Yeah I realized that...I think that both games look great. I think it may also be hard to make a game about looking for treasure/artifacts and not have a good deal of complaints from TR fans. Who knows!
Well yes I agree that the med packs could come from mercs but as soon as you've fallen and hurt yourself- you lose health. And then for example you run into an animal and you have no other med packs- then you're in trouble. Hopefully that made sense. I just wonder if there is another way...I hope they release more information soon.

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 20:37
I see what you mean... i dont know how they are going to do it... It just seems very confusing at this stage... maybe in the new year we will get more infomation on the game and some new screens and a video hopefully......

RaiderGirl#1
24th Dec 2007, 20:58
Yeah, I hope they give us a lot of goodies for the new year!
I hope the game comes out in June or whatever because then I will be too tempted to play it during school.

Tomb-Dude
24th Dec 2007, 23:01
In june i would of finished my last year of school done all my exams and moving on to collage oh yeah!
So i will get a load of time to play it but then again i will be working alot so i will either be able 2 buy a PS3 or a new PC.... hummmm..... which one???

ChOnyD
28th Dec 2007, 07:41
Uhm, CD or Eidos said that they weren't quite certain about how Lara will heal herself...

I have no clue, but if the mercs were to drop the medipacks, then that would be very hard, considering the fact that there are hardly any human enemies.

I guess Uncharted way is okay with me... i dunno?:scratch:

LisaB1962
28th Dec 2007, 17:06
Anything that reduces the "explore and find stuff" component of Tomb Raider will lessen the game's appeal.

Switching from medipacks to plants is just change to change's sake. Pretty pointless IMO. I'd rather see them concentrate on changing things that will improve gameplay.

rabid metro
29th Dec 2007, 06:23
hmmm ... there are two things that i'd really like to see in TR games ... :cool:

... (ahem) ... so those would be:
a) a way for the game itself to (on demand) capture, let's say 30 seconds of your play. and, of course, the point would be to be able to share your TR moments with other fans ...

b) when you reach a boss battle, this would unlock "boss battle replay" for that boss. you shouldn't have to beat that boss first to unlock the replay. this would expedite replay of "hot" moments in the game and also enable a sort of default practice mode ...

... a dog can dream can't he ... :cool: ;)

Atheist
31st Dec 2007, 14:58
I hope they don't take away the medipacks.

What's next? Her pistols? Her backpack? :(

Oh wait...

They already did all of that, in AOD.